3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Moms losing weight #62 TGIF (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/54345-moms-losing-weight-62-tgif.html)

melmcc99 03-04-2005 08:07 AM

Moms losing weight #62 TGIF

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise

melmcc99 03-04-2005 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlie
Hi my name is Jennifer and I am deparate to loss my baby weight I am a mom to 3 great kids Alycia 5yo step son Dade is 4 yo and my little guy Zach is 5 months old I have been going to the gym almost nightly with my good friend and I am thinking about joining ww but the price of it is definitly making the decision harder. when preg with zach my hight preg weight was 210 :fr: :fr: I started at the gym in November and was 186 and i have only recently had those numbers budge down i was 175 two days ago but i oddly went back up to 178 but i am happy to be under 180 i was stuck above that weigh to long lol :lol: anyhoo i hope to make some buds here and lose this weight lol!!

Good luck to us all

Harlie posted this on Wednesday's thread.

melmcc99 03-04-2005 08:12 AM

Michelle, OMG, you must have been a wreck! Poor Taylor! How is Teagan feeling? Still sick? HOpe everyone is feeling better. What a night for you! TTYL

melmcc99 03-04-2005 08:18 AM

OK, I should get back to the gym today. I'm affraid! It's been almost two weeks. I've done stuff home as you know, but it's not the same as bustin' my butt on those machines! ANyway, we'll see what happens. I should get there and head out ...do what I've got to do!

ChrissyL 03-04-2005 08:24 AM

Michelle~Good Gracious poor little Taylor :( I sure hope she had a good night and is doing well today. You and your husband must be exhausted today! I'm praying for her!

My day was OK yesterday, I exercised again and ate good, man does my stomach hurt! LOL A good hurt though KWIM? I ordered the Richard Simmons "Lose weight & Celebrate" package last night, I love Richard! I lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks 10 years ago just using his tapes and doing WW...I have 3 tapes now, I use 2 of them and alternate them everyday. This package comes with 3 more tapes, the food mover gold, toning cord, vitamens, exchange booklets & cookbook all for $19.95 ($25.90 with shipping) I cant wait for it to get here! I'm thinking alittle more variety, changing excersices and giving me more low daily calorie choices is going to help me alot. I still haven't lost those 2 lbs and I have been extremely faithful I even made my husband and kids homemade chocolate fudge with walnuts the other day and didn't have one! And they are still in the fridge!

Penny~~ Hiya! How's things with you? I hope good :)

Jen~ YAY So glad to hear your back in your place and hubby is doing good :)

Chris~TOM making you nuts? I hope you do fine on your weigh in Sunday

Everyone have a fantastic day and I'll check in later
Big Hugs to all!

sharqueen76 03-04-2005 09:10 AM

Good morning ladies! I never did anything yesterday as far as exercise goes. I feel like I am constantly having bad news to tell you ladies. I really need some prayers right now. It seems like everything is falling apart for me and I have absolutely no motivation because of it or an appetite for that matter. Last night my husband told me he wants a divorce. I want my marriage more than anything. I feel like I have no support on my end at all. My family thinks it's for the best but most of my family members are divorced or never been married. I don't want that for myself or my kids. Needless to say I am having a rough time. I am going to my mom's tonight. I will be there for the weekend. I was wondering Mel or Michelle if it's okay if I post my pic on Monday or if you wanted me to post it today. Either way is fine with me. I will be getting all my challenges in today if it kills me.

Michelle~ I am soo sorry to hear about Taylor. That must of been really scary for you. How is she doing??

Penny~ Good morning!! How are you doing???

ChrissyL~ Thank you for your kind words.

Harlie~Yes, we can do it!! Welcome to a wonderful place with wonderful women. I know you're going to love it here.

I better go..I'll BBL!

ChrissyL 03-04-2005 09:14 AM

OMGosh Jen I am so sorry :( Divorce is not fun, I divorced my first husband after 11 years of marriage. Please know I am thinking of you. I know you don't want that for your children but believe me in the long run they will be better off with divorced parents then parents that aren't happy or fight...been there done that. If you need a shoulder I have a pretty big one for you.

michellejy 03-04-2005 09:35 AM

Jen- I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I got a divorce two years ago, and even though it was something my ex and I both wanted, it's still difficult to go through. Fortunately, we still managed to stay on friendly terms and celebrate holidays together with our daughter (as well as ex-in-laws and the new significant others which makes for interesting looks when anyone sees the pictures :) ). I hope this is something you and your husband can work out. You've obviously both been going through a lot lately so see if you can convince him to try counseling before taking such a major step.

Michelle- Is Taylor doing better today? By the way, the DVD I have is the New York City Ballet Workout 2. I've only done part of it so far, but it allows you to customize your workout by choosing which parts of the DVD you want to do, and it has a little glossary explaining what all of the moves should look like since they use traditional ballet terms. From what I read, the first one didn't have that explanation.

MichelleRae 03-04-2005 09:48 AM

Hi Ladies!

Jeniqua, I'm so sorry hun! :( I'm here for you, if you want to take your time and post your pic on Monday go ahead or maybe we can grant a repreive this week for everyone since we all seem to be going through crap. So okay I'm making the decision to cancel pics for this week and we will resume next sunday. So no need to post pics this week!

Well Taylor ended up back in the ER last night for a CT scan, she started throwing up and that was one of the things they told me I needed to bring her back in for was if she was vomitting. So the CT scan looked good, no crack in the eye socket bone and no bleeding or internal hemorrhaging just some major tissue bruising and swelling. So we think she probably got a little bit of the flu on top of her noggin bump so that must be why she's vomitting. But I'm keeping an eye on her today.

Okay I need to get some more sleep, I didn't get much last night and i have to work tonight. I'll be back later and hopefully I can get some exercise today too.

Michelle

sydsmom 03-04-2005 09:54 AM

Michelle - I am so sorry, I hope Tay is doing better, glad the CY scans were clear :) Get some sleep hunny :) Love ya!

HI to the rest of ya's. I know I said I would get personal, but no time! I have an errand that I must run before 10;30...get dd in the bath first and get mysef showered and dressed. So its going to be a quick morning! I will try and get here before I have to go to work tonight to get personal! :) TTYL! :)

Hope you all have a great OP day! I will! I will!! :)

chrily 03-04-2005 09:57 AM

Jen,
My ex came up to me after 7 years of marriage and said he wanted a divorce. It's such a emotional blow. I was a wreck. But here I am 8 yrs later, married to a great guy with 2 more little girls in my life. I won't lie, it's hard, but we are all here for you. Looks like alot of us have been there and are there for you too.

Michelle-Your poor little darling! Even if the throwing up is just from the flu, I can imagine how much it probably hurts afte bumping her noggin. She probably has one heck of a headache. Thinking of both of you and try to get some rest today.

Hi Chrissy, Chelle, and Melissa...(hope you get to the gym today Mel...) Yesterday was my slow exercise day but today I'll have to kick it back up.

~chris

chrily 03-04-2005 10:00 AM

Morning Kristin, you snuck up on me. Have a great day!

~chris

sydsmom 03-04-2005 01:16 PM

HI :wave: So no posting pics huh? Is our weigh in still gonna count? LMK :) IM excited again this week for mine! :)

Jeniqua - I am so sorry about your situation! If you need anything sweetie, you know we are ALL here for you! I feel bad for not posting to you earlier, I didn't read any of the posts from today yet when I did write mine, just yesterdays...I hope you don't think that I was being insensitive! Love ya sweetie, if there is anything I can do, please let me know! Try and have a good day hun :)

Chris, Michellej, Chrissy, Mel adn MichelleRae...HOpe you are all having as sunny of a day as I am....heading back outside now! :)
:grouphug:

MichelleRae 03-04-2005 01:49 PM

Just wanted to show you Taylors eye really quick then I'm going to nap because I only got like 2 hours of sleep last night I'm exhausted

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../taybruise.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Taybruise2.jpg

melmcc99 03-04-2005 02:06 PM

oh michelle, poor Taylor.....get some rest girlie!