Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #751  

Chips and Beer sounds good. Sugar plums not so sure what they are. I love that your honest Reb! I love to bake and craft I know not everyone is cut out for it. I do enough of it for the both of us girl! You go right on with the dough boy he is just as good as home made sometimes.

Yeppie it is finally Friday. Looking forward to having a couple of days off. Hope you all have a great weekend. Be thinking about those ginger bread houses now!
Old 11-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #752  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Andrea - you can cheat and use graham crackers....then you don't have to actually bake anything. But you miss out on the smell of gingerbread baking...maybe you could get a gingerbread scented candle. It's all about enjoying the task in the end.

2fru - mmmmmm chips and beer.... Dancing sounds like fun, too!

Harleymom - I love to bake, too....unfortunately I am a little too good at it. I feel compelled to sample the merchandise just a bit too much. So - I don't bake very often any more... I need to get back to my creative side...maybe I'll drag my pottery wheel out of storage. I haven't thrown a pot in years....it will get me away from the TV.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:33 PM   #753  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Chips, beer,and dancing...three of my favorite things!! Sounds fun!!

I don't know about this weekend. Dh has been working so much that he was ready for bed at 7:45 pm last night. Yippee...fun Friday night! I do have a guy friend that invited us out for a few beers at a lodge, but I dont think that Dh would want me to go alone. Dh did ask me out on a "date" this weekend, but I might let him sleep tonight and then take him up on the offer tomorrow night. So, it may be me, a glass of wine (or few beers) and the computer tonight. Whoo hoo. On Sunday we are going to do a toy run with our motorcyle club, so that should be fun. I really need to tidy the house a bit when I get home tonight, though. It could be a busy weekend and then Monday morning I'd be left with a disaster of a house to contend with.

Gina- I like the Gingerbread candle idea! I do use Yankee potpourri tarts and that might be solution to the heavenly scent of baked goods this hoilday season... Although the smell could send me on a fat fest bender...watch out cookie section at Walmart!!!

Harley- I want to be the crafty, home baking kind of mom you are! I wonder if Simba and Lucy would appreciate some homemade treats?

Have a great weekend ladies.

Don't hate me if I post on here this evening and had a few drinks...LOL. That might be the extent of my excitement tonight!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:37 AM   #754  
We're TTC!!

Good morning ladies.

Not much to report here. Pretty good weekend, but it went by way too fast and I could use another weekend! I really don't want to be at work today...

Hope everyone is doing great and had good weekends.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:38 AM   #755  
9.95 + S & H

Hey everyone! I was wondering if I could jump back in here now that I've got my head on straight? I've been gone a while because of training for the new job, then the new job and because I wasn't doing anything to help my weight loss. Things are very different for me now. I am at the new job - love it even though it's slow, I no longer drink - which I was having a problem with, and I've re-joined the gym as of Saturday - and I went both days this weekend.
Riding season is winding down here: 35 degrees in the am 55 in the pm. Way to cold for me! I don't get out this summer as much as I would have liked, but next year I'll have more time to go.
It's good to be back, I'll keep checking in
Kathy
Old 11-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #756  
We're TTC!!

Kathy- I am so glad to see you back! It sounds like things are going really good for you. Well, since you were last here we've had some other biker chicks (very awesome ladies) post on here with us. Star will out be out for awhile because of a procedure and Holly is around here from time to time. We're glad to see you back!
Old 11-07-2005, 01:39 PM   #757  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Hi all! I am a 37 year old Mom of one son 8 years old. My husband and I went to Daytona Bike Week this year. He has an '01 Softail Standard that I rode on the back of. I was hooked. When we got home, I bought an '05 Softail Deuce that I STILL CAN'T RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I put the cart before the horse but if I didn't then I would never even attempt to learn. It gives me incentive to ride knowing it is in my garage. But, everytime I get on it I am so "green" that I am too nervous and refuse to ride over 45 mph! I think this stems from me dumping a bike during my motorcycle class and bruising myself up-and that was a smaller bike. I had my Deuce lowered and had the bars put on the front to protect it in case I drop it. We are supposed to go out again in 2 days for me to practice. Wish me luck. Anyway, I am looking to lose 70 lbs. total. I have already lost 8 so just 62 more to go. Hope to make some friends in here! Talk to you all later!

Last edited by GeorgiePorgie; 11-07-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:31 PM   #758  

Good morning all. Awesome weekend but way to fast. My DH took of for a funeral about an hour and half away. They all took off in the snow on thier bikes. Crazy boys. DH was cold for hours after getting home. I am not cut out for that cold weather riding.

Found out about this great new thing. It is called supper solutions. You go to their Kitchens a prepare 12 dinner's for your family and then just take them home and freeze them. They do all the prep work you just put the stuff together. Then the best part is they do all the clean up. Gotta love that. It is only a little over 3 dollars per person per meal. Very affordable. And will be great with me on JC my family can have meals ready to go. I am going to go next week and see what it is like. I'll let you all know.

Welcome back Kathy and nice to meet you.

Hope you all are having a better Monday than I am. Very crazed and busy.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #759  

Welcome Eddie Don't give up on that Harley. Slow and steady is the only way to go when your learning. Don't be afraid, show that machine whose boss of it, but keep a healthy respect for it! I am surprised you wanted to ride your own after only going on a road trip as a passanger. Most chicks don't think about getting on by themselves until after they have been riding for a while.
What kind of program are you on for weight loss? And also need to know where you from? I am sorta of a nose body like that. Have a good one.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:46 PM   #760  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Hi Harley Mom! I am on Medifast. Mostly liquid and one regular meal a day. Looking for quick weight loss (and am getting it!) and hope to maintain when finished. I am about 30 minutes west of Orlando, FL. I have ridden with my husband before. Just caught the bug in Daytona. He had a Kawi Ninja ZX 12R before he bought his Harley. When I wrecked during class I did it during the test and failed. I have since passed but that is on their bikes-650 Buell. Mine is bigger and more intimidating. I really, really want to learn to ride but am having a tough time with my "fear" of the darned thing! I'll persevere! What do you ride again? Talk to ya later!
Old 11-07-2005, 04:27 PM   #761  

I am on a Road King. Big heavy thing but smooth on the road. We go on long trips and I like the comfort. I am getting to old for all those bumps in the tail end. I love to ride and started on a much smaller bike years ago it only weighed 500 lbs. The wind would blow and so would I, it was crazy.
Got to go have a meeting the the principal about my kids, talk to you later!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:07 PM   #762  

OK guys I have a good one for you. The band teacher is afraid of my DH! Thinks he is a criminal for sure as he is tatooed and biker through and through. He thinks my husband is out for him. I just laughed at him and told him my husband thinks your rude. Talk about discrimination. Funny how people just look at you and go hmmm I think that biker dude is crazy and I don't like or trust him. Keeping in mind my Dh is all of 5'5" tall and weighs 170 lbs he is a real threat to society guys. People crack me up. Sorry I just had to share that with some biker chicks who understand where I am at. Have a great one all.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:15 PM   #763  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

HarleyMom: Are you telling me that you went to a meeting today at your kid's school to meet with the principal and it was because the band teacher is afraid of your hubby? STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! Tell the principal that the band teacher has his own issues and you can't help him with those...but you can offer him a ride on the back of hubby's Harley! he he he
Old 11-08-2005, 04:00 AM   #764  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Harley mom, I'd be more scared of you!

I bought a new helmet - it came in the post yesterday! I LOVE it! I had a great ride with it on this morning, it's strange how something little can really boost your confidence (Oh and the fact that it's dry today! ). It's got Ogri cartoons all over it (I don't know if he's stateside but you can google him!) and it's got a breath deflector and a little flap thing underneath to keep the wind going down your neck. It's very very cool!
Old 11-08-2005, 11:05 AM   #765  
We're TTC!!

Good morning biker babes!

eddie- Welcome!! I understand your nervousness of riding. I'm kinda the same. I should say that I was. I have a Honda Rebel, but I can't imagine riding anything much bigger at this point. Just take your time with it. Congrats on passsing the class! I heard that if you dropped a bike it was automatic failing. Urgg. I plan on taking the class this spring or summer.

2fru- Sounds like an awesome helmet. Do you have to wear helmets there or do you choose to? We aren't required to wear them here in Kansas.

Harley- Supper Solutions sounds like a really great idea. Is it a restaurant-type business? That's funny about your Dh. Mine gets that, too, though. Although my hubby is a big guy, but he's tattooed also. He totally looks like a biker/wrestler. LOL. Are you tattooed at all? I have 2 of them. A ring of flowers around my ankle and then a big tropical flower on the top of my foot, plus my husbands name on my foot. I love tattoos!

Well, not much going on here today. Dh and I are thinking about going to Kansas City over Thanksgiving weekend to see the Christmas lights on the Plaza. I really hope that it works out! I want to get out of town, just the 2 of us, for a nice weekend.

Oh, don't forget...those of you that watch...The Biggest Loser is tonight!!

Have a great one!
Closed Thread