Old 02-28-2005, 08:09 AM   #1  

Default Moms losing weight # 57 Monday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to a wonderful man and looking to lose about 100 pounds. Losing weight through by sticking with a low-calorie, low-fat diet and exercising
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:14 AM   #2  

Morning all. I'm feel a smidgen better than last night. I think I'm going to run to the store quickly...maybe not...before the snow. It is supposed to snow from 9am this morning till 9am tomorrow morning.....No gym again. And THat means probably not tomorrow either. THis stinks!!!!!!! On a good note, I will get some in at home. I'm gonna do my new resistance dvd or pilates Stability ball tape and some BCD's from the list. I hope everyone is having a good morning so far. BBL to check in.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:20 AM   #3  
Shake Your Booty!

Good Morning! I gotta go to the store again today too, snow supposed to hit here in a short while, they are calling for 6-10 inches...I'm so mad, I have been doing awesome, staying under 1200 calories a day, drinking 1 gallon of water PLUS 32 ounces seltzer...I'm under in carbs, fats, everything and I gained 2 pounds? I am NOT looking at the scale again until friday. I haven't exercised since Thursday, its hard with everyone home.

Melissa~Glad you are feeling better! Where do you live?

Jen~Saw the news about your hubby being home and the apartment, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Check in later have a great day everyone!
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:09 AM   #4  

Default Challenge talley's week 1....

Chrissy, I'm your neighboring state..NJ.....We are too get about 14 inches here.....YUCK! DOn't worry about the 2 lbs, probably just water. It'l be gone b4 you know it!

OK Challenges. Here are the points for last week.
Name-Challenge Pts-Add'l Pts--bad eating--Wgt-loss pts--Inchpts--Total Points
Chris.....25.00 13.00 -1.00 2.50 0.00 .......39.50

Deana...26.00 1.00 0.00 3.50 0.00 .......30.50

Jeniqua.23.00 0.00 0.00 6.00 0.00 .......29.00

Jill........18.00 3.00 -1.00 2.00 0.00 .......22.00

Kristin...18.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 ......18.00

Melissa..49.00 5.00 -2.00 -0.75 0.00 .......51.25

Michelle.40.00 15.00 0.00 2.40 0.00 .......57.40

Penny...38.00 3.00 -1.00 1.00 0.00 .......41.00

Roxy.....40.00 4.00 0.00 3.00 0.00 .......47.00

Tabitha.18.00 10.00 0.00 6.00 0.00 .......34.00

Sorry if this doesn't line up correctly, but you get the idea.

Last edited by melmcc99; 02-28-2005 at 09:26 AM. Reason: didn't line up right
Old 02-28-2005, 09:28 AM   #5  

Looks like everyone is doing great on the challenge

I'm down another pound today so only 1.5 more until I make my St. Patrick's Day goal. Yey I know this is all going to slow down soon, but hopefully I'll be completely in the habit of exercising and eating better before it does.

It's snowing a bunch here, but so far nothing is sticking. Of course, it's supposed to get much worse over the next couple of days. I guess I better head off to eat breakfast now. It's still hard for me to get in the habit of eating first thing in the morning.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:40 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Yeah Thanks Melissa for posting the results! Shows me how bad I have been doing! Gotta get my butt on the ball!

I was down to 169 this week but had a couple bad eating days and it went back up...So I know how to change that! LOL

Anyhow, Gonna fly with some exercise! Hi to Mel, MichelleJ Congrats!, & Chrissy (Girlie it will come off! I promise)

Jeniqua,
I am still thinking of you!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:13 AM   #7  
I will suceed!!!

Default Morning all....

Finally updated my weight tracker thingy down there at the bottom....I can't believe the progress that I have made in such a short time!

Okay, warning, going to get a little mushy here. Let me first say, that the support and encouragement that I have found here has been amazing, and I appreciate all of you ladies tremendously.

Second, I talked with my h last night when he got home from work, about a lot of things. We have decided to give it one more try. We are going to go back to church, and try to get into marriage counseling. We are also going to get honest with each other about things that bother us. I have to know, that if I walk out on him, that I have tried everything. So, there it is.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great day. I know this is going to sound strange, but I envy you guys with the snow. Of course, I probably wouldn't feel that way if I lived where you lived. Take care all, bbl.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:20 AM   #8  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning ladies!

Well this weekend Marty (10 mo) was sick all weekend long! Saturday night up three time, new bedding, new outfit and washup! Oh well! What are you going to do? The rest of them are all at school today. So maybe this will wind down somewhat. I have to congratulate all my fellow challengers, boy are you giving us a run for the money! Great job!!!

Mel-thanks for posting our standings! You certainly give us girls a great example and a carrot for keeping us motivated, have a great workout!

Chrissy- don't worry about those 2 lbs. they will come off! You are doing a great job!

Penny- you are doing a great job too! You are not very far away from goal, I hope this challenge lands you there!

Chelle- I also have trouble eating in the morning, I eat those meal replacement bars cause I don't think I could get in food and exercise in that early, UgH!

Well, all of you lovely moms, I hope you are having a great day on this last day of Feb, didn't it go by fast! Let's make this a March to remember! Go! Go!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:26 AM   #9  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Tabby! You posted right before I did. You ARE doing great! WTG! Keep up the good job, are you almost off the sodas yet? That is really great that you are going to work at your marriage. If both of you work at it it WILL get better, it takes alot of effort. All of which is totally worth if when there are children involved! They love you both! I'll keep you all in my prayers.
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:29 AM   #10  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning ladies!

Congrats to all the losers! Everyone is really kicking butt on the challenge.

No time to get personal.....again! Have to get dd ready for preschool. She was out sick all of the week before last and then last week they only had school one day so today is a real joy . Hopefully it's back to normal now!

Have a great OP day all!!!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:53 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies...

Got all my exercise done... Man that feels much better!

It is funny doing something that feels so right is hard to keep doing!

Deana,
Hope dd is feeling much better now! Congrats on losing this week!

Chris,
Congrats on your loss and your new skinny clothes you are fitting into! Awesome!

Roxy,
Sorry the kiddos are staying sick Hopefully everyone is better today! Congrats on kicking butt on the challenge! You are doing awesome hunny!
PS. I am no where close to goal but soon I hope! LOL

Tabitha,
I am glad to hear you and dh is trying to work things out! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Congrats also to Jill, Michelle!, Jeniqua, and Tabitha!

You ladies are all doing awesome!

Melissa,
Girlie! Blow that gain off... It is only 3/4 pound. You have been doing so awesome for sooo long, don't let less than a pound get you down. You will be down that and more next week! I have faith in you! You are our inspiration!!!

Anyhow, I gotta go fix lunch! I am babysitting today! BBL
Old 02-28-2005, 02:40 PM   #12  

Hey everyone! Feeling much better right now. Just wanted to update everyone so you weren't worried.

Penny, great job with the exercise today!

Michellej, I know what you mean...more snow........It's really coming down here, but very finely.

Deana........HELLO................

Tabitha, I'm so glad that you and h are gonna try to work things out. you are right, you can't give up on it without giving it all you've got! Maybe when you go away overnight like you were talking about you can rekindle some flames....the good ones that is. I"ll pray for you!

Ok, well, I did lots of exercise this morning. I did all three BCD's today 100 jumprope, 100 jumpjacks, 25 pelvic raises. 45 squats, 20 resistance, 50 lunges. 200 crunches, 100 leg raises, 50 pushups. total points are.......22 for today!
Old 02-28-2005, 03:04 PM   #13  

Penny, great job on the workout. 21 points. you are awesome!!!!!

Challengers.....
Please dont' forget you MAY do ALL 3 BCD's from now on!

Please be sure to check the boards each day and look for Important notices. THere may be information there that will be ...well.......important.

Please also be sure to read through the threads regularly, there may be surprises.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:23 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Mel,
Congrats to you too for all the exercise! You are doing awesome

I'll check in later on tonight... Gotta get some work done Yuck!
Old 02-28-2005, 05:46 PM   #15  

Mel- you are making me feel bad for being such a bum today

For whatever reason, my stomach has decided to act up today. Every time I've started to exercise, I've had to rush to the bathroom. After the 4th time, I decided to stop punishing myself. I'm so afraid to give myself an excuse to slack off this early on, but I know I need to listen to my body on this or I'll end up being sick longer.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote