Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 12:47 PM   #16  
Janice

Ramona - you are my inspiration right now. Reading your post you could have been talking about me. I don't post when I haven't been looking after myself either - I like you don't feel worthy of the others on the board. I have taken a look at myself and said I can do this. When a week goes by that I haven't posted, you can be sure that I have read everyone else's posts every day. I have had a lot going on in my work life, that has me stressed to the max. I have just taken by former employer of 14 years before the Labour Board this past Wednesday, my nerves were shot. They brought their lawyer to do all the talking. I only had my husband with me for support. I am a stress eater need I say more. I ate a whole box of cookies in bed the other night.
I am feeling better now and determined to turn things around for the sake of my health and well being.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:33 PM   #17  

Janice-Sounds like you have had a rough time. Sending happy vibes your way.

Cheryl-Our whole city is going Vonzelle crazy, since she is a hometown girl. They have been having Vonzelle parties, write ups in the paper and talking about it on the radio. They are selling Vonzelle t-shirts to support her trip to Hollywood, if she makes it.

I'm not sure what to think of happened today at the breast center. The radiologist is suggesting to the dr. that I have it drained. If it doesn't have any fluid to drain, they will take tissue and biopsy it. The reason they think it might not have fluid is because on the xray it was dark, but the girl said that it could be dark because of blood. Anyway, it's only the size of a pea, so I don't think it will be a big deal. So now I'll have to make another trip there, once the dr. tells me what to do. Ugh!!
Old 03-04-2005, 10:58 PM   #18  

Hello

Shelley...You're in my prayers. I'm sure everything will be ok...keep faith. Hnag in there...Love you girl!!!

Ramona,
Your letter was so sweet. Brought tears to my eyes. I know exactly how you feel. I was so out of control and let my weight get up to 209! Never again! I hope that I'll be able to bring you the motivation & support you need. Remember to take one day at a time. If you fall...get up and try again.We're all here for you. Love ya!

Carol...Are you feeling better? I sure miss you.

Gayle....Where are you??? Feeling ok? Miss your posts!

Janice...We can & will get this weight off together!! Hang in there! Tomorrow is a new day! Sorry to hear you've been through so much.

Dee...Are you home? I miss my BUD!

Debbie....How are the toes? I miss your posts too.

Cheryl....I like Bo & Anwar too! The guys are soooo much better then the girls this year!

Vicki & Tina...I would love to see a post from you!!! Miss you so much!

Hello to everyone I didn't mention. I'm so tired. I'm falling alseep. We all have been sick with the UGLY VIRUS around here!

I got a Jury Summons today My jury time is May 2nd....We are so busy at school the month of May!

Good night...Love to all.........
Old 03-04-2005, 11:57 PM   #19  
Finnigan Begin Again

Hello Floozies,

I've decided to join your merry band of internet losers Please help me as I embark on my journey to lose 35kg (77lbs)!

My bio has been posted on the BIO thread, if you're wondering who the **** I am.

Thanks for reading!
Old 03-05-2005, 12:05 AM   #20  

Welcome Krystal (darkfair)

So happy to have you! We are all a very friendly, happy bunch of ladies. I hope you'll make yourself at home and get to know each of us.

I would love to visit Australia!!! Lucky you! I bet you have that awesome accent!!

Again welcome!
Old 03-05-2005, 05:32 AM   #21  

Hi Krystal! I'm going to check out your bio. I would love to visit Australia. My SIL and BIL both went there on their honeymoon. They would love to live there. Welcome to our group of vivacious, crazy, and wonderful ladies!
Old 03-05-2005, 05:38 AM   #22  

Krystal- Just read your bio. You're just a baby! You will love it here at the Floozies. I have lost my weight through WW online, which is basically WW at home, except that I do everything online. I originally lost 20 lbs. on WW online and reached goal in 2002. Then quit journaling and somehow gained back 7-10 lbs. I rejoined online this past November, and lost back all the weight that I had gained. I have been doing Core for a couple of months, but still journaling and counting points. You will love WW, and good luck on your journey. We are all here to help in any way we can. If you have any questions, just let us know and we can help. Keep posting everyday!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:26 AM   #23  

Shelley, I know everything will be fine. It's just so hard having to wait and letting your mind wander. Keep the faith and I'll hold you in my heart and thoughts.

Sherry, thanks for your post. I didn't have the courage to post my weight but let me just say.......it's exactly the same as your high was!!!!! I've done really well for the last 4 days and I can already tell that I'm losing a lot of water weight just by cutting out all the sugar I was eating. Sugar is absolutely my nemesis!

Krystal, welcome to our board!! I'll have to pop up and read your bio. I hope that you will find the encouragement you are looking for here. Just join right in!!!

Gayle, I'm really wondering about the hormone thing now with some major changes I'm going through. I wanted to ask though...I've been running a low grade fever, anywhere from 100 to 100.6 for almost two weeks now. I don't feel ill. I was just wondering if you have run across anything like this in your research. Thanks for any help you or anyone else can give me.

Hey to all the other floozies.......hope to hear from you all this weekend!
Old 03-05-2005, 11:01 AM   #24  

Ramona,
I know the question was for Gayle but I wanted to jump in and give you an answer on what I think. Anytime you run a temp. of 100 or more it's a temp.That means there is infection somewhere. Go to the Dr. and be checked out. Two weeks is too long to run a temp. like that. Normal is 96-99.
Congrats on making good choices for 4 days!! You can do it!!
Old 03-05-2005, 11:22 AM   #25  

Thanks Sherry! I'll call my doctor on Monday.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:54 AM   #26  
Janice

Ramona- Glad to hear you have had four good days.
Krystal - Welcome to the board, you will get a lot of helpful information here.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:46 PM   #27  

Janice, thanks for the encouragement. It sounds like you fit in perfectly here with the rest of us.......LOTS OF STRESS!!! hahaha. The last year and a half has been incredibly stressful for basically everyone here. We've all gotten through it together, with lots of love and concern. I hope your work situation was resolved to your benefit!
Old 03-05-2005, 06:25 PM   #28  

Ramona-I agree with Sherry. Sounds like you have some sort of infection somewhere. Running a low grade fever for so long is not right. Let us know what the dr. says.

Becky and I had a great time judging Odyssey of the Mind today. I'm so proud of her. She is so vocal and says just what she thinks about everything. Totally unlike her mother!
Old 03-05-2005, 08:25 PM   #29  
Finnigan Begin Again

Thankyou for the warm welcome ladies.

Sherry, I sure do have the accent! The Sydney accent is not as broad as say, the Perth or Darwin accent, but it's all Aussie

Shelley, thanks for the compliment! I'm honestly feeling older than my 22 years, I guess it's all down to this extra booty I'm lugging around!

Ramona, hi! You sound like you should definitely get along to a GP, a two week fever isn't exactly normal (unless you take Fatblaster or a similar supplement, I took it for two weeks and I was burning up the whole time)

Janice, hello and nice to meet you.

As for WW, Im actually enjoying tracking my points (I wonder how long that will last?!) I'm yet to get the hang of the sugar points thing, but I know cutting back on sugar is one of my top priorities. I'm digging into a healthy lunch right now, ham and cheese with alfalfa and WW honey mustard dressing on honey oatbran bread - and a diet coke ( I need the caffeine, I'm stuck in the office by myself on a Sunday and I'm going to sleep!)
Old 03-06-2005, 07:08 AM   #30  

Krystal-I have heard that the WW in your part of the world is different than here. I'm not sure what you mean about the sugar points. WW here measures fiber, calories and fat, in that order. Sugar is measured no different. Can you tell me how the WW there measures food? I'd be interested to know. I have also heard that the Core plan is called no counting over there. Since I have been on Core, I have basically stopped sugar. That's my downfall also. It kills me, but today I am running over 10 miles, and whenever I do that, I have to take some kind of sugar with me to keep me going. That's the only time that I have been having it. I'm not sure what I'll bring today. Probably a piece of hard candy or a couple of licorace drops.
Closed Thread