Old 02-27-2005, 08:12 AM   #1  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Battle of the Bulge #13

Good morning everyone!!
Here is the new thread...
As always-
Monday- support day and a good day for tips on staying motivated

Tuesday- support day and a good day for reasons why we want to lose- I think that keeps us motivated more than anything when we reexamine why we want to lose..

Wednesday- "what have I been eating all week day" and I want to start trying to get everyone to share quick recipes or tips on cooking that work for them.

Thursday- "what I have done to move my bootie day" and I want to get everyone to start giving us an idea on how they work exercise into their lives and the things they enjoy doing.

Friday- support and influence day- lets make this a day we talk about anything or anyone that influenced our weight loss for the week- things like friends giving bad foods or a partner that supported our efforts.

Saturday- recap day- lets talk about the things we thought worked for us for the week and those that didn't- this might help us see where we strayed and where we stood firm.

Sunday- weigh in day and reaffirm goal day- give us an idea of your goals for the week, month, and long term.

Have a great day everyone!
Crime girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 01:33 PM   #2  
stormy1

Where is everyone? Busy, I guess.

Well my goals are to lose about 20 pounds by May 12 (vacation!!!). I plan on eating healthy this week and exercising each day.

I am driving up to school this weekend. 7.5 hours! So if I can make it from Thurs-Sun without eating too much that will be an accomplishment.

Well I must go now. Time for school work!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
stormy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #3  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Good morning! Thanks for the new thread Crime Girl. So glad to have you back. Stormy, hi there. Glad you're still with us. Don't know where everyone is. It's lonely around here these days. Guess the novelty wears off for people. But that's just it, isn't it? This is a constant thing, and so frustrating when you don't see progress, as I don't. I weighed in yesterday the highest I've been this year and I've been off sugar since Feb. 9. Now, that's GOT to be good for a ton of calories and yet not only do I not lose weight, I gain. No, it's not fair. The deprivation, for what? I mean, how will I ever, ever lose say, 40 lbs? I don't know, it just makes me want to cry, as do so many things in my cruddy life right now. Sorry, but I can't get inspired when things are so bad. Yeah, sure, they could be worse, but . . . oh well, I guess one thing I shouldn't do is keep trying, at least not whatever it is I'Ve been doing. Will have to rethink things. Good luck this week Stormy! Others, get your butts in here and talk to us!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:40 PM   #4  
Trying or Dying

Hi everyone!
Day One of my struggle-
I am doing pretty good today- not great but better so I am looking at that as a victory. My weight is up to 292 so I am petrified of pushing into 300 so that will be my motivation to get off my butt.

Stormy- School this weekend huh? No prob for you- you were great last time you went. You will do just as well this time I am sure. Are you ready for class? Got everything done? I am trying hard to get my work done for Tuesday but I am still fixated on my grade which I will get Tuesday night. I am so nervous but I am trying to talk myself down because there is nothing at all I can do at this point to make my grade better. Just have to wait, pray, and have faith that it will all work out.
You asked me awhile back if I have a countdown of days and I don't. I am scared if I count them I will see just how many days I have to write a huge paper for the end of the semester. It counts as 75% of my grade so naturally it worries me. Anyway- C'est la vie!

Red- I am here and thanks for the warm welcome. Don't be discouraged. Rome was not built in a day. Your weight loss will catch up with your effort if you keep at it. It will be OK. I think the fact you gave up sweets is admirable and you should keep it up because frankly sugar does nothing good for you. If you aren't seeing it in weight loss I bet you are feeling it in everyday life. You have got to be feeling better.
Despite all that-don't be so hard on yourself. You have had a rough couple of weeks and the conditions at work -I know- are not making things easy for you. In case you can't tell yourself this - I will tell you - I am proud of you! You are keeping it together when others wouldn't be able to. You are such a strong person that I know there is nothing that you can not handle.

Red's horoscope-Your life is slowly turning in a new direction. Stay out of the way of your own progress and prepare for sunnier skies ahead. You will encounter a kindered spirit in the days to come.

Okay everyone- I don't know where everyone is today but I miss you guys and hope you hop on soon to chat.
Need to go finish my reading for today! Back later- so considered yourself warned.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:00 PM   #5  
Never give up

Smile Welcome back!

Ah, Crime Girl, thanks so much for the words of encouragement AND the horoscope. I really like it. "Stay out of the way of my own progress" Great stuff. Well, they all say I'm strong. I am. Sometimes too strong for my own good I think but then again, if I would just USE that strength instead of cursing it. . .

Look at you, discouraged yourself, yet coming in here to encourage us. I know the weight gain must be making you feel down but don't. It's nothing much. You can get that off in no time. Yes, don't count down. It may scare you. Just take each day one at a time with the weight loss plans. You can do this. If you can I will keep trying too! And I have been really frustrated to tears, along with all the other tears. How can I possibly be retaining any water when I seem to lose so much water?!

You're right about the sugar. I DO feel better without it, at least physically AND I have these little moments of get this -- HAPPY feelings!! Yes, I remember those from before when I was off sugar. It must be something to do with some seratonin or something but whatever it is, I LIKE it! And I'm a lot calmer. I think everyone will like me better too, especially the guys. They just don't understand edginess, which I can be good out. Calm with little bites. Well, I still get my jokes out there but they are somehow gentler. I think it's the absence of sugar barbs!

OK, got work to do here before I go to the office. Crime Girl, I really missed you! So glad you're back. Come on, you/we can do this!

Last edited by redballoon; 02-27-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:04 PM   #6  
Trying or Dying

Default Me again..

Red-
Hey!
Glad you responded! Where is everyone anyway? Have they given up on us?

How are things with you? You can never be too strong by the way. It is just being able to recognize it and use it to your advantage that is the key. You can do it! I know you can because what you have already given up is remarkable. I couldn't imagine giving up sugar although I probably should since I am diabetic. It is so easy to forget that sometimes and ignore it and hope it goes away. I know it won't but sometimes I like to pretend it will. I will learn my lesson some day.
I am currently working on research and listening to the Oscars in the background. The funny part is I think I have seen maybe one movie that is nominated. Everyone is talking about Million Dollar Baby and Sideways and I don't think I even know what those movies are about.

Okay I better get back to it! Talk to ya later!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:31 AM   #7  
stormy1

Well Red and CG you two are the only ones around.

I hope everyone is okay and not feeling too disccouraged. We are all so busy but we need to continue to support each other. I know in my case I tend to let healthy eating slip when I am so busy. So I hope this week everyone has a chance to regroup.

Red, keep fighting the fight. It will come. You have to be inspired, there is nothing worse than being unmotivated! This sugar thing must be hard for you. I can not imagine! Your hard work will pay off eventually. How are you doing? How are your cats doing adjusting to life without Tetchan?

CG-school is about to drive me nuts. I am sure that you did fine on your paper. It will all be over before you know it! Good luck with everything this week!
Old 02-28-2005, 06:43 AM   #8  
Never give up

Hi guys. Is it just Crime Girl and Stormy? Well, that's OK, if it is. Three's a party! Back from work. In bed soon. Whoops, cat just turned off the heater. . .

By the way, today was my 20th day without sugar, nuts, and my two other favorite nonsugar food pacifiers. Hurrah for me!

Yes, stormy, it has been tough but not that bad really. It's the hardest when I'm feeling hurt or anxious, irritated or angry. The latter too don't happen that often, the first two more. When I'm sad I tend not to want to eat at all and so, since I've been pretty sad the past week, the challenge was made easier perhaps.

Thanks for asking about Tetchan. I miss him so much. Though I couldn't hold him and cuddle him because he was always blowing snot around I really loved him. He was so quiet and good, so cute and affectionate too. I had saved his life once and I always felt he was trying to be so good for me. It made me sad to think that he must have thought I didn't want to hold him. That's why I tried to hold him when I was getting ready to shower because he really did smell bad. I think he still had brain damage from the car accident and didn't groom well. One of the other cats, Nozomi, would often wash him. I don't know if she misses him. I think she may. It's her second playmate who has died. The other two cats are older and don't want to play. She does seem to be looking to see if he'll come in the cat door. A neighbor lady had given me a little house for them just last week and Nozomi and Tetchan would sleep in there together. That's where he was the morning I left and that night found him dead. Just tonight, I paid the rent and the landlady asked about the cats. I told her about the one dying and she was sweet. Said I had always given them so much affection. I guess she could hear me talking to them outside when I came home. Tetchan would always wait for me outside or immediately come to the door along with Nozomi to welcome me. The landlady said she would pray for him, which was so sweet of her. I'm not even supposed to have cats! Well, now I'm crying but good again. . . Oh well, used to that.

Yes, I'll try to keep fighting. Today my face looked much thinner and though the scale hasn't moved much my face does seem thinner so maybe I'm losing weight somewhere. The pants check was better than the beginning, but worse than the best. Giving up sugar and nuts is big. It has to be. I think if I just keep tweaking I should see some results.

You mention school, stormy, do you have to study all during the week as well? While you're working? and then drive up for classes every weekend? What is it that is driving you nuts? Sorry, if you've already said but I forget these things.

Good luck on the eating healthy. How about exercise? Getting any? Well, good luck!

Crime Girl, yes, I never heard of any of the movies 'cept Aviator but that's usual because they aren't even here yet. I think Aviator just came though. Besides, I never go to the theater, always just watch things on video. I was looking at all the pictures coming in over the wire at work today, however. The dresses were so pretty. We were critiquing everyone. It was great fun. I figure this is the price they pay for being rich and famous. We common folk get to tear them apart! Million Dollar Baby is a boxing drama apparently, by the way, though you probably know that by now. Hilary Swank plays a boxer. I'd never heard of her but then I read she was in Boys Don't Cry, a sad film. She played the girl who was a transgender or transvestite, I'm not sure which. But that was 6 years ago. I thought Cate Blanchett looked great in her classic pale yellow gown. I like her. She's a real actress, with talent.

Well, CG, thanks for the encouragement as usual. I forgot you were diabetic too. Wow. That's tough. Do you have to get insulin shots? What is involved in taking care of yourself as far as the diabetes is concerned if I may ask?

Well, I have to go now. I wish you productive studying, good choices on your eating, some exercise to reward the body after the mind's been on overdrive!

Look forward to hearing from you all again! Ciao tutti!

Last edited by redballoon; 02-28-2005 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:38 AM   #9  
Trying or Dying

Default Good morning!

Hi guys!
I am with you- if it is just us that is fine but I do wonder where all the others are. I miss talking to everyone.

I just got up this morning and I am going to attempt to do no harm today. That is my goal. Just do no harm and try to exercise today. I think that would be a great start. I have to study for most of today and get ready for class tomorrow. I had the worst dreams last night- more dreams about failing that test that I need to pass to keep things in line for graduation. I think I am going to feel stress until I get it back and know I am okay for now. (that is if I am okay). I feel pretty good about the test but who knows how I did- we get compared against our peers so it also depends on how everyone else did. We will see.

Stormy- I am sorry school is driving you nuts. I can understand and I feel for you. Hang in there! Just keep trying to remind yourself why you are doing this- in the end it will be such a benefit for you. All this hard work will be worth it in the end. Are you working on a big project or paper?
As for food this weekend- you will do great I know. You did such a great job last time you went out of town and I know you will this time too.

Red- Your landlord is so sweet- I think it is so kind that she was so nice even though you are not suppose to have cats. She must see what what we see- that you are so kind and loving to your pets. It was so sad though what you said about poor Nozomi- I hate to think she might be looking for Tetchan. Poor kitty! Is she adjusting okay and clinging more to other cats or going it alone?
As for your battle- I am betting that the weight will reflect your struggle in the end. It may not be showing in your weight right now but over time it will catch up. We need to get you out of the bars now- all those empty calories. Are you still going out with the guys? That can really mess up your metabolism and make you gain weight.
As for me- I am not on insulin or meds yet- I say yet because if I continue to gain weight I will end up first on meds then on insulin. I am so scared that will happen. I need to write that on big letters and put it on my mirror so I have to look at what can happen if I dont get it together.
By the way-I am watching the morning shows on the Oscars. Million Dollar Baby just opened here not too long ago but I havent had a chance to see it yet. Sideways is only playing at the crappy theater so I will wait for it to come out on video. Ray I skipped because it just didnt look interesting. I did see Hitch this past weekend (although it didnt get nominated for anything). It was really funny! You should see it if it comes there. I like Will Smith though.

Red's horoscope- Today will be a special day for you. Stand back because change is on it's way. The path you seek is right in front of you so begin your journey.

Okay- I need to go. I need to make some phone calls and hit the library.
I hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:20 AM   #10  
stormy1

Red, I am sorry that I made you cry again. I am so sad for you. You are so sweet and caring. I am so happy that you have gone 20 days without it. They say that after six weeks or so you should start seeing results. Don't you hate it when you lose weight in your face and no where else? I always lose weight there first. Your face can only get so thin so it will start coming off in other places soon. Yes, I do have to study all week. Basically, I work full time and I am taking 11 hours at schools. So when I get home I then study until 1 or 2 AM. I know that it is crazy, but it is just like me to do something this crazy. I have the type of personality that works best under pressure.

CG-we are so glad that you are checking in more often. I know how it is to dream about school. It is like to can't get away from it. Often I dream about it and I am hoping that my dreams do not confuse me. I remember when I took cadavor anatomy. I would dream about each muscle, nerve, etc and I was so worried that I was learning the material wrong in my sleep. I finished all of my research that is due this weekend. Tonight I have to start studying. Our semester is everyother weekend (6 weekends in total) over 12 weeks. So this weekend is weekend 5. This is when it gets hard for me b/c I just do not have enough time to get everything done. However, I will pull through. I'll be thinking and praying for you for your results Tues night.

NBK, are you feeling any better? I am worried about you. GH, where are you? Sub Prin, how are you? Shan, are you okay? Everyone...come back and play!

Well I hope everyone has an excellent day. Inspire Greatness today!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #11  
shannon

Default It's Me

Hi, all! How is everyone?

I am sorry I can't post over the weekend. I don't have access at my house, so I have to wait until Monday to see what everyone has been up to.

As for me, I decided to relax over the weekend and not stress over dieting. I think I needed the break away from the worry and stressing. It seems to have worked out great! Saturday, I went to a birthday party. I didn't do good with the eating, but I wasn't trying to either. I did end up running around with a bunch of little kids and climbing all over the jungle-gym thing at the park we were at, though! On Sunday, I ate really, really good. I am now back at it 100% and ready to move forward and drop some more weight!!!

I am feeling a lot better than I was last week. I think I got overwhelmed with everything in general and just transferred that stress to weightloss. I mean, it is the easiest thing to blame and then give up on. But, I am now back and ready to move forward. I did jump on the scale this morning and, surprise-surprise, gained my two pounds back. I am once again at 260. So, my new goal is to lose two pounds per week for a total 4 pound loss for my bloodwork on Tues, the 14th. Then, I want to drop 2 more the week before my doctor's appointment. I think if I take it one week at a time and one day at a time, I will be able to meet those goals.

Red - Thanks again for your words of encouragement. I read what you said about sabatoging myself with food subconciously. I think you are right. As weird as it seems, food is really my enemy. I have to wage constant war against it. If I drop my vigilence for even a second it gets a foothold and I start fighting a retreat!

Glad you are doing so well with your not eating sugar. How are you doing that. Not eating anything with sugar? It seems like it would be extremely hard, since everything has sugar in it...

Don't stress the weight gain. Don't forget, you have been hitting the gym pretty hard. Plus, sometimes weight shifts around, which could also account for the gain..it just moved to a different place.

Crime Girl - Glad you are back. You seem to have gone through a soul search like I did. Best thing to do is go over what you have been doing and set up a strategy for what you will do next. I think we are a lot a like in that we both stress and obsess. I tend to obsess and worry about the smalles things! No matter how silly, I can turn it into a giant issue!!

Sorry to hear about your gain. My highest weight was 295. I had gone for my yearly physical and it was the first time I had been to the doctor in a year. When I stepped on that scale and the nurse kept moving the weight, I almost threw up right there. I am really tall...six feet even...so my weight was distributed in a way that made me look just overweight. Come to find out, I was obese!!! Boy, did that wake me up!!! I know how you feel!!!

Stormy - Thanks for the tip on the eating 250 extra calories. It definately puts things in a completely different perspective!!!

How was school. When I was in college, I drove 50 miles one way (for an hour) and I remeber thinking how horrible that was! I cannot even imagine driving for 7.5 hours!! Are you keeping up with your gas and mileage? I am thinking you could write that off on your taxes (if you itemize). I know I wrote mine off when I was going...counts as an education expense. Not sure about when you fly, but am thinking it should.

Anyway, will check back in later!

Tootles
shanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:25 PM   #12  
Never give up

Good morning everyone. Glad to see some more faces here. I am definitely coming down with something. I keep saying that I know but I always feel that way in the morning and it's settling in my chest. I usually feel better when I'm out of the room but I have not had my usual energy so I guess I'm just keeping things at bay. Friends have been hit with the flu right and left. I hope I don't get it. It gives you a high fever and knocks you out for about four days. But I am coughing a bit and congested. Oh well, nothing bad yet. Being off sugar really, really helps I know.

Shanberg -- good to hear from you again. I did remember you are away from the computer on weekends so figured that was why we hadn't heard from you. Wish you would get a computer for home soon! How can you stand to not have one? That said, if it weren't for a friend having given me this one I would have been hard put to get one, being as financially strapped as I am. Your weekend sounded nice. Don't sweat the birthday party. They are special and playing with the kids sounds like great fun and you surely got some good exercise in there. Glad to hear you're feeling better and, more importantly, are ready to come back and fight again. I would stay away from the scale, well, if it bothers you, but maybe it doesn't. You know 2 lbs means nothing. I was just reading about a sumo wrestler here yesterday and he weighs 162 kgs (356 lbs) and he said he weighs 166 kgs (365 lbs) after eating! So that's 9 lbs of food he's putting away! He doesn't really look fat either. He's very tall and carries the weight really well. Must be very strong. He's from Estonia, not Japanese. Anyhow, not to compare you to a sumo wrestler or anything, I was just saying, 2 lbs is nothing and could well be due to food or water or anything. Don't let the numbers bother you. Also, you've been moving around and remember muscle takes up far less room than fat so if you are adding muscle or even just toning up you could gain weight and still be more streamlined. Anyhow, glad if something I said helped. I guess it's not so much that food is the enemy, it's that we turn it into the enemy by allowing it into our lives (and mouths!!) in ways that are harmful. So, yes, I guess, in that way you could say it was our enemy. Sorry for the analysis here. This is my habit! You are right! You must be vigilant. As for my not eating sugar, it's not so tough now but that is ONLY because I am used to it. I have done this many times before now, was even off for a year! So, I don't want anyone to think that it's not hard and if they can't do it they must be losers or something. I'm just a veteran at it! In the beginning it took, as you say, constant vigilance and I was craving sugar. But I forced myself to see out really sweet fruit and I used to chew a lot of sugarless gum, but I realized the sweeteners were just prolonging my wanting the sweetness and a lot of that was mental. At first, I tried to stay away from processed foods in general. The sugarfree came later. I try to only eat natural foods, things I make myself, vegetables and fruits and rice, stonecut oatmeal, soy milk, tofu, that kind of thing. I am the food industry's nightmare!! But being here helps me TREMENDOUSLY! If I were in the States it would be hard because the supermarkets are so huge and so full of tempting things. The only way I could probably do it would be to live in New York or so with all the little shops or in L.A. where you have those wonderful organic shops. I loved them! How are the stores around you, shan?

stormy -- don't feel sorry for making me cry. You didn't make me cry. I did it myself and really I am happy to cry. How does that sound?! No, really, it is good to cry. It is a release and a touchstone to my feelings and of course I'm sad. All day long I'm out and about and I can't cry so I can't even allow myself to think of sad things. But I want to think of them, want to pay them tribute so to speak, want to think of Tetchan. So, you did me a favor by giving me a chance to feel and express some of that sadness, stormy. I dread the day when I can't cry. I dread that I should ever become so hardened, so given up, so apathetic that something wouldn't move me. Storm, you are amazing studying like that after work. You are driven! I wish you strength to get through this hard time in your studies. Great that you finished your research! You will pull through. Just plug away. Put the pressure on yourself and you will do it. Best of luck to you as well!

Crime girl -- Yeah! Good to have you posting! Thank you again for the horoscope. I love this idea of change happening. I hope it's good change, but then I suppose most change is good, or at least allows good things to come in. It's freezing cold out there again so I have to really put on my warmest things to go riding. I would chicken out, my teacher has been so tough lately and really down on me. It makes my riding time such a test, so much so that I am starting to get nervous before riding. She doesn't allow me to take it easy at all. She is such a perfectionist herself and always looking for so much out of herself and the horse, more out of herself I suppose than the horse. And this is tough for me. Just getting to the stable is a major thing for me. It takes a lot of discipline. It's not easy. But there is so much waiting for me to do once I get on the horse. That, right now, is the hardest part I think. But it is stupid if I don't give it my all then because that is the WHOLE reason for all the other hardship! Anyhow, whoops, talking about me again. CG, I LIKE your goal for the day, NO HARM! Yes, this is so important. And this is a big thing. It's not a baby step. It involves all the things you need to do to lose weight, just in lesser intensity, but lesser intensity doesn't mean less. In fact, I think it's harder to do because it's subtler and you can easily think you're not doing anything and then just go hog wild. Sorry to hear about your dreams. The test is over, right!? Just forget it. There is nothing you can do now. What's done is done. Move on to the next step. You probably did fine. Nozomi is a strange little cat. She too I rescued. She was about to die from starvation. In the beginning she would never leave my side. She would follow me down the street when I left and I had to keep carrying her back and putting her in my room. Of course, the door is open so she would just pop out again and follow me but I would speak sternly to her and put her back inside and she seemed to need that. She learned to stay. In fact, it seems that's what she wanted, to be told she had to STAY with me, that she belonged with me and I wasn't going to abandon her, which I think is what happened to her in the first place. She was in a little park when I found her. She does not want to be held but she will sit next to me wherever I am unless she goes off to sleep somewhere. Right now she is sleeping with Shachi after I pulled him out of the futon because I had to put it away. He won't move from under the covers until I move him. I put him up with her where she was sleeping and she starts biting his head but I scolded her and she stopped and now they're sleeping curled up together so cute. Nozomi doesn't seem to really like Shachi the way she did Tetchan but she will be nice to him. So, I think she'll be OK. I tell them Tetchan died and that I miss him, give them hugs and I think they realize there is nothing to be scared of, it just is the way it is. Anyhow, sorry for the cat tales. You are right about keeping me out of the bars. Last Friday all the guys went out after work and I would have gone but had no money and really didn't want to because I knew inside I was feeling very sad and that would have surfaced eventually after drinking. I almost went but in the end didn't. The next day I was able to get to work OK and one of the guys was in terrible shape because it had turned into another all-nighter apparently. If I had been there I wouldn't have stopped either. There are four of us who will just go and go and go and though it's great fun, it's too costly, not only in terms of money, but calories, work, everything. But I want to do it sometimes because the socializing is fun. Unfortunately, these guys all have steady and apparently serious girlfriends so I'm afraid my spending too much time with them is not productive. I mean, it's kind of weird, to be out with married and perhaps soon-to-be-married guys and here I am single. Maybe again though I'm not really looking, which I'm not. Anyhow. . . do you think the drinking messes with the metabolism? I hadn't really thought of that. Well, I have to run now. You really should try to take care of yourself more CG, with your diabetes. It is not something you want to get worse and you CAN help it so much by diet that it would be as if it were no longer there BUT if you don't it will get worse. Use it to care for yourself more, a good reason, not just appearance. I would try to do it NOT out of fear, but out of caring for yourself.

OK, all, bye for now!
Old 02-28-2005, 04:38 PM   #13  
shannon

Hi, Red!!!

Glad to hear from ya!!!

I actually have a computer at home, just not internet. I can't afford it. I know that sounds stupid, but I have a very tight budget where every single penny I make is accounted for. Plus, when I bought my house, I was banking on a yearly raise. But,sales were down and I didn't get one. It really hurt. I had to use my credit card for some things and now have a balance I am working on paying off. Until then, no extras!!!

The food stores around here are terrible. The ones with the best seclection are the ones that cost the most!! Sometimes, I try to shop around, but in the end I spend more on gas than I save on prices! So, going sugar free would be very hard and expensive for me!

I think I am going to try to get up in the mornings and walk on my treadmill. I just read on another thread that walking first thing in the morning is 300% more effective than at any other time of the day! Since you have no food in your body, it actually burns the fat you already have instead of the fat you have consumed and processed!!! If only I can drag my butt outta bed! I am so not a morning person!!! I like the warm,fuzzy feeling of the bed first thing in the morning!! Guess I will see what happens!!!

Hate it that you are feeling bad! I hope it isn' the flu! Around here, there are all sorts of symptoms going around. I have been taking my vitamins and drinking oj in an attempt to ward it off. I think I might have failed, though, because this afternoon I have had a slight feeling of soreness in my throat! We may end up being ill together!!! Try to get some rest if you can. Drink lots of liquids and stay hydrated...

Well...gotta head out now. Need to run by and pay my power bill...Talk to everyone tomorrow!!

Tootles!!
shanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:54 AM   #14  

HEy everybody.

Back from belgium. I got very sick while I was there but only on the last day. I am pleased to report that my weight remained the SAME, despite the chocolate and waffles.

I ams SO lucky. amazing.

But I know I can't rely on that. I need to get back to eating right. I should eat my whole grains and veggies.

BUT OH MY GOD~! I am so jetlagged. I have forgotten how to sleep apparently. I've never had this problem before. I slept about two ours on ssaturday night. twelve hours on sunday night, and now I have only slept for two hours today.

Doesn't really make me feel like I am on a routine.

The worst thing about insomnia is that you cant really do much in the middle of the night. I want to be sleeping, so I don't really get up and do other stuff, like exercise or write or clean house. But during the day I'm so wiped out, I don't do it either.

UGh. Maybe I should take a stiff drink to make me tired.

ANYWAY, Crime Girl, Red, Shanberg!
Weldome to the week and may we have perseverance and success in our endeavors.

Red, I'm very sorry about your cat. It's very hard to lose someone you love.
doinmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:02 AM   #15  

Hey I have a question..Talking about diabetes and not eating sugar.

i have been having a terrible problem with night sweatds. Seriously, some night, my sheets are soaking wet. I can't figure out why. OTherwise,I feel pretty much fine...Except for the carpal tunnel.

I read up about it...Mom says that menopause causes night sweats...I'm a bit young for that, but hrmonal imbalance is a possibility.

Another possibility is diabetes. I don't thin i have diabetes, but I am very sensitive to my blood sugar...If i don't eat at regular times, I fade fade fade...No energy at all, it's like I want to fall asleep if I miss lunch.

Anyway, I was thinkin maybe if I stopped eating sugar it might affect the night sweats. My sweet boyfriend is worried about me...

Anyways, guys...I just wondered if you knew anything about this...I would prefer to be able to eat sugar...
doinmybest is offline   Reply With Quote