Old 03-19-2005, 08:32 AM   #46  

Yep, the evil chocolate provider is a skinny little whisp of a thing! And of course, she says "oh, just one won't hurt" - skinny people don't get it!
I get that at home, too. My husband is 6 foot and (no exaggerating) 140lbs. He and other members of his family eat an unbelievable amount of food, and often act surprised that I can't do the same (I now have a reputation as a very "picky" eater!). I'd be jealous, except that it always takes him twice as long to get over being sick as it takes me - and I'm sure his lack of reserves has something to do with it.

Very well done with just eating the banana bread, I admire your self control.
Charlotte2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:16 PM   #47  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

Hello ladies, how are you all?? My weekend went fairly well. I managed to stay on track for the most part, didnt get a whole lot of exercise done, but i did go dancing friday night for 3 hours. and im sore from it now! I bought a pedometer today, so now i will know exactly how far i walked during the day. I have my weigh ins tomorrow, so hopefully the scales will be good to me again, but, i'm retaining alot of water, aunt flow is visiting, so i know the scales dont reflect my weightloss accurately around that time. Well, hope you all had a good weekend, and managed to stay on track.
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:26 AM   #48  

Hey! Dancing definetly counts as good exercise, especially if you boogied hard enough to be sore the next day.
I guess I wasn't bad, in terms of weekend behavior. Not perfect (there was a angel food cake... which would have been ok-ish until I said "sure, a little ice cream would be nice")
I just can't wait for SPRING. I keep looking outside making gardening plans (which is at least better than sitting around, exercise-wise) and all I see is SNOW.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:48 AM   #49  
Fit by Forty

Default I'm back.....

Well....where to start? Let's see.....I fell of the wagon, then got ran over by it. Then it backed up and ran over me again! So I've picked myself up and dusted myself off and I'm ready to go at it again. Just not today...lol I had planned to restart my diet and exercise program, but it didn't happen that way. So tomorrow I will put my best foot forward and regain control in my life.
krazykellyontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:15 PM   #50  
Fit by Forty

Default Good morning

Where is everyone?
Well, today was my first day of my restart to dieting and exercising and so far so good. I'm kinda doing the very low carb thing or Oprah's Boot Camp Challeng. I did it for 2 weeks and lost 5 lbs then fell of the wagon and regained 4 lbs.
Anyways...today I've had my breakfast and went for my 50 min walk. It's gorgeous out there today so no excuses for my not to have gone. Though I wish I would of worn something a little lighter underneath my walking gear as I'm sweating like a pig! Oh well, the joys of being thin!
Well I'm off to check a few other threads before I get my lunch ready. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Kelly
Old 03-22-2005, 12:28 PM   #51  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Hey Ladies

My name is Leanne
I am 26
Canadian- I live in Petawawa, Ontario
I am a CHOCOHOLIC

My baby just turned 6 months old I am at my goal weight and finding it HARD to fight off the choco-monster and the sweet-cheats....But, I am glad to hear I am not the only one who has this problem.

Leanne

SW 204 (sept 21/04)
SW 190 (brought dd home from hospital) Sept25/04
CW 127
gw 125-130
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:20 PM   #52  
Fit by Forty

Default Welcome Leanne

The more the merrier! Exactly where is Petawawa? I'm in Simcoe...which is very close to Lake Erie.
I'm not addicted to Chocolate....but pretty much to everything else! It looks like you've done really losing the weight after your last baby was born. Good for you!
What kind of diet and exercise are you doing?
I'm following(kinda) Oprah's boot camp challenge. I'm restarting today as I've fallen off the wagon for the past 2 weeks. Need to get my butt in gear again.
Looking forward to reading your posts here.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:39 PM   #53  
*Welsh-Girl*

Hi. I am 27 and from ontario canada. Just thought i'd post a message. I am a new member and just started my journey to health today. I hear you Charlotte about the IGA. lol Would appreciate any messages and new buddies. Ciao for now!
welshgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:12 PM   #54  
Made my Goal weight!

Hello again fellow Canadian hottie Ladies...

Yes, I have been working my butt off, literally since having my daughter. I was in a wedding on New Years eve, so that was GREAT motivation to watch my eating and workout A LOT.
Right now I go to Curves at least 2-3 times a week and I run a few times a week, or go on the elliptical...I live on an Army base so we have a FANTASTIC gym here....and tons of motivation!!

Kelly, Petawawa is about 1.5-2 hours north of Ottawa, but I am originally from FOrt Erie/Niagara Falls.

Happy Tuesday
Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:45 AM   #55  
Fit by Forty

Default Morning ladies

Welcome Welsh girl!

Leanne--hubby and I were just in Niagara Falls on Saturday to spend the day there for a small get away.

Nothing new and exciting with me since yesterday. I did get my 50 min walk in and I'm planning on getting another one in today. Eating was very good yesterday. Just gotta figure out what to have for dinner tonight. Thinking salmon.
Well I'm off to get my dd ready for school. I'll back in here later. Have a great day.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 340/332/200

Height: 5 foot 7

hey ladies.... im still here.. just lurking.... i did have a loss this week 3 and 3/4 lbs .... i was ssssooooooo happy.
Glad to hear your all doinhg great too.
hugemomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:30 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 262/259.2/160

Height: 5'6

Smile Hello Neighbors

Im 23yrs. old and moved to Winnipeg, MB in November to reside with my newly married husband. I told myself that once I got here I would begin the battle of the bulge and attempt to kick my addiction...no not to chocolate but to cigarettes (man are they ever expensive).
I joined the gym, along with a TOPS group and I have lost a total of 11lbs. However I too fell off the wagon, more soo with eating than anything, and just yesterday decided it was time to leap back on. I ate sensibly and got a good 2hr workout in at the gym with my husband. Im going again today!!
I have managed to kick my addiction to smoking for the most part (occasionally i smoke when i drink), but the reallllll big problem is with what oprah calls "the white stuff". I crrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaavvveeeee bread, potatoes, pasta, and rice really bad. I started yesterday by attempting to cut them out but its soo hard.
Oh yeah I can definately relate to the difference in american grocery stores and canadian grocery stores....I have a heck of a time finding the things here at the store that i want compared to back home. Ahhh its all soo new to me yet.
Hope everyones having a great day and I look forward to the journey with you...one day at a time!!!!

oh yes i was gonna ask...."how many of you are or have used the "walk away the pounds" videos??? I was considering buying them(i hate going to the gym on the weekends...its waayy too packed)
kari (kl_life)
kl_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:39 AM   #58  

Hey, welcome new people!
I've been quiet lately on account of work (I SO wish I was independently wealthy!)
I can't say I've been a diet angel, but yesterday, I turned down free cake, pop, and then cookies at an afternoon meeting. I'm especially proud of myself for skipping the cookies because they were RIGHT in front of me for the whole 1hr meeting - I could SMELL them the whole time...
So now I just have to make it though the weekend, always my worst time... Add in the Easter thing (gulp!) - Maybe I should just declare one day a "off diet" day, rather than picking at bad things all weekend & saying "well, its easter..." It might work out better, calorie-wise.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:03 PM   #59  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

good for you charlotte!!! I too have the temptations at work, i work at a food supplier for all major restaurants and we constantly have food there. just today for example, a huge chocolate easter bunny was on my desk, and we had chocolate chip cookies (the store bought home made ones) fruit struddles, chocolate easter eggs, jube jubes, and english muffins. and all week they have been bringing around jube jubes and chocolate eggs. but i've been good and i brought all my treats home to my husband. but on monday i was up a frickin pound. i dont get it!! i ate everything i was supposed to last week, i did more exercise that i've done in a long time, up and down the stairs at work( i went back full time from mat. leave) and went dancing and belive me, i sweat like a pig when i go dancing because i dont leave the floor!! and i was up a pound!!!! WTF!!! the only thing i can convince myself to believe is it's because aunt flow's in town and im retaining water, and the possibility that i gained some muscle mass. For easter, i have vowed not to over do it, and i only bought one little chocolate covered strawberry marshmallow thing for my daughter, and baby cookies (she's 9 months) i REFUSE to blow all my hard work because it's easter..no way. i work my off to hard to lose the few pounds i do!!! good luck this weekend ladies, keep strong!!! welcome to the newest members of our thread, sorry havent been around in a while, busy starting back into work again, im so tired when i come home, i just have dinner, clean for about 20 mins because my house is like a pig sty since im so tired when i get home ( ok, maybe that's an exageration...but it's not as clean as it should be ) and then it's off to bed.

oh and Kl i have the WATP videos they are good, not too strenuous but a good work out if you lift your legs higher than the tape or use the weights the whole work out( i use 1pound water bottles because my shoulder muscles are torn) and i find it good. i too hate the gym, and the first 1 mile video is only 15 mins, i do it (when i have time) in the evenings, but now that it's getting warmer im looking forward to walking outside.

oh and FYI LADIES...dont waste your money on a pedometer...it's not accurate enough to base your exercise regime on...waste of my money.

later chickens.

Last edited by jellybeanz; 03-24-2005 at 09:06 PM.
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:38 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 340/332/200

Height: 5 foot 7

bad me i just ate a whole pack of choc cookies.didnt even notice i was doing it till i was finnished...... i hope i can stop now.
hugemomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote