Old 02-23-2005, 08:01 AM   #1  

Wink Moms losing weight # 53

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:11 AM   #2  

Morning everyone! Sorry, I haven't gotten real personal here, I have been reading most of the posts, however I have been doing lots of work and keeping track with the BLC and I have to draw the line somewhere. Can't be on this darn thing all day.....otherwise I'll just gain weight... Anyway,

CHris, that is good new about your mom! I hope today is a better day with the kids though..

Michelle, that's great about the loss. ONederland is around the corner.

Jill, Mexico.......ahhhhhhh....peace........I assume you are bringing Bay. Are you going to Cancun? Where in MEx are you planning. I am trying to just plan a family vaca for end of April...Abigails spring break. I don't know though. It's not warm enough anywhere within a 4 hour drive and North carolina is about 10-13 hour drive...I don't know if the kids can handle it....grrr What to do what to do.

Anyway, I'm supposed to go to the gym today, but Patrick's nose is running and his eye is goopy again. It's coming and going. Dr call ...I certainly don't want to pay a visit to him with all the really sickies there. I'll go for Bugga's eye and leave with a flu virus or something. Wacky week here..... m BBL to check in with everyone.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:22 AM   #3  
Shake Your Booty!

Morning everyone! Hope all are doing well today. I have one word for Girl Scout Cookies......EVIL! I forgot I ordered 5 boxes and they came yesterday OMG I wanted to cry!! My hubby of course opened up the box (the choc peanut butter ones MY FAV) and I took a little tiny bite and thats all! OMG I could have eaten the whole box! But I refrained. I have a few questions today, I hope yall don't mind me asking, Melissa what is BLC, and what are the challenges yall talk about? Is it something I can do? Do yall follow a plan or do you combine a few things and do your own?

I did really well with eating again yesterday and yes I weighed myself, I know I'm not supposed to but I did and I'm down another 2 lbs! Gotta change my ticker..I am only going to weigh in on Mondays and Fridays, I gotta keep a check on things.

Melissa~Hope your little one is doing better, I hate going to the Drs this time of year also, heck I don't like the older kids bringing friends home sometimes cuz someone is always sick.

Chris~Glad to hear about your Mom.

BBL I am going to run out to get some different snack foods so I don't get burnt out on the same stuff.
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:45 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Real quick... cause i'm running late and didn't realize it is 15 til 8

Hi out there to Melissa & Chrissy and all you other lovely ladies!!!

I was so stoked this am... The first time I weighed since Sunday and I am down WOOHOO!!! but I'm gonna wait until Sunday to weigh again to give you a final!

WOOHOO! Oh and my waist is already down! South Beach is doing it's job (and so am I) lol

Have a great day! PENNY
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:52 AM   #5  

Chrissy, The BLC is our own verision of THE BIGGEST LOSER- CHALLENGE
It's through the msn site. I'll send you the link and you can check it out. You may follow along with us for this round, and may join in on the next one for credit. We pay 10 dollars and then follow exercise and diets ....at the end the person with the most points wins a prize! I told my sister IN law, I don't want the GS cookies this go round. TO tempting for me....lol

Morning Penny!!!!!!!!

Last edited by melmcc99; 02-23-2005 at 08:54 AM. Reason: HIT ENTER TO FAST
Old 02-23-2005, 08:56 AM   #6  

"http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight/biggestloserchallenge.msnw"

Oops ...sorry, here it is.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:09 AM   #7  
Shake Your Booty!

Thanks Melissa, I just joined

Penny~Good Morning, congrats on your loss, I can't wait to see how well you did!

OK off to the potty one last time before I head out to the store, nothing worse then dragging a 2 yo into a nasty bathroom and trying to keep her from touching thikngs while I try to not sit on the seat LOL!
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:57 AM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Michelle-Good news for you at the doctor. that is so awesome. I've noticed that with Kelly too. He dropped weight initially but now he can't lose anything. I'm not sure when the his next doc. appt. is or if they'll do another biopsy of his thyroid. Not sure what will happen with that.
You are so gutsy. I would have listened in to their conversation too but I wouldn't have had the guts to say anything. I'm so proud and glad you did. The way she sounds, she's just wants kids to get a check from the state. Doesn't really sound like she loves her little ones too much. That is such a shame. I've been reading this book series by Dave Pelzer about him being abused when he was a child (A Child Called "IT" and the Lost Boy, next is a Man Named Dave) It's horrible and your heart just aches for him for all he went through at the hands of his mother. The good news is he really makes something of his life and has a little boy of his own that he loves sooo much.

Okay gotta cut this short...Time to round up the wild ones and get them going to school. Tiana gets out at noon today so I told them after they help around the house and clean their rooms, I'll take them to the park. The little ones can play on the stuff and I can play basketball with T-bone.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:59 AM   #9  

I made my February goal today (and beat it by .5) so I set up a St. Patrick's Day goal now. I'm so happy. I really feel like I'm going to get this done this time. My husband has been so supportive and keeps telling me not to feel bad about spending time on myself because it's about time that I did.

I hope everyone else is doing well today. I guess it's time to stop slacking and start working out now
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:13 AM   #10  
a.k.a. Roxy

Goodmorning Ladies!

I just lost a long post! UH! Anyway my thighs are still complaining because I had the audacity to exercise them! Dh is not sympathic at all, he says to work out the pain! Meany! I just wanted to say to Mel and Michelle for all the work that you are both putting into this challenge I know it takes time away from doing other things and your families, so thanks for the CHALLENGE!

Michelle- I am soooo proud of you for tell off that wart of a woman at Walmart! Dang Girl! I wish I could have seen that! Wtg on the great check up too! I agree with them you WILL be in oneunderland by next month!!

Chris-I am so relived to hear that the cancer didn't spread! Oh what a gift for your family. She will be around for many more years! You are doing so great on plan too!

Kris-how's that foot? You are also doing so great on your plan it is really agreeing with everyone!

Penny-WTG on your loss! That is so wonderful! We are all gonna kick but on this challenge! I really loved your accent yesterday, flying together makes it easy and fun! How is Michelle doing? Is she awake yet?

Chelle- on making your goal!! Excellent! That's the way to do it, a bit at a time until you are there!

Chrissy- great job staying away from the evil cookies! That's willpower! Keep up the good job!

Mel- hope that Bugga's eyes get better and you can back to the gym! There's def. something going around.

Kendrea-So nice to see you! You have such an attractive family! That lil' Frank and those big eyes!

Well, hi to all you other moms, Jeniqua(workout ) Deana , Jillybean (Mexico?!!) Geri, Ricci, Cindi, Tabitha, Steph, and all the rest of you!
Hopefully I won't loose THIS post because I'm not doing it a third time!
TTYL I have lots of laundry to do because of my sickies.
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:19 AM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies, figured I'd check in before it got too buys here and I didn't have time to post! I'm super busy with school but am still eating well and trying to exercise. At least a little exercise at home. I'll get back to the gym when things slow down at school. The challenge is helping me at least move a little each day so that's good.

Mel I'm excited to go to Mexico and no we will not be taking Bayley, this is a grown up trip! YAY! I will miss her but she is just too young for a trip like this I think. Besides we haven't been away from her since she was born and dh and I need a little bonding time I think. We will be going to Baja. I've never been to Mexico so I don't know much about where we are going to our friends that we are going with have been before so I am counting on them to know what they are doing. Anyway thanks for doing the BLC you are doing a great job, I know Michelle appreciates it since she is so busy with school!

Chrissy good job with the girl scout cookies!! I would have eaten them if they would have came yesterday. I was in a munchie mood. I get like that when I am working on homework, I didn't have anything bad in the house yesterday though so I was ok! lol

Hi Penny! Awesome about the loss! I can't wait to hear your WI! I am having a hard time doing SBD since I am so stressed and at school all the time. I am still eating healthy though and losing I think so I'm doing good for now. I will restart SBD when the new term starts. I should be able to do it then, I have almost all night classes so I can be here with you all for more support. I think I need it!

Hi Chris, again glad to hear the news about your mom! I've heard about those books too, my psychology teacher has talked about them in our class. It's hard to hear stuff like that. Hope you have fun at the park. I'm sure you will burn some major calories playing b-ball with Tiana!

Chelle WTG on your february goal!! That is so awesome. It's good to hear your dh is supportive too. That's great!

Ok I need to get going, I hear the baby up. Hope you all have a great OP day!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:21 AM   #12  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hi Roxy! We posted at the same time! I just wanted to say hi so you didn't think I skipped ya! Sorry your thighs are sore, it's a good sore though, right? lol It will go away soon, well, until you exercise again! lol Have a great day!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Good Morning ladies!!

Penny sounds like you are doing just great!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

Chris, I think I'm going to go pick up those books today they sound good. Thanks for the recommendations! How's mom doing?

Mel, you are such an inspiration to me keep up all your hard work!!

Roxy You started your first challenge off with a bang! I'm so proud of you!! You're gonna give us all a run for our money

Deana, do things ever slow down over there? I hope you get a break sometime to just relax

Two announcements to make here then I'll post them on MLW as well.
1. IF YOU HAVEN'T SENT MEL HER WINNINGS FOR THE FIRST CHALLENGE
PLEASE DO SO THIS IS IMPORTANT. IF YOU NEED MEL'S PAYPAL ADDRESS
CONTACT ME SO YOU CAN SEND IT OFF TO HER. REMEMBER THAT WAS THE
COMMITMENT YOU MADE WHEN YOU SIGNED UP FOR THE CHALLENGE

2. IF YOU HAVEN'T PAID FOR YOUR ENTRANCE IN TO THE CURRENT
CHALLENGE PLEASE DO SO BY THE END OF TODAY! ANY PAYMENTS NOT
RECEIVED BY MIDNIGHT YOUR OWN TIME ZONE WILL UNFORTUNATELY HAVE
TO BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE PRIZE PORTION OF THE CHALLENGE, YOU ARE
STILL WELCOME PARTICIPATE A LONG WITH US YOU JUST WON'T RECEIVE A
PRIZE.

3. YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOUR PICS ARE UP BY SUNDAY IF THEY ARE
POSTED AFTER SUNDAY IT GIVES YOU AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE SO PLEASE
MAKE SURE YOUR PICS ARE UP BY SUNDAY IF YOU HAVE TO POST THEM
EARLY SO BE IT, BUT IT IS UNFAIR TO EVERYONE ELSE IF YOUR PICS ARE
POSTED LATE.

Okay that's it for me lol I gotta do some school work and housework and my exercise!
TTYL!!!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:32 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

morning again...

I've been flying for the last 1 1/2. Now its almost play time. I got the kitchen done, the girls bedroom cleaned, the living room done, family room done...just can't vacuum or mop yet. The carpet layers are here to put in the rest of our carpet. I'll be lovin it....

Gotta get Coli ready to get Kayla from school. Check back in a while.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:00 PM   #15  
I will suceed!!!

Chris, I read "A Child Called IT" and just cried! Literally bawled my eyes out.

Michelle, wtg with the doctor! It's good to have a doctor that is so supportive. OH, have you had a chance to find out anything about what I pmed you about? This is something that was totally beyond my control. Please let me know...

Anyway, off to get some errands run. I hope everyone has a great day.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote