3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Moms Losing Weight #52 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/53850-moms-losing-weight-52-a.html)

melmcc99 02-22-2005 08:22 AM

Moms Losing Weight #52

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...9/humor037.gif

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

melmcc99 02-22-2005 08:34 AM

Morning Everyone! Hope everyone gets a giggle out of the comic I found. Hey we need more humor to make this work...right?? Anyway, I have lots of cleaning to do. Abigail wants a play date. NO gym, because Patricks has some kind of EYE thingy goin on. Don't think it's pink eye, but can't take the chance. He's had a runny nose and I think it's just backing up now into his eye. ALl puffy and goopy. I'll give it today to see what happens.

Jill, that is so cool that we both won the drawing and crystal did too toward the beginning. three out of like 8 just from our group ..out of thousands I'm sure. WHat did you get? I can't believe you only have 4 weeks of school left. Is that before break or till the end??

Chris, praying for you and mom today. Hope you get the best possible results.

Anyone want to fly with exercise again? I'll be doing it about 11 est. My plan is for push ups, crunches and leg raises out of category 3. I've done the bcd, but many of you can count this as your BCD3 for 10points. ONLY if you have not done 2 others already! See ya at 11!

ChrissyL 02-22-2005 08:34 AM

Good Morning :) I am down 3 pounds from yesterday..OMG all that water did me wonders!!
I ate 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast with about 2 tsp mayo, salt & pepper

For lunch I had a half bag of salad with some spinach leaves, 2 chicken tenders that I fried with no butter, and some shredded mozzerella cheese and just a little bit of salad dressing.

For supper I had 1 chicken thigh (no skin) the other half of salad with the same cheese and spinach and about 1 1/2 tbsp of red beans and rice, I ate that really slow to make it last...

Then I had about 1 cup of popcorn and about 1/4 cup of walnuts... PLUS 1 gallon of water :)

Melissa~I am sorry :( I was reading the board and responding to posts and I posted to Penny instead of you so sorry :(

Now in the poll today I voted 5 - 10 pounds, I'm hoping for a pound a week, I know once my body gets all this water out, the pounds aren't going to fly off anymore. I have to say though there is no way I can follow Atikins to a T no way. I love my milk, bread and stuff ( I didn't get this fat from not liking them) so I'm going to eat the foods I like at supper or snack but in a small small amount just like I did the rice last night. Not having cereal or a sandwhich for lunch doesn't bother me at all, so I can do well with that...I really miss my diet cherry coke, it has caffine and Atkins says no caffine...I think if I do without the foods I really like I will fall off the loosing weight wagon, so if I modify it so I'm not depriving myself I will do better...What do yall think?

I just ate my eggs and on my 3rd glass of water now YAY me!

MichelleRae 02-22-2005 10:13 AM

Hey girls Good Morning!

I have a doctors appt this morning for my weight check. I'll be back to post more when I get back from that.

Keep up the good work everyone together we will achieve our goals!

michellejy 02-22-2005 10:21 AM

Morning all... just checking in to get a boost before I start exercising. I voted for 10+ pounds... might as well be optimistic. I'm .5 away from my February goal now, so I guess it's nearly time for a St. Patrick's Day goal :D

fma4mom 02-22-2005 10:42 AM

Just a quick Good Morning as I am headed out the door to meet my cousin for lunch. I will post more after I return. Way to go to all of you for getting in your exercise and water! You are all doing wonderful! ;)

melmcc99 02-22-2005 10:44 AM

Chrissy, no problem with calling me Penny, at least she's nice....And not some mean ugly old lady...lol Great job on the loss. That's wonderful!

Michelle...Good morning and good luck at the doctors!

MichelleJ. Only 1/2 pound from goal for St Patty's day is great. I'm sure you'll be there sooner then that! Keep up the great work.

sydsmom 02-22-2005 10:52 AM

Good Morning!!!! I am doing pretty good today so far! Sydney is at pre-school, I just had breakfast. 2 fried eggs (in 1 tsp of olive oil) and 2 pieces extra lean turkey bacon from Jennie-O..I love that stuff! :) and I haven't started my water yet. Wanted some flavor this morning, and since I don't like coffees and such, I opted for a diet Root beer..so after I finish this, I will start the water! Dh and I were so lazy last ngiht. My parents have "sydney night" on monday nights every week and last night we were going to get all this stuff done since I was actaully off work ( i usually work mondays) but no! I endedup with a huge head ache and even called my mom to see if she would bring sydney home to us (we went there for dinner and let her stay and play for a few hours)......so we laid on the couch and watched shows. IM doing more laundry today, got about 4 loads left, and our bedroom and bathroom, maybe if I am good, the desk down stairs. I am also going to do some research on this new 30 minute gym thing called Fusion. Its really cool, kind of like curves, but they offer free tanning for a year with membership, and I keep hearing good things about it! we canceled my other membership when I started taking care of g-ma because we didn't know how long I would be doing that, and didn't want to waste the $$. So just a few exercises at home today, I really need to get the house stuff done that I keep saying I am going to do. This desk is horible, its where everything gets thrown if its paperwork of any kind! So I am going to begin all of that now after I browse my other sites and visit MLW too! :) So have a great day and I will get personal later this afternoon !!

chrily 02-22-2005 10:58 AM

Busy thread already today....

I've been up for awhile. Had to get the girls to school and then go to the bank. Now I'm back....

Today is' getting caught up on things aroung the house' day. I have so much to do. I did great yesterday and the day before staying OP. I'll probably never catch you, Melissa,on points but I want this weight off. I just can't overdo anything or I'll be aching for days on end. Don't really want that either....

Congratulations to the "losers" ....Chrissy and Chelle.... that is awesome. You're doing great!

Okay...gotta go. :( Time to get my buns in gear and get it done. I'll check back later.

~chris

Redskirt1 02-22-2005 11:52 AM

an interesting morning...

Michelle, hope everything goes well at the doctors.

MichelleJ, congratulations on being so close to your goal!

Well, I got up this morning to go to work, and both my taillights had been busted out. :mad: Had to fix those. It never ends does it? Anyway, this is a short one for me. I have to go get a measuring tape and take my pics and stuff before I am beaten about the head and shoulders with a wet noodle! Hope everyone is having a good day. BBL :D

1hot_tomato 02-22-2005 12:44 PM

Good morn to you all!
I had fun flying with you girls today. I'm still sore from yesterday, though too these old muscles! I better work them hard! I had quite alot to do this morning and I am only able to get the puter now.

Tabitha- someone busted out your taillights? UGH! Hopw it won't be so much to fix! Glad you are joining us! You go!

Chris- Is today the day your mom finds out her test results? I'm say a prayer for her today! Keep us posted.

Kristin-sounds like you are busy today! You are doing so good on your menus, is it hard for you to stay focused? I think that you are doing great!

Kendrea-have fun at lunch! Be good!

Chelle- WTG for making your FEB. goal! Yahoo!!!

Michelle-Have a great appt.! Do you go once a month? I hope that you have another super check up! Tell us when you get back! You are doing awesome on your challenge points!

Chrissy- Well, since you asked, I can see a couple things that are of concern with your menu. Of course, the 1 1/2 T of red beans and rice. you knew that.
The 1 cup of popcorn as a snack and 1/4 c walnuts. Are you on induction?
Try 2 deviled eggs, 1/2 C s-f jello, I have to check but nuts are not induction. only afterwords. As for the bag of salad good choice, but measure it out. No more than a total of 4 cups on induction.s-f dressing I hope! Were those chicken tenders breaded? Guess what you could have used butter! Thats not illegal. Are you reading the book? Go to the website they have recipe ideas and also on 3fc on the atkins thread read about the menus and other things there too. You know why you can have any of those on induction even in small quantities? The diet keeps carbohydrate intake so low that the body must burn stored fat for functions normally fueled by carbs. It is the most intense part of the diet as well as SBD. It works by stabilizing blood sugar, which reduces cravings and levels of fat storage hormones (insulin). If you keep letting those little bits in, you are not effectively letting your body adjust so you can gradually let, good carbs back in. Like more veggies and better food selection. I'm sorry for the lengthy post but I want you to do well! I promise after the two weeks of induction you won't even be hungry, really. The water is the best thing you can do!! Don't forget the exercise and you will be thinner and healthier in a short time! You are doing great!

Hi Mel! Thanks for the flying today! I especially liked you singing to me! You are so sweet!! Made those horrible squats bearable! Are we on everyday or something like maybe mon-wed-fri? Same time? Or does you schedule vary too much?

Well, all of you other moms I have to make lunch and get more laundry done. TTYL
Roxy

ChrissyL 02-22-2005 01:13 PM

The chicken I ate was from a 3 lb bag of boneless/skinless chicken tenders, I just cooked it up in a pan. I am not following Atkins completely, I don't want to cuz if I do I wont stay on it, I know I wont. If I am going to diet it has to be where I am happy also and not feeling deprived of things I enjoy. I have read the book and I am watching what I am eating. I used red wine vinegar that was 1/3 less fat. and not even a tablespoon of it just enough to get a little taste, it may not be sugar free but thats what I want. I do appreciate you taking the time to post to me :) I just know me and know what and will not work for me and if everything I like is taken from me (even for 2 weeks) then I won't be happy, so I figure alittle bit is better then a whole lot, and I'm not feeling deprived of foods I enjoy, the way I am eating I am not feeling hungry, so that is a good thing. And yup I am excersising, and I am going to be doing that as soon as my daughters show is over. I'm also recording my intake on my performance diet software and I am under the alloated amount of carbs, so I think I'm doing OK. At least I hope I am now.

need2losemore 02-22-2005 01:25 PM

hi, everyone.
I have been trying to get over being sick, only to get the same thing again. So tired of this. It sounds like everyone is doing great. I will try to get on here again tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.

Redskirt1 02-22-2005 01:33 PM

Uggh, do you know how hard it is to find a simple measuring tape in this town? You would think Wal-Mart had them, but NO, they were out. All they had were some that were included in a six dollar kit with stuff that I already had at home. Off to a different store, nope none there, just measuring tapes that are used by men in their tool boxes...you know the metal ones....try wrapping that around my waist! LOL, anyway, 2 more stores, and I FINALLY found one. So, I just thought that was ridiculous and funny and had to share it.

My tail lights are already fixed, I had to miss work today to get that taken care of. $40 for each side. Darned expensive, and really put me in a bind until next payday. I wasn't the only one in my apartment complex that had some damage done to their vehicle, so the police are going to cruise by here a couple of times a night. Hopefully it won't happen again, just some rotten kid playing a prank. I'm really p****d. but trying my best to keep it clean in my post. So for the most part, I guess I sound like Beaver Cleaver, "Well, golly gee, I can't believe someone would do such a thing." LOL, I'm a little stressed. This little incident may or may not affect my participating fully in the challenge. But I have already PMed Michelle about that. Either way, I will go along and do it, with or without being able to earn any points! The past two days have been great!

1hot_tomato 02-22-2005 02:08 PM

Chrissy- Well, you are making a good start at changing your eating. I misunderstood, I thought when you said you were doing atkins it was from the start of the program. I didn't realize you were modifying it. I also had to modify it for myself at first, because I was nursing. I hope that this gives you good results! See, you've already lost 4 Lbs. that is a very good beginning!! Keep up the good work!