Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 03:15 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Post Chit Chat #114

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:28 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies---

Been having a "Need to get things done, but it's not happening" kind of day. James is in bed asleep and so I find it difficult to get motivated to get anything done w/out making a racket! I did what I could w/out running the vacuum cleaner and all that jazz....now just waiting for him to wake up!

Mindee--Glad to hear that your have internet again. Hope to hear more from you when you get some time.

Cristi--I love the china set too. I told James that we can look at it as a wedding gift from his grandparents! We want to add to the set and eventually make it complete.....although that may run into too much money!! So for now, it's nice to have what we do have!

Angie--You silly girl...that movie isn't scary at all. James likes it...I thought it was a stupid funny movie. What's funny...is that I like suspensful scary movies...yet I keep a pillow in front of me when I watch them!! (you won't see me watching those kinds of movies at the theatre!)

Jane--What a marvelous idea to have grandpa make me a cabinet!! But we have a hutch here that was part of the house....so all I need to do is clean it out (which is full of junk) and put the pieces inside. But maybe in the future...when we buy our own house....I may need him to build me one!

Been feeling run down the last couple of days. TOM is just around the corner and I can just feel the PMS totin along behind!! Not good when you have things that needs done.

I was watching this infomercial (paid programming) about the exercise ball.....kind of inspired me to want to drag mine out of the closet and do some workouts on it. I think I keep making excuses as to why I'm not using the equipment that I have around here. It's time to stop!! I want to tone my body and not doing what I can isn't going to do it! The gazelle works great and gives me a little energy for the day...but I need to do more. James has some weights that are sitting on the living room floor....I just stare at them. Time to pick them up and use them!!

Anybody else feel this way? Do you have equipment and just talk to them rather than use them?? I don't know what's stopping me. It's all right there? Where is the motivation?? What happen to my drive??

Yep...see PMS is talking right now!

Ok girls..I need to get moving. I may pick up those weights and do something with them....besides moving them out of my sight!!

You all have a great night.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:20 PM   #3  

For the life of me....I can't figure out how to make my advatar any bigger!!!

Someone help. I need step-by-step directions!!
Old 02-20-2005, 11:30 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Egads Marti I would be the last person to help you with electronics. I just learned how to text messege a couple of days ago, Ive had a cell phone for 5 yrs.

Jane, ahh to be on the beach. Neal is right, beach is a good thing. We went to the Baptist church in our neighbhourhood when we first moved here, but with our schedule we couldn't attend regularly so we didn't go at all. My mom keeps up about the HUGE new catholic church right down the street from me, but I told her I didn't want to attend that one either.

Marti, I hate that I have a gazelle, a total gym and free weights down stairs, no room and no umph to go down there and make room.

Rehearsal went well, got alot of wings done, headdresses done. Talked with 2 of my 3 makeup artists tonight. Need to talk with my hair team...all is good.
gotta run Desperate house wives are on...
Old 02-21-2005, 12:06 PM   #5  
PamPSM644

Been gone for awhile. Life took over and been kicking me around. I got good news and bad news.

Good news is DS coming home tuesday night, Can not wait to see him.

Bad news. Sister's cancer has spread to lungs,kidneys,bowels,as well as uterious,cervix,ect. She's not cooperating.All she's interested in are the drugs and enimas.OBGYN Oncology is refuseing to treat her in house,they want her at make appointments as an out pt. Even I know this is not possible. She can't sit up and she can't walk more then a few steps. I think they are just fed up with her.

While son was gone I gained 5 lbs but have managed to lose it now. This is good because I was certin I wasn't lossing anything. Phone is wringing have to go.

Pam
Old 02-21-2005, 01:12 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi ladies!

I was here for a few minutes earlier, but got called away.

Marti - love the avatar!! I had an avatar re-sizer bookmarked on the laptop, but don't have one now. If you search for "free avatar sizer" you should come up with one. It's great that you have a hutch for the dishes. Might as well use that. Btw, aren't you ever gonna put "co-mod" in your signature??

Angie - omg, I am so into Desperate Housewives! So is Neal, lol. That show is so funny, and I hear there is going to be a spin-off of the teens. Do you watch Boston Legal that follows? Glad things are going well with the play.

Pam - (((HUGS))) so sorry about your sister! At least Eddie is coming home soon. That will make you feel better.

I've felt tired today for some reason. Too much partying, lol. I have to meet Katie in town after school, but in the meantime, I'm going to stretch out on the couch and watch a movie and/or take a nap. <yawn>

Later, taters!!
Old 02-21-2005, 02:06 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Happy Presidents Day!

Okay, starting over. Had a long post and went to look up something else and came back and it was gone! Oh well, anyway...

Happy Monday Ladies~

Not sure why except that I am feeling good after a visit to the chiro. The guy is a wee bit irritating and I want to tell him to shut up but he does do a good job, otherwise I wouldn't have gone back to him.

Anyway...

Jane~I too would rather be on the beach! DH#1 and I practically lived on the beach when we were first together, well into when the two boys were small. Didn't go as much after DD was born because we kept moving further away. Glad you like the new church, there's nothing like feeling welcome at a new church.

Marti~I have an exercise room! How sad is that? It is just so dark and gloomy in there. That and I have lost my mojo. No motivation what so ever to go into that room. I am trying to figure out what I want to do to it to pretty it up to make one want to go in there. I'm thinking yellow paint to brighten it up with some pretty pictures to look at, along with some motivational stuff and a tv! About the avatar...I use the one that Jane posted here a while back. Have it downloaded and use it all the time. However, here lately it is a pain. I had always gone by the 110 x 110 pixels and not almost everything I find I have to make smaller so it gets to be a pain. By the time you get a pic small enough you lose most of it. But I am still looking for the right one so meanwhile I will probably change mine once a week or so. LOL

Pam~so sorry to hear about your sis, (((((HUGS))))) to you both. Why are they refusing to treat her though? Thought hospitals were not supposed to refuse a patient treatment regardless. I am glad that Eddie is coming home, bet you can't wait.

Angie~I almost bought Taxi at Wal-mart last week. Thought I probably should wait until it comes on cable or at least rent it to see if it was buy worthy. Watched The Ladykillers and tried to watch Collateral last night. Ladykillers was not one Tom Hanks finest movies, along the lines of Terminal and Joe and the Volcano. Collateral was just boring. Got thru about 1/4 of it, maybe a little more before stopping it. So tuned in to watch The Notebook which I really liked. Of course having read the book I knew the movie would be good. The book was much better though. Anyway, don't think I have heard of the one you watched. DD has and told me what it was about, now I am going to have to see it.

Anyway, got all my errands run as well as my house chores done and have some time for the computer. Of course I have been on too long now since trying to figure out what I wrote in the post I lost. UGH! Have to make a couple copies of my resume to send out and that's about it for the day. Going to go meet V for dinner later I think. Thought I would surprise him so he won't have to eat McD's.

Hi to eveyrone else Hope everyone is having a nice Monday. Did anyone get off work today for Presidents Day? I know the schools are out here and of course the POst Office is closed as well as some other things. Have a great one ladies, see ya.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:31 PM   #8  
Closed

Hi Everyone
Ok Girls I just lost my whole post, so I am going to scream in my pillow now and I will come back and try again later, I just wanted to say HI,for now and I hope everyone is having a great day (((HUGS)))
Old 02-21-2005, 07:32 PM   #9  

Hi girls....

Been on here earlier, but I didn't have time...now I have a little time before I go to work.

Angie--I'm wanting to be a fairy for Halloween now!! You have me envisioning this beautiful costume!! If I don't work this year for Halloween...maybe I'll talk James into dressing up and going out this year! I hope we get to see the finish product when you're all done.

Pam--Glad that your son will be coming home soon. Hope he has a safe trip and that the two of you can spend some time together when he gets home.

Jane--My advatar is too small to see!! But it's a picture that I took of myself when I was playing w/the camera! I do that every once in awhile to leave for James so he can see how goofy I am when he's gone!

Cristi--I think your advatars are so pretty! Where are you finding those pictures? They're so cute. I will have to check out the sizer once I have more time on the computer. Maybe later on after work...depending on how tired I am. James & I have talked about making a workout room...still talk about it. Once we do....I hope we take advantage of it. The rate that I'm going.....I would hate to see us waste the space and money getting one done! Maybe it will inspire me to move more?

Ellen--Sorry that you lost your post. Are you feeling better? I hope so. Come back soon when you get the chance.

Got a lot of cleaning done today. Of coarse I get more motivated to clean when I have to go to work the same day! What's up w/that? I spend my weekends not doing a whole lot and then Monday rolls around and things get done! Crazy.

I wasnt' in the mood to get on the gazelle today...but I read somewhere that 15 mins. in exercising is better than 15mins. sitting in front of the tv. So....I pulled it out and did my 30mins. Pretty proud that I did that. Now to keep that kind of thinking in my head. I've been doing really good though.....still do it everyday but weekends.

Alrighty girls...I'm going to browse a few minutes and then get to work.

Have a good night!
Old 02-21-2005, 07:53 PM   #10  
Give me strength

Pam,
yay for Eddie coming home and for loosing the 5 lbs you had gained. Really is sad to hear about your sister. I have next to no patience with people who abuse drugs or alcohol. And from what you have said of your sister can understand them not wanting her there BUT as its their job and she is in need she should be there.

Cristi, I just thought Taxi was lame, Colateral was ok, Monte saw the Ladykillers and said it wasn't his finest. I so want to see Notebook. Good for you getting on your gazelle....

Ellen, been there done that, and can understand the screaming into the pillow,,,

Tanner and I went to Petland to check out the puppy, shes GONE!!! WAAAAA have to admit I almost cried when I saw she wasn't there anymore. Yes this is the same puppy I have been going in to see once to twice aweek for the last 5 weeks.
Anyways should get dinner ready...
have a great evening ladies...
Old 02-21-2005, 11:17 PM   #11  
Give me strength

So I don't know how to work with wigs, so I shoved 4 into a pillow case and dosed it with shampoo and using the delicate cycle washed in the machine,,,WOW what came out wasn't what I put in,,,rats nest. Tanner wouldn't sit wearing it while I detangled them so I used my knee..they do look better, smell better and once Ive sprayed them lavender and mint green they will look how I want them.

Jane, I didn't know they are doing a spin off of DH Ive been stuck on this show called Medium, I think its Canadian though.

Im listening to Simon rip apart the men in AI ouch! Dull as dishwater...that hurts...lol
Gonna have to remember that next time I have to listen in on an audition,,,think I have the guts to say something like that? nah I don't...Im actually pretty nice.

Well gonna go make a couple more head dresses
Old 02-22-2005, 09:36 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning, ladies!

Cristi - I am excited about the fact that my whole family can go to this church and actually become members! There's nothing I love more than to see my whole family at the same church. Usually that only happened at baptisms and funerals. I am jealous of your workout room!! I want one, too! If it was mine, I'd find some valances that I really, really like and take a color from there to paint the walls. Then I'd make posters to frame and hang of my favorite Dr. Phil quotes, lol. And the Serenity Prayer. And my top ten reasons for getting healthier. Hmmm... wonder if the grandkids REALLY need a playroom... JK!!

Ellen - hope you're feeling better, hon. Don't know why people are losing their posts. If you click on the "back" button, would that work to retrieve it?

Marti - when I have something scheduled that I *have* to go do, it seems I can get my housework done quicker. It's like I know I can't put it off, and so it gets done. Why do we do that, lol. But you don't need to be doing too much on the weekends anyway... they're for relaxing with the fam!

Angie - aww, what kind of puppy was it? At least she got a good home. What would Skittles think of a new brother or sister? I just about spit my coffee everywhere when I read how you washed the wigs, lol!!!! Back in the 70's a lot of us wore them, and I learned you wash them in the same manner as real hair. If they are synthetic, they make a special shampoo, but if they're real hair, you can use your own shampoo. Either way, just suds them out in the sink, and drape them on a coffee can or something like that since you don't have a wig head. Btw, wig heads are inexpensive and you can get one from the beauty shop, and also the pins to attach the wigs. Hey, we saw Medium and really like it! It was the 1st episode, and now we don't have a clue which night or which channel... help me out, ok?

Well, I have to tackle Mt Washmore today. Katie's been tying up the washer and dryer, so now I have several loads to do. Going to spend some quality time with Caylin today, and I can't wait for that!

BBL,
Old 02-22-2005, 11:44 AM   #13  
Give me strength

Good morning,
Jane, I watched Medium last night,,,was good, her brother was there and he seems to have the same abilities as her, even though he doesn 't or won't admit to it.

Well the wigs look ok, now I have to syle them,,,wild curls, can I do that? They are synthetic so wondering if I can spray with hair spray and roll them up. Then when done spray color on them. Will find out soon enough....ha ha ha yikes
Anyways off to work I go, been listening to Tanners Into the Woods cd, gawd I love the music so catchy...into the woods....da da da
Old 02-22-2005, 01:50 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hiya Ladies~

Jane~I definitely would do that in the room if I had a window! That is one of three rooms (DD's bath and the boys bath) that does not have a window. The room is in the basement in the front of the house and the way it is made fromt he front of the house it looks like it is just a one story. The put all the windows in the back of the house. That's the main reason we made that the exercise room, no one wanted a room without a window. I have an idea though for a fake window just to dress the room up.They have some at Hobby Lobby, not exactly sure how I will fix the window yet, may put a small valance over it to make it look authentic. And you read my mind about the posters. I am going to get some posters at either Hobby Lobby or Michaels, they have some nice ones. Here Medium comes on at 9 on Mondays. I haven't seen it yet-not a big fan of Patricia Arquette so probably won't watch it. I do like her brother David and sis Roseanna though. Have a fun day time with Caylin!

Angie~oh my goodness! Hope you get the wigs fixed. Never had any experience with wigs so don't know anything about how to care for them. Sorry the puppy was gone. When I go up to Petsmart I love watching them groom the dogs. It amazes me how still and for how long the dogs will stand there, sooo good. Wish I could take Ernie but he wouldn't stand for it. Doesn't like to be touched by strangers. It's hard enough taking him to the vet. I am wanting another puppy also, just not sure what and when. The thought of training another dog is a little scary. I forgot AI was on last night! I normally don't follow it after the first few shows but did catch it last week. I was watching Fear Factor-love that show. But missed the first half as I took V some dinner.

Ellen~I lost my post yesterday also. But I was typing and was almost done and went to another site and came back here and went somewhere else. When I went to go back to my post it was gone! Hope you are feeling fine.

Marti~I used to be the same. When I knew I was going to work I always had things done. Now that I am not working it gets done when it gets done. I even clean the house before going away because I don't like coming home to a dirty house. Yay for getting the exercise done. When I first started exercising I started out doing 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there until I worked up to doing it all at once. Saw on some show it said it didn't matter if you broke it up that way as long as you did the exercise. Of course that was when I was actually exercising. Now...I am not sure how to get motivated.

Anyway...had more errands to run this morning and got my house straightening up done before I left so now all I have to do is bake a cake for DS#2 BD. I found a balloon with tools on it, how funny is that, and had to get it! He works construction so it was perfect! I get the boys balloons and DD flowers. Always feel like everyone (the ladies) deserves flowers for their BD. That's about all I have.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 02-22-2005, 03:39 PM   #15  

Afternoon ladies--

Another beautiful day in Oregon today. How frightening!!.....We're going to have a DRY summer!

Angie--Awww...sorry the little puppy is gone. James & I go to the pet store at the mall every once in awhile and EVERYTIME there is a chihuahua puppy he wants to take it home!! I'm always in shock when I see a price for a chihuahua.....we saw one for $1100 once!! Ack!!
Hope your wigs turn out great! I'm sure they will. Is Tanner excited about this play? (probably excited about all the plays)

Jane--That is a great idea for the workout room. I think if I had one, I would hang up photos from the Before & Afters out of the WW magazine...and some from the Muscle magazine. Either it would depress me or get me going!!

Cristi--10 mins is 10 mins!! Moving is moving...that is what I keep telling myself. (if only I moved!) When I clean house I really get my body moving in ways that I'm reaching and stretching....I used to do that at Sony too....reach and stretched as I worked.....now that I sit at computer all day....what do I do? Maybe I can figure out a way to work out my legs as I sit there. I'll have to put some thought into that.

Yesterday was Tim's first day on my shift. So during breaks I gave him a tour as to where to go for breaks instead of the rinky dinky breakroom they provide for everyone!! Our building is connected to the hospital so I showed him where the hospital cafeteria was and the dining room. I also showed him all the stair ways to get to somewhere instead of the elevators!! And...instead of walking back up the stairs...I took him out front of the hospital outside and walked around all the way back to our building....told him it was a good walk. He said I had a great routine! (if only I did that everyday!!)

Well...need to hop on my gazelle and think "toned thoughts"

You all have a wonderful evening!
Closed Thread