Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 08:09 AM   #136  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Short postie here, too. Feeling a bit brighter today. I facilitated my writing group last night and all went well. I'm taking a four-day weekend starting tomorrow and hope to finish painting the kitchen with DH's help.

Ceara, I'm THRILLED to hear that toxic co-worker quit -- isn't it great when situations resolve themselves? We seem to keep missing the big snow, although it seems to snow a little bit every day. My co-editors in NY have had at least 4 major snowfalls that we've escaped here in PEI.

Have a terrific day ies! Love to all!

Last edited by Arabella; 03-24-2005 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:56 PM   #137  
deleted2

Default Me-Me post....sorry.

I've realized today that I'm losing some of the tone I had when I was doing more strenuous workouts, so I have to get back to sweating more. I did one of my 'Firm" videos today and had a blast. Don't know why I ever stopped. I'll probabaly be sore tomorrow though!

Anyway, I wanted to share my intention for more strenuous exercise and ask for support there.

Still feeling congested.....

Old 03-24-2005, 07:48 PM   #138  
Momma Frog

Eydie-I've always heard that a good workout is great for a cold. Just not too much because then you can really get sick!

I'm almost done reading the South Beach Diet book that a friend let me borrow. After almost finishing this book, I've realized it's the same daggone thing I was doing (that this time made me gain weight). Onto plan B.

I don't have a plan B!!!

I guess I really should get to moving more. I feel like I don't sit still w/the baby, but maybe it's not the right moving. Bellydance DVD's here I come (again).
Old 03-24-2005, 09:10 PM   #139  

Kaylets, hurrah and hooray! I can only begin to imagine.......

Ceara, hope the union thing went well and you can put co-worker behind. Wood Nymph, enjoy that well deserved four day weekend. Eydie, feel better. Dance with abandon, Frogger. Nothing personal, Wildfire. We're all glad you're back and 'tis true the palace gets empty from time to time lately but when it heats up, it's hard to keep pace.

Great news from this wing of the palace. - Nephrologist told dh yesterday that his lab work has improved and it does not look like he'll need dialysis "in the near future". He's still flying. Will need to get iron IV but he says that's naught compared to dialysis. We are blessed.

Bad weather (and stress, I'm sure) has flared up my RA. I'm improving but aggravated because when flared I'm not my old sweet self. I'm also on my fourth day of eating as little sweet stuff as possible. I miss my jelly beans. Friend is going to bring me some pb easter eggs but she's waiting until Monday because I want to keep my run going a few more days.

QOD - Nope, no cruise.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:20 AM   #140  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

Mornin' all! No the Union thing did not go well. I'm afraid they and I aren't seeing eye to eye. So I'm sure there will be changes ahead. May just lighten up my life a lot. Unfortunately I think we both fell in each others eyes. I know that my level of respect fell. I can't waste any more time or emotions. What is done is done, can't take it back. However, I won't be as trusting or gullible again. That's me...the hard-hearted, nasty, mean, rude etc B****.

Great news on the dialysis Anagram! What a load lifted! Just keep pluggin' on...those dreaded jellie beans or Easter eggs can't have you..'til Monday!

Anyway I have to run...still need to format the ring assignments and posters for Sundays' show, and I have brekkie with the parentals this am.....and set-up at noon...I think I'm tired.

See y'all later! I'll likely lurk over the week end. Watch out for big hairy white things with pink ears. They like to stuff sugar down your throat!

Ceara
Old 03-25-2005, 09:01 AM   #141  
Empress/Queen

Just a flyby, sorry I'm always doing that these days. Having some major life probs related to accident ... but anyhow, I'm on Day 69 of the SB thingie.

Sword Bearer, sorry re the union situation. Hope you feel better soon; it's hard when you get shafted and lose that feeling of trust in people and things. Dogs are better!

E, I'm needing to perk up my exercise as well ... WE NEED AN EASTER TO MAYDAY EXERCISE MOJO CHALLENGE! I'd post one but ...

Anagramatic!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO DH FOR THE GOOD NEWS ON THE MED FRONT!!! That is terrific!

Frogger, the Sugar Busters plan I'm doing is very similiar to SBD Phase II. You might enjoy reading the SB books as well ... dunno, I've had the most remarkable life change from doing so.

I don't have a Plan B either, if this falls through, but it won't!

Wood Nymph: Enjoy your four-dy weekend!!!!

Bye all!
Old 03-25-2005, 09:33 AM   #142  

Hugs to Ceara re union situation and to Empress E re accident related problems. And special congrats on staying sugar free in light of all.

Still dragging here today. Weather to be gloomy as far as forecasts reach. Sigh! However, goin to bunny w/ the princesses tomorrow and they are usually, almost always, pretty certain mood elevators. Except when they're cranky, or sick, or whatever - like the rest of us. DD has said I need not bring anything (foodwise) and she's not a cook (for sure) so won't be too tempted foodwise. Basic stuff. It'll just be the skittyzillion E. baskets that will be there. Fortunately I'm not a chocoholic so that part won't be too bad. It'll be my pb egg from friend and the jelly beans for dh. I've gone w/dolly clothes for the girls again. Cutest little swinsuits w/purple sunglasses and blowup dolly innertubes. (I'm in my second childhood.) Also taking them some veggie chips made w/canola oil. They are not big on veggies despite all my efforts so this is a sneaky way...........

Have a great weekend all. Don't know if I'll be back before Monday or not at this point.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:35 AM   #143  

Whoops, just noted your chart, Empress, and that you're at the 100 MARK! WOWZA!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 11:45 AM   #144  
deleted2

Anagram, what great news---made my day to hear that!

Ceara, a pox on that wretched person. At least she's the EX-coworker. Good for you for deciding to not sink any more energy into it.

Amarantha, sorry you're having difficulties. It'll pass, it really will. Are they able to repair your car? BTW, I know it's my fevered imagination but I feel better and tauter already since doing the 'Firm' video yesterday. I'm committing to every other day.

Frogger, which bellydance DVD's do you have?

Old 03-25-2005, 07:01 PM   #145  
wsw

hi all! have been thinking about you. trying to catch up on posts, but for now, wanted to say hello and i have missed the royal kingdom. my back has been on the rampage again/still, and have had trouble sitting up at computer for any length of time, but thought i would sneak on for a bit now. fortunately, i haven't gone hog-wild this time while being laid up, so grateful for that. i have remained cafeine-free too, which is pretty darn good for me. (it has been 2 full months now!) well, regal ones, i am thinking of you, and hope everyone has a pleasant holiday weekend. take care.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:49 PM   #146  
Empress/Queen

So good to "see" thee, Wsw!!!! I know we all think of you often, too, when you are away from the computer. Please have a wonderful Easter and congratulations on not going hog wild and remaining caffeine free!

Thanks, E; yea, things pass ... but it's good to be reminded and I appreciate your support, as always! Congrats on doing the Firm ... those old ones really killed me, I must dig 'em out. I'm also committing to every other day at a higher intensity. I've put my walkin' pard on notice that I intend to run a bit when we meet tomorrow.

Re the car, noppers, no one has contacted me to tell me zip about it since they hauled it in. I presume they will sometime, only hope it's before I run out of insurance days on the rental. With my luck, they've not even started on my car yet or already totaled it and forgotten to contact me.

Thanks Anagramatic for the hugs and congrats on the sugar free and the 100 pounds (technically, I have .8 to go to the 100, but it's all good, hope I don't gain this week as have been eating a bit more, although still on program).

I must tell ya all that the Sugar Busters WOE (modified slightly by moi, of course) has become a religion of sorts to me, that's how strongly I believe in it ... it's not more powerful than a locomotive or faster than a speeding bullet, and, well, I'm obviously not Superwoman yet, but ...
Old 03-27-2005, 12:09 PM   #147  
Empress/Queen

Well, now I AM officially below a 100-pound loss ... have been there before but NOT heading back in the other direction this time.

Have a wonderful and HOPPY Easter, s!!!!!

I'm in brevity mode as I have to do some work.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:39 AM   #148  

Hello all!

Have to admit I was caught offguard when I couldnt get here over the weekend....

This weekend was very emotional ......the news stories are so sad, long talks w/ friends and family all reflect the same ...a reminder to keep the priorties in front of us ....

Although DS made an appearance for a few minutes Thursday, that was the only contact from either child this weekend....Dh is trying to get beyond a bad chest cold so I'm not so sure how much that affected him but I do feel sorry that he has to deal with it at all.....

Empress! You really are so inspirational....you have met so many challenges and always find a way ..... you regather your motivation and just give it your best upper cut! And with such humor! GOOD FOR YOU!!

To everyone, big hugs .... You are very important to me....

Thought of the day :

"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above and overcome."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Question of the day :

"Do you eat eggs?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 03-28-2005, 07:08 AM   #149  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

QOD..yes I eat eggs...farm-fresh right from our own ladies. We have no rooster, so they are virgin eggs

The week-end is over...yes. The show went well...and I think I have food sensitivities. Judging by my reaction on Saturday night...so now I need to figure out what they are...Am reading False Fat, which is making a lot of sense to me.

I have to compose a letter of resignation today (not job), and do a lot of running around. So I'm off. TTYL, and have a great Monday!

Congrats Empress for your victory against the dreaded sugar and the submission of the scale! WOW!

Ceara
Old 03-28-2005, 09:59 AM   #150  

Well, I hate to admit but at least I'm not as redfaced as I was 2.5 hrs ago....

Couldnt find my carkeys to get to work.... finally called DH who checked his vechicle and sure enough... my keys were on the seat ....

The bus doesnt come anywhere close enough to the house to walk so I had to call out....
I got very upset but am trying to just remember I'm human and things happen....

arrrrgggghhhhhh.......

so, I have a load of dishes run, started a load of wash, ran around the yard and pickd up orphan paper, wrappers, etc and put a pot of beans on to quick soak....

DH says I have bigger priorities which is why I "misplace" things lately....

I wonder....

Anyone else around??

Just made a fresh pot!
Closed Thread