Old 02-17-2005, 07:57 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Just stopping in to let everyone know I am still around. I just haven't had time to log on and catch up. Have been having a hectic work week and yesterday took my hunny to the doctor because he was having chest pains and to check on his leg pain. He has to have an Echocardiogram, and an MRI. I will let you know how it turns out. Right now I am off to walk. I have been walking every morning. So anyway, I ask you all to pray that my hunny is ok. And I will check in later.

Love you all,
Skitt
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:44 AM   #32  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Wanted to let you all know that I did make it back from Texas. I had to return straight to work and also fit in a kitchen show, so I haven't had time to even finish unpacking yet, much less sleep or post here.

*hugs* I missed all of you!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:16 PM   #33  
Gloria

Welcome back Andria. I was wondering where you ran off to. Can't wait to hear about your adventures in Texas. Hope to talk to you soon.
Gloria
5 dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:10 PM   #34  
Hang In There

Hey Lucky Guess what I did this morning!!! My Oxycise commuter tape.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:19 PM   #35  

Thumbs up

Skitt, I hope your hubby is okay.

BarbG, way to go on the Oxycise.

I haven't been here much because my Dad isn't doing so well health wise. I am either on my way to see him, working, visiting him or sleeping. I have been running out of time most days.

I will check in for sure Sat !!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 09:30 AM   #36  
Gloria

Wow, everyone is so busy. I hope your dad will be okay Lucky. We will be praying for you.

I am on the South Beach diet and i got this article by way of email. I thought it was interasting. I guess exercise helps in more ways than just being able to fit into those cute clothes.
Gloria

Getting Rid of Cellulite

Tired of your "cottage cheese" thighs or underarm ripples? The truth about cellulite is that almost all women have it, and no cream, pill, or diet can eliminate it. So what can you do to combat cellulite?

Cellulite is the top layer of fat just beneath the skin. Its dimpled appearance is due to the way strands of connective tissue separate fat cells into compartments. Women tend to have more cellulite than men because their connective tissue forms a honeycomb-like pattern that allows fat to poke out through the mesh. In men, connective tissue forms a much firmer crisscross pattern.

The best way to reduce the appearance of cellulite is to burn fat and increase muscle mass through a regular fitness routine. Unfortunately, you can't target a specific part of your body when exercising. Instead, try combining your regular cardiovascular workout with a strength-training program of weight lifting, yoga, or Pilates. Just 20 minutes a day can be enough to firm your legs and diminish the appearance of cellulite. Even if you can't make your cellulite disappear entirely, you'll look and feel better and will be healthier, too!
5 dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:37 AM   #37  
a work in progress...

Well, I'm all for getting rid of those dimples! Thanks for sharing, Gloria. Ya know every time I type out your name, all these different songs run through my head! G L O R I A...Gloria!

Skittles...I hope that all is well with your hubby. I'm glad he's getting testing done. Too often people just brush off real symptoms. Hugs and prayers to both of you. I'm glad to hear that you're walking every day!

Lucky...I hope that Dad is doing okay. Hang in there, girlfriend.

BarbG...You reminded me...I've been wanting to search for my Oxycise tapes. Commuter tape, huh? Hmmm....sounds interesting.

Andria...Can't wait to hear about your visit. Or is it X rated?

Cheryll...I'm with you. I'm not a huge fan of exercise machines. They're great if you have the discipline to USE them! The ones I've owned were useful only as 'valets' to hold my clothing! I much prefer an exercise class...step or some kind of aerobics. Even an exercise tape at home....just something to keep me moving around. I guess it's all a personal choice, though. What EVER gets you moving is good!

Tricia...I've been meaning to respond to your post about limiting yourself to contentment level. I have a different twist on that. I've worked at the same job, more or less--different shifts--for almost 30 years! In the back of my mind, I've always considered myself somewhat of a failure for not moving on, moving up, finishing college. But when I really stop to consider what I've done with those thirty years, I realize that had I not worked there, I never would have met my husband. Working there for so long has given me the leeway to finagle my hours to suit our family's needs. One of us has always been able to care for the kids, we never needed to put them in daycare. My kids have gotten 'equal time' with both parents since we'd alternate our time off to be with them. The little bits of time that we do have all together are precious, and we enjoy each other's company immensely!

I guess what I'm saying is, if you're searching for something, try looking from a different angle, you may find exactly what you're looking for!

Well, I've been here WAY longer than I intended. I have GOT to get to sorting the mountain of pictures that I have for the photo montage we're making for Mom and Dad. Somehow, I took this upon myself and now I've been procrastinating for days! (like now, for instance) TIme to get cracking'!

Today is Mom and Dad's actual 50th anniversary! We're going down tomorrow for Mass, where they will renew their vows. And there's a big snowstorm predicted! Just makes me that much more thankful that we planned the big party for April! (Not that we haven't ever gotten a blizzard in April!)

Have a great weekend all!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-19-2005 at 11:46 AM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:24 PM   #38  

Talking

Stop do not post here but join us on "Sanctuary - #10 Everyone Welcome"
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote