Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 12:18 AM   #31  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
Is a nor' easter worse than a sou' wester? I know nothing about wind.
I believe a sou'wester is what you wear in a nor'easter.

The computer ate my reply and I'm pouting about it. In the meantime, here's a picture of a sou'wester -- on the Gloucester fisherman.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gloucester_Fisherman.jpg (30.7 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-14-2005, 01:45 AM   #32  
loves kleenex box art

It is 12:45 a.m. and raining. I want to play a game. I learned this game on one of the kids' forums. I can't play there because they address things like school, sex, homework. Things I know nothing about.

To play, you end your post with TPBM (the person below me) then you make a true/false statement. For example, if Kiwi had said, TPBM tucks in her shirts. I would reply Fasle .. my poptarts don't reach my waist. Then I make one.

TPBM is belingual.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:29 AM   #33  
fatter than U

Umm...true? I can order my pork chops from the butcher in two languages. I'm not so good at games. Besides, I'm in the middle of making heart-shaped cherry jello and stuff because it's Valentine's Day and we all just love each other so d*mn much.

TPBM had chocolate for breakfast.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:55 AM   #34  
loves kleenex box art

False .. gave up sugar for Lent.

I am at work but my boss is home ill. I have no Valentine. However, DS and I are going out tonight to see a play. "Cookin'." Anyone seen this or know about it?

Kiwi, what schools you gonna go see?

TPBM has freckles.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:56 PM   #35  

False, but I have some lovely age spots on my hands.

Tomorrow is the day I leave for Arizona! I don't have a thing packed. Totally unprepared, but that is how I travel. Geez, Cowper, DS will be a world traveler before he's 21. I'm jealous. I think the only place I'd been by that age was southern California and BC. Oh wait. I haven't gone much further than that at 48. I'm sorry you're having boss problems. Maybe she's not so much psychopath or sociopath, but extremely narciscistic. No empathy for other ppl, only sees things as in how they relate to themselves. I think this is my dad's description.

DH has been so sweet the last few days. He's missing me already.

TPBM ..... oh I'm so dense, I can't think of anything..... is under sunny skies today.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:55 PM   #36  
loves kleenex box art

Yes, high today of 72.

Wabby, one quote I found is "Those who can't love, want power." Does that narcisstic? I'm new to this psychology stuff.

Where's Kiwi. It's not Spring Break yet. And Bagz. It's not shop-grand-opening time yet.

TPBM bought new Christmas decorations in December.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:53 PM   #37  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, true, if you count a fresh wreath and a couple of doodads to trim it with...

Cute game!

Wabbit, have a wonderful time at the spa! I will be thinking of you luxuriating in fabulous surroudings and eating gourmet, healthy food. Ah, lovely.

Haven't planned out the spring college trip yet, but I think it will include Boston and NYC. Especially Columbia U., and Harvard, Tufts, Brandeis, Emerson, maybe. Maybe Barnard and Vassar. Bard. Heck if I know. That's just a tad too many for a week, eh?

TPBM posted a message before I got finished with mine. Making her TPAM.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 02-14-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:45 PM   #38  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

gakkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!! the damn shop lease is going before City Council tonight---if they 'pass' the resolution,i think i can begin painting and cleaning tomorrow night---i think i will take my camera so i can get some before and after shots---------TPBM is thinking of loosing weight this century.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:28 AM   #39  
loves kleenex box art

True, I think of loosing weight each morning.

Went to see Cookin' last night. If you ever have a chance, GOOOO. I don't remember laughing so hard ever. Audience participation was a riot. LIterally. The story involves cooks preparing a feast. At one point, this hilarious guy got the audience screaming and clapping then his "boss" ordered him offstage to do some chore. The "boss" looks at the audience, pretends the applause is for himself and starts doing magic tricks. So funny!

TPBM prefers coffee to tea.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:32 PM   #40  
fatter than U

Cool

False. Coffee is evil and makes me wonky. A nice cup of orange pekoe is my poison.

I'm siiiiiiiiiiiick. Woke up in the middle of the night feeling vaguely nauseated so I took half a seasick pill and have been lying in bed all day. Called off all my egagements and did nothing. Still feel weird - headache, stomachache, earache, kind of flu-like but with no fever. This will pass by tomorrow, right?

The play sounds funny, Peachy.

Bleh. I'm going back to bed.

TPBM exercised today.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:00 PM   #41  
Member w/ messiest house

Ssshh Don't tell. False. Bad me. Although the day is not over yet; it's only 2:53.

I'm going on the bus with a gaggle of teenagers to a band competition tomorrow. Won't that be fun?

I'm sorry you're feeling so icky, Sug. It sounds a lot like what I had a few weeks ago. It went away It was really only about a 24 hour thing, but the nausea lasted a few days.

All that beautiful snow we had last week is totally wrecked: it snowed this morning and turned to rain so now we have giant snowbanks of wet, compressed slushy crap. And I didn't even get out into the beautiful snow. I'm a dope with no gumption.

TPBM has been running around like a chicken with her head cut off all day.

Kiwi
Old 02-16-2005, 02:25 AM   #42  

False... I've been lying around like a chicken with head cut off... a LONNNNG time ago.

I think I have 8 of 10 official burnout symptoms.... thinking of clients when I'm at home, wanting to avoid them, etc. etc. Since I had so few I took TWO days at home and mostly slept and knitted. Oh, and several loads of laundry. It was "unseasonably" warm... it is 68 at 1:00 am.... and I only looked at the pansies and watered them... along with two new trees. The Helleboruses must wait.
DH's roses are opening orangely on the livingroom table. He is a dear.
I was depressed and out of sorts. Might be back on the psychic treadmill... tomorrow will tell.

Kiwi... beautiful floral avatar.
Hope psycho bosses all fall into a crevasse during spring thaws.
TPBM was an alternate for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:04 AM   #43  
loves kleenex box art

True. The cover is a girl from Panama City and they said they didn't want to have two of us in the same locale.

How do you get a new avatar? I mean I've done it but not easily and not all the ones I want.

Thank you for the kind sentiment Painty. We have no thaw here however.

Anyone heard of that new diet. I forget the name already. Four letter word that's the name of a Brazilian berry. Oh well.

TPBM has an Elvis imitator among her admireres. Said she's purdy.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:38 AM   #44  
fatter than U

Talking You Ain't Nothing But a Hound Dog

True! He's 8 yrs old, likes to go around singing "Don't Step on my Blue Suede Shoes", is STILL suffering from and Oedipus complex, and thinks I'm the purdiest thing this side of the Great Wall of China.

Now dh has the flu. Excellent! He got up in the middle of the night to get a hot water bottle and has been in bed ever since (local time: 4:36 p.m.). He called in sick to work,something he never does, so he must be really ill. Ds8, aka L'il Elvis, also went to bed with a stomach ache right after school but seems to have made a miraculous recovery. We'll see. Looks like I won't have to cook dinner tonight.

TPBM is making reservations for dinner.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:10 PM   #45  
loves kleenex box art

False. Pizza Hut doesn't take reservations.

Chicken soup for all, Sugar?

DS is going to Berlin, Munich, some other places and flying out of Frankfurt. Sounds sooo wonderful. I wanna go!

Actually, IF I had the money I could go. But this week's Time Mag's cover story is on what teachers hate about parents. It tells of this senior class at the end of the year. A bunch of mom's showed up at the school and an administrator asked them what their purpose was that day. They said it was the last day these kids would eat lunch together and they wanted to watch.!! DS should appreciate me after that. I may hover but I try not to embarrass him.

TPBM puts extra vowels in their words. Very colourful.
Closed Thread