Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 12:21 PM   #16  

Peach, cool is definitely not me. I'm middle aged, a little chubby, very married, and boooooring.

Bagzie, I'd be a blimp if I worked at your market!!! There are no decent restaurants in our little suburb and I still manage to pig out on bad food. If I had good food I'd be lost. Re: my excuse for not walking outside --- Only my very early rhody is blooming a few of those teeny daffodils, and they're blooming because its so wet and rainy! So that's my excuse, although today it's absolutely gorgeous out.

I always think of the tampon love talk when I think of Charles and Camilla. Eeeeew!

Lush, there's a party here every day - that's why you need to hang out here, instead of drudging away with those cleanie friends.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:06 PM   #17  
loves kleenex box art

What is wrong with those people? I mean the Royal Family of Canada who reside in the U.K.? Why aren't they nice and normal like me?

I have figured out that my boss is the perfect person to work alone. She gets tons of work done, shares none of it with anyone, keeps all information to herself, delegates copying and unloading boxes to her staff. She's efficient and mean. She likes no one. In public, she is perfect. Always smiling. Knows exactly what to say. Back in the office, she has something negative to say about everyone. And I mean EVERYONE so I know she talks about me. Bad for morale. I hate this.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #18  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
by the way-----how are you making out withj this miss Pakistan-bull-tank
What in heck are you talking about?

Yeah, we've been having a whopping nor'easter. I guess we've gotten at least a foot of snow and it's still coming down. We let DD drive over to a friend's house last night for "movie night". Figured there wouldn't be any school today, so no harm in a little fun. We decided to let her drive herself despite the weather because we both feel like she's got to get used to this kind of weather -- I refuse to let her soak in the local "old lady" mentality where the women stay home if the weather gets a little icky: we've always driven in the snow unless it's really too dangerous. Anyway, her friend had gone off somewhere else and not told her, so darling dear instead of coming home, decided to go to another friend's house -- one who lives out in the woods like us but out the other side of town. She called when she got there (I was not thrilled with her at this point), and we told her to come home in an hour. Well, an hour later she calls to say she's heading out. Good. Fine. Five minutes later the phone rings again. Not good. Ring of doom. DH answered it -- fortunately she was not flipped over in a ditch, she had run out of gas! In her friend's driveway! Well, she got a ride into town to get gas and made it home, rather late.

So that's the adventure of the day. DD said as they were driving to the gas station, all the street lights in town went out and a transformer blew and sent sparks all over. Lovely, huh? We haven't lost power here thank goodness, the snow is not as wet and heavy as predicted. It's drifting like crazy; I'll have to take pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
What do you think about those two crazy kids Charles and Camilla tying the knot in April? I loooooooooooved Diana, but I suppose if these two have stuck it out for 35 years they're meant to be together.
I think they deserve each other. You gotta wonder if that gene pool has been irretrievably muddied. Is William any more of a man than Charles? Hope so. Do they still have the rule about marrying divorced people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Where do we join the Beer Belly Bovine Bloatfest?
It's right next door here -- um -- Valentine Challenge, or something like that? I haven't posted there yet.

Gross gross gross. I made coffee with this packet of "Irish Coffee" someone gave me. Gross gross gross. And it was Godiva brand -- shouldn't that be good?

I think I'll break out my new pasta roller machine I got for Christmas and make flat things. Who's up for flat things?

Kiwi
Old 02-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #19  
loves kleenex box art

Paki-bull-tank = Lush

Charles and Camilla should double-date with Brittany and her hubby.

I'd be too scared in snow. Florida is so normal and unsnowy.

I am depressed and grumpy. What to do? I went to the library and checked out Fat Albert cartoons. Will that cheer me up?

No flat things. They're on my gave-it-up-for-Lent list.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:51 PM   #20  

Hey Kiwi! I think I'm the "old lady" you were talking about! I don't ever drive in the snow because we only have it once or twice a year (if that) and it only lasts for a day or so. I stay home and bake cookies on snow days. I don't own a pair of mittens or snow boots. I've got lots of umbrellas.

Peachez, time to look for a new job. Nothing like working w/ a not nice person to make you miserable. Life is too short. Look for something new.

What kind of flat things?
Old 02-11-2005, 04:19 PM   #21  
loves kleenex box art

Has to be either noodles or pancakes. What else is flat?
Old 02-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #22  
Member w/ messiest house

Your boss sounds like a sociopath.

It is still snowing. My various family members managed to return home safely once again. DH is in the kitchen roasting a chicken. So I may or may not get around to the pasta roller. We shall see.

Kiwi
Old 02-11-2005, 05:06 PM   #23  
Member w/ messiest house

Darling Cowp, it's Britney, as in Whitney, not Brittany as in they've actually heard of the region in France.

I don't think my pasta roller makes pancakes. I'll bet I could make some killer lasagna noodles though!

Wabbit, you're excused from driving in the snow, as that would be considered driving in a foreign land when you live in Oregon, and you'd need an international drivers license. However if you ever move to snow country and still don't leave the house when it snows, I reserve the right to call you an old lady.

DH is changing out the processor on my computer to one that is twice as fast. Isn't that exciting? He's also going to swap one of the hard drives to a bigger. I think I'll back up some of my data before he rips the thing apart. You know, not that I don't trust him or anything.

Kiwi
Old 02-12-2005, 08:12 AM   #24  
fatter than U

Default Flat things and t*mpon l*ve

Yes, people from the Pacific Northwest and Soutwestern B.C. are excused if driving in the snow freaks them out, right Wabby? But we are experts at hydroplaning.

Guess what? I EXERCISED! 3 miles (45 minutes non-stop walking action with upper-body weight) with Leslie!! I actually feel so much better than yesterday seeing that I'm a raving PMS lunatic at the moment.

Peachy - I can't believe your boss is still giving you grief. Same old thing as before, huh? You need to work somewhere where you can be your own boss.

I think the thingie about not being able to marry a divorcee is still in place so they're scrambling around trying to figure out what to do since if Charles ever becomes king he'll officially be the head of the Church of England. I heard that they'll have a civil ceremony and then be given a blessing, but not a real church ceremony afterwards. I have a feeling that Charles will let William become king and then we'll all be relieved because he'll choose a hottie wife (NOT like Britney) and we Canadians can hang posters of her on our fridges.

I am all for flat things. Dh came home with some kind of flat mozarella cheese in large sheets that you can put something inside and just roll up like a tortilla and cut into pieces. Looks very interesting.

Is a nor' easter worse than a sou' wester? I know nothing about wind.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:52 AM   #25  
loves kleenex box art

Sugar, I am too depressed to be my own boss these days. Still not over my friend standing me up for lunch.she sent me a Hello Kitty valentine with tattoos in it.

Kiwwi, I may have confused her with those cute red spotted spaniels.

I am sending DS to Europe again this summer. It's a lot of trip for the money. One of his teachers (a great teacher) does this every summer and they get college credit. Still ... it's not like I have disposable money. I'm just depressed. That's my answer to everything.

I like pancakes.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:54 AM   #26  
loves kleenex box art

The summer trip involves Germany, Sugar. Would you assume Munich? It's Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary. I wish they'd go see you.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:53 PM   #27  
fatter than U

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Still not over my friend standing me up for lunch.she sent me a Hello Kitty valentine with tattoos in it.
LOL! Oh yeah, Hello Kitty and tattoos will make up for everything. I'm sure you feel much better now.

If ds and his homies will be visiting all those other countries they'll most likely be staying in southern Germany. It's about an 8 or 9 hour drive from here to the Austrian border. We're planning on going to Cornwall for a couple of weeks some time in July/August. I was searching the internet for a place to stay and came across a guest house called Mole Cottage on Cherry Garden Street in a town called Mousehole in Penzance. Isn't that adorable? The British really know how to do cute. Unfortunately they only have enough room for three people so that's out.

Is ds still going to Spain with the Herbivore?

More hurricane force winds today and tomorrow - all our umbrellas are bent. And it's supposed to snow. I'll be taking the bus, thank you very much.

Got dh a heart-shaped bottle of wine for Valentine's Day and have been hinting and reminding for the last month so he BETTER make some kind of gesture on Monday or he's toast. Last time I reminded him he said "But I just brought you flowers three weeks ago!" Men.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:35 PM   #28  
loves kleenex box art

Yes, still going to Spain. I don't have to pay for that.

Kiwi, I searched online for "sociopath" and found lots of descriptions of her. One said, "If you know someone like this, notify the police!" That was a British site.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:46 PM   #29  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

just a little info on the boss-------------------i think i know a few of these types-----------------------------------------------------Psychopaths are intermingled with the general population and are not that easily identified. They are best characterized as persons devoid of remorse and empathy. What sets them apart is not that these two characteristics are depressed or reduced in them, but that they are entirely missing. Psychopaths are held in check only by their fear of being caught and punished; the potential impact of their actions upon others is without relevance to them, and guilt is just a word in the dictionary to them, not something they themselves experience.

Not all psychopaths are rampaging killers, constantly on the hunt for their next victims. Many live law-abiding lives and outwardly appear quite normal. They lack a sense of right versus wrong, and they do not care about the people in their lives, not even their spouses or children; the risk to their own well-being is what keeps them, for the most part, on the straight and narrow. These are not healthy individuals to become involved with, but on the other hand, they are not necessarily mere heartbeats away from taking up the nearest hatchet and laying waste to the steno pool just because it's Tuesday.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:47 PM   #30  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

haha on the steno pool remark.
Closed Thread