3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Chit Chat #110 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/53166-chit-chat-110-a.html)

Jane 02-07-2005 07:12 PM

Chit Chat #110

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies! :wave:

We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles. Please feel free to join us. :)

Tea Rose 02-07-2005 08:31 PM

Marti Marti I forgot about Marti
How could I do that, I'm so sorry, So many people ,so little time :lol: Hi Marti ,Glad to hear you had a wonderful time last night at dinner, I really like mexican food but I don't get it to eat it to often. Yes I think its time to tell James its girls time:lol: we miss you . When is your anniversary date, and did you ever get your birthday card I sent you, I think its time for a Marti day national holiday, what do you think :lol: Hope your having a great night even if your working ,"it can happen" I think. :lol:

starfish1 02-07-2005 09:18 PM

Hi Gals,

WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT.........My second posting and the page turns so I can't see what everyone wrote. Guess I'll have to do my best and get back to the others next time. It just dawned on me ladies that I'm the Matriarch of the crowd. As I said in the BIO "I'd rather be over the hill than under it". grin

First off you bunch of sillies are great. You make a body feel so welcome and I want to extend my personnal welcome to Jenn and Doreen. I think we're going to have a great time sharing lifes ups and downs. Just please God not on the scale.

Jane~ Do hope everything went well with the surgury. From being a part of the medical system in different capacities we learn that no surgury is simple but nowadays they do the miraculous. For instance my x had brain surgury 25 years ago. It was a 12 hour ordeal and laid up 6 mos. Look what they do now. On a lighter note glad to hear you tried LD even if you had to be bombed to do it. I don't happen to drink but most people the first time are usually lit up in order to get out there. One question......How do you keep these "DIVA'S" in line? I think some day we should have a "JADED LADIES" reunion. Something to think about.

Jenn~No wonder you're tired and your get up and go has gotten up and gone. I recall way back when that I was dragging also. Your putting energy out you don't realize in planning this wonderful event. Mental tiredness works on the body just like someone that was physically exausting themselves. You know that Baby Girl.... You sound very happy. Just try to relax and enjoy this wonderful time in your life. We only have one first wedding. Thank Heavens and it will be over all too soon.

Pam ~ Oh PAM, what are you getting yourself into? I believe you are a confirmed caregiver. The word no has always been hard for me to use but I finally learned that I have to operate within limits. I can not solve the worlds problems and I'm not ment to. Do be careful. You're doing so good now and you need to stay that way. Love you.

Christi~ Thank you for your warm welcome. You sound like such a sweet caring person. I too want to get to know you better.

Gaby~ Sorry don't remember your name. This is embarressing but I wanted to acknowledge you. I think you're the one that said you couldn't get over that people did Raggae with country or was that Christy?. In the last few years the Spanish influence came into country which led to the new sound. I have taught cha cha, waltz, polka and Tango to country music. It's beautiful.

To all the rest I'm so glad to be a part of this group. Promise I'll do better the next time. ESPECIALLY if you're all on one page again. Have a great day tomorrow and see ya in the evening. Nite nite. MAMA

Marti 02-08-2005 07:01 AM

Good Morning ladies--

Ellen--Oh how could you have forgotten about me!! :D Not too hard when I'm not on here all the time! I did get your card....I thank you so much for it too! My anniversary date is March 24th. And you know something.....I think a National Marti day sounds perfect!! :D

Starfish--(sorry....forgot your name already...give me a few days and I will get it down) Diane is it?? Anyway....just a heads up on the threads...when we reach about 50 posts...we start a new one. Some computers are slower than others and loading up can take a long time....so about 50 it seems to be ok. Just so you know. And if you happen to be the person who is nearing the 50th post....you are more than welcome to start the new one.

I stayed over today to get some extra time on my paycheck. Plus it gives me more PTO time. I really want to accrue some before March. By the time we have vacation...I should have 5days available. So plenty of time to take off.

I had a NSV yesterday at my friends. I walked in and the first thing she said was "Wow Marti...you've lost lots of weight" of coarse, I had to break the news to her that I haven't lost anything....but I managed to find an outfit that makes it appear that way. Hmmmm....is that really a NSV??? probably not, but I wanted to mention it anyway...made me feel good.

ok...this girl has got to get herself to bed. I need to get up in time to go visit my grandpa and my aunt and cousin. Tuesday is the day they clean his house and I try to get out there to help. (not like one elderly man makes a mess or anything).....just a good time to visit and catch up with each other.

So off I go and you all have a good morning. I talk to you later

Night!

Jane 02-08-2005 09:16 AM

Good morning ladies,

I'm running late today and now I don't have time to go back and see what everyone said! Boo hoo!

Ellen - I'm older than Marti, so do I get a national holiday first, lol? I'd like to celebrate Jane Day in the middle of June where everyone has picnics and plays volleyball and frisbee. All the banks could close, etc, lol.

Diane - the Jaded Ladies meet-up is in the works.... search down for the thread.... it's there somewhere, lol. Put your 2¢ worth in, ok? What does MAMA stand for other than momma? Did I miss something?

Marti - hey, you take that NSV, hon!!! Any time we get one, it's a good thing and needs to be savored! Have fun at your grandpa's later.

Hello to the other JL's. :wave:

Dale's surgery went fine. The surgeon cut a piece of bone, comparable to a sugar cube, out of his hip and put it in his neck. He's gonna be one sore fella today, don't you think?

Gotta get to town, and I'm running late, so I'll try to bbl,

Btw, if any newbies need the abreviations list brought up, just let me know either here or by PM, and I'll find it.

TTFN,

JEO1982 02-08-2005 09:17 AM

Good morning!

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning y'all!! :coffee:

I'm trying to stay in a good mood despite the scale... I am choosing to think about the positives of the morning. I got up early and went to the gym. I didn't let myself sleep in :D I will have to try to do some sort of exercise after work as well as the scale monster is back up to 192 :mad: I want to try to get this regulated so I'm not posting a gain every time after I post a loss.

I wanted to thank everyone for they're kind words and warm welcomes! You are all too sweet! :^:

I think that you all might be right about the planning making me tired... I was thinking about it and I had been all wound up in everything last week worrying about florists and finding a new Justice of the Peace. I took care of both in one day and that was a huge relief, since now I only have to go over the cake with my B-I-L who is making it for us, book the honeymoon (Poconos...just have to actually set it in stone) and work out our vows (I already wrote some, so no worries here either). I think my brain finally relaxed and my body wanted to take advantage! :lol:

I attached a picture of the flowers I chose, so you ladies can tell me what you think ;)

I hope everyone is having a great day!

JEO1982 02-08-2005 09:19 AM

BTW, what is a NSV? forgot to ask...

FrouFrou 02-08-2005 11:28 AM

Jenn~NSV is non-scale victory.

I'll be back in a few to say Hi and do individuals just wanted to post that for Jenn.

PamPSM644 02-08-2005 11:35 AM

:coffee2: Good morning. The sun is shining and as side from the demise of one of my Zebra Finches I'm feeling pretty good. She was around 4 and I believe thats pretty good for these tiny birds. Going to go to craft store to find a phony bird to keep the boy company. He's the same age and I'd rather not buy more birds. I have my hands full with the cats and dogs.

The xh insists he can give himself the shots of insulin so I'm very happy to let him. Eddie says he'll come home as soon as he's sure his Dad can fend for himself,maybe the first of the week. I'm not holding out hope that the X won't start drinking again after DS leaves. You just don't quit after 35 years without a support system to back you.

Diane,I do have something of the Earth Mother about me. I have a need to nurture. I love watching my kitties romp around after their fed . Something about profiding for them a happy life makes me happy to.

Jane,you mean the newbie's arn't going to have to figure out the abriviations on their own like I did? :lol3: Gee,that takes all the fun and mystery out of it. No wrinkled brow or scratching of the head. :D

Ellen,I looked and looked but no email or link for band. I even check the spam folder to see if you ended up in there. No Ellen. :shrug:

Marti, I need a whole bunch of clothes like that.

Jenn,love the flowers. You need to chat with our Ellen,she's our expert cake decorator and baker.

Where are you other girls? A big YOOOHOOO to you.

Pam

starfish1 02-08-2005 11:39 AM

Jane you are just too perceptive......grin.... Yes, it means Momma but you can call me MUMS for short. On the otherhand we might get mixed up with my real Mums who is getting married on the 5th of March......Yes, my family doesn't do anything easy. I move, my kids are coming to town for a Florida vacation with me, mums wedding and I go full time at work once again that same week. Does anyone have an extra tylenol?

Jenn~Does sound as if you're progressing quite well. Whow writing your own vows. That in itself would be a big job for me. Keep it up girl. You'll make it. Super great that you went exercising. I feel so much better when I get on my Gazelle every morning for 15 min. At least I start the day off right.

Marti~ Thanks for the advice. Computer literate I am not. As Jane notice I can't spell either but I've got a whole lotta love in me. Have to run to work and pay for my rabbit food . Will write later if possible. Everyone have a great day.

jewels2 02-08-2005 12:28 PM

Afternoon Girls,
Im on lunch break at work right now and figured I'd pop in for a minute.

JANE: Glad to hear that everything went well for Neal.
JENN: Pretty bouquet, look forward to seeing some photos!!!

Hello to Pam, Doreen, Diane, Marti, Cristi, Ellen, Susan, Katy, and anyone else I missed, there are so many now to remember!!!

Really disliking my job right now...working in an office with all women really bites sometimes!!! Im so sick of hearing the constant gossip chatter. Im the subject this week..They're all not speaking to me cause I left friday early due to not feeling well and didnt tell any of them why I left. So they're all playing the silent game with me this week....So childish, its just ridiculous how petty women can be!!! The worst part is half of them are older ladies who think they are whispering and in fact are talking so loud their secrets turn into advertisements!!! I remind myself that Im here for a paycheck and thats it. But Im really to the point of not bothering with anyone, its sickening...
Sorry for the complaining, Just very aggravated with it all today....I guess I got tipped off when one of them on friday sprayed a lysol can at me!!!! Mind you Im the last one in our dept to get sick!!! Oh well, what can you do??

Oh well back to work I guess.....enjoy your day ladies!!!!
Julie

FrouFrou 02-08-2005 02:38 PM

HI and good afternoon all~

Okay...I'm back ladies. :D Took longer than I expected. Was trying to do housework in between other things. Hey, if I have to go upstairs I may as well get something done. Wish the washer/dryer were in the basement so I wouldn't have to run up and down those stairs to put fabric softener in the rinse.But then I would just have to cart the laundry up the stairs once it is done. Oh well...at least it is some kind of exercise.

Couldn't sleep this morning so just went ahead and got up at 6:30. I never get up that early unless I absolutely have to! And until I get a job it won't happen often. Rather than toss and turn till 8:30 I just got up. So was kind of at a loss as to what to do with the rest of the day after getting things done. Think I will polish my nails later and read some more. Trying to get through Life of Pi and have to say last night while reading there were some funny parts. Figure I will be done with it before the week is over.

The weather here is horrible, can't decide what it wants to do. Woke up to sleet hitting the window and listening on the radio about all the accidents-had a 12 car pile up on one of the freeways. Anyway, then it started snowing and then/now it is raining. Doesn't look like we will get that 1-3 inches of snow afterall, or I hope not anyway. But definitely don't care for the ice. Haven't had bad weather like this in the almost 7 years I have lived here. UGH!

Ellen~went back to the old thread to find your sons link and couldn't even find your post. Did you delete it? Anyway, I figured out what I needed to do which was save it and then open it. I clicked on open first. So if you want to put here again or even pm it to me I would love to hear his song. Thought of you last night. Don't know what station or program this was but a young couple was looking for a house and the one they looked at had a red living room and dining room. The top half was red and the bottom half was a cream color, or so it looked to me. It had a chair rail and looked really nice.

Marti~you and your fish tacos girly! You are the only person I know that goes to a Mexican restaurant and gets fish tacos! I don't even think I have ever seen them on a menu at any Mexican restaurant I have been to. Not that I would eat one. LOL Now a margarita....mmmmm....that sounds good and I do like to have one once in a great while with Mexican food. Anyway, glad you enjoyed dinner out with your friends and hope you have a good visit with your grandpa today. How is he doing anyway?

Doreen~yeppers, living in CA when I was single kept me in shape also. Was a lot busier then though with the kids being younger and involved in lots of school and sporting activities. But I think being single was a big motivator in itself.

Jenn~those are BEAUTIFUL flowers! Love the colors. My bouquet was white and light pink roses with some little pink flowers in between, can't remember what they were called. I didn't have a big wedding, had it at home. But I was going to decorate nicely and have lots of flowers. I had the rose bouquet but the flowers around the house were my favorite pink carnations, except for the dozen redish/white roses DH bought me for my birthday and a dozen pink & white roses for the centerpiece. I tried to save my bouquet but it was dead the next day. I married on my BD. Anyway, I wasn't even thinking yesterday but yeah, planning a wedding is stressful and very tiring. I love that you are writing your own vows. Not good at stuff like that. Are you guys going to have a big wedding? I just love weddings!

Jane~that just sounds so painful-OUCH! So what was the purpose of this surgery? Can't remember if you mentioned it before-losing my mind. Well, I am glad that Dale is home and hope he is feeling fine. I went ahead and found the thread for the acronyms, as well as bumped up the meeting one also. I didn't even see that you were goiong to do it till after I did it. Saw Jenn's post asking what NSV is and thought I would find it-man was it way down there, on page 6 or 7 I think it was.

Pam~well, hopefully the ex will take it to heart and change his ways. But you are right, you don't just quit after 35 years without help. But then you never know. Maybe this was an eye-opener for him. Sorry to hear about your finch. I had two, Bert & Ernie years ago-loved those birds. Well, Bert died because we didn't know she was trying to pass an egg. Didn't know this till we went to get another female because they die of loneliness. We never did name her (the new bird) and about a week after we got the new one she killed Ernie! :yikes: So decided not to get another and soon after she died. DS#1 has a parakeet, really pretty blue one (he/we named Birdie, DD named her Maya Angelou) that is sooo cute! She loves music and when there is a song on that she likes she sings and dances to it, and man does she get loud!

Julie~oh my goodness...sounds like the women you work with have a lot of growing up to do. You poor thing, you shouldn't have to put up with that. I hope you said something to the person who sprayed the lysol at you, that is totally uncalled for. It really is terrible how some women carry on isn't it? I do hope it gets better for you and they think about how they are acting. (((((HUGS))))) to you sweetie.

Hi to everyone else, Susan, Katy, Katiecat, Angie, Sue, Mindee and anyone I may be forgetting. :wave: I always feel bad because I feel like I have left someone out, but not intentionally.

Well, I guess it is on with the rest of the day for me. Not sure what I will do but will find something. I need to get a couple of packages ready to be mailed tomorrow. Was going to do it today but with this weather, not gonna happen. I don't like to get out in the ice and with this mixture of stuff-ick! It is supposed to be in the 30's tomorrow but they say the sun will be shining. :crossed: :sunny:

Anyone think they will make chat tomorrow? If so I will try my best to be there. Haven't chatted in a while.

Okay...take care ladies and have a nice day! See ya :wave:

Tea Rose 02-08-2005 02:39 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone :wave:
I have to start getting here earlier, You girls are wearing me out trying to catch up. I woke up this morning to Amelie's loud cries, and started to look for the kittens in their bed under mine the usual places they play but no kittens,somehow they managed to get themselves almost down to the botton landing and they were huddled tight together in a little ball, on the second to last stair, my DD must have peeked in my room this morning and didn't close the door tight,so they went on a big adventure,which I don't think they enjoyed by the looks of them when I picked them up. They are so darn cute. They are now sleeping soundly on my bed. Its a really gloomy day here today , looks like rain, snow, both, something's coming anyway you look at it. Well girls I tried the red on one small wall in the hallway landing, I love the colour but I think it will be to much, unfortunately everyone agrees, its beautiful, but the way my house is set up , I think it would be overwhelming,even if I paint the botton half the cream as planned.I am not going to veto it just yet though, have some thinking to do. I hate making big decisions, :lol:
Hi Jane:wave:
I agree that You should have a national holiday,with the works , how about a parade ticker tape, a band, it could be held at disneyland, we can all go,maybe it could be a National Jaded Ladies Day, what do you think of that, :lol: I am so happy to hear Dales surgery went well, I agree he will be pretty sore today, I hope he is comfortable . how was your night with the little ones?

Hi Marti:wave:
I think I got a little dissoriented yesterday when I saw all the new names, dogs and bunnies, and starfishes:lol: Like I said thinking is unfamiliar territory :lol: I hope you made it to Grandpa's today, its nice to catch up with family you don't see all the time, well if you like them that is :lol: I hope you got enough rest and you have a wonderful day,
Hi Pam :wave:
Ahh sorry about the wee bird, when my birdie died, a year ago, his sister didn't survive ,she died the next day , and they were only 3 years old, they were together from day they were born. I bought another birdie to keep her company , but it didn't work, so I have one birdie left, I agree though I won't have another one when this one is gone,especially with all the other little critters to care for. About your X, I would agree with you there ,I don't think he will stop drinking either after 35 years, even a scare like the one he had ,asuming he veiws it as one, probably won't have much impact on him. Its unfortunate, to waste a life, without any regard for your family,but theres nothing you can do ,as you know with addictions, they have to want to change , no one can decide it for them. Ya how come we had to fen for ourselves figuring all those things out and these new gals come along and get the information for free :lol: I remember asking myself what the heck does that mean,but I didn't want to appear even more dence than I already am ,so I didn't ask, :lol: So Mrs Jane your not going to disneyland :lol:

HI Cristi:wave:
You said you were coming back and you didn't so I'm not talking to you :lol:

Hi Jenn:wave:
Glad to hear your keeping your spirits up. thats the best you can for yourself,it sounds like your doing your best to stay motivated, inspite of the nasty scale, mine was none to kind this morning either, I have the one that measures weight fat and water, and I'm not sure, but I swear it was laughing at me this morning,:lol: the nerve I say.So I have made up my mind I will get the last laugh, and defeat this peice of metal. I looked at your flowers , and they are absolutely gorgeous, I can hardly wait to see the pictures of the shower ,wedding, etc. You must be so exctied, but remember to rest so you can enjoy the many occassions. When I was young , and dreaming of the perfect wedding honeymoon, all the Brides magazines had pictures of the Pocono's Honeymoon packages and I used to think what a nice place to have a honeymoon.they always showed heartshaped tubs, ahh the romance of it all, now you can tell me if its everything I imagined it to be , since I didn't get there,:lol: What kind of cake are you having, is your B I L a cake decorator ?I hope your having a wonderful day.

Hi Diane:wave:
I have lots of tylenol , advil , just plain aspirin , whats your pleasure.:lol: My son is in a heavy metal band, and for some reason even the stereo has to be played loud, while he's sitting infront of it :lol: I also have plenty of aches and pains aside from that :lol: aging is so much fun, just as I got my head together , my body fell apart. :lol: Ok help me out here , I may not be as perceptive as Jane , but just as good looking :rofl: you are Momma , and Mums is your MOM and she is getting married, but your not, because instead of a tall dark handsome man , you got a short, intelligent,kitty cat, is that right.I'm so confused, and its so early in the afternoon.

Hi Julie :wave:
Sorry about your job dilemma, yes some women can be petty, its a tough situation to be in, especially in the workplace, because as you said its your livelihood. Don't let them get you down ,as hard as I know it is, just do your job , and know you have done your best , and hopefully this will pass. Hey watch what you say about old ladies I'm one of them :lol3:

Well Hi to all you other MIA girls, I hope you are all having a great day so far, I will be back later, to catch up on the rest of you , Susan where is you, You dissappear more that Houdini,:lol: hope everything is going well.

A DAY WITHOUT SUNSHINE IS UMMM NIGHT, :lol:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...-pig/lb/0/30//

Tea Rose 02-08-2005 03:19 PM

There you are Cristi:wave:
I did erase the post .I wasn't sure after I thought about it you girls would like that stlye of music and I didn't want to be responsible for any heart attacks :lol: .I'm so used to it Its the norm for me , but I'm sure that its not for most people in our age group and gender. I have listened to all kinds of music, growing up, parents were country, my brothers listened to heavy music, and gradually through the years explored all kinds of music , to Mozart Greig, etc in the last year. I find I apply music to my moods or activities, so with me you just never know from minute to minute, where moods are concerned:lol: If you think you really want to hear it I will post it for you but "WARNING MAY CAUSE IRREGULAR HEART PALPATATIONS, AND SEVERE SWEATING.:lol: I tried the red on one small wall last night and as I said above I love the colour but am so unsure of what to do , I will leave it for a few days. My real concern is the black accents, the two decorative chairs,on each side of the fireplace , I have fears of it looking like a brothel :yikes: but I will give it a chance before I decide. If not the red them my only option is back to the taupe shades. I guess either way it will look nice once its freshly painted, I just really hoped for a punch of colour. I may have to wait till I completely redecorate way way way down the road, and then I will probably be old to care, :lol: Your bird story was sad and funny, I had two cockateils years ago Chico and Kiwi , Kiwi never made a sound , until one day we found Chico lying in the botton of the cage, but from that day on Kiwi sang happily and loudly , so we figured , he did he in to :lol: poor birdie. My parakeet is a beautiful turquoise blue with white and she sings to my sons metal music the louder it is the louders she sings, even my bird is a metal head :lol: I hate waking up to early to get up and just lying there trying to sleep unsuccessfully, I do the same I get up, and try to start the day , but they always feel so long,don't they. The weather here is the same, gloomy something is brewing, but what I'm not sure . I hope you get some reading done, how is the book turning out now,is it better than it started out, I have started a few books that just didn't keep my attention so I put them away for another time, maybe someday I will try them again. I think sometimes with me its the mood I'm in, thats why I try to stick to more heartwarming stlye of books as often as possible. I think the washer and dryer should be next to the bedrooms and bathrooms, where the heaviest laundry comes from. Its gets harder and harder climbing two sets of stairs x 2 everytime you do a load of wash. ARRRGGGG I hope you find something nice to fill your day , you could come visit me , I'm bored to, :lol: I put the coffee, tea, whatever is your pleasure is I will even bake you a cake, pumpkin cheesecake, since you didn't get to making it at Christmas, I don't think anyone did, :( after all that humor I attempted to put into the recipe, :chin: maybe thats why :lol: Anyways whatever you decide I hope you have a nice day and I will be here all day if you decide to come . :D

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...-pig/lb/0/30//

JEO1982 02-08-2005 03:26 PM

:dizzy: well again I don't have time to do all individual posts so I'll make generalized statements and questions.

#1. What chat? And when is it? I'd like to be there if I can, so let me know the specifics... thanks! :D

#2. I will be having a decent sized wedding in a nice restuarant in town.... Probably about 80 guests.... I'm sending out 62 invitations, but all of them are to people I know won't be coming, yet I have to invite.

#3. My BIL makes beautiful cakes and I really have no idea on what kind of cake we with have yet... I think I will try to take Tim into white cake even though 'it's soo plain' because I like that flavor... I'm looking for pictures I like so I can give him an idea of what I want it to look like.

#4. I believe there is a such thing as being "scared straight" so don't give up on the X yet... I mean people have to realize the severuty of something for that to work, but you never know, he may surpise you... I hope he smartens up! :crossed:

Unfortunately I need to get back to work now so I hope I didn't leave out anything important!

:wave: to everyone! Hope your days are all going well!