Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 12:20 AM   #16  
kitty Momo

Don't worry Cristi - I have no life either - totally vegging in front of the computer.

I might go look for your email and send you a picture of Gaby. We just had them done at JC Penny.

I told my brother about the puzzle an dhe didn't seem to care. I was just too tired to deal with a fussy child. She also stuffed some pieces in her sweater sleeve and said "mine"..........I said...."Oh no they are not"...zzzzzzzzzzzzz......so tired all day.

Ya, new tires so I can travel in the dark.....lol

have a good night
Old 02-05-2005, 12:35 AM   #17  
kitty Momo

Ok- totally don't remember anyones emails - except Katy's and that is only because she wrote today- lol

Can't even remember Angies and her's has been the same for eons....

Sorry- probably won't get back on til Tuesday so if Katy has a second to forward to you all Gaby's pictures that would be fine.

so......

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - going to bed .
Old 02-05-2005, 12:46 AM   #18  
Closed

Hi Everyone
I just wanted to pop in to say Hi, I haven't really caught up on everyones comings and goings. I don't really have much to say nothing much happening in my life, My one little indoor/outdoor kitty, the one who is blind in one eye, hasen't come home for almost two weeks and I am worried about him, being it has been so bitterly cold out. Didn't want him out but he bolted past me when I opened the door to shovel the step, and haven't seen him since.The baby kittens are growing and happy they play and have started climbing already ,they are eating pablum and becoming more independant every day.Amelie has become very protective , letting some of the other kitties know she means business when it comes to babies Maddie and Milo. Maddie the little girl is half the size of her brother Milo,guess who's hogging the food source they are so cute to watch.I will be glad when I can take Amelie to get spayed so she dosen't have the stress of having anymore kittens,as much as I love them , my house is currently filled to the pet maximum ,except for emergencies.It has been really cold here with quite a bit of snow,I am looking forward to spring, and everything it brings with it. I have been reading a little,a book called The Jewels of Tessa Kent by Judith Krantz, I am enjoying it so far.Thats pretty much all thats going on in my life right now .Angie and Katy I see you enjoy knitting , I did a long time ago , don't think I would remember how now, I actually just finished a book called The shop on blossom Street, which was a knitting shop, I really enjoyed the book, I might think about trying that again. It sounds like you both enjoy it,Angie you little ktty Milo is so cute,and growing, his fur has actually lightened somewhat and is so soft, he has bright blue eyes I will send you a picture soon.I hear my boys are scrapping ,Oh I remember the teenage years, fighting over hairspray and belts and school pants LOL , and I have one of each, (((HUGS AND MORE HUGS)))) Cristi,I finally got a new bed, well mattress set, when I moved here and I have been adding peices to my bedroom set,for five years, my kids bought me the armoire for Christmas, so except for some pictures for over my bed ,and an area rug, my room is finally finished. Its the first time I had a beautiful bedroom set. Except for a few accent peices ,and plants I think I have reached the end of my decorating challenge, for a very very long time aside from painting, and general maintenance. I have been completely focused on this house for five years now, and as much as I love decorating I'm tired, Now I have to work on my gardens outside, and Me, probably in that order, Pam ,sorry to hear that the prognosis for the X isn't good, hopefully Eddie can get things settled there and come home as soon as possible. It must be extremely quiet there for you. I know you will be so happy to have him home, Jane I had a heck of a time getting into the forum today , took me all day, I don't know why it kept rejecting my password, but I made it in, after a frustrating day of being denied access, How is your Grandaughter and you Brother in law doing ? (((HUGS TO ALL)))) Katy , sorry to hear that your family has been under the weather, there is so much flus and colds, going round and round. (((HUGS AND GET WELL TO YOU ALL)))) Marti I see your still as busy as ever , Glad to hear you got your kitties fixed, it sure is a load of your mind not to have to worry about that, Hope your family is well,.Katie I had a root canal and it was extremely painful, before and after, since that time the tooth broke apart and fell out, and I wondered why I went to the expence and suffering to end up with a hole in my mouth, It will feel better, hopefully sooner than later,(((HUGS))) Susan it sounds like your life is as interesting as ever, never a dull moment with you is there, Can you even imagine what it will be like when this is all over and you gain some peice of mind, you will probably die from shock.LOL Its has to be near an end soon.(((HUGS))) to you and the girls, Well to everyone else Mindee ,Sue Kathy,Julie and If I missed anyone I apologize, but I hope you are all well, Marti I was wondering if you did get your Birthday card, I hope so. Well I'm pretty tired so I guess I will say goodnight for now, sleep tight girls,

I
Old 02-05-2005, 12:57 AM   #19  
kitty Momo

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. whoa....

Ellen!!! Hey....you woke me up with all your chatter!! lol. Missed you!!

Yep- as my life shurns,,,,,,,,anyway, wish I knew your email. Gaby is so cute....I almost have Angies....I keep wanting to call her Ally Cat but that ain't it......lol

anywho....best get.....time to go get the Gabster

Happy to see ya posting!! Now we need Shanna to pop in and say hello....

night
Old 02-05-2005, 07:35 AM   #20  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies!!

Angie - what are your plans for the purple Barbie lunch kit? Sounds like you meant it for the guys in the play, somehow? I love scarves, too, and in the winter, wear them outside my coats, to match my outfits. Some are silky, some are knit. Love em!!

Katy - the bad thing about hospice is that there can be no life saving techniques going on. Jerry's kidneys are failing, and now they have to decide whether or not to do dialysis or not. I hope they don't put him through that but you never know. So glad you're all better at your house.

Cristi - we have 2 phone lines, too, and I hate paying for them! But cable internet isn't offered out here, or I'd have it in a heartbeat. The conference we went to is for science teachers. There were some cool exhibits, but I have to admit I was glad to leave when we did, lol.

Pam - did you get your sister all lined out at the hospital? I sure hope your son is home soon. My DH was Fern's guardian, and there is a ton of legal stuff that goes with it. Having an attorney to handle things is the way to go!

Marti - Neal seldon uses this computer, since he has access to a cable-connected one at school. We all know what's gonna happen when he retires, lol.

Susan - hope you get some good rest this weekend! Just kick back and relax with your sweet girls!

Ellen - there you are!!! So glad you are feeling better and made it back to us. I have read some of Judith Krantz' books and like them. I'm pretty sure she wrote Scruples, didn't she? That book was sooooo good!!

I gotta hurry and call Maggie! Today I'm cleaning and doing laundry and making Amish Chicken Noodle Soup. Mmmmm...

Bbl,
Old 02-05-2005, 08:24 AM   #21  
RosieKate

Good morning all...
Susan - Just got the pix of Gaby, so I will forward to all the emails I have. They are absolutely adorable! Well....sorry about your a.m. I can relate. It must be something about being 3...'cause my daughter wasn't in the best of moods either - good thing we are re-scheduling.

Jane - Jerry's kidney conundrum reminds me of something we went through with my late BIL. He was in hospice, dying of AIDS, and some Einstein decided to biopsy his liver because they thought it was cancerous. I remain pi** ed about it to this day... Who cares if he has cancer - he was at death's door anyway! I hope Jerry is spared uncomfortable and unnecessary procedures...BTW other than this incident ( which was really more the error of the teaching hospital) we are exceedingly grateful for the hospice care BIL received as it made his remining week of living way more comfortable....lots of morphine...kept his family with him round the clock...

Ellen -So glad you checked in..I have also been getting the itch to garden...when the daffodils bloom, it will really hit me. I read a bunch of Judith Krantz way back when - I liked Princess Daisy and Mistral's Daughter.

Cristi
- I've priced the cable ..It costs about $50 and month to do it here.. and I just can't afford it. I have heard from many, though, that it is worth every penny. Sigh. Someday. PS I sat home last night too - did my taxes yesterday and was too wiped out for anything else. I watched the Manchurian Candidate, which was a disappointment. The original with Frank Sinatra is way better.

Today is my catch-up day. DH is taking the kids to see Animal Grossology at OMSI thsi a.m.. I am hoping to get a long walk in and get this house cleaned up..I lost a few days this week cause of sickness and it's all piled up around me!

Later...

Old 02-05-2005, 10:42 AM   #22  
PamPSM644

Made it in this morning.

Ellen, so glad to see you. Girl, you had me worried. Great names for the babies. Can't wait to see a catch up pic.Sorry about your lost baby. I don't know whats harder. To see them put down or to lose them into the "void" and never really know. I always stay with a fur child when they have to be put down. Don't want them to start the journey alone and it's the thing I can do to show my love for them. Our Humain Society has a comfortable room just for this. They will give them tranquilizers to keep them from being afraid and give you what ever time you need to say your good bys.

Girls, you won't believe what I went though with my sister. She desides she's ready to go just after 5pm. Rush hour. Traffic on our freeways is legendary but worse at rush hour. Around 6 we get to the hospital but can't get near Emergency. It's blocked off due to security.Sister can't walk so security guard calls for a wheel chair. Sister complains she wants a gurny. Man brings wheel chair goes on and on about how he can't help her get in it because of insurance. Wants me to lift her into it. She weighs almost as much as I do but is only 5' 7". Man gets peved when I try to explain that I can't ether. After some time sister finally manages while groening and complaining, to get into chair with her knees on the seat facing backward. Wants man to wheel her in like that. No way. Wait while she turns around and forces herself to sit as best she can.Man is getting more and more angry with me. Insinuates that it'll take 9 hours for her to see someone and that I should stay there with her to carry her to bathroom ,ect.I try to explain that she suppose to be admitted. It probubly does seem curel to some who don't know her history. I can not be around my sister for long periods of time. It takes me days to recover. She drains the life out of you. She has to be the center of attention even in the midst of strangers so talks loudly and shares everything , down to the lastest and past workings of her colon. She can't leave me sitting in peace. She will insist I do this or that . She has to have this or that. I think it's a control thing. I'd rather slit my throut then spend 9 hours cow towing. It might be differant if this all wasn't her own doing, but it is. She makes something as simple as going to the doc as hard as possible and all her health issues are Meth related or enhanced. Now I have this man acting like I'm the worse person and of course my sister is eating it up.

I'm done venting here. Thanks for allowing me. I'm going to try to spend the day improving my mood.Peace ,love, and what ever is suppose to come after that. I'm to frazzled to remember.

Pam
Old 02-05-2005, 12:54 PM   #23  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Saturday Morning Ladies~

Susan~well, if brother didn't mind then what the hey! Funny though that Gaby put some of the puzzle pieces in her sweater sleeve! LOL Speaking of e-mail addresses...lol...mine will be changing in a couple of days. Whenever V gets a chance to hook it up. And THANK YOU for the pics of little miss Gaby-they are adorable!!! Now to get some ink so I can print them out.

Katy~I saw that movie also and ya know what? I can't remember much about it. I am thinking we thought it was okay-it's been a while. Maybe I just like Denzel, LOL. I've never seen the original. The internet has two different plans and the one we got is $39.95 a month which isn't bad considering what AOL is and then the phone because we have it unpublished and we have voicemail and then with all the surcharges and taxes they charge (which is ridiculous) it ends up being about $60-70 a month just for one line. So we are actually saving money by getting it and I do like the idea of saving money. I can not believe the phone company anymore-there is about $10-19 charged each month for some sort of surcharge and taxes. Geez, they tax you for everything. When we lived in OK I remember looking at the gas bill and they actually charged for the gas being delivered to our house-through the lines of course. I had never seen anything like that before and thought for sure it was a mistake. it wasn't, was something that they did. Doesn't that seem ridiculous? I mean how else is the gas going to get to us but to charge us for that. Anyway...

Ms. Ellen~there you are! I am so happy to see you here. I was worried about you lady. Thought I was going to have to come looking for ya. Hope youare feeling fine. Sorry to hear about your kitty being gone. I figure we will be working on our house for a few years to come. I am hoping not five years but ya never know. As far as decorating, painting and such probably in a few weeks we are going to paint our bedroom, the hall and the door and door going into the garage a taupe, or beige kind of color. When we first moved here I painted my bath pink and one wall in my bedroom but I am not liking the pink in the bedroom and I would like the whole room to be painted one color. Wish we could get a new bedroom set but not feasible yet. As soon as spring hits it's back to finishing the yard, fence and patio. But as far as the inside goes we have plans to put wood flooring in the kitchen, dining area, entry way and the boys bedrooms. I love wood floors! Then new kitchen countertops (corian) and I think that is it for the inside. So if we get any more new furniture it will be a dining room set. I am wanting a more modern look to go with the living room. So who knows it may be five years!

Jane~gotcha...about the conference. You and Katy talking about the hospice care made me think of two friends of V's. The one guys GF brought her dad up from OK because he was sick and she wanted to take care of him. He has cancer and basically doesn't have much time left. But they were at the hospital in KC, KS and after the doctors told him he would be lucky if he had a month left proceeded to tell him that there are two surgeries they would like to do. Ummm, what?! Why in the world would they want to do two surgeries if it is not going to help? That is just crazy to me as it was to them also. I too hope Jerry is spared any unnecessary procedures. I read Scrupples when it first came out, can't remember if it was Judith Krantz who wrote it tho...but do remember it was good also. Didn't like the movie as much. Your dinner sounds soooo good.

Pam~so sorry you had to endure your sisters wrath. It's terrible that you try to do something good for someone and they carry on that way. I am still pondering the 9 hours in emergency! EGADS! Hope it didn't actually take that long. Although, when I took DD a few weeks ago we were there about 5 and all they did was give her an IV, took x-rays and asked a bunch of questions. Ya want to know what that little visit cost? $2000! I almost feel to the floor when I saw that. Didn't understand why but they break down every little thing. Where before they charged one set fee for going to emergency now everyone involved has to get paid separately. Thank God for insurance is all I can say. Hope you can relax today and no think about your sis. And oh yeah, I remember the CA freeways all too well, especially the 405 and rush hour. Not sure why they call it rush hour when it is bumper to bumper traffic and you are moving very slowly. LOL I would get butterflies in my stomach and get freaked out anytime I had to drive the freeways out there. Not sure why because once I was on them it wasn't so bad. As long as it wasn't rush hour and certain freeways. I really hated the 405 any time of day tho.

Well, I guess I have blabbed enough. just on a chatty roll I guess. LOL Nothing much ont he agenda for today other than what I posted last night. Definitely going to get somewhere in Life of Pi. It has been slow reading. The beginning is not so interesting to me and normally when I book is like that I will put it down and start another. But for some reason this has my attention because I know it is going somewhere with all this religion and zoo talk. We'll see...

Hi to everyone else

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend!
Old 02-05-2005, 04:53 PM   #24  
GmaTo8

Katiecat - I skipped you on accident. Hope you enjoyed your Friday off. Neal made our head board, which is king-size. I showed him a photo in a catalog of one I like, and he patterned it after that. I had him sign the back of it, because it will last 2 lifetimes, lol. Anyway, did you find one you like?
Old 02-05-2005, 06:00 PM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

Oh goodness girls....will I ever catch up?????

I will be back on later tonight...James is telling me to get myself ready so we can leave. And of coarse I'm dawdling along!!

Sooo glad to see you back Ellen!!! Miss you!

I will try to catch up later girls.

Until then...hugs to you all!
Old 02-05-2005, 09:22 PM   #26  
Closed

Good Evening Everyone
It was another cold day today but it was nice and sunny out for a change, I didn't do much today, somewhat tired, as usual,

Hi Jane
"Amish" chicken noodle soup sounds yummy , I guess thats chicken noodle with a twist right?? or is it made with" Amish chickens" Sorry to hear that you BIL is having such a rough time, I hope he isn't suffering, (((HUGS))) what style of headboard did Neal make for you, its nice he knows how to do things like that, and he will do them. LOL Hope your having a wonderful day

Hi Susan
Sorry I woke you up last nightI promise I will keep the chattering down at night, Thankyou for the pictures of Gaby , she is so cute, what a sweetheart, I wish my daughter was still little, I miss that time so much.Glad to hear you got new tires on your car, so your driving safe.Did you and Katy meet up, do you live close to each other?

Hi Cristi
There is always so much to do when you buy new. My yard is narrow only 35 ft but its 300 ft, long, I have a start on the front yard ,but because of bad soil , we lost a lot of things we planted so this year we will truck in new soil and replace and finish it, the backyard will take a lot more time, we did a wrap around porch from the side door all across the back of the house,a few years ago, and we have a few finishing touches to do ,but its a beautiful place to sit out on in warm weather. I think its never ending keeping up with home maintenance,no matter how much you do , there is always something else.Is the dining room table to replace the one in the Christmas pictures, Are you keeping the wood finish,in a modern stlye.I am getting the urge to repaint when I moved in I didn't know what I wanted so I finally settled for a taupe shade, I am thinking of painting the top of the living room walls, "red" and below the wainscotting the panelling cream . I haven't decided yet , I don't know if I'm that brave anymore, I will do a sample wall first and them decide. I am longing for colour , my other house was yellows , peaches , blues and greens it was floral and colourful. When I moved my choices were completely different , maybe it was my state of mind. I like the neutral colouring but I would love some colour to, if the red fails the test I will just do it with flowers. Paint I can change furniture and accessories I can't not for a very very long time.I did the bedrooms with 6" wide plank floors and I stained them myself with a dark mahogany , they came out pretty nice, Because of all the pets, I went for a hard surface in all rooms, the hallways bathrooms and kitchen are tile and the living room and bottom landing and stairs are stone and the upper landing and stairs are stone, the main staircase stairs are painted wood with a runner, I use area rugs to soften,certain areas , but I find its easier to keep everything clean and sanitary with the hard surfaces. Corian will be nice for your countertops, thats a great surface for kitchens and bathrooms. It will be nice when you get everything finished the way you want it, hopefully it dosen't take you five years though, I can only do things a bit at a time, I do what I can myself, thats why its taking so long, I never realized how much I would appreciate my bedroom set. See once I get started on this topic I can't stop Did you manage to get some reading done?

Hi Pam
Sorry about the business with your sister, you certainly have your hands full with unpleasant situations, of late,I had a friend like that who I desperatly wanted and tried to help , it almost destroyed me, and the friend just moved on to friends who enabled the situation. Its very difficult dealing with people like that no matter how much you love and care about their well being.I hope you gained some of the Peace Love and alcohol just kidding, maybe its Haagen dozs ice cream I'm not sure,I hope Eddie is on his way home soon. Hope all is well with you (((HUGS)))

Hi Katy
Pardon my denseness but what is animal Grossology if I may ask,haven't heard that word before, gross yes ,but not with the ology. Hopefully you got caught up on your housework , its hard to keep up when , there is illness in the family. I hope everyone is feeling better now,((HUGS)))

Hi Marti
Always on the go, no wonder your tired, well I hope wherever you went , and what ever your doing , is fun and you are having a wonderful time.

Hi Angie
Hows life in the ol homestead , peaceful I hope, how are the my boys doing , better I should ask how are you doing,what or who is the purple barbie lunch kit for,I think I missed that story. I can picture you with your wonderful scarves ,its obvious you love fashion and wear it well. I used to be like that ,but it seems so long ago now. How is the play going and which one are you doing now,? Milo is so cute Angie , he is precious,as is Maddie, pictures soon , Hope your having a great evening.

Hi Mindee
Haven't seen you for a long time, how are you and your little family doing, I hope everything is fine,(((HUGS TO ALL )))

Hi Sue
How are you? are you in the sunshine or in the deep freeze with most of us, I hope everything in your family is well.

Hi Julie
Sorry to hear your still struggling with your friends attitudes, its unfortunate they don't realize how hard good friends are to come by. It will be their loss, if you decide enough is enough, I hope everything else in your life is going well,

Hi Katie
Did you buy your bed, pay your bills ,balance your checkbook ,do your laundry, and clean your messy house, wow that tired me out just thinking about it What kind of bed did you buy?? Hope you got some rest in it after all that,

Hi to Every one else if I missed anyone , Hope your having a great weekend.
I think I need a snack or drink or something all this talking has made me thirsty I hope I didn't wake Susan up again I might check back in later see who's around. since its still early, so be good girls,

Last edited by Tea Rose; 02-05-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:36 PM   #27  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....

I am still around.....we are without internet at home. so we are using the library when we can. now we are at my sister's house for our nieces birthday, so we jumped to check our email and what not.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:40 AM   #28  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

I'm going to start w/an apology for not doing individuals since I'm so behind and you're all so chatty! (which a good thing...you all being chatty)

Today James & I went to visit my grandpa. A long time coming. He was happy to see us and we had a nice visit. He has been busy making all kinds of things in his shop! He had plant stands, a bed frame, dressers and so on! I felt like I was walking into a store! I told him that I would love to bring our truck and just load it with all his stuff! He smiled and promised to make me something for my birthday. He doesn't have to do that......but I won't complain if he does.

Work has been busy. And slow at the same time. We have spurts of work. Looking forward to my friend starting up. He starts on Monday. Won't be on my shift for a few weeks or month or so...but at least he'll eventually make it there.

Tomorrow I plan on going out to dinner w/him and his girlfriend. We have been meaning to get together for dinner for our wedding gift (they been wanting to do this) and now it's almost been a year since we've gotten married!

As for our vacation plans......we haven't heard yet if either of us are approved for our time off, but we decided to go to San Francisco and just explore. Nothing really planned....just go and have fun. Which really has me excited.

Well that's about all that I have for updates on me....I'm hoping to get on the computer more. James is done playing around trying to burn movies. (for now anyway) My computer has been reallly slow and sometime I get e-mail and sometimes not....and I no longer have IM.....it's been coming on and off.....crazy I say.

I will come back tomorrow and see how everyone is doing. Sorry for not being here more often. Miss checking in with you all.

take care and have a good night!

Hugs
Old 02-06-2005, 07:47 AM   #29  
GmaTo8

Are you ready for some football?? Not me... but I do like the commercials! They're supposed to be a lot more family-oreinted today. Hopefully, no more Janet Jackson-type snafus!!

If you get the Sunday comics, please be sure and read Wizard of Id... I just about fell off the chair laughing so hard this morning. Shoulda put a woman in charge long ago, lol.

Gotta run, but I'll bbl,
Old 02-06-2005, 09:21 AM   #30  
RosieKate

Hi gals!
I cleaned this house big time yesterday and it sure feels good....when we all got sick it just fell apart. Now I am back on track...I even did our taxes. Amazing what can happen when I shoo everyone out of the house for a few hours. We can relax a little today, go to church, watch the Super Bowl. DH came home with a firethorn bush, so the spring planting has begun....

Jane - I will be sure to read the Wizard of Id today - have fun watching the Super Bowl!

Ellen - Animal Grossology is an exhibit at our science museum...my son informs me it has interesting stuff like why cats can't digest their fur balls. He liked the part that showed how cows digest their food. I think I had the better deal staying home and cleaning the toilet, lol! Susan and I do live in the same town and have bumped into each other once...trying to meet up so the girls can play and we can visit.

Cristi - Definitely stick with Life of Pi...people do seem to get bogged down in the beginning but it is worth it to hang in there. After I finished the book, I went back an reread the beginning as it shed a whole new light on the story.

Marti - Your grandpa sounds like a great guy...my late grandpa used to make stuff for me..he was such a sweetie. Enjoy dinner with your friends tomorrow

Pam - So sorry about the fuss with your sister...and bravo to you for sticking to your boundaries with her. I get the feeling your enabling days are over..... and that is a very good thing. That being said, I do hope she is able to get the help at the hospital she needs....just imagine what she's putting the staff through...

Hi Katiecat, Susan, Mindee and everyone else out there.

Closed Thread