Old 02-04-2005, 11:13 AM   #16  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

3 points for me yesterday - needed a break from exercise as I was exhausted! Is it just me, or does everyone feel a lot more tired and lacking in energy when you've got PMS?

I'm not reporting any pounds down till the end of Feb - my clothes are certainly beginning to feel looser and I feel a lot fitter though which is excellent. I really feel I am in the swing of this diet now - I'm not struggling with cravings and am naturally making healthy choices and eating less. I just hope and pray that I will see a good loss this month - or I might have to postpone the wedding! I am determined not to be a fat bride - I would just feel rotten, especially as we are getting married in the Caribbean so there is no covering up in the 30 C heat! We're not going to book the wedding till late summer, so I've got plenty of time to get on with losing weight.

CARRI - Well done on your 1lb down!

JULIE - I'm sure you'll have a great loss next week as long as you stay OP this week!

FAYE - Enjoy your weekend away.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:26 PM   #17  

Hello Ladies-
I have really been slacking on my weightloss plan the past few days...ive basically just been getting points for water. Its time to get back on track. I was talking to one of my best friends yesterday and she was like "i really hope you keep up with this weight loss, you are sooooo much happier." its kinda cool when people notice. My dad hasnt given me any more crap lately...he actually gave me money to guy new pants and things because all the ones i had were falling off of me. I was wearing a 20 and now im down to a 14. Anyways, I am not weighing in this week.

Amanda-I am always lacking energy when I have pms. Its definately a good sign when your clothes are fitting looser, keep it up!

Carri- Congrats on the 1 lb down!!

Julie-No pounds down, but it sounds like you're really staying on track, so they will be comming off in no time. Have fun skating today!

Faye-Have a great weekend away!

Both Sandys-Hey yall hope you are doing well!

Well I am outta here gotta get some excersice in before i completely fall off the wagon.
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:43 AM   #18  

Good Morning Everyone!

4 points yesterday! That makes 5 in a row!!! WOo hoooo........
This keeping track of my points with shiny stickers in my calendar is really motivating, cuz it makes me want to keep a really long string of them going. I used to just post my points and then forget about them. But this way I can look back and it feels like a real accomplishment. Try it!

Skating kinda bit yesterday It was too damn warm....low forties and the ice was slushy. Got some exercise in anyway, though. Next week we're going to the rink with the boys after kindergarten, so the weather won't be an issue. It's too warm to ski today, too. THe snow gets really slow when it's above freezing. OTOH, it's bright and sunny so I'll probably take a walk. Gotta get my sticker for today!

TOM this morning...which totally explains the scale yesterday On a lark, I measured myself this morning. Haven't done that since January LAST year. And I have lost some inches! PLus, I can actually see my hips getting smaller. So, I just have to wait till next week for the scale to catch up.

Carrie--CONGRATS on your pound down! Don't knock those 1 pound weeks...they really add up. Slow and steady wins the race.

Did I miss any other losses? Amanda, I KNOW you must be losing....but you are SMART to only weigh once a month! You have a definite depression pattern related to the scale. When you ignore it, you are so much happier! I'm so PROUD of your exercise lately....I just know you're going to look GORGEOUS in that wedding dress! Keep it up.

Nikki, don't worry about the past, just start each day clean and fresh. Once the park is in full swing, you'll be too busy to eat anyway!

Faye, hope you're having a great time on your tripl

SANDYS---Where are you both lately?? Give us some news.

Well, gotta get my day started.
TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:25 PM   #19  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

4 points yesterday - no walk, but forced myself onto the bike even though I was feeling a bit rough. I've had my walk and swim today - it's helped my PMS a little which I REALLY need!

I've bought some herbal water retention tablets and have been taking them for almost 3 days now, but they don't seem to be doing anything! I thought I would be peeing like a racehorse, but if anything I am peeing less! (too much information!) Has anyone else taken them before and how long does it take for them to work, if at all? Or have I just wasted my money?

JULIE - it looks like star charts aren't just for kids eh? I can see how it helps as like you say, it's hard to keep track of the days here. In my food journal I keep a total of my calories and log water and exercise - I then review it at the end of the week which I find really helpful. Last week I had 7 days OP with food and 6 days exercise!

NIKKI - Your friend is right - you should stick with the diet. I know in the past that when I have lost an initial amount of weight and am starting to look and feel better, I always lose focus because I am not so desperate anymore - do you know what I mean? It's at this stage that I end up putting all the weight back on because I have got complacent - so be careful! Set yourself a new target - say to fit into size 12's by Easter or something, and really go for it! Congrats on getting into the size 14's by the way - and that was nice of your dad to buy you some new clothes.

Have a great weekend everyone

Love Amanda x
Old 02-05-2005, 11:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Howdy everyone!

Been working on just getting better and I am hopeful that this time I don't have a relaspe so soon. I haven't kept track of anythng, heck it is been hard to even figure out which day it is! LOL! I know that my eating has totally sucked! Got in plently of fluids,water and juices mostly. I haven't even workedout any I know that with my body if I am still ill I just end up getting worse if I do workout so I have decided to start back on everything on Monday. The head is almost clear and that is the last thing to get better so....

Really quick now........Amanda you go girl I am sssssssssssssoooooooooo proud of you! As for the swear word of *** I got a really good chuckle out it.

Julie, wish that I could get outside with you. Plus making a new friend I think that is the best though can't have too many friends.

Carri, down 1 that is great. I know it is hard to get back into the swing of things but you will do it.

Nikki, I agree with your friend about being in a better mood with the diet and all. It has been my experience that if I loose I start to feel better bout myself and that says it all.

Faye, I wish that I could give you more insight to the fighting thing between couples but somehow I think that I wouldn't be the best for that.

There has been so much going on here illness and other stuff but finally everything is getting back to normal. Going to get bed is calling my name have to work both jobs tomorrow. Everyone have a sunny day!

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:05 AM   #21  

Good Morning everyone!

Only 2 points yesterday, we ordered out for chinese food....BUT that was after I walked 4 miles!!! in an hour!!!! and dh went snowshoeing for 3 or 4 hours on the appalachian trail. So, I don't feel even the least bit guilty Especially since I purposefully ordered just stir-fried veggies. I ate 1/2 and egg roll and some crab rangoon...so I know I was over calories, but I didn't just chuck the whole diet and pig out...I consciously chose what I was eating and stopped when I was full, but not stuffed. So, YAY ME!

We've had such a string of sunny warm days here! It's giving me spring fever, which is bad because soon I know we'll be back to cold and gray and depressing. But I'm making myself get outside everyday and my mood is definitely at an all time high.....despite TOM and other daily woes. I'm just so happy to be alive, it's disgusting! Gotta get more sunlight!!!!! It's like a drug up here. THank goodness it doesn't cost anything.

We're going to an all day superbowl party around noon. I'm guessing there'll be lots of junk, but these friends are very supportive of the whole healthy eating thing, so I know there will be a nice crockpot soup and plenty of veggies and dip. I'm going to try really hard to be good. But I"m also going to go take a walk before we go, just to keep my metabolism humming.

Sandy, I hope you stay healthy for a good long while this time! From what you post here, I'm seeing a stress/illness cycle.....do you have any time at all that is just for you to decompress??? Even if you could take just one yoga class (or aerobics or whatever you like)a week, your health would probably improve. You work 2 jobs, raise a son, are living with an ex (or did you kick him out?).....the stress you're under is pretty intense. Just don't forget to put yourself first, so that you can be there for everything else.

I decided yesterday that my reward for getting below 200 is going to be a nice new mountain bike! I'm putting away $10 for every pound I lose until then so I'll have the money when the time comes. I'm hoping by March!

Okay, gotta go take my walk before it's time to drive.

TTFN<
Julie
Old 02-06-2005, 01:22 PM   #22  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got another 4 pointer yesterday - I had a massive craving for pizza because I've got PMS, but I managed to control myself and have the low fat one I had in the freezer with extra vegetables and mozarella - and still came in under my calorie allowance! It was probably my most testing moment of recent - it was all I could do not to eat the whole block of mozarella, so I'm really pleased that I controlled myself. The good thing is that I KNEW that I would not order a takeaway pizza - obviously the craving was there, but I knew that I don't eat takeaway pizzas anymore which really helped!

I've had the mother of all walks today - I added a big distance onto my normal walk (don't know how far) and added an extra big steep hill. I was enjoying just walking around roads that I'd never seen before and ended up way off course - so that meant I'd walked even further away from home! The funny thing was that even though I had greatly increased the distance, I still completed the whole walk in 45 mins, which is more or less what it usually takes me, so I must just naturally be walking ALOT faster. I was really red faced and sweaty, even though it is really cold here today - but I felt really good!

JULIE - Good for you on treating yourself to a mountain bike!

SANDY G - Glad you are better - you did right to rest up completely and your body will thank you for it. Ditto what Julie said - you NEED to find a little time for yourself!

Love Amanda x
Old 02-06-2005, 01:33 PM   #23  
2006 - Panda Remix

Ooooooops, how could I forget! I had a sneeky peek at the scales today and I've lost 3lb!

That means I have achieved my first 7lb (half stone) target - woo -hoo! Now I'm going to crack on with the next 7lb.

I don't know if those water retention pills have taken affect - but I was certainly due a loss, so I'm really pleased, whatever the cause!

Love Amanda x
Old 02-06-2005, 02:18 PM   #24  

POINTS AND LBS THIS WEEKEND:

Julie
Amanda

Amanda
Carri

Just got home a little while ago and had tons of stuff to put away. We had a blast and it was the ultimate hotel. It was a Hilton Gardens Inn, cost us $79 a night and that includes a hot breakfast. It had super amenities, including french milled soaps and Neutra gena shampoo etc, free high speed internet access, fresh baked cookies and milk each night and lots of other stuff.

Thought you would like the laugh for the day though. I got up at 6 am to go to the bathroom, came back and Jack was awake. I asked him what was the matter and he said, "I was thinking about you." Well, you know what that means, so we did our romance thing and the fire alarm went off right after! I know we are a hot old couple, but sheesh. Jack looked out the door and didn't see smoke, but it was the whole hotel not just our room screaming alarms and sirens and strobe lights. I was scrambling to get clothes on, knowing I had to go down 3 flights of stairs, UGH! We couldn't get through the phone so Jack went downstairs, while I tried to throw on clothes and make myself decent. It was a false alarm, but darn what a way to finish sex!

I need to run some errands so take care today and not too much pizza during super bowl tonight!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening everyone!

Amanda, WTG on the 3lbs! I am so proud of you. I love getting out and walking I can't wait til it is warm enough so that I can get to do that.

Julie, a mountain bike. That is most certainly a great treat for reaching your goal. My ex is still here. I have been trying like **** to get some time to myself but with going and doing for everyone else seems to get in the way. I have already decided to start saying "NO" more often.

Faye, there is a country song "One Hot Mamma", that comes to mind. I bet that the look on both of your faces was "priceless". Hotel room $79.......sexy nightie $50.......day at the spa $150.......look on your lovers face when the fire alarm goes off PRICELESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to check in. Getting ready for bed catch everyone later.

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:05 AM   #26  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to think about why we go back to bad eating when we are being successful. What makes us eat like pigs, when we have lost weight or when we have had a successful week? Is it the plain love of food? Do we miss our favorites. Is it laziness not wanting to cook? These are all things that contribute to failure on our weight program and to be truly successful, we must learn to ignore craviings for bad things or at least learn to control how much of something we eat. I watched a program last night where a professional chef didn't want to quit his career but had to lose weight. He took a 5 gallon bucket and everytime he ate something he shouldn't he would put the equivalent of that in the bucket, ie, if he ate a cookie, another one went into the bucket, filched a piece of bacon, anoother piece into the bucket. He said, at the end of the day, he had HALF the bucket full. Maybe we should adopt something like that to show ourselves just how much we eat. Take time this week and look at yourself and see why it is you go back on your program when you are successful and then try and eradicate that behaviour forever.

morning girls! I was so pooped I went to bed at 7 last night so I am up early this morning. I will check in with you a little later

Faye
Old 02-07-2005, 11:56 AM   #27  

Good morning ladies!!
It was my best friends birthday yesterday, so I went out to eat with her to one of those slightly more pricey steak houses where you pay out the *** for a steak that is the size of like the palm of my hand. I wasn't very impressed. We went early in the afternoon because her family didnt want to miss kick off so there were maybe 3 other parties in the entire restaurant and service sucked...we had to track down our waiter like 8 times, and had to ask for something multiple times before he brought it out. Anyways I went to fill my car up with gas yesterday and this girl I went to highschool with works at the gas station and when I went in to go pay she was like "i wanted to ask you how you lost all that weight, you look really good now." sweet. Today will be a 4 point day.

Faye- Hilarious...talk about smokin hot! Glad to hear you had a good weekend.

Amanda-Good for you on dodging the craving, and even better for you for losing the three pounds!

Julie-Enjoy your sunny days while they last, its cloudy and rainy here, its so depressing. The mountain bike is a fantastic idea! its good to reward yourself.

Sandy G-Glad to hear youre feeling better. Keep focused!

Okay well, yall beauties have a wonderful day!
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #28  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi there!

Welcome back Faye - glad you enjoyed your weekend - and at least you got your exercise in!

I got 4 points yesterday - I am doing so well at the moment *pats self on back*! Like I say, I am at my most dangerous time (PMS) but I am keeping up the exercise and finding ways in my diet to include a little bit of extra fat and carbs that I crave when I get PMS (never crave sweet stuff thank goodness!). Today for lunch I had 2 slices of wholegrain toast, spread with a thin layer of red pesto, some garlic, mushroom and cherry tomatoes and some grated mozarella - instant pizza! It was only about 500 calories and it means I've satisfied my craving . Too often I have tried to be really strict and not allow myself any cheese at all - and then come PMS I end up bingeing on cheese sandwiches and pizza! So it's important to find ways to include the things you love (unless it's a trigger food) at times when you need it most. I am a lot happier on my diet at the moment because I know I can have low fat cheese (pre -sliced so I don't eat a whole block!) if I want it - I've had a pack of 8 slices in the fridge now for 2 weeks! I also make sure that I don't eat cheese two days in a row - I don't think mozarella on toast every day would be helpful on my diet, so I'll have low fat soup or something tomorrow.

I suppose I am going on about this because it ties in with Mission Monday - I think alot of the reason I end up going off track is because I feel deprived and give in at my weakest time. 99% of the time, that's why I go off track - then the floodgates seem to open and it can last for weeks.

Love Amanda x
Old 02-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #29  

Good Afternoon ladies,

2 points yesterday. Got in a 2 mile walk and water, but ohhh baby did I ever eat at the party. I'm a social eater and don't realize what I'm doing while I'm busy talking and hanging out with everyone. Back to normal today, though. I should have a 4 pointer.

Everyone sounds like they're doing great! Keep it up !!
Julie
Old 02-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #30  

Julie
Amanda

Amanda: You are doing spectacularly and will be in that beautiful dress in no time!

Boy, I got the ole exercise in today! I am spring cleaning and did the downstairs, closets, drawers etc. How do people accumulate such junk? I clean out my stuff every time we move and did it 3 years ago when we bought the condo and still have 4 bags for the Goodwill and 5 of trash! I stepped on the zipper thingy on a coat I was giving to Goodwill so now the bottom of my foot is killing me. Man is it sore. Let me tell you, the animals heard some words out of my mouth when that happened! I also broke one of my nails, darn it!

Julie: Sounds like you are having a blast with winter sports this year. Don't sweat the party, I know you and you will come right back around.

I need to get my upstairs chores done as I started right in downstairs this morning.

have a great afternoon

Faye