Old 02-21-2005, 10:47 PM   #106  

It was nice to have today off. I so needed it. Ashley went to a friend's house for the day and hubby took the car to get some work. I had about 6 hours all to myself. I was loving every minute of it.

Doc said I am doing much better. BP is down to 108/62 this morning, but my blood sugar is on the rise: 110 fasting. Doc wants me to really watch what I eat for the next 4 weeks. She doesn't want to put me on any more meds until she sees how the sugar is doing in a month. She said if I want, she'll write up a medical reason to join a gym then I can get my insurance to pay for some of it, or write it off on taxes next year. I'm also having some signs of peri-menopause (Hooray!!! Soon no more TOM!!!!!) She said that the rise in blood sugar could be part of that as well as the irregular bp, insomnia, mood swings, fatigue, and crying at anything good or bad. Also, the bp meds will cause some of that as well.

So...for the next few weeks I'm going to try to really watch what I eat. Try to keep off meds.

Noelle: We just got an IKEA a couple of months ago. It's in Tempe, but I haven't been yet. It's a good 50 miles from me and I can't justify going over there right now.

Only 3 more weeks until break. I can't wait.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:35 PM   #107  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Happy Tuesday!

Hey ladies, how's everyone doing this fine Tuesday morning? It's back to the trenches for me. Just thought I'd say hello before jumping back into this mountain of forms and files. I vegged out so much yesterday, just laid around and read my book, "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown (same guy that wrote the DaVinci Code). It was a good story but kind of the same structure as the other book...better than doing nothing though.

We ended up giving Michael a silver dollar. He carried it around all day and kept misplacing it around the house. I finally had to make him put it in his bank. Now the tooth next to the lost one is starting to wiggle alot. I'll have to think of something new...maybe a $2 bill?

Angie are you guys still shooting for opening in early March? You must be so busy. Be sure to shoot some pics of your new store though, we're all dying to see it. I would fly out there and help you out on opening day if I could. I'm so excited for you all.

Cal, I'm so glad you are doing better. Is your walking group still making the rounds after school? My two eldest sisters are going through the same thing you are, the change of life or so my mom calls it. Hope it's not too traumatic for ya The mood swings and crying jags? Doesn't every woman have those?

Julie, hope you and the kiddos are doing much better today. I wish we were all closer so we could give each other a hand.

Kempy, was that a DU function you had a great time at? You know, with all the military people being deployed out of HI, there are a lot of 'free to good home' dog ads in the paper over here. THere was a guy giving away both a yellow and a chocolate lab since he was being shipped out for a year. I so wanted to get those dogs, esp. the choclate one...but Kai would never stand for it.

Dips, you said you were a cashier trainer right? I wish they would send you out here. They opened a 3rd Home Depot out here, and for my business transactions (which I should be getting charged a 1/2% tax) --even w/my contractor resale card present--the cashiers keep charging me the wrong rate--then they try to send me to the customer service dept to get the adjustment made, instead of re-ringing it up correctly.Arrrgh....I avoid going to that one particular store

Well, I've got the someone ringing the doorbell. Gotta run for now. Have a great day all!

Ps. Hello to Cherie (where are ya?) and Summer and anyone I may have missed.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:12 AM   #108  

Hey, did we lose everyone?

I am off today so I am cleaning up around here. We are going to be getting some rain so it is a good day to stay in. I am even thinking about taking quick nap.

Noelle the DU even is the reason I was feeling so bad. I am glad it is over for a few months. Thatis so sad about all of those dogs. I wonder what ends up happening to them. I would take them all in if I could too.

I hope you guys come out to play today.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:56 PM   #109  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, where is everyone hiding??? I've been running around town doing errands and stuff. I'm feel so tired all of a sudden would love to take a nap right now Not gonna happen though. Not much going on except prepping for month-end. I've got 2 more days to get all my A/P stuff straight so I don't fall behind while we're on vacation. We leave Monday afternoon and I do not have time to come in over the weekend.

Well, maybe I'll pop back in later this evening. Hope everyone's doing great out there.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:36 PM   #110  

It must be a busy day for everyone.

Keep your fingers crossed; hubby went to the district office today near our home to check on some things for me and while there he talked to them about substituting. They looked at his application materials and found that he has a degree in French. They asked him to get 2 letters of recommendation and bring them in; they are looking for a high school French teacher to finish out the year. The last teacher was let go. He is really excited. This will be a great opportunity for him. He will take everything in tomorrow, so we will wait and see what happens. He's not certified yet, but he has been substituting for several months.

I hope everyone is doing well. It's strange to see the site so quiet. Miss you guys!!!

Cal
Old 02-24-2005, 08:50 AM   #111  
No Limit Souljah!!

Hey gals,

Just popping in to say hey. The next few weeks are going to be quite busy for me so I'll be in and out.

Noelle- I'm sorry about the no Ikea, taget, etc. But my forecast says lots and lots of snow tonight. Meanwhile your plam trees are still swaying in the warm breeze. so any sympathy I had yesterday is out the window today Sister. Byt the way. If ever I'm in the neighborhood, point me in the direction of that cashier at home depot and I'll get her ***!!

Kempy, J, Angie, Cal and everyone else, I gotta run but I'll try my hardest to drop in tonight. (I hate moving)
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:56 AM   #112  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey everyone. I have been busy. I have been cleaning equipment like crazy. We have the front almost set up the way we want it. I just need to get rid of some HUGE displays that the gift shop had and left. They are big and ugly. I have to pay my security deposit and first months rent this weekend and then we are going to get the oven and sinks hooked up. Along with the phones and electric getting turned over to our name. more bills.

We are still trying to track down a soda cooler and a 4 foot chest freezer. Then I will have all the equipment bought and I can finalize everything. Jay doesnt want to open until the end of March so that we are closer to summer when the tourists will be here.

Noelle, Have fun on your vacation. I wished I was coming. I would love to go shopping with ya. Dont feel bad we dont have any of those stores around here either. We did have a Target open up last year but they never have anything in stock that is on sale. I tried to get scooters for the kids when they were on sale but they gave me a raincheck instead and then NEVER got the scooters in again. I was pissed.

Cal, Good luck for your hubby to get the job. I will be sending good vibes his way.

Julie, How is everyone feeling at your house? I hope better. I hope you are getting some rest yourself. {{{HUGS}}}

Kempy, Have you learned any good marketing tips? How are the puppers? Did they ever get the hang of the wood floors? Rebel still slides everywhere. He loves to have the ball thrown and he doesnt slow down when he gets close to the walls.

Dips, I feel for ya. I hate snow and we have so much of it right now. YUCK!! The plow guy is going to be rich after this winter.

Cherie, Where are ya girl?
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 11:06 AM   #113  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies.

Hey Julie! I see you're online...how are ya doing?

I gotta get ready for work, I'll be back and post more later for sure.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:20 PM   #114  
so close, yet so far...

I'm baaaaack... with a nice hot steaming cup of It's going to a hectic day but I don't care, I'm going on vacation Almost forgot, tomorrow's my anniversary Guess I should make some dinner reservations if I want to be taken out to eat, huh? So romantic

Angie, you guys are sooo close to opening, I can feel the excitement. Are you guys still planning on offering goods only found or made in ME? Like that yummy blueberry jam? Good luck on finding the rest of your equipment for a good price.

In our newspaper today there was an article about people hocking Starbucks gift cards from Hawaii on ebay, the one's with the hula girl (only found in Hawaii) on them, some going for as high as $30, and that's not even loaded. A zero balance gift card for $30. Are people crazy? If any of you want one, I can get one--and I'll even put some dinero on it so you can have a cuppa.

So Julie, hope you're feeling OK and the kiddos are all better. I know you're lurkingggggg Have you been watching AI? I'm not able to watch the show as much as I'd like but I know that I have 2 favorites--Anwar Robinson(?) and Amanda Avila--I like that postal girl too but I don't know her name. Other than that, I'm not that interested this year. I do read the website television w/out pity though, that stuff is FUNNY.

Dips, yes we've got . I'd rather have snow and be able to shop at Ikea, Target, Crate and Barrel, Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body Works, and I could on about all the stores we don't have... but then I'd probably be more broke than I already am--if that's possible Be careful on the roads out there, and if you get enough, you can build me a snowman when you get home from work

Kempy, I'm glad business is picking up for you. Can electrolysis be done for facial hair? Like brow/lip area?

Cal, we're all crossing our fingers for Alberto to get that teaching position. Oooh,how exotic--you've got an italian lover who can whisper in your ear in more than 2 languages no wonder your BP is up! I'm making myself blush

Gotta run and get back to work for now...hello to Summer and Cherie
Have a great day
Old 02-24-2005, 03:52 PM   #115  

Hi girls

Noelle you caught me , yup I have been in lurking mode for a couple of days. Dd is finally getting better. Thank GOD!! This flu they had was really nasty. Temp lasts 3-4 days spiking around 104. But her temp is now gone and she is getting better . Ds is back at school. Half of his class was out with influenza. That must have been what they had. Dh is wondering if we are going to get it. I bet you can not wait to go on vacation. Have a wonderful time with your husband.

Angie getting so excited for you. I bet you just can not wait to say you have all the equipment ready and ready to start cooking!! I would love to see all the things you are making.

Hi Kempy, thanks for the window opening advice. I have been doing that. Even with the cold weather. It feels good. I hope everything is going well with you.

Dips I hope the moving process is going smoothly. Moving is a pain. But I know you have it in you to get it done right.

Well hello Cal, Summer, and Cherie. So sorry I have not been posting that much. I really do miss you girls alot, but you know how it is when life gets so hectic. Going to go think about what to make for dinner. We have been eating alot of quick things like frozen pizza just because it is quick. Oopps. Oh well I feel like i have lost maybe a pound or two anyway. I have been feeling kind of down lately. I don't know what it is. Well probally a couple of things ....I just can't wait for summer. Well sweethearts I promise to check in more often now that I have the time. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 04:01 PM   #116  

Cal forgot to say I will say a prayer that your dh gets the job. That would be wonderful. I hope you are feeling better too. How is Ashley doing?

Noelle I also forgot to say something about AI , I am glad the show is starting to pick up. I know probally not many people like this guy, but I was impressed with Bo when he sang on Monday. What did you think....? He is the rocker type but different with a great voice. I don't really think the girls are all that great this season. I think it will be a guy that wins this year unless it is the farm girl. She has a pretty voice. Well thats my AI talk for now!! I can't wait until next week to see it. Bye for now....
Old 02-24-2005, 09:38 PM   #117  

It's so great to see everyone posting. I chatted with Cherie last night. She was feeling a little down-winter blues I think she said-but she said to tell everyone hello and she'll try to post soon. I didn't realize that one of her little ones is the same age as Ashley.

Angie: I'm so excited for you and your new store. One of these summers we will come to visit Maine and I will look forward to meeting you and seeing your shop in person.

Noelle: You crack me up!! Yes, he does speak 3 languages. Lots of fun. I would like to take you up on the Hawaiian Starbucks card. I don't go there myself, but my sil and Bert love to go there. I could get 2 cards for them. You don't have to put anything on them for me.

Julie: Take care with all that snow. I'd send you some sunshine, but we haven't seen the sun in about 4 days. We have gotten so much rain that my backyard is a lake. I told a teacher I work with that if I'd wanted lake front property, I'd have bought lake front property.

Dips: Moving....the joy. You must be so excited setting up your place and going shopping. Be careful in all that snow.

Kempy: Hope everything is going well with you. Are you getting a lot of rain?

Have a good evening everyone.

Cal
Old 02-25-2005, 02:41 PM   #118  

Hey girls

Just popping in for a quick hello.

Cal I am glad you heard from Cherie. I hope she feels better soon. And if you read this Cherie, we are all here for ya. I am having a case of the blues. Probally winter related. I don't know. Just feel like I am stuck in a mood.

Other than that I caved in and had some popcorn for lunch. I popped a bag for ds and having been holding dd all day I can't really prepare anything. It was only a mini bag and ds and I shared it. Well I ate the most of it. Ugh, last night dd had mashed potatoes, some corn, little chicken and buttered bread....but today she seems like she is getting sick again. I remember when I had influenza I was down for 10 days. Blah, just worn out completely. Sorry for complaining. I can't imagine what it is like to have a child with a chronic illness. This has been about almost three weeks first ds and then dd and it is taking a toll on me totally. If she is not better later tonight or tomorrow time for an ER run. I hope you all have a spectacular weekend. Have fun for me. Take care girls and I will try to check back later. Hi everyone!!
Old 02-25-2005, 02:58 PM   #119  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, TGIF!!! Wouldn't you know it, I feel a sore throat and stuffy head coming on. I'm trying to medicate myself to kick this bug by Monday, I'm sure I'll be the one on the airplane who spreads the germs to everyone else. I'm thinking of taking some "Airborne" tablets anyway. Has anyone heard of them? They're supposed to infuse you with good stuff to ward away all the sickness and germs found in close quarters--like classrooms, airplanes, etc.

Julie, I feel for ya girl. I'm sending some healing vibes and hugs to all of you over there : . Kids being sick takes such a emotional and physical toll, on the caregiver too. You hang in there. I hope your sweet dd gets better real soon.

Cal, I will head to Starbucks during lunch. They had a few on the counter at the place I frequent but I bet they won't last for long with that news article. Enjoy the rain while you can, soon it'll be hitting 100 degrees in the summer How many more weeks til spring break? I know you're counting down.

Cherie, we love ya girl and we miss you and we're thinking about ya. If you need to chat you know where to find us.

Gotta get some work done, hello to Kempy, Angie, Dips, Summer and everyone Be back later.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 02-25-2005 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:34 PM   #120  
No Limit Souljah!!

Talking Ciao Ladies,

Wow, it seems that everyone is movin' and shakin'. This is a good thing. Everyone seems to have some really cool stuff going on.

Cal- I have my fingers crossed for you, babe. Hope the hubby gets the job!!

Angie- You are so busy with the new shop, I'm suprised you still have the energy to post. I'm bearly making it and I'm just moving. Hope all goes well. CAn't wait to see pics of the new place.

Noelle- NO VICKI SECRET??!! Now I'm crying for you Shame on me for not realizing what I had. I will never complain again (well, at least not for the rest of the week.) Because in case we haven't all been up on New York news, the train and bus fares are going up AGAIN THANK GOD I'm moving. I was paying $252.00 a month to commute to the city from Long Island. On may 1st it goes up to $267.00. The MTA sucks! OK enough venting.

Julie- we gotta start breakin out those old souther remedies. Like my grandpa would say, " Just take 2 tablespoons of whiskey a capfull of moonshine and a tablespoon of lemon juice and you'll knock that sickness right out!" Okay, it'll just knock you out but you'll fell meeellllloooowwwwww. (Okay I;m silly, I know) Seriously though, I'm thinking about your dd. Hope she gets well real soon.

Okay, quick thing on AI:

My favorite so far is Mario Vasquez becasue he's a dead ringer for Wilmer Valderama (Fes on "That Seventies Show") And he's just adorable. He had me when he sang A Stevie wonder song, "Do I do" is my JAM!

Okay, Gotta boogie. TTYL Gals!!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote