Old 02-01-2005, 07:40 AM   #1  

Default Housewives Losing Weight #32

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:01 AM   #2  

Morning all. Hope everyone is feeling refreshed this morning. Last night my sleep wasn't too bad. Dh left this morning, so I'll be missin im'. Anyway, what does everyone have planned for exercise this morning? or today? I'm thinking that I'll do my challenge her while Patrick is sleeping later and I'll go to the gym with DB this afternoon. Company always helps at the gym. My chest area to the sides of my armpits are so sore from all the chest work yesterday. The trainer had me doing lots of work on that. She had me do lunges too, which I had already done home. But I'm not sore from that. So It was a total of 80 of them. We did lots of leg lifts to the side and backwards. I had to step onto a stepper that was 3-tiers high and kick back then lunge. or step up sideways with a 2.5 lb weight on my ankle and kick to the side and then squat. SO, not only did I do 80 regular lunges, I did 45 more on that step thing and 45 squats. I hope this butt is getting smaller. I'm a bit sad though, my formal training is going to end soon. I only have 2 1/2 hours left. Which is 5 sessions . I just can't afford to keep doing it ...ya know.... I have my chart at the gym that is pages long of all my workouts, so I'll just have to follow along with it and add weight now and then. At least for one set so I know I'm progressing.

Chris, I'm so happy for you that you are starting SBD in full force. LMK if you need to talk girl. We are in the same shoes as far as the slow progress goes. You are doing great though. Keep it up. Glad to see you got the challenge in yesterday.

Penny, You ok?

Chelly, where r ya?

Kris, hope that ankle is feeling better.

Ricci, how's your little guy?

Tabitha, keep those spirits high girl.

Gretchen, that is a cute story about ds.

Deana, you are one busy woman and sexretary....And you are doing awesome with workouts and weight loss. I'm so happy for you.

Anyway, I have to get dressed and get dd to school in a half hour. Have a great day all. bbl
Old 02-01-2005, 08:26 AM   #3  

More pics ....sorry if it's too many. LMK if it's annoying.

Last edited by melmcc99; 02-01-2005 at 08:34 AM. Reason: picture problem
Old 02-01-2005, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hi Melissa and everyone,
I love seeing pictures!!! Too cute!

Nothing much planned today except a trip to Wallyworld to get some stuff for hubby and the kids. Also need Valentine's Day cards. I have a meeting at the high school tonight and I'm dragging both kids and a friend's kid along. LOL, I'm a glutton for punishment, aren't I?

Penny, I have been wondering how you guys are doing.

I have an off-topic question - for those with wall to wall carpeting. My carpet looks like crap. I have been spot cleaning it but it's not really getting it anymore. Has anyone had success with those carpet cleaners that you rent from the store? I'm ready to tear the stuff up and get hardwood, but I can't afford it right now. Help!!!

I hope everyone has a great day. I've got to get out of here now before I sit here all day!!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Melissa your pictures are great!! I wanted to mention that I can see major results in your pictures from the beginning of the challenge to now Bravo Sweetie!!

Gretchen we have our own carpet shampooer and we clean our carpets every 2-3 weeks. I'm having new carpet put in though, we have light grey and with kids that is a horrible color, and its a berber and I HATE berber carpet, I would rather have a plush carpet. But yes those rug doctors do work okay, but for really hard stains its worth the money to call the pros in

I'm having a tummy problem today, my tummy feels very sour again ugghhhh I don't know whats going on with that oh well. My new scale is already broken Zhaun flooded our bathroom a few days ago (left the faucet running) and he never checked under the sink to see if everything was okay so last night I was trying to get Taylors potty seat out and out poured the water all over my scale I was pissed to say the least. So today I'm going to get a new one AGAIN! I'm so pissed about it but crap happens eh?

Okay girls I need to go take my meds, I'll be back in a bit!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:49 AM   #6  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

HEy ladies! I'm up early so I can catch that pilates class. I hope it's good. I really need something different to catch my attention in the exercise area again. Anyway after that it's a mad dash home to get ready for school, then to school for 4 hours then home to cook and study and work on my 60 minute presentation for tomorrow!! I know you are all jelous! lol Anyway...............................

Mel, I never get tired of pics, it's great to see your family and more about you since all we really know about you is through the computer. Good job at the gym yesterday! Sorry your almost done with personal training You can do it though!!

HI Gretchen I have wall to wall carpeting that is stained too. I haven't had the professionals come in but those ones you rent do ok. I don't think it did as good of a job as I was expecting so I might suggest putting out a little extra money and getting the pros to come in. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while, just haven't justified the money yet! lol Hope you are having a good day!!

Hi Shell!! Sorry about your sour stomach. Not sure what might be causing that. However I do often hear you say you have eaten grapefruits and I know those citrus fruits can give me a tummy ache pretty good. All the acid. Especially if you don't eat much else with them. Just a thought. Sorry about your scale too Hope the next one weighs the same and not different like last time!

Deana I wasn't sure if you were meaning SBD yesterday or not. I hope I didn't sound rude. Just wanted to make sure I got it out there that it's not a low carb diet. I have always tried to lose weight while incorporating all the food groups since I know that is the healthiest way to do it and SBD really does that. So anyway..............lol of course I'll forgive you! You didn't mean it in the first place so there's nothing to forgive! lmao Hope you have a great day.

Ok ladies I wanted to respond to some posts from last night but I am running out of time. I did want to say to all of you who are watching the Bachelorette Ryan S. grew up in my hometown and we went to the same elementary and high school. He is older though so I just know him through some of my older friends. They interviewed him last night on our local news and I guess when they had the hometown dates the show came here and we didn't even know it!!! So needless to say I am rooting for him. Just thought it was cool that he was from around here! Ok really need to go now!! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Hey Jilly!!

I haven't had a grapefruit in a few days or orange for that matter lol I have had stomach problems before and I have 2 people in my family with chrons so I'm hoping its not that ugghhh!!!

you are right SBD is not low carb, Its GOOD carb and Good Fats good thing to clarify I loved your pictures too girly your family looks so happy!!

okay I'm outta here!
Michele
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #8  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default just waving as I pass through...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~LOVE TO ALL!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope to get some time to post this afternoon! Wish me luck!!

Blessings,
Cindi
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Gretchen, I have wall to wall carpet in the family room. We have our own Rug Doctor that my dad/stepmom gave us. It works great for cleaning. I have one pointer to make to everyone though. My aunt owns a carpet warehouse and after you shampoo your rug...go over it again with just plain hot water. It will suck up more dirt and get alot of the shampoo residue out of the carpet. The residue makes your carpets get dirtier faster.

We have a light beige carpet. Not good with kids. Needless to say. We ordered some different carpet last week and it will be installed next week or the following week. I'm so excited for it. We got some really pretty stuff. I'll post pics when we get it in.

Jill and Kristin-I ate my SB breakfast this morning. Since I'm going by the book...I had the veggie egg cup things. They were delicious. I'm 99.9% sure I can do this. It would be harder for me if I haven't been doing WW. My eating habits are much improved over the last year. If I started this from a non-dieting way of life, I'd have a heck of a time.

Michelle-I get tummy aches with grapefruit and tomatoes. Maybe it's the acid for you too? Sorry about your scale...

Melissa-You're pics are great! Painting is one of those things I don't have enough bravery to do with my kids. They are the mess masters. You sound so sore... It's a good sore though, huh? Have fun at the gym.

Deana-Morning! I forgot to tell you WTG on the pounds lost again. You're just disappearing right before our eyes.

Okay...I guess I better go for a bit. I have a huge pile of laundry staring at me. I'm not liking it. Just one problem with it. I had 4 laundry baskets and I can only find 2 of them. I've looked everywhere. Kinda makes me wonder if dh or the kids killed some for me. I have to boil some water to do dishes with too. Our hot water was leaking in the kitchen so dh turned it off after it turned from a drip yesterday to a regular stream of water. He's trying to find the cartridge for it but our luck..they don't make them anymore. Looks like a new faucet too.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:42 AM   #10  

Michelle, what's going on with that stomach of yours? I hope you are feeling better. FYI about that scale. Call the manufacturer and tell them it's broken, it's under warranty. See if they'll help. I once MELTED my breast pump while sterilizing it. I called Evenflo and told them exactly that and they sent me a new one for free. I said to the woman, thanks, but it was my fault. SHe said it's ok, we'll send you another. I couldn't believe it. Thanks for the compliment about my pics too. Are you still avoiding those veggies that I mentioned to you? ANd watch that whole wheat too. IBS can have many foods that causes your stomach to feel the way it does. I remember we had that talk once about that. I know, wheat and rye does that to me. But potato bread is fine. Oats are fine too. I use oat bran bread and that doesn't bother my stomach. It takes better than wheat to me too.

Gretchen, good morning to you. R u going to curves today? Carpet huh? Well, Mine is stained too and just plain dirty looking. the stains aren't too bad, but It really needs a professional cleaning. Look up the company CHEM DRY. There style is supposed to dry in one hour as apposed to 4-6. It also claims that stains do not resurface. There is also some crazy link possible between carpet cleanin...professional verision and some scary kid disease. It said something like because it takes time to dry it creates mold and the kids, especially small ones who touch the floor often, are suseptipal.sp? THat's when I did research about Chemdry. We are going to do it in the spring after the yucky snow won't be tracked in at all.

Jill, let us know how your class was. I'm curious. What is your presentation on? 60 minutes is a long time. Are you doing the whole 60minutes yourself, or is it a group thing? GOod luck. You have a busy day girlie.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:48 AM   #11  

Cindi and Chris, you are both sneaky.

Chris, I have two loads of laundry to do today. Missing baskets huh? I wonder where those little ones could have put them. Mine use them as cars and trains and gosh knows what else. GREAT job with breakfast this morning. You will get there. You just needed a change of pace. Just like JIlly needed a new class at the gym. Sometimes we all need to change what we are doing. We get bored and don't realize we probaby dont' follow exactly what we should. I'm proud of you. You will see a difference this week I bet. Call me if you need too. I'm here for you.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:02 PM   #12  
soontobethin

Morning all. I slept horribly last night. My mom called me when I got home at ten thirty. She has to move out of her rental house by march 1st, and she was upset about that. I didn't get to bed until 11, and then RJ had been waking up about every hour or so. He is whiny and cranky. I did come home and go back to bed after I took Eric to school, but still tired. I admire all of you doing SB. I tried it once and couldn't do it. Everyone is doing great with the exercise. Keep it up. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #13  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning!

Sounds like everyone is up and going already!

Gretchen- why not try the rental thing and if it doesn't work go for more drastic measures!

Chris-sorry that you and Michelle are having water problems! How long will you be without hot water? That's the pits! I'm happy that you are starting off so good, don't worry it will work for you! I have a "quickstudy guide" do you know what I'm talking about? Laminated sheet thing with info on it this one is a 6-pager. Anyway it says here that you can potentially lose 8-15 lbs. of belly fat! Emphasis on fish protein- good fats. I know you will do great, plus you have this site and the girls to help ya too! Good Luck on your first day!!

Michelle- uugh! Chrons is a nasty disorder! Maybe you only have acid problems, I do hope that you feel better. Sorry that your new scale had such a short life! You are doing fantastic though. Does the exercise make you stomach feel good? Btw- no more dizzy spells, I hope!

Cindi-Good Luck!!! Talk to ya later!

Jilly- I hope that you do good on your presentation tomorrow! An hour?????
I hope that you like that pilates class.Don't they strengthen the core of the body? I've heard they are difficult but the ladies love 'em! Have a good time.

Mel- what nice pictures of your family! The children are so cute and your dh has such a nice "wholesome" look about him. I would probably buy a car from him, he looks so honest! Well, you all look good together! Sorry to hear that you are losing your trainer. Can you do all those things on your own now? Even without a trainer I know that you are going to push yourself hard.
Go Mel!

Deana- sexretary! You still are making me smile! Work hard at curves today!
You are doing so great! Okay have fun zipping around today!

Okay, now I can concentrate a little bit more, Wallace and Gromit are off. I'm going to do some flinging! BBL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:35 PM   #14  
**Kristin**

Morning Ladies! I am here and feeling pretty good so far!
Dh ought the actual book and recipe book for SBD and gave it to me yesterday with a card....he is so sweet. I was so excited, because I wasn't going to spend the $$ on the book quite yet. I started off to a great day! I had my one diet sprite this morning with my eggs and ff cottage cheese. Then I had a snack of 15 almonds at about 10:30...next for lunch is a salad with carb well dressing (onl 2 TBSP ) and turkey breast! yum yum! Tonight we are going to make the Taco Bake for dinner I think. We had piza (the bad kind ) Last night as our "last meal" LOL, since I was laid up, I didn't want to cook...and we just cuddled I feel pretty darn good today, no pain really, and I can walk normal on it with that air cast. I came to g-mas today, but sydney stayed at my MILs overniht so they are keeping her until this evening. G-ma doesn't get out of bed, so not to tough around here today. sydney is going to be so spoiled when I get her home, LOL, they really go overboard and she acts like the biggest brat when she comes home!

CHRIS~ YAYAYAY!!! I am so glad that we are all going to be SB buddies! Jilly started a new trend! haha, love your renewed vigor! It feels so good to eat right, that will help you I bet!

Jill - All the women in your family are beautiful! What a great family Whatcha planning for dinner tonight? and how about you chris?

Mel - Hello wanda workout! You are so amazing, I wish I had time to exercise like that....I will soon enough!

WHoops, forgot g-mas coffee, I need to go get that to her and then I promised her a leg massage So I will see you all later! GO CHALLENGERS! GO SOUTH BEACHERS!!

I will try and get to the rest of ya;ll later! Hi to everyone else!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #15  

Roxy, such a nice post to everyone, but how r u today? Funny you should say that about my dh being so honest. He doesn't lie about ANYTHING! It's almost ridiculous. I mean I agree we shouldn't lie, but the other day. Abigail fell asleep and he didn't take her when he went to his aunts like he said. WHen he got back she began to say "you forgot to come get me". I said, NO NO NO, (as she had tears) Daddy didn't need to go. Aunt Margaret didn't need him to come. He later told me he didn't want me to lie to her. I said "I didn't want her to start crying" And I was so darn tired I didn't want to deal with a crying child either....OH well.

Kris, take care of that foot. Nice dh got you the SB book. Enjoy the recipes. Have fun with Gma.