Old 01-27-2005, 09:20 PM   #1  

Smile Sanctuary - #5 Everyone Welcome

What we really want in a weight loss support group, boils down to one concept; we are looking for a sanctuary.

Sanctuary means different things to different people. Sanctuary is a place of peace, rest, safety, and rejuvenation. It keeps our spirit and our sanity intact.

Many of us who have a long journey down the weight loss path find ourselves in need of a break. Sometimes our bodies crave it, and sometimes the choice isn't ours, but circumstances forces it upon us. Other times, we need the clamoring throng to cheer us along our way as we breeze past milestones and overcome obstacles.

Sanctuary can be all that as well. It is what you need and when you need it. Sanctuary can be found in good friends who aren’t afraid of your truths and in an open, honest atmosphere.

Sanctuary isn’t judgmental, neither does it discriminate or ask to be censured. It is open to anyone with a desire to share, and especially those in need of and willing to offer support
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:25 PM   #2  

Thumbs up

Well, I didn't exercise yesteday unless you count clapping, singing and
wiggeling in my chair. I went with some friends to the "Winter Dance
Party Tour".

The town I work in is on the tour because it was a stop on the original
"Winter Dance Party" with the real Buddy Holly, Big Bopper and Richie
Valens. They were all before my time but when you live in the "sticks" you have to take your entertainment where you can get it!

The people that imitated them did a great job and were great musicians. I didn't get home until 11:30 and then couldn't fall asleep - the last time I looked it was 12:55!!!! UGH

So tonight it is off to bed early. I apologize for not posting individual replies -that will have to wait until tomorrow night!
Old 01-27-2005, 09:44 PM   #3  
Hang In There

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLadyBug
They were all before my time
Pleeeeeeease......Am I really that much older than all of you?

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:55 PM   #4  

Smile

NOT a lot before my time - but before my time!!!! I am from the Beatles era!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:43 PM   #5  
Gloria

Hi all you mouse-ca-tears, I don't know if i will be able to post tomorrow. We are heading for Blairsville Ga on Sat. where its going to be icy and cold. To funny, it was warm and sunny down here in Florida today, and we are heading for the hills where its going to be cold. Do you think that maybe we have it backwards.

Laura, i will be thinking of you when we pass through Atlanta Ga. on Saturday. If you hear someone calling your name, it will be me sticking my head out the window saying hello to you.

Don't feel bad Lucky, i didn't exercise eather today. I was packing up the truck and trying to get things organized for our trip.
So tell me Lucky, what or who is a Big Booper and Richie? No, i am not that old.

I must get my body in the bed now. Hope to talk with you in the morning, but if i cant, we will talk when i get back next week.
Gloria
5 dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 07:27 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone, I didn't get a chance to go aerobics class last night, bummer. My dentist appointment went way over because of an emergency patient he was working on. So for a simple cleaning I was there for 1 1/2 hours. But I should get some exercise tonight. We are going out dancing with two other couples, can't wait for that. I'm also from the Beatles era, but I love to dance to fifties music. My husband and I took swing dance lessons several years ago, and it's excellent exercise.
Theres a band in our state that has a group called spike and the bulldogs and they play fifties and sixties music. Alot of the people wear pony tails, poodle skirts, bobbie socks, the whole bit, it's a riot. Fun. Fun. Fun. And boy do I remember the mousketeers and mighty mouse, heckle and jeckle, abbott and costello, ok, i think you get the picture.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day and stays focused. Have a save trip gloria.
Better get off to work. cheryll
c bo be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:42 AM   #7  
Hang In There

"Chan tillyy lace, and a pretty face, and a pony tail, a hanging down"

That doesn't bring back any memories? The Big Bopper and Richie Valens are the other two performers who were killed in the plane crash with Buddy Holly!
Any one else need history lessons?
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #8  

Oh, I love all those old songs. I am not old enough to have been around when Buddy Holly, Big Bopper, etc. were big. But, my grandparents owned a restaurant that I spent a lot of time at while growing up. They had a juke box and they rotated the records (old 45's) every month to keep up with the charts. But my grandmother always kept some Buddy Holly and Elvis in there. So those songs hold a special place for me - I can still see her doing her little shuffle around the counter while they played. They were packrats down to the bone and when my grandfather passed away a couple of years ago my sister and I did quite a bit of packing up their home. We found boxes and boxes filled with those old jukebox records, still in the sleeves and without a scratch. They opened the restaurant in 1956, I so we had a good 35 or so years worth of records all in. It was like opening a time capsule. We had the best time going through them all. People keep telling us how much some of them are worth but there isn't any amount of money we would sell them for.

Hmmm, having grown up around a restaurant where I was allowed to go to the kitchen and have anything I wanted might explain quite a bit. What I need to figure out now is how my sister grew up the same way and managed to stay so darn skinny.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:21 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Not to make anyone feel any older than they are...but they are all way before my time too. My parents had a ton of records though so I know all the songs. Raised on that and country music from the 70's.

Good morning all! I have a busy day ahead of me but thought I'd check on you gals. Tomorrow I won't be around for awhile. Tiana has a Basketball game at 8 in the morning and I am working for the school district tomorrow for their surplus auction. My stepmom has worked for the school district for years and they hire me and an another gal to help out with these auctions they have. We get paid $100 for the day so I'm liking it.

My back is killing me today. I don't know what I did. My arm is sore too but that's just my typical pain...Barb knows my complaint. I've whined about it on the RA/OA thread alot. Someday I'll be normal. My insurance will pay for my treatment starting Feb. 1st, so then I can get the high-priced drugs and lead a more normal existence.

Nicole is getting into things. The little stinker. Gotta go.

!chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:56 AM   #10  
a work in progress...

Damn damn damn...I just lost my post! No time to go back and start over now, but I just had to say:

Quote:
Belly dancing, I've got belly, and it can dance.
Yep. Me too!

BarbG...Hugs and prayers to you! I hope that all turns out well for you!

BarbPa...You too, kiddo! Fertile egg prayers coming your way!

Tricia...Do a google search on "the Wendie Plan." Same principle as the staggered calorie days but in a WW format. Makes sense to me!

Andria...sounds like a great move NOT going on that interview. yikes.

I can't remeber everything else that I wrote! I did go to the gym today! Woo hoo! 2nd time this week! Not as much as I'd like, but better than none. Planning on an "Aqua Run" class in the morning...so that will be three days this week. Food: good for the most part, I'll take yesterday as one of those "higher calorie days!"

Okay, gotta sleep...see you all later

katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:21 PM   #11  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Just a quick post before heading to bed. I went in for another WI yesterday, and the scale finally moved the right direction. I was down 1 lb.! Also had a pleasant surprise when I looked at my chart and realized I hadn't been up 2 lbs. on Tuesday, but only 1.5. I'm still up, but like I said, things are moving the right direction. They also did my measurements. We are supposed to do them every month, but because of my knee injury back in September, we haven't done them since early August. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I am down 15 inches. 2 inches on my thighs alone! I realize that 15 inches isn't a whole lot for 5 months time, but I spent an awful lot of that in bed or pretty much off my feet, and it could just as easily been a gain instead.

The puter screen is beginning to swim, but at least I got to read everyone's posts first. Have a great day, everyone!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

First off, Andria Way to go on losing inches. You Rock Chicka!

Quote:
Damn damn damn...I just lost my post! No time to go back and start over now, but I just had to say:

Quote:
Belly dancing, I've got belly, and it can dance.

Yep. Me too!

"Watch it wiggle. See it jiggle. Smooth and fruity, Jello brand Gelatin."
Don't ya just hate it when you type and lose it all. That just sucks.

Tricia, that sounds like an interesting plan. I will have to try that. Of course, that means I will have to start counting calories. But the concept seems logical. I'm going to go google Wendie like Kat suggested.

I am a 70's-80's girl. I remember growing up and every Sunday my dad would play big band music and Louis Armstrong, and all kinds of old stuff. I grew up appreciating all kinds of music.
Chris, I remember that 70's country music, the trucker songs, Glen Campbell, John Denver, Tanya Tucker, the Mandrell sisters., and of course, Donny and Marie. Well, just Marie, but I liked Donny.

BarbG, don't think of yourself as old, think of it as experienced.

BarbPa, How's the butt? Thinking about getting a tattoo on it now since you are getting use to the needles being poked in it? I always joked about getting one that said "This End Up." But I heard a joke on the radio the other day, this guy said he wanted to get a tattoo on his butt that said, "If you can read this, I'm in jail." I thought that was great. But then again, I have that kind of sick sense of humour.
Well, I'm still here praying for ya.

Cheryl, How was dancing? I bet you had a pretty smile after waiting for an 1 1/2 to get your teeth clean. I hate the dentist, unless I get happy gas, then I love the dentist.

Lucky, I say that wiggling and clapping and singing count as exercise, I mean you do burn calories. I'm glad you had a good time.

I got my big ball yesterday and did some exercises with my chiropractor, oh my goodness does my stomach hurt. I didn't know it pointed up like that when you do a sit up. Well, that just shows there is too much in my gut. My ball is the color I am typing with, Indigo. I think it is a little more bluish than purplish. And my chiropractor gave me a deal on it to. She showed me this one exercise for my butt, my husband said that he is going to enjoy my exercising. The dirty pig.

Well, all this talk of old days reminds me of a website my friend sent me. I will have to go get it and post it here.
Until then, Love and hugs to you all.

Still more unpacking to do,
Skitt
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

here's the memory link

http://www.thestatenislandboys.com/U_thrill_me/

enjoy
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:12 AM   #14  

Okay, the staggering of calories seems to work for me. I've lost 3.5 pounds since I last weighed Monday. Still, it could be a fluke. Guess I'll know for sure by the end of next week.

The only problem that I have with the whole thing is that the higher calorie days are really difficult. I have such a screwy relationship with food that I get a guilty, nervous feeling eating that much these days - even if they are planned calories. For the life of me I can't understand why I am so nuts when it comes to food. It seems that I have an all or nothing attitude that I can't shake. I'm either a gluttonous overeater or a neurotic calorie counter. Good Lord, I hope I find a happy medium sometime before I hit my goal weight.

The Wendie plan is pretty well the same thing and exactly the same idea. The website I went to was allyourstregth.com (I think it was under nutrition once there).

Hope you all have a terrific day. I have a ton of errands to run and, wouldn't you know it, it is going to be raining all day. It is still early - maybe I'll talk the kids in to snuggling up for a nap later instead!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #15  

Smile

Hey, I have all my chores done and am ready to post !

Well, not really ready because I have a lot to read!!!

I ate too much yesterday so am cutting back today to compensate - hope it works.

Off to read.