Old 01-30-2005, 02:53 PM   #1  
a.k.a. Roxy

Default Housewives losing weight #30~SUNDAY

Housewives losing weight #30~ SUNDAY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:54 PM   #2  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi everyone!
Yodel-lay-heeee-hooooo....anyone there????
Old 01-30-2005, 03:07 PM   #3  

ME me me...I'm here. Not as hungry today, at a bagel, Iknow it's bad, but just one. and 2 bites of mac and cheese and 5 onion rings. I picked off the kids food. ANd I just ate a granola bar. Don't worry, dinner will be healthy..

I'm in the mood to cook new things this week. Everyday was something new!! Tonight is Turkey meatloaf and bean and ham soup.

Hey Roxy!!!!!!!!!!!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:11 PM   #4  
Jeniqua

Where is everyone?!? I hope everyone is okay! Hi Roxy, How are you today?? I just got home from church and am on my way to a birthday party. Someone stop in and let us know everything's okay!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:12 PM   #5  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

mmmmmmmmm sounds good Mel! You should try that taco bake. It's better than the pizza I think. Too many carbs girl! lol Dinner better be better, I'm watching you! lol Have a great day!

Hi Roxy! Hope your day is doing good. We posted on the thread from yesterday, so we're here, just slacking off. Hope you are doing well too!

Off to the shower for me, then cleaning. I've been wallowing in mess all day and it's time I did something about it!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #6  
Jeniqua

Hey Melissa!! It's so nice to see you ladies. I'll BBL
Old 01-30-2005, 03:23 PM   #7  
a.k.a. Roxy

Well, I am having a good day, kids are off ice skating, dh is taking a nap and babies are amusing themselves. Ready for nap time. Yippee! Btw- that taco bake is great! We make it once a month, and it goes like hot cakes! It is a real crowd pleaser. Even the babies like it. Course no tortilla chips for me, but I don't even miss them, right Jill?

Oooh Turkey meatloaf! That sounds good too! Can ya tell I hate food or what? I even had a low carb beer yesterday, Michelob Ultra 2 carbs per bottle. Only one though. Don't need to drink all my carbs. Also try, Soy Slender Chocolate drink 1 carb per cup.
There's alot to choose from now. Not like years ago. They are really putting out some good stuff!
Old 01-30-2005, 03:38 PM   #8  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

I agree Roxy, it's so much easier to find healthy treats, not necessarily things you NEED to survive but I like a treat now and then and if it's low cal, low fat, sf or whatever I feel even better about it, you know? Anyway I am stalling my shower since I just washed all the towels and they are drying now. Have to wait for a dry one. TTYL!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Okay I guess I posted on yesterdays thread when I posted this morning lol

I'm down to 206.5 yayyyy I thought for sure I was going to have a gain but nope that must mean TOM will be here in the next few days.

Mel sorry to hear that you are up, It'll be gone as soon as TOM gets his nasty a$$ out of town

Did anyone else weigh in yet? I was so anxious to hear everyones weigh ins! let me know!!

Well I got up at 5:30 am today and had to be to work at 6:30 and I thought I would be so tired but I really LOVED working during the day, it went by really fast. Well I've got to compile my annotated bibliography for school and submit it soon so I'll be back later to post again.

Ohh tonight I'm having nachos for dinner, I know it doesn't sound that healthy but I'm doing lean ground beef and half ground turkey and fat free refried beans, fat free sour cream and tomatoe, and onion, pepper, and cheese which is the killer lol but its part skim mozz.

Okay I'm off to finish my school work.
Love to you all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:58 PM   #10  
I will suceed!!!

Default Girls' Night Out...

Friday was girls' night out, but two of my friends brought their H or boyfriend, and it became lonely fat girl watching everyone else have with their 'men' that she so desperately wished she had with her own h, well, not with him. But that's a long long story. Anyway, went home after I found myself crying into my mixed drink and starring at the dance floor. Ugh, drunk and crying are not a good combination. Let me just say, I don't drink on a regular basis, just once a month. I usually enjoy it, dance, have a good time. But Friday was bad. I guess it was just the culmination of a bad few weeks, and with my personal life in the upheaval that it's in, seeing all the happy couples was just too much for me.

I haven't exercised in 3 days, but today is the first day of the week, I will spend today getting my house in order for the week. I started writing down what I eat today, and am going for two weeks, to see where I can improve, though, this weekend was a bad weekend for food. 3 McDonalds cheeseburgers for lunch today...a doughnut for breakfast. And I have to ask myself What on earth is wrong with me? Anyway, I am working hard for the rest of the day to watch what I eat, and will start tomorrow right.

I hope that everyone has had a good day. Take care all!
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:34 PM   #11  

im jumping in hoping that you may be able to help me , ive just found out that im 6 weeks pregnant and still need to drop about six stone{84 llb} and since i havent been pregnant for 13 years ,my sons are 16 in july and 13 in july im not sure about whats acceptable about weight loss during pregnancy and i wont get booked into hospital for about another four weeks advice now would be great thanks again
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:37 PM   #12  

Tabitha, I'm so sorry to hear you are having a rough weekend. THoughts and prayers are with you. I know, some days are harder than others and even though you know you shouldn't be eating certain things, you can't help yourself. That's why we are here, we've all been where you are and will be again. I have bad days too. Hugs to you for the bad night. Things will get better.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:17 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'm here...I weighed in this morning and am back to the wonderful 201. I'm having such a hard time anymore. Almost feel like calling it quits. 200-201...that's where I've been since Oct. I just don't know what to do. Nothing seems to be working anymore.

Tabitha-I hear you on the being the odd man out. That is always the way it went with me, even when I was with my ex. He would always flirt with the cocktail waitresses and I'd be sitting at the table looking like such a dork. Same way with friends. It makes a person feel sooo awful. That's where I always get the feeling that I must be the ugliest person on the planet and who would want to spend time with me. I feel downright homely somedays. Like yesterday...the gals I worked with for the school auction are just gorgeous. And I mean drop-dead gorgeous.

Okay...I need to find that meat crust pizza recipe so I can maybe get dinner on the table for my family. They probably look at it and go>>>EEEWWW! I can't eat that. You can't please the kids anymore unless its macaroni and cheese or hot dogs.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Hey ladies

Okay got my paperwork done yayyy!!

Tab sorry you had a bad night I have just gotten to the point where I don't give a crap what other people think of me because I'm atleast getting healthy. So if anyone says anything mean about your weight or whatever you can say "oh well at least I can and am changing my weight, too bad there is no fixing your most unpleasant personality." It usually shuts people up pretty quick.

Kirsty, I weighed about 210 when I got preg with my 2nd child my doctor didn't recommend weight loss at that time BUT the didn't want me to gain anymore than 10-15 lbs, I only gained about 10. So the most important thing to remember is that you are pregnant, not starving, a pregnant mother only requires the equivilant(in calories) of a glass of milk added to their diets to have a healthy pregnancy, any thing more is overkill. And don't be afraid to get out and exercise it will keep your body fit and also help with labor.

Chris, don't be upset remember Mel had the same problem just stick to it and you will prevail! Keep going girly!!

Okay I'm off again! Jill, Jeniqua...you guys there...I'm just anxious to hear your WI's

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #15  
Jeniqua

Hey, I'm here!! I'm doing good. I know TOM is getting ready to rear his ugly head..uugghh.. This morning when I weighed in I was at 154 but tonight I am at 157.5. I know it's still a loss so I shouldn't be down. I will post my pics tomorrow night. It's been really busy here.

Michelle~ Congrats on your loss!! You're doing great!! I would be jumping up and down right about now. Keep up the fantastic job!!

Chris~ Don't give up! You can do this. I remeber when you had so much motivation and determination. Just push a little harder and you too will break your plateau! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Tabitha~ I am soo sorry you had a rough night. We are all in this together. You too can do this. Just think of this as a new beginning for you. Think about Tabitha for once. We get so caught up in our kids that we forget about ourselves. Once you start losing the weight you will start to feel so great about yourself. You can do this!

Mel~ Girl, you have always inspired me. If anyone has the determination I know it's you. TOM is a pain but come next week you will have lost the weight you gained and then some. So this week, lets both BURN BUTTER!! Are you in?? Lets go out with a bang.

Jill~ Hey!! You are doing so great with the SBD! I'm sure you're going to have a great weigh in.

Roxy~ I think you like food as much as I do..LOL!! I'm definitely going to try that taco salad. I think the kids would love it too. Do you know of any other low carb recipes??

Well I am off to go exercise for the day! The party was a blast. The kids had a great time. They had PIZZA! I couldn't eat it soo I guess that was a good thing. It was really nice to get out.

Penny~ Please let us know how everything is going with your cousin..still praying for ya.

Kristin~ I know you're busy but just in case you pop in I wanted to say hello and that I've continued to keep you, your family and your grandma in my prayers.

Nite!!