Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 01:49 PM   #16  

Shelley, since it's been a while, You should go ahead and get a routine exam and then have the mammogram done. May as well do it all at once, and your doctor really should examine you first to make sure he doesn't feel anything suspicious. I'm sorry you are depressed about your house. As hard as it is, try not to take what those young people say to heart. They will learn how hard it is to pay for things soon enough. Just keep up with your flylady routine and make what you have sparkle and shine...just like you!

Sherry, send someone immediately for some cranberry juice if you aren't already drinking it. NOT cranberry juice coctail, but 100 percent juice. I always mix mine with sprite to cut the tart taste. Also, if you are not taking AZO pills, get some of those. It is a pain killer for the urinary tract. I always keep them at home and work. Let us know how you are when you feel up to it.

Dee, I am wearing a TENS unit for my back right now. It has helped me so much. Have you worn one before? It sends electrical impulses to the origin of the pain and makes it so much more bearable. My brother is a physical therapist and he hooked me up to it. I don't want to give it back!!!

Gayle, like you and Shelley suggested, I am going to another doctor this week. I wore the heart monitor for 24 hours and they willl read it tomorrow. I am going to tell them to send the results to the doctor of MY choosing. I just hate being patronized like I'm a ditzy blonde who can't think for herself! I did notice yesterday while wearing it that I tended to have some fultters again after drinking a drink with caffeine in it. I'm also wondering about some of these hormonal changes and whether or not they can cause some of these symptoms. OH THE JOYS OF BEING A WOMAN!!!! Oh, and I decided to take one of the "anti-anxiety" pills they gave me at the hospital last night because I couldn't sleep. I spent most of the night trying to swat at imaginary bugs that were crawling around my room. Now that was fun. Maybe I really AM crazy! hahaha

Debbie, I'm so sorry that James is having more problems. Hopefullly they will come up with some answers for you both.

Hey to all my other Floozie friends and here's a great big group hug {{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}
I think we could all use it!
Old 01-31-2005, 03:22 PM   #17  

Gayle thanks for posting I really didn't want ot have another birthday not that I don't like presents but I just don't like my body getting any older. Geez I would need to many lifts and tucks....lol Thanks for loving me. I believe that it is easier to function with no clutter in the house, it makes for simplier living, therefore no clutter in your life. I think that we are all entitled to that one messy drawer and closet but it drives me crazy! I have one linin closet that I really have wanted to clean since I have gotten back from the hospital but I haven't done it yet. Hopefully before I leave but if not when I get back. Have you worked on your goal for the house this week yet? What have you accomplished?

Sherry how are you feeling? I had a really bad bladder infection this fall with blood too but in a few days after the meds kicked in I felt much better. Now girl listen to you, you feel bad about laying around all day when you are sick.......Sherry do you not think it is ok to take the day off? I know, I know there is lots to do and we are perfectionists. Let it go for a few days nobody cares but us. It is ok to put yourself first for once. Take care and drink some of that crandberry juice too.

Shelley my dear, why would you think that you are not a caring mom when you throw out something that hung around the house for a long time and was not put away. If it was of any value to Patty should have put it in her room. You can not blame yourself for this it is her fault so do not take the blame. You can have a house with worn out furnishings but it can still look nice. Tidy it up get rid of some clutter and a can of paint can give a whole new look. Gayle said "You know, if I ever was lucky enough to come see you, I would not even glance at your home and judge you, I know you as a person and I value your friendship regardless if you live in a castle or a grass hut." and I totally agree! I would be so happy to see you I don't care about your what your home looks like. And about your medical question Ramona had some great advice, I would agree with her. Go see your doctor first.

Debbie did you find out anything new about James back? How quickly can you get an MRI? Remember that I had to wait from May til September? That is why we went to the states and paid for it ourselves. I am sure once James has an MRI they will be able to see what is happenning and treat it approperately.

Ramona I believe in drinking cranberry juice too. It is really good to detoxify too! Where is that site for the fly lady routine? I think Gayle might have gotten everyone started on that. I would like to check it out. When I was doing physio for my back I had the tens machine on. I didn't like it at all, it just gave me more pain. I am glad that it is giving you some relief. I think that it is normal for everyone to have heart flutters in the day, most people are just not aware of it. Coffee is also a stimulant so it can cause a rapid heart beat. I am glad that they are checking into, I hope that nothing serious shows up. It is pretty scarey. So you are the new crazy lady on the block. That must have been pretty freaky with seeing those bugs crawling around. When I was in emerg once they gave me morphine and I had big crows swooping at me. I hate that. Hopefully they will figure out something soon. Take care and rest up.

Well for my appointment with the surgeon. I don't think he wants to see that his surgery didn't work this time again with all the mistakes he made. I should be pain free and totally healed by now. He is saying that my back must hurt from a pulled muscle. My foot it is a pulled muscle. He wanted to put me back on Naproxin which I was on in the hospital and it made my stomach so sore that I couldn't eat. Not going back on that (not that I wouldn't mind losing the weight). He also wants me off all the nacatics. Yeah, right my family doc had to increase them last week because I couldn't cope with the pain. All I did was walk around and say OH my back hurts. Not going to stop taking those pills either. The good news is most of the mobility has come back to my leg and foot. I need to work on moving my foot to the outside and walking on my heals. I can't seem to get up on the heal of my weak leg. So anyways he wants to see me when I get back from PV.

My birthday dinner that we went out to was definitly a surprise. I thought that it was going to have a tropical feel. NOT!!! It was a "Newfie" feel. Now being from the states you maynot get this. It is what we called Newfoundlander's. They are a breed of their own. The Lord of the Dance played and anyone that could dance like that kicked up their heals. We were asked trivia questions through out the night which we got all of them correct, therefore winning some prises. We had to give out Plege and then we were pronounced "Newfie Tobans" (Newfoundland-Manitobans). After we gave our pledge, shot back skreetch (dark rum), and was sprayed by off while kissing a cod we were official. I have a picture that they took that I want to get scanned and post to show you all but I don't have a scanner. I will see if I can find someone that has one so I can post it. It was a real fun night. Not at all what I expected. Great lobster too.

Well now that I told all I better get going.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:33 PM   #18  

State of Alert for the day.....

http://tinyurl.com/4yx2z
Old 01-31-2005, 04:09 PM   #19  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Dee....
What a cute greeting!! And so true. I have to admit I'm, Severe to High at school and Guarded to Low at home...LOL.

I'm taking James for his MRI in the morning at 9.30. They even said they would have the results by tomorrow afternoon. The pain medicine helps some and he has slept a lot today. Thanks for caring everyone.
Sherry....Hope you are feeling better today!! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF PLEASE!!

Hugs...deb
Old 01-31-2005, 08:45 PM   #20  

Hello

I didn't call the doctor today because I want to see if I can get well on my own first. I did get some otc pills and taking some antibotics that I had left over from something. I promise if I'm not better by Wednesday I'll call the doctor.THANKS everyone for asking about me and being concerned.

Ramona,
I'm so sorry that you've had to go through so much! What did they tell you today about your heart monitor? Let us know soon!!

Gayle,
How's your back? It must be really hurting for you not to be posting much. Take care sweetie and GET TO THE DOCTOR!!!! (I'm a good one to say that huh? )

Dee,
Your birthday sounded so nice! You sure deserve it! You are so sweet. Thanks so much for all the kind words. You know what? I'm sure going to miss you while you're gone! Wish I could go and take care of you!

Shelley,
Please go for your pap! Then he'll make an appointment for your mamogram. Don't delay it! Both my GrandMother & Aunt died from breast cancer. My GrandMother lost both her breasts. Also, Don't worry about your house! Just go through the clutter and throw away what you don't need or want. My rule of thumb: If I haven't use it or needed for the last year...IT'S GONE!!!

Debbie,
How is James tonight? Let us know what he finds out about his MRI. I'm sorry he's been in so much pain. I'll say a prayer for him.

Hello to Janice, Carol,Tina,Vicki,Doni & Cheryl.....Please post soon. I hope you're all ok!! BIG HUGS!

Love to all..... (I mean that!)
Old 02-01-2005, 05:59 AM   #21  

I made an appointment for next Tuesday for the pap. They said I haven't been for a pap since Dec. 2002! So that means the mammogram must be about 4 or 5 years. Time sure does fly without even thinking about it.

Sherry-I hope that you are feeling better today. Have you still been going to 2 schools? That must be so hard on you, traveling that way.

Debbie-I hope James is better. Let us know. I'm praying for him.

Dee-Loved the card! Says it all in my house with all of us girls!

Not much time, running late. I wanted to gloat, though! I ran 140 miles in January!! WooHoo!! I am so proud of myself. Now on to February.........
Old 02-01-2005, 07:00 AM   #22  

Shelley....AWESOME!!!!!!! 140 Miles Is Great!!!! You are such an inspiration!!!! Good For You Girl!!!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:44 AM   #23  
Losing it!

Dee, thank you for the cute card! I hate to admit it, but our household is a constant state of guarded to high... :-}
Too bad you are stuck with the doctor you are, it sounds like he has just forgotten how he messed up the first time. Maybe this vacation will be just what you need for your health and your spirit.
I cleaned a few Kitchen cabinets and my pantry yesterday. Today I will probably try to clean out under the vanity in one restroom, if not both. We have so much clutter, every so often I like to just go in and reorganize.

Sher, I do it myself, but did you know you really shouldn't carry over antibiotics from one illness to another? Please go to the doc if your not better on Wednesday. We can't have you sick like this.

Deb, I hope you guys get good test results! I will be praying for you. Let us know as soon as you can!

Shelley, AWESOME, OUTSTANDING, WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING! W@W!! Great job on the 140 miles! Brag anytime you want to!!!
It's been since '99 since I had a pap. I have never had a mammogram.

Ramona, did you go to the doctor????? Are you still using the TENS unit???? Steve use to wear one when he had a back injury. Are you still swatting "bugs" at your house?? LOL!

My back is still bothering me at times. I am not in pain, but it is more now like a "catch" at certain points during bending and moving. I am still reading all of the messages daily, but I have so much stuff to get done, I decided to cut back on my posting time. Still counting calories, but no loss for the past few weeks. I think it has something to do with the wine sampling! I have a catalog and I'm ready to order another ingredient batch...but, I'm not sure what kind of wine I want to make, so I've been trying different kinds from the liquor store.

Wishing all of you a wonderful day!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:48 AM   #24  
Losing it!

Oh, Dee, Shelley is the one with the site to flylady. I'm not that organized!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 02:55 PM   #25  

Ok Shelley can you share with me the site again for the fly lady? Congratulations on accomplishing far beyond your goal. You are doing great. You get bragging rights! I am glad that you are going to the doctor for a check up. I guess a house full of girls sometimes can be pretty rough. It is a pretty funny card though. I am glad that we can laugh at it.

Gayle you are doing a good cleanning job, going through your home a little bit at a time. Keep it up and all your spring cleanning will be done before spring is here. Please keep posting, I will be lonely without you. I am glad that your back is getting better. Remember watch how you bend. The weight will come off just keep counting the calories. I haven't lost any in the last week. TO BIRTHDAY CAKE!!! Well that is over with now to get back on track. You need to give yourself an early birthday present and go see your doctor. It is important to get a check up now especially that you are over forty.

Debbie did you get the results yet? I hope that they find out what the cause is of the pain. I am so surprised how fast you can get the test done. Does it cost you anything or is it covered with your insurance?

Sherry I would love that if you could come to Vallarta with me and take care of me. I bet you are the best care giver that I could ever have. After our drinks are blended we could head down to the beach, lie around and check out the cute guys. Your are the sweet one Sherry, you are always there to encourage someone. We sure do need you here. I am glad that you are our moderator. You do a great job. I agree with Gayle, when you are given antibiotics you should finish off the whole lot of pills even if you are feeling better. I hope that you see the doctor soon if you are not feeling better tomorrow. Take care.

Today I am going to my first tea time in a long time. I am going to bring my own seat so I will be good and comfy. It was so nice having the girls here last week. My girlfriend that has tea time has a husband that has recently been diagnosed with cancer. He started treatments last week. It has been pretty rough on them. Tea time is back on and I think that having some normalcy to her life will help.

Tonight we are going to the hockey game (the one I won tickets too) with another couple. Should be fun. Sure is going to be a busy day for me.

Have a good one.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #26  

Dee-Flylady's site is www.flylady.net. I love it! I shine my sink every night and I clean my toilet everyday. I'm sure this is something that Sherry does daily, but for me it was weekly!
Old 02-02-2005, 05:48 AM   #27  

Hey Cheryl--It worked! I finally lost 1 lb, so I just changed the weight in the signature. Thanks for the tip! BTW, you did great last month on the exercise front. I'm so proud of you.

Dee-You did great on the exercise also! For being down and out, I can't imagine getting in 50 miles. You are such a trooper!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:33 AM   #28  

Thanks, Shelley! I didn't meet my walking goal because I have come to dread treadmill time. This month I'm going to start using my Leslie Sansone tapes again & see if they help.

Guess what!! I may get to do some work in Cross County (where Stewart lives). They're short-handed up there and they've asked for volunteers to go up and do some loan work! I hope my boss will let me--I'll actually get to SLEEP with my husband!!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #29  
Losing it!

SHELLEY, YOU ROCK! WOWSERS! ANOTHER POUND GONE!

Cheryl, I can't see we they wouldn't let you go! it would be PERFECT for you guys, plus the company would not be out the expense of paying for a hotel. I hope it works out for the two of you!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:22 PM   #30  

Cheryl wouldn't that be great! Imagine beingab le to sleep with your husband. Something that all of us take for granted. I hope that it works out.

Shelley way to go. You are right on the target. Good job.

Gtg Larry is home for lunch.

Do I have a story to tell. I am working on it. I will post it when I am done.
Closed Thread