Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

A very bright and sun shiny good morning to everyone I love waking up to a beautiful day! Hope that darn groundhog doesn't see his shadow.

Anyway...just a quickie for me also as I am getting ready to walk out the door to head to the bookstore and Wally world. Yeppers, it's Wal-Mart Wednesday! Okay, being a little silly here. I will be back later to do individuals and possibly make chat if anyone is going to be there. Not sure about that tho, making chat. May be gone for a while so we will see.

Take care ladies and try and have a nice day. See ya laters!
Old 02-02-2005, 03:25 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good afternoon ladies~

I'm baaack...

Angie~I feel for ya...know all too well what it is like to have the kids fighting all the time. Mine are older and didn't fight when they were younger till their teen years. It was just the boys-they are like night and day and just seem to clash. I swear it is like walking on pins and needles around here sometimes-it totally drives me crazy. Now DD and DS#2 are mad at each and have been for months because of a CD incident. I had enough and told them both I don't want to hear anymore about this ridiculous stuff and to grow up! They are all in their 20's! EGADS! I also told them one day they are going to come home and I am going to be gone. Threatened to run away LOL and they just grin at me like yeah right. Don't really have any advice for ya, sorry but lots of ((((((HUGS)))))! Wanna run away together?

Susan~yeah, I think you could still go after Mike with the scissors! Like I said I don't know anything about the drug testing stuff. Apparently Katie does because I didn't even think they could take hair from under your arm or anywhere else. I guess we learn something new everyday huh?! Seems like the lawyer could put in there somewhere that Mike should have to pay all your fees connected with this since he is the one that started this all. You shouldn't have to pay $20 a day to go so far or any of the other expenses. And man, oh man does it seem wrong that they have sympathy/empathy for him for not having a job. Seems to me he has had plenty of time to get back on his feet. Not right at all! You shouldn't have to shoulder the burden because of him! I can totally understand Rocky getting upset because when I hear this stuff it makes me crazy! So unfair to you and Gaby.

Katiecat~Like I told Susan I never thought they could do a drug test with hair from other places on your body. Kind of cool the things they can do isn't it? Know what ya mean about listening to the dentist as they make their rounds befor getting to you. The drill freaks me out. I try to zone out and relax when I go but it never happens. I can't relax till I am outta that chair! Sorry you had to spend half the day there, that's kind of crazy but do understand when it's an emergency they try to fit you in between other appointments so it can get a little crazy. I hate the waiting. Yeah our last dentist was one to ask questions. Okay, now come on...he has his hand in your mouth among other things now how in the world are you going to answer a question if it is not a yes or no answer. This guy could do some talking.

Pam~another good point I didn't think about either...what Julie's friends say about them behind their backs and possilby in front of the kids. I just couldn't get past the fact that they treated them so bad didn't think of all the other things that could possibly be going on. It's just terrible that people treat others with just disrespect. And good point on the surprise drug test-he would never see it coming.

Jane~more (((((HUGS))))) for you and your family. How is your sister holding up under the circumstances? And Gina and Terry? Glad you are there for them all as they will appreciate it dearly.

Marti~did you actually get any sleep girly? I don't think your schedule is so bad but I think for me sometimes it would get a little crazy. Plus with V's schedule we would never see each other. He's back to working overtime for now-7 days a week again and a few 10-14 hour days during the week.

Katy~hope all is well in your house and DH is feeling better. Like Jane, I wish I could say I haven't thrown up in a long time. That has got to be the worst thing ever. I know when I had gallstones (OUCH!) when the attacks got really bad (which they were the couple of months before having my gallbladder removed) I was throwing up way too much. At that time tho I actually felt better afterwards but the taste-ICK! Anyway...sorry about that little rant-do hope all is well with your all.

Hi to everyone else

So...got my shopping done. Bought a little bit of Valentine candy-not for me though, for my nieces. Thought I would send them a little something in the mail. When they were smaller I used to send little puzzles and coloring books-they loved that. Just need to remember they are going to be twelve! Keep thinking of them as 5 years-old. Ran to the bookstore before heading to Wal-mart. Wanted to pick up this book I saw on sale the other day-Good in Bed. Okay, I saw it and my first thought was it is about sex so didn't even bother picking it up. Well, I found out the title is nothing about what the book is about! It wasn't on the sale table either but got it anyway. Of course I need to finish the other books I have first. Meant to run over to Home Depot and check out their borders and completely forgot till I pulled in the driveway. Knew there was somewhere else I wanted to go. Would like to do that (put up the border) this weekend since I have no plans and V is working. Getting a little bored sitting here doing nothing while he is working. At least he doesn't have to work V-Day so hopefully we can do something then. It really has been a while since we went on date night. The Home Show starts this weekend and I would love to go to that. Nothing like a home show to get you ready for spring! Anyway...hope everyone is having a nice day. Take care...talk with ya later.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:47 PM   #48  
kitty Momo

I want you as my lawyer Crist!! lol

I think a reasonable time was a few decades ago.....lol. Sheesh, he will be 50 in June......if anything I have always been stable in my employment......

Don't tell my mom but I am taking Monday off and heading down for the evening class. She says to do it up here but that will cost more money. I just want to get it over with and if I take Gaby to Doug at 4 pm and he keeps her over night that would help a lot.......and I will just use a day vacation.

She says save on the wear and tear of the car and my energy but........it is exhausting trying to get any info in this matter.

Took the girls to the doctor - Rach might have a urinary tract infection. I had to leave before the test result came back and Rebecca was there for her ....sur ral is us??? Wish I could spell...........lol
Doug took off to grab Gabys' bag from my car because I stayed behind to be with Rach for the exam.
Very sweet to bring my car up to the entrance....and he was talking with Rocky on the cell because I had left it in the car.........lol, I guess they are buds now...... *roll eyes*.....the ideal is to get Doug to move over with me.....lol..........really, I can just see him surfing, we can find him a Hawaiian girlfriend..........wonderful retirement. I guess he told Rocky to send him a paper for rentals.....lol.

anyway- best get
Old 02-03-2005, 05:50 AM   #49  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

Marti - I do so hope you and James both get the time off that you want. I bet you do. So glad you got the kitties spayd!! How're they doing? Still at the vets?

Pam - hope Eddie is home soon. Sweetie, it would never be your job to take care of the xh, and don't let anyone tell you it is, ok? Your responsibility for him ended when the divorce was granted.

Cristi - Macy came home yesterday, thank goodnes.. And they put a morphine pump in Jerry. Plus they give him morphine pills as needed. He talks gibberish most of the time, which breaks Maggie's heart. So glad V will have Valentine's Day off! Wish Neal did... I'm curious about your new book. When you begin reading it, you'll have to tell us more.

Angie - way to go, letting the teacher decide Tanner's fate. My money's on his good behavior for the rest of the trip, lol. Please don't cancel the internet!! I'd miss you terribly!!

Katiecat - glad your root canal is over. Hey, that's a good idea about the star for Mackenzie! I've got all kinds of stickers in my scrapbbok supplies, lol. So sorry to hear what happened when your dad passed away. We had hospice for my FIL, and they were great.

Katy - hi - hope your week is going well and that you didn't end up getting sick.

Well, as I told Cristi, Macy got to come home yesterday afternoon. That's a relief. BIL Jerry is losing blood, and has to have 2 pints today. When he gets stabilized, I think he'll be sent home with hospice. Thanks so much to those of you who sent me hugs and prayers!!

I intend to have some "me" time today. I'm having lunch with the city's Fire Chief, Joe. He happens to be one of my nephews. Everyone loves him, and lots of people will stop by our table to tell him hello. After that, I'm going to go see what's new for Spring in the few stores we have around here. I've already bought a few things, but more stuff is rolling in everyday. After I check in on Jerry, I'm going to pick up something for dinner so I don't have to cook.

BBL,
Old 02-03-2005, 10:13 AM   #50  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jane, glad to know Macy is home. And you should have some me time, you do alot for others which Im not saying is bad, its Im glad you are able to get in me time also. Morphine is great for pain but the side affects are sometimes hard with the mental stuff it does to the person. Brandon did alot of weird stuff when he was on it.

Susan, wouldn't that be cool of Doug moving to the island with you and all the girls. Mike should have to reemburse you for all your out of pocket expenses. But I know thats just a dream,,,reality is hes an unfit parent who is throwing a hissy fit for whatever reason, jealousy that you have moved on? And is able to cause a stink and you money that you need to raise your daughter. this is such a nasty catch 22.

Katycat, I admit I didn't read your post, have a horrible fear of dentists and I need 2 root canals...sensodyne still works so Im not going in till its bad.

Pam, Janes right taking care of the x isn't your problem. Let his family or an agency take care of him.

Day off today but I have to help Frank the costumer bring in a full vehicle load to the college. He rents a few things from them. Then off for breakfast with Pasqualina my co stage manager. Come home clean this mess and then I can relax.

ttfn
Old 02-03-2005, 11:11 AM   #51  
GmaTo8

Exclamation

Hold it! Hop on over to # 109!! See you there!!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:18 AM   #52  
RosieKate

Sorry I've been MIA, everyone got sick! Leigh and I were sick on Tuesday, James was sick yesterday...bu today everyone is well and going to school...So I get to keep my chiro appointment.

Don't have too much time...Jane you are in my prayers..hospice care has been a blessing to my family on more than one occasion. It's hard to realize someone needs it but so glad when all is said and done that they had that compassionate care. So glad little Macy is home

Cristi - I read Good in Bed a few years ago..it's a quick, entertaining read. The author's specialty is books where the heroine or some main character is fat...and is normal, like, has a healthy sex life, and everything! What a concept...hehe..

Sorry I'm short on time, but will try to get back later

Closed Thread