Old 01-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #16  

Jill, that sounds sooooooo good. I'm gonna make it maybe tomorrow. YUMMY!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:30 PM   #17  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey girls!

Quickie from me, I am on my lunch break!

6 crying babies, spit up and...well, you all know - what a glorious job!!! It's really tough trying to work and be a good mom! At the moment I really have no choice, though. DH went to work today, we'll see how that goes, I don't think he is ready, but he had to try. He's stubborn and won't listen to me anyway. MEN!!! LOL!! My ds went to school and told his teacher he couldn't do homeowrk because he had to help his sick dad get around!!!!!!! He's not having a good week so far, he's in big trouble!! Makes me wonder if he's acting out because of all the changes in our lives lately. Makes me feel like I should be home more. Anyway...I keep venting, but you all feel free to just ignore my rantings!! LOL!!

I have eaten pretty well this week so far, but I WANT CHOCOLATE! a milkshake would be good too. OOOPS sorry! I am having a weak moment! But I haven't given in so far.

Mel!!!! You are in ONEderland! I miss those days! Maybe I'll get there again soon! I wish I had the time, money and energy to join a gym and go at it like you do!! YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!

Any word from Crystal?? Did I miss her posting as I skiimed through?

Kristin...Good luck with SBD!

OH shoot, my time has run out!! I'll be back after work, I hope!

The rest of you have a great day!!

LOVE TO ALL!!

Cindi
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies I just got back from the doctor and I've lost 8 lbs since they saw me on Dec. 28th. She was pretty proud of me, I told her about my gazelle and the BLC and she was just ecstatic. She's thinking of getting a gazelle too. Bad news is that I think I passed out this morning, I got up to let the dogs out and I got really dizzy and started sweating, like it was pouring off of me literally and so I got a drink of water and sat down on the chair in the kitchen and next I knew I was on the floor. I was fine after a few minutes, I asked the doc if my bp was okay and she said yes so I explained the situation to her and she says it really sounds like I had low blood sugar I told her that would make sense since I hadn't eaten since 6pm the night before. She told me to eat first thing when I wake up now. Also I was informed that I need to have my pap repeated every 3 months for the next year! apparently after you have a cold knife cervical conization you have to be monitored pretty closely and when they did my pap they didn't get up into my cervix far enough So that was a bit unpleasant to hear.

Jilly that pizza sounds good!! I think I'll make that tomorrow!

Mel way to go on the exercise! I have a lot of school work to do so i'm not planning any but I did already do 10 minutes on the gazelle at 6mph so for me that's running lol.

Okay I really need to get to work on my homework so I'll bbl when I'm done!
Have a great afternoon!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:20 PM   #19  

Michelle, make sure you eat hon, the doc is right, it was probably your sugar. You've been exercising and you never eat very much. Keep up the good work. ttyl
Old 01-25-2005, 02:27 PM   #20  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Roxy-Per your rave review of the Village, I rented it last night. Talk about a twist in there huh? I'm not going to tell anybody what it's about. I don't want to ruin it. My ex Dh said another good one to watch is Cellular. Another psychological thriller. I love those kind of shows.

Michelle-My blood sugar gets really low sometimes too but not low enough to make me pass out...Kind of scary. Sorry to hear you have to get your paps done every 3 months. I had the LEEP procedure on mine and I had to go in every 6 months for almost 2 years. Mine was high-grade carcinoma-in-situ too. That scared the crap out of me. I found out at the beginning of my pregnancy with Nicole. I had to wait for 10 months until they could do the surgery. I was on egg shells for a long time. Congrats on the weight loss too. What meds did they put you on for your thyroid? My dh is on levoxyl 125 mcg (i think that's it) and they still can't get his thyroid hormone at a decent level. His weight went down initially but now he's back to being tired and run down. I bet they'll up his meds again. BTW-I love having the jello legs. Those gazelle's are awesome.

Cindi-I don't know how you do it. I could not handle 6 crying babies. I'd have a migraine... Hang in there! Kids react to change differently than we do. YOur son maybe getting in trouble just because he doesn't know what else to do or how to handle his emotions.

Jill-That pizza sounds awesome. I'm trying to find foods to cook that the whole family will eat and then I won't have to be a short order cook. I am seriously thinking about SBD. Then me, you and Kristin could work the kinks out of our weight loss together.

Mel-I'm really liking my gazelle. My legs muscles are even a little sore from yesterday. A feeling I could definitely get used to. Its a good ache. I still have to do my challenge but have glided on the gazelle for 15 min. so far today. It's fun, and quiet...I can watch tv and still get some exercise in.

Darn it! I've procrastinated enough. Back to the laundry problem at hand. Check back later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:38 PM   #21  

QOTD: We haven't done one of these in a while.........

How many calories do you it in a day?

A: 1400-1700 per day.

There is a figure that you can do to figure out what you should eat in order to lose X amount of pounds per week. I will find it and post the site that has it. Maybe this will help some stay on track. This would be no matter what kind of diet you are on.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:31 PM   #22  
Focus on the Process

I eat between 1500 and 1700 a day. Sometimes I go more... Depends on how hungry I am or how much exercise I've done.

~chris
Old 01-25-2005, 03:56 PM   #23  

Chris, I am now on Armour Thyroid 2 grain a day Armour is dessicated pig thyroid and a lot of physicians are hesitant to prescribe it but we changed mine after I complained that I have too many pills to take and hardly ever remembered to take my afternoon dose of cytomel (T3) so I was taking 75 mcg of synthroid in the morning along with 25mcg of cytomel and my weight pills and then another 25 mcg dose of cytomel in the afternoon. The advantage to Armour is that it has both t3 and t4 in it and since being on it I feel a lot better than when I was just on the seperate synthetics. I still get tired a lot but I've actually felt much better physically and my endurance has gotten better as well. They found my carcinoma in sutu (stage 3) when I was pregnant too I had one small biopsy while being pregnant then another after I had her. On top of everything else I had going on lol.

Mel you're right I should eat more, I also need to eat a little later at night. I didn't know what was going on this morning but it freaked me out a bit.

Chris I'm glad you like the gazelle! My calves were killing me but I just pushed through the pain and they finally don't hurt so bad lol.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:56 PM   #24  

Ohh yeah QOTD: I eat about 1100 to 1300 calories a day.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:40 PM   #25  

http://www.caloriecontrol.org/calcalcs.html

OK all, here is a link to find out how many calories for MAINTANENCE. Enter the info and it will give you a number for maintanence. Subtract 500 from that number for steady slow weight loss. I did light activity and heavy to see the difference. I based my food on the light activity to lose a bit more in a week. LMK what your numbers come out like.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:59 PM   #26  
Focus on the Process

Michelle-There is a gal on the depression thread who takes that armour thyroid medicine too. So does her son. I'm just waiting to see what they do with Kelly. I know he has an appt. soon to check those growths that are on his thyroid. It worries me but he says he's not scared at all. I was a Stage IV. They did a coloscopy on my when I was 16 weeks along and he left me alone until I was 8 wks post-partum. It's all good now though. My last pap was negative again so he says he doesn't want to see me for a year. Fine by me....

Okay...missing children! Gotta run.

~chris
Old 01-25-2005, 06:20 PM   #27  

Chris I know who you are talking about Cathy? Shes a great lady! Love her! I had a goiter on my thyroid which had to be removed with part of my thyroid, my goiter caused me to be hyperthyroid.

Mel I'm gonna go figure my calories in a minute! did you get my yahoo message?

So all you challengers please send me your input on any ideas you may have for our next challenge! I'm going to start working on the layout and would like to have some new input from all of you!

Okay girls! I'll be back in a few minutes!
Old 01-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #28  

Okay omg you've got to be kidding me! It said 2220.4 calories per day, that's a lot to maintain!! so if I cut 500 calories I could consume 1700 calories per day! Wow, I dunno that's a lot for me. I really don't have that kind of appetite. Any input?
Old 01-25-2005, 06:55 PM   #29  
Focus on the Process

Get this...If I subtract the 500 calories...I need to consume 1660-2300 calories a day to lose. I guess that's doable for me. I'm usually around 1500-1700.

I wonder if we could get enough people together to do teams for the challenge? I got a suggestion.....Please, no more sit ups...

Michelle-Yep, it's Cathy...

~chris
Old 01-25-2005, 07:49 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hey ladies - good news - no ear infection. Just some congestion - (whew!)

Deana - 4 loads of laundry? Yikes!

Chris - you have a gazelle, too? It sounds like you guys really like it. I'll have to check them out.

Ricci - I know what you mean about people complaining about losing weight then going out to eat. I have a friend like that.

Jill - the recipe sounds really yummy - I'll have to give it a try. You must be fair-skinned like I am. I could never do tanning because I'd burn up. Ouch!

Melissa - you exercise maven! Way to go with your exercise routine! I eat about 1400-1600 cals per day, which is less than the chart said to lose weight. Well, this is what feels good for now, I could always tweak it later.

Roxy - Yes, I talked to my husband. He had no clue (yeah, right) that he was tempting me.

Cindi - 6 crying babies? And you wonder why you are craving chocolate?

Michelle - OMG, that is so scary with the fainting. I have had blood sugar ups and downs my whole adult life and it is very scary. I hope you do what you have to do so that doesn't happen again.

Penny - did you make it to the gym?

Hi Jeniqua, Kristin, and everyone else.

I took the boys out to Cheeburger Cheeburger tonight (Matt worked late) and had a salad with fat-free dressing with grilled chicken. It was really good! I'm sure it wasn't totally low-calorie since I had some cheese, a few black olives, and the chicken itself, but it was the best thing on the menu.

Well, I've got Bible study tomorrow, then Curves, so I'll talk to everyone in the afternoon.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote