Old 01-21-2005, 08:24 PM   #31  

Jenny, glad you are feeling better. Have a good night sleep. Maybe you got some food in ya too.

Chris, boy I bet everything is shaping up wonderfully! Yippie on the Gazelle. You and Michelle are gonna be busy on those things.

Gretchen, WTG on the 1.2. I bet you are happy about that. Slow and steady that's the way to go!

Anyway, gals, not to dissapoint you, but no formal exercise for me other than my lunges which I don't count fully because it's not cardio and only takes less then 10 minutes. Non the less it something, as we all know, is better than nothing. Right? Right! Ok, so I am going to try to get myself to bed early to catch up on some sleep. Hope you all have a good night. Tomorrow we are expecting 18 inches of snow....YIKES. But If it's gonna snow I like it like that, because then I can play with the kids in it. I love pulling them around in the snow tube and pushing them down the TINY slope in my back yard. IT's just right for the toddlers. There is one spot that slops just a littlle and for a big person it would be like a two second sleigh ride but for them its like a roller coaster. Last year they loved it. Anyway, I will do some cardio tomorrow at home on the treadmill. Dh and I will take turns getting our exercise in. Then I'll feel better. I need a 10 minute run and at least 30 minute walk. THis way I'll do a total of 40 minutes of cardio which will include my challange. OH YES, my foam roller came in the mail finally, so I will do that for 20 minutes then I'll have my hour. Oh, it's looking better already...see ya tomorrow ladies.

Crystal, if you are lurking, which I would think you are. I hope you are well and hope that baby is on it's way.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:05 PM   #32  
I will suceed!!!

Okay, I've been wondering about this Challange everyone keeps talking about. What is it?

Anyway, I took the kids for a long walk, it's 8 now. And they are pretty worn out, so I am hoping a nice warm bath and story time will put them right out...

Aside from an hour and a half walk, I didn't get anything done or any other exercise either. I won't get my car back until the end of next week, so I've been having to walk to the store every day for milk or something, so that's really all the exercise I've been getting. I have an Orbitrek Pro sitting in the corner of my living room that I am going to start using while I watch tv in the evening. My favorite workout video is the Walk Away the Pounds. Anyway, have a good night everyone!
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:50 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladiesss!!!!

Gretchen, I'm so proud of you!! Way to go on the loss girly girl!! Keep up the great work!!

Tabitha, Thanks for the PM it's great knowing that there is someone out there who has SO MUCH in common with me. For those members that are familiar with my story you know what I'm talking about. I'm so glad you found us and that you have taken the positive steps to a new healthy you! I like Walk away the pounds as well! Get on your orbitrek girl and get that butt in motion. Something you may like by way of workout videos is the exotic dancing workouts orrrr perhaps some bellydancing videos. I have started using a gazelle now and also the playstation 2 game Dance Dance Revolution which is so fun!! I'm also going to buy the Yourself! Fitness game for Playstation 2 when it comes out next month!

Mel, I'm sorry your knees are hurting I hope they get better soon!

Jeniqua, how you doin sweetheart?

Deana, you crafty woman how is the painting going? I'm painting our hallway on Monday and then I want to take some pictures of our house because I never showed you guys the before and afters since we remodeled.

I wanted to tell you guys about the gazelle a little, some people say not to even invest in the low end model that is carried in department stores but I ignored their advice and bought it anyway. It was only 89 bucks at shopko in my town that's not too much to spend even if it ended up being inadequate. BUT I love it! get this....I did a 30 minute work out on it today and 5 hours later my legs were still shaking!! I'm totally serious girls!! I also burned 275 calories in 30 minutes and I enjoyed it. Now the effect it has on me may not be the same for everyone because I'm a bit heavier and I'm sure it will lose effectiveness as my weight goes down but my thinking is that no matter whether it gives me a hardcore workout or a light workout it's still got my body in motion. The places I feel it the most are my arms and my calves, and after I finished my workout my leg muscles were twitching!! So I would recommend it, but that is my opinion!

ohhhh Tabitha, I was going to tell you that we have our Moms Losing weight MSN group if you would like to join. We run our Biggest loser challenge from that group since it involves prizes I don't want anyone to feel that 3fc endorses the challenge or has any hand in the running of the challenge. We are currently in week 6 of the eight week challenge and we will take a couple weeks off between challenges. Every day there is an exercise challenge except on wednesdays which is water drinking day 100 ounces to earn the points. We award points based on pounds lost and inches lost so if you work hard you can really clean up so to speak. The challenge we have right now is only the first run so the next one will be much better. There is a price to join the challenge since I can't afford to shell out the money for the prizes myself lol. There will be more information when we get closer to the next challenge.
okay enough rambling here is the link http://www.groups.msn.com/momslosingweight
if you apply to join the group myself or one of the other managers will approve you

Oh, Roxy, has your son figured out how to use Reflet? I absolutely love that program and it is so easy to use! Have him email me if he wants some great graphics sites.

Okay girls, time for me to get back to work! I hope you all had a great night!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 02:17 AM   #34  
I will suceed!!!

Default the challange

Okay, I tried clicking on the link, but it kept telling me that the page couldn't be displayed. And I've been hunting in the MSN groups (my msn username is jtstripe) and am going crosseyed trying to find it. Michelle, I will pm you my e-mail address. Maybe you could send me the link there? I've been looking for the past 45 minutes and just can't find it. I would love to join, but I wouldn't be able to do it until the end of the week, depending on the cost. Anyway, I am up later than I intended, so I am off to bed.

Oh, walked 4 miles today! WooHoo!

Last edited by Redskirt1; 01-22-2005 at 02:40 AM. Reason: to add something
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 03:42 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

LOL my bad I always do that when I type in the MLW site addy grrr I'm a dolt sometimes!

Just came to say goodnight and tomorrow will be another great on plan day for all of us!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:27 AM   #36  
soontobethin

started a new thread
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote