Old 01-26-2005, 04:52 PM   #76  
Radiate self!

Linus-((((BIG HUG)))) Is it your back? I'm sorry you aren't feeling up to things. Take care of yourself.

Shad-Is Australia Day over? I'm so late but hope you had a lovely relax and a good smile or two throughout the day. The Grandma enlightenment was very sobering. Jeepers! That all wasn't so long ago was it?

Mel-So you are hooked on firefighters? Have you thought of baking some cookies and taking them over to the local firehouse? They will thank you :raises eyebrows: Whee!

Holly-don't you just love babies? They are so scheduled. Eat, sleep, gurgle, coo, diaper change, frustrated screaming moment, repeat. Do you have your ankle elevated? Got to strengthen that so this don't keep happening to you, stair raises, hmm, might need to check what is ankle strengthening

Suzi-so the summer vacation is almost over and the kids are getting anxious. Poor you. If it gets too much just put on your sneakers and walk out the door for stroll around the block or the park for a breather. They are all old enough to hold the fort for a 1/2 hour right? Don't let it get to you, soon you will be missing them

Teel-gosh those questions were tough, I had never really thought about most of them. Had to have a bit of a ponder Yikes about the neighbours vehicle, something always lurking to get your heart rate going isn't there?

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? Spain, next door to Antonio (the spy gear I would own )
2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING? AB t-shirt I made
3. WHAT IS THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT? Matchbox Twenty-Mad Season
4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? 7am
5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? electric tea maker (coffe maker designated for tea )
6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Guitar
7. FAVORITE COLOR? purple
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PIECE OF MUSIC/COMPOSER John Lennon/Imagine
9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE? yes
10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? The Owl and the kittycat
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Spring
12. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?ability to move things with my mind
13. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT? none
14. CAN YOU JUGGLE? no
15. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? my mom
16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY? Wednesday
17. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR? kid toys, jumper cables, spare tire, jack, empty plastic bags in a box
18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? chili with hamburger 19. WHERE DID YOU TAKE YOUR LAST HOLIDAY? in the mountains
20.IF YOU COULD DO ANY ACTIVITY IN THE WORLD, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO? walk the great wall of China
21. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM? Teel
22. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Daisies
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL? Indian

I've done two days of weights, the sugar thing is kind of dodgy. No candy but the sugar lurks and jumps down my throat in other guises I have been having peanut butter and jam sandwiches for lunch.

Last edited by Meadow; 01-26-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:42 PM   #77  

Exclamation think youd all better sit down

good evening folks ,well its been a bit of a strange 24 hours here {thats an understatment } my boys come july will be 16 and 13 so you can imagine how shocked i was to realise {very slowly} that i might be pregnant yes i did say pregnant we did a pregnancy test last night and to our complete and utter shock were pregnant and then the horrid doubts clouded in have my tablets damaged the baby?will i actually be able to carry it ? would my husband die from shock? because of all theses questions and the shock i didnt make it in last night and this morning dh and i went straight to the docs and he managed to put my mind at rest completely he said i have to stop taking my tramadol straight away but the rest are fine
so we then decieded that we couldnt even think about not having it dh went through his mid life crisis right in front of my eyes "do you realise that by the time this baby is 16 ill be 50" and "god i might as well dye the rest of my hair grey now" and the clutching at straws "oh what about my computer desk" which granted is huge but i had to stop myself from laughing the family after the initial cursing and disbeleif are over the moon the kids have been fantastic conner has been giving me maternity advise and taking bets on wether thers more than one as the twins have missed us all so far {my mum and gran are twins} and craig has decieded that he wants to call it jackson if its a boy and taylor if its a girl {no danger} and the wee darling has said if i get cravings at 4 am will i wake him up to share them {but only if its ice cream } me im still in shock the doctor handed me a prescription for folic acid i didnt even know what that was it was iron tablets they handed out the last time i was pregnant i feel very old all of a sudden and very no totally unprepared and if im being honest scared shi**ess but ill get over it i wante another child for so long after we had conner but with us both working and conner being so ill for so long we went off the idea so i guess once i get my head round the idea ill be so excited im sorry but i told teel and mel before i told the rest of you ladies because i had teels phone number and mels email addie but couldnt find shads so ill have to look for it later and my last post was very vague to say the least so now ive been on the phone all day and my house has never been empty so im going for a well deserved sleep and ill talk to you all later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:43 PM   #78  

dh has just said well have to get the baby a 3fc kid t-shirt
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:50 PM   #79  
Suzi in Auz

OMY goodness Kirsty CONGRATULAIONS!!!!!!!
When I read you note about 8 months I was wondering. I am so pleased for you wow!!!
It's a real mind bender. I was all set you write a little something of my own here but your news takes presidence. YOu should sit on your thrown wearing that crown and just gloat a little with all the attention!!!
Awww...I feel jealous...wishing it was me but alas...no womb to grow a babe in

Wonderful news. I'll check in later chickies ...congrats congrats!!!!
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:29 PM   #80  

I am soooo incredibly happy for you. what a wonderful blessing!!!

Much love and well wishes to all of you!!!!!! WOW!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:18 AM   #81  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Good grief, I'll be back when I get my head around it. I was about to ask how you could be so sure that you would be betteri in 8 months time! That never crossed my mind.
Back later. I've been rendered speechless.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:53 AM   #82  
Mooz

Hi there ........ just dropped in, as I sometimes do, to keep a check on Shad and MEL ........ they need watching ............and got caught up in Kirsty's great news.

CONGRATULATIONS Kirsty and your boys will be a great help to you when the baby arrives and tell your hubby that 50 will not be old!! I see you are from Edinburgh and coincidently my youngest daughter was in Edinburgh yesterday.
Here's wishing you all the best
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:31 AM   #83  

Mz Mooz is back. Hiya Mooz. Mel is the one that needs looking after. She tries to lead me astray often. I resist as long as I can though. Yes well.

Linus/Kirsty/Sharon?? What can I say. Congratulations. It must have been that tape measuring that did it. I seem to remember the tape measure caused a fair amount of hassle!!! I hope that you keep well and pain free during this time and that everything goes well for you. Maybe it will keep the DS's out of trouble for a while. I will ring you over the weekend to hear all about the developments once I have worked out time differences and your need to sleep etc etc.

Linus has knocked the wind out of my sails and I can't remember what I was going to write. Probably something crabby about the long drive home and the rotten commute.

Work is just crazy right now. The boys have lost the plot completely and need driving to produce. Add to that the project manager in Sydney has gone into panic mode and is issuing orders and countermanding them, then gives the job to someone else and forgets to take it off the original person. Shucks!!!!!! Then someone who knows nothing about SAP has been given the job of User Testing the documentation and 'surprise, surprise' can't work out what it is talking about. Oh well. Time takes care of all.

Rain is clearing by the look of it. Might be able to go out and trim the hedge and the edges this weekend. It will be nice to see the sun back for a while.
Talking about nice to see things back. It would be nice to see Happy back again. Time for another check in Happy. Yes I know you are busy, yes I know you are tired, yes I realise you are probably a bit homesick, worn out, depressed with doing nothing but work, eat and sleep but it is still time you checked in!!!! Get it? Got it? Good!!!!! It's very nice to have Mooz here, but it would be nice to have you here too.

Okay, off I go, do a load of washing, clean the kitchen, start on the weekend housework. I'd like to get the space cut in the wall for the bathroom cabinet this Saturday. A bit more done in on the bath - like putting the screen back up again. Etc etc etc.

I was listening to a selection of Scottish songs while driving home today. There was this lovely ballad whose chorus said:
The cares of tomorrow will wait until this day is done.
I like that. The whole song was really about a day out of time - where you goofed off and communed with nature and took the time to get to grips with today. If I can get all the words, I'll publish them.

Okay gone now ........pooooof
Old 01-27-2005, 07:16 AM   #84  

YAY!! Shad's speechless!! Well I never thought I would hear her confess that!!

WELL DONE AND CONGRATULATIONS TO KIRSTY AND THE FAMILY!

Thank you so much for sharing your new with us all across the world. Have you recovered from the shock yet? Has DH. and the boys sorted out what names they would like to give them? I really do hope you do not activate the twin gene that is in your family Now is the right time to get the boys doing things around the house...no time like the present to start putting things in order

It is such a horrible day here today. Drizzly with rain, grey and kind of sodden in the garden. The sort of day that is totally uninsoiring for one to go outside the front door...or the back, for that matter!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:55 AM   #85  
Suzi in Auz

*waving* at teel cos her little egg is glowing. just checking in to see how everyone took the news. i hope your crown is still on straight Kirsty! have a great day today.
I'm off to bed and to get spywear off the comp.
cheers!
Exercise is good and no scales this week so far. I'm up to 6 points on my challenge...yaaay.
Not much else to report.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:42 AM   #86  

I have a runny nose today. Pooping (OMG *popping* LOLOLOLOL) herbals and vitamins. Ankle feels much better. 2 little guys today til noon. DH is doing stuff with his car and coming home at noon. We will be alone for 2 hours....hmmmm.
I was down the weight I gained last week plus 1, so I am happy. I had my cheese party. It tastes so wonderful when I only have it once a week.
Pretty good day and week so far!

Linus~ how is everyone today??

HI to everyone!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:42 AM   #87  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Congratulations Kirsty Again!!!!

"WE'RE HAVING A BABY. MY BABY AND ME"..............LA LA LA
That's what ricky sang to Lucy when he found out!!!
I am sooo pleased to be an Aunt again!!! Now should it be Aunt Fanny or Auntie Mel?!?!?!?
Don't forget to take care of your back and DON"T over do anything!! I think Shad is right and it must have been all that measuring stuff!! Or maybe the night with the special knickers at the bar?!?!?!? Lte me see......when was that.....about a month ago????? I am very happy for you and cannot wait to tell Jen today. Thanks for the e-mail cause it made me smile for the first time yesterday!
And I have no complaints today cause you made my day today too! (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) for all of you and DH is right....he/she will need a 3FC t-shirt! LOL
I loved Craig's name choices! and hope Connor comes up with good advice for the next 8 MONTHS!
Have a wonderful day Kirsty and just bask in the glow!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:49 PM   #88  

Hey Mel, how do you know you are going to be an Aunt - it might be a boy!!! Sorry just poking fun at the Irish - remember the Irish letter that did the rounds some time back - your sister has just had her baby - don't know yet whether it's a boy or a girl so I can tell you that you are an Aunt or an Uncle!

We need to prepare for this baby, so we had better think about decorating the nursery and finding a room in the house. With this many aunts, the baby will never want for a baby sitter. As for the 3fc T-shirt, I'm sure we can manage something in that line. May have to apply to the sisters for permissions tho'

Question for Suz - why are you going to bed to get the spyware off the computer? Unless of course spyware is the new name for it?

Holly keep pooping (popping) those pills, then go out and roll around in the snow naked. No self respecting bug will last long after that.

Right gotta go. Time for work. Aaaagh more than time for work. Shower, change etc. You might wonder why I am here at this hour on a Friday. Well it's like this. I woke up too late to go gymming so that will be this afternoons job along with the fresh fruit and veg shop. So I got my coffee and came here. Nice way to start the day.

Seeya
Old 01-27-2005, 11:39 PM   #89  
Suzi in Auz

Shad my boys love this online gaming thing which downloads stuff to comp. I have to clear it or I will get nasty rubbish on here...even gets through firewall.
So clean now...as a whistle.
I giggled at the pooping...oh i hate to admit some of the boobs I have made on here.
I love your joke Shad about Uncle or Aunt. I must remember that.
Holly..it's good to hear you are looking after that
Old 01-27-2005, 11:43 PM   #90  
Suzi in Auz

ankle ....geeez. weird things just happened then the cursor just moved and it posted!!! It did It did I promise and I didn't even have one wine yet. I can think of wonderful ways to fill in 2 hours
Oh I love Fridays...time to unwind a bit. It's family day tomorrow and i am looking forward to hearing from my DH , he's been away last night.
The year is about to zoom full steam ahead. I can tell. I have just done the lunch box shop and stationary. Next Monday i am waving them off to school. There will be a sense of relief but still ....
Kirsty...glow away!!
cheers
Suzi