Old 01-24-2005, 10:13 PM   #61  

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? The Highlands or Northern Ontario
2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING? Flannel PJ pants
3. WHAT IS THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT? Canadian Idol...embarrassing
4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? 6-6:45
5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? dishwasher
6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I would love to sing
7. FAVORITE COLOR? I love all colours
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PIECE OF MUSIC/COMPOSER Led Zeppelin 3- the whole album
9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE? yes
10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? Chronicles of Narnia, Watership Down, The Little Princess, Little House On the Prairie, Anne of Green Gables, Nancy Drew...... I read a LOT
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Fall
12. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Wow...bring harmony and peace
13. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT? butterfly
14. CAN YOU JUGGLE? no
15. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? dont know
16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY? I like every day
17. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR? a cement block, air mattress, rollerblades, hockey sticks, sticks from the beach,blankets, rubbish
18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? neither turns me on
19. WHERE DID YOU TAKE YOUR LAST HOLIDAY? Tobermory, Ontario
20.IF YOU COULD DO ANY ACTIVITY IN THE WORLD, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO? lay on the beach reading
21. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM? Teel
22. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Hollyhocks!
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL? Greek or Thai platter

What fun, thanks Teel, I needed that!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:08 AM   #62  
Suzi in Auz

Phew...it’s been one of those days. It started off well but has gone progressively down hill after that.

I walked and so have 1 point twowards my challenge. I also didn’t step on the scales which makes 2 points for today. I decided to sub this for the wine at the moment. At least until the kids go back to school.
I have eaten well so my cross attitude has solely to do with my kids...yes I love them to pieces but I am so cross with them right now. I just needed time to vent and time to cool off. I am dying to have a swim but need space to myself. I know as soon as they see my presence out side someone will play up. grrr
All I can hear is teasing and whining.
This morning I took them bowling. It’s not my favourite thing to do but I did it because I felt pressure from my neighbour. She wanted to give her kids a treat because she hadn’t done much in the vacation with them. I have and wallet is really is tight and we can’t afford it but I went because I felt guilty, first mistake.
I should have realised what I was in for when I got there. They have a gaming arcade and with the holiday deal we purchased you received 2 games, 2 tokens for the arcade , and lunch. The kids were ok through the game. I saw some terrible attitudes coming from my boys when they struck out. As soon as the game finished they used their tokens and then were back for more. It’s a great marketting scheme I must say. YOu get tokens and then tickets for a game well played, with the tickets you can purchase toys (junk) Therefore the more tokens you spend the more possibility of more tickets and better prizes. I wasn’t going to let the kids have any more. I felt they had enough of a treat with the bowling...well my DD decided that nagging was the key and spend the next hour trying to make me feel guilty.
I had to do grocery shopping with the kids in THIS mood and they highjacked the whole time. I certainly lay down the law when I came home and will be thinking of punishments. grrr. I know this sounds harsh but I really felt so used by them all. They are so privileged these kids. It makes me cross with they show that they are ungrateful by their actions. Mum’s wallet is constantly open to them as far as they are concerned and yet this is not something I have encouraged. I guess it’s back to being consistent. Somedays i feel as though I am walking a tightrope.
there’s my vent ...it’s all muddled but that’s me today. Hope your days were better
I will attempt to do Teels little quizz ..what a lovely idea
1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? Somewhere in the South of France or Queenstown New Zealand
2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING? Cammoflage pants and T-shirt
3. WHAT IS THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT? Jay Zee Linkin Park ( for my son)
4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? 6.30-7
5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? my new oven, it's wonderful
6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE? The flute, it sounds so beautiful
7. FAVORITE COLOR? Blue of the ocean
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PIECE OF MUSIC/COMPOSER Canon in D Pachabel
10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? Owl babies, winnie the pooh, Wind in the Willows, Chronicles of Narnia, . Little House On the Prairie, Anne of Green Gables, Willy Wonka and the Choclate factory.......
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? All for different reasons
12. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? To Fly
13. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT? butterfly...I want one of these just on my hip bone
14. CAN YOU JUGGLE? no
15. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? Linda my friend who died from Cancer
16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY? Christmas
17. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR? boggie boards, towels and beach stuff
18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? Sushi!!!
19. WHERE DID YOU TAKE YOUR LAST HOLIDAY? Queensland Australia
20.IF YOU COULD DO ANY ACTIVITY IN THE WORLD, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO? Climb the Eifel Tower
22. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Gerberas
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL? A meal that is not really a meal but loads of special treats on a plate.
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:52 AM   #63  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Okay, Teels quiz
Back later with whatever news I can dredge up.

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? On a hill with beautiful views - probably somewhere like Ohau NZ or maybe one of the Greek Islands or even Myajima in Japan, Scotland, Ireland, well just about anywhere really with a great view.
2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING? cool, casual, loose and easycare
3. WHAT IS THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT? Henry Mancini - the legend
4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? 4.00am
5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? dishwasher
6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE? What me? Ha Ha Ha Ha, you are talking to the one person who has not a musical bone in her body. I rather think if I could I would fancy the deep dark sounds of an oboe - or maybe the best musical instrument of all a beautiful singing voice.
7. FAVORITE COLOR? Clear, readily identifable colours doesn't matter what shade. Blues are nice, so are reds, I like yellows and greens.
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PIECE OF MUSIC/COMPOSER Fur Elise
10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? All of the Anne books by LM Montgomery. My mother had the full set and I can't think how many times I read them. My sister has them now.
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? All but summer in the tropics
12. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? The ability to know where to bury the bodies of people who should never have been allowed to live.
13. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT? No tatts for this chick thank you
14. CAN YOU JUGGLE? no
15. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? DAD, Mum, Grandmother, Greg Hall.
16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY? Anzac day - it's my birthday.
17. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR? First aid kit. Spare shoes. No jumper leads for this chick - the car would void it's warranty. Spare tyre, jack, wheelbrace.
18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? Sushi!!!
19. WHERE DID YOU TAKE YOUR LAST HOLIDAY? Cowes, Phillip Island
20.IF YOU COULD DO ANY ACTIVITY IN THE WORLD, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO? Win the tour de France (simply to hack off the number 1 son.)
22. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Just about anything that grows on a stalk.
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL? One with fresh veges, well cooked fish and finished with fruit, cheese and a great wine and eaten with well loved friends and family in peace, harmony and love.

Thanks Teel.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:07 AM   #64  

Hah, I've been reading back through the posts and the quiz. Mel wants to wear flannel pjs on a tropical island surrounded by fireman playing Tommy Dorsey style on the piano while figuring out if she can juggle.

Teel is parasailing off Mt Blanc - or is that the Jungfrau, eating schnitzel and spud salad and listening to Dvorak.

Linus is horseriding to Tunisia wearing her flannel jammies and haranguing the kids with the crown jewels at a rakish angle toward the back of her head.

Oh sometimes it is too funny. Holly is off to Northern Ontario where the snow drifts must only be 40 feet high.

Funny that Mel should mention Tommy Dorsey because we were talking about him today at work. I should send home the item we were discussing, you should all get a glimpse into the recent past. It's also a bit scary for folks like me.

Suzi, all kids get that bad from time to time even the most gentle of children. Don't take it too much to heart. It seems to be expected these days of high prices, peer pressure and too much electronic wizardry that the parents will simply shell out. Some parents cave in and do shell out, that makes it harder for those holding out. It's hard for the kids to find jobs and pay for things themselves and maybe realise how hard it is in the real world. The best you can hope for is that they realise how much you try to help them get on. Somedays that seems a forlorn hope.

Okay, I am off to clean up the kitchen and do something with the load of washing I have just done. The weather has decided to be WET so I will have to drape them across the clothes airer and put them by the back door to collect the breezes. It may be Australia day tomorrow but this black duck is going to work. There is just too much to do. Too much to catch up on and it will be fine tomorrow as long as no one realises I am there. I'm hoping to only do half a day. See you. Thanks for the quiz Teel, I got a good laugh out of that.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:28 AM   #65  

just popped in for a mo as ive just done the hamster {no i didnt get round to doing it last night } and washing the floors AGAIN that bloody dog has to get dressed !!!!!! and im in so much pain isnt it strange the one thing thats guarenteed to kill me its mopping floors {something to do with the movement } so i thought id pop in for a wee pick me up
SUZI im not too sure what age your kids are but start as i never did and am making up for now i make them do things to earn the money and if they dont they dont get and i have limits and they know ill stick to it because i used to give them when they asked and now im on benefits i just cant afford to do it so you stick to your guns and point out all the hobbies and activitys you already pay for and tell them they can have more money for arcades and stuff but then you wont pay for anything else the hobbys usually win and ggod luck and if all elsa fails count ......to......100 {tens never enough but a weeks grounding usually does the trick}
SHAD i dont own any flanalette jammies i prefer the strappy tops with either long or short bottoms and most of them have very..very rude slogans on them
MEL couldnt get a hold of the calenders so i found this man hanging around on the web and id complain to your major about non sexy firemen they have a reputation to uphold craig said to tell you that a snow board would probably be better for you but to stay away from THAT HILL
right chickies im off painkillers have kicked in so im off to take the dogs out and go for my afternoon nap
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:51 AM   #66  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Tell Craig that good thing I didn't have either of them when I was ON THE HILL!!! I went back there in the bus with my driver. We looked up from the bottom road and both of us bugged out! I won't be trying that anytime soon. It's not that I wasn't careful but he and Jen worried about the electronic brakes. Maybe they wouldn't hold Sometimes I forget about that! Thought of you this morning Miss Linus...my sciatica started to get the best of me and then I popped some pills. We tell our kids to stay away from drugs!!

Shad~ I am moving to a tropical island with a firie and buying him many pairs of Speedos!! That will be my "beautiful views"! So if you get tired of yours you can come and visit me!!!
I would really love a house in tuscany or Umbria and grow wildflowers and olives!! Maybe some grapes too. Gotta love Tommy Dorsey and the Big Band Era. Glenn Miller.

Did anyone note that Holly only wants to wear the pj bottoms?!?!?! She's not going to be allowed on my island without any top on! She'll be stealing my firie!!!
Suzi can come and play the flute while we all prance around in the sand dancing with flowers in our hair.

shad can come and bury all the dead on the other side of my island. I'll reserve space for all those we cannot tolerate!!! My "man" will help you dig!!! Kind of like when I used to have a dumb waiter shaft!!! My friend Martha and I would "bury" them in there. Every phone conversation had SOMEONE going "down the shaft"! I better get going and something accomplished today. Feeling very draggy with all these pills and assorted aches and pains today. Better not complain too much or I might get 40 lashes with the old wet noodle! Have a Happy Tuesday and sweet dreams to the others!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:46 PM   #67  

Major chuckles Mel and Shad. We would certainly have fun!!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:11 PM   #68  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY TO OUR SOUTHERN FRIENDS!!!
Have a wonderful day and if I had a barbie I would fire it up in recognition of your Holiday!!!
Shad~ Sorry you have to work a bit but maybe a lot will get done in the peace and quiet! LOL Have a great day and do a BBQ over the weekend....throw on a shrimp for me!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:02 PM   #69  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Default Teel-tainment

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? If I want to build a house for Dearest Hubster, it would be on a mountain top. If it would be a house for me, it would be close-ish to the ocean but not too close. Evacuation for hurricanes is a bother. Can I have a condo ON the beach and a house CLOSE to the beach? But I can't be environmentally piggish. Okay, to the mountains. Can I have a heated pool at that mountain top home?
2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OFCLOTHING? 5K T-shirts!
3. WHAT IS THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT? I'm too cheap to buy CDs. I listen to the radio.
4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? 5:00 AM - wait - that's what time I GET up. I think I wake up around 10:00
5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? Dearest Hubster. Second choice: my own personal coffee maker that perks vanilla nut coffee. Isn't that magical how it makes coffee every morning?
6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I sing, play the piano, organ and flute. I'd love to play the guitar.
7. FAVORITE COLOR? purple. blue. black. orange. pink. green. wicker.
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PIECE OF MUSIC/COMPOSER Tunes. I like classical, opera, country/western, gospel, contemporary Christian, hymns, rock, blues, bluegrass...everything.
9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE? Life in Eternity with Our God. Amen.
10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? Harry Potter.
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Beach season. Warm. Fireplace and Fall. Also warm - different kind.
12. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? None. You don't want me to have any super powers. I'd wipe out half the world.
13. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT? No tattoos for the Chicky!
14. CAN YOU JUGGLE? I am a juggler learner/wanna be. I've ALMOST got the concept down. How did you know I'm practicing?
15. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? My mom.
16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY? Any day that includes laughing.
17. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR? No trunk - no car. I have a pickup aka TigTruck. The TigTruck has all the necessities of immediate evacuation.
18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? I ADORE sushi. I can't remember the last time I ate hamburger. Oh wait - now I remember. I got a tummy ache.
19. WHERE DID YOU TAKE YOUR LAST HOLIDAY? I took one day's vacation to visit DFIL a year ago at Christmas. Note to self: Get A Life. The End.
20.IF YOU COULD DO ANY ACTIVITY IN THE WORLD, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO? Retire then start traveling especially internationally.
Edit: How could I forget? I'd like to Run a Marathon!
Maybe I could travel to visit The Chickies and Run a Marathon. Now THAT would be AN ACTIVITY!

21. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM? The Teel.
22. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Live ones that I haven't killed yet.
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL? I've been obsessing about a chocolate walnut brownie covered with kahlua and hot fudge. Okay, my favorite meal is actually salmon sushi with a glass of cabernet. Can I have a brownie with that?

This was FUN, Teel! Sure glad to see that we are all very normal.

Last edited by Tig; 01-25-2005 at 09:39 PM.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:02 PM   #70  

Suzi~ I was in a funk yesterday so didn't read your post thoroughly. I hope today got better. We too live a simple/humble life and try to keep it materialistically clean but it creeps in. When I took 6 boys out for DS's Bday it was interesting to see how they reacted. 2 of the boys obviously get whet ever they ask for and just assumed I was going to buy them everything they saw. 1 tried and then smirked. The others, mine included, didn't ask for a thing.
Our first 4 years we didn't have tv or anything. We received an inheritance and bought some stuff, paid down the mortgage and saved a bunch. If my kids fight over the computer ,TV or any "privledges" it goes away. They need to value and appreciate it. Other parents think I am really tough. We give thanks at dinner every day for ALL the blessings in our life.
The kids still act like spoiled brats some days. They are kids. Heck, I act like a spoiled brat some days LOL!. Chalk it up to a bad day and hopefully it will shift.

Tig~ you are one funny chick. Had me giggling. What a fun exercise. Thanks Teel.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:32 AM   #71  

Subject: How old is Grandma???

STAY with this.... the answer is at the end.

One Evening a Grandson was talking to his Grandmother about current events.

The Grandson asked his Grandmother WHAT she thought about the shootings at schools, the computer age, and just things in general

The Grandma replied, " Well, let me THINK a minute, I was born BEFORE:
· Television,
· Penicillin,
· Polio shots,
· Frozen foods,
· Xerox,
· Contact lenses,
· Frisbees,
· and The Pill.

There was NO radar, credit cards, laser beams, or ball-point pens.

Man had NOT invented pantyhose, air-conditioners, dishwashers, clothes dryers, and the clothes were hung out to dry in the fresh air and man hadn't yet walked on the moon.

Your Grandfather and I got married FIRST and then lived together.
EVERY family had a Father and a Mother.
Until I was 25, I called every man, older than I , " Sir", and AFTER I turned 25, I still called policemen and every man with a title, " Sir ."

We were born before gay-rights, computer-dating, dual careers, day-care centres, and group therapy.

Our lives were governed by the Ten Commandments, good judgment, and common sense.

We were taught to know the difference between right and wrong and to stand up and TAKE responsibility for our actions.

Serving your country was a privilege; living in this country was a bigger privilege.

We THOUGHT fast-food was WHAT people ate during lent.
Having a meaningful relationship meant getting along with your cousins.

Time-sharing meant time the family spent together in the evenings and weekends.

We never heard of FM radios, tape decks, CD's, electric typewriters, yoghurt, or guys wearing earrings.

We listened to the Big Bands, Jack Benny, and the President's speeches on our radios.

And I don't ever remember, any kids blowing his brains out listening to Tommy Dorsey.

If you saw anything with "Made in Japan"on it, it was junk.

The term 'making out' referred to how you did on your school exam.

Pizza Hut, McDonald's, and instant coffee were un-heard of.

We had 5 &10-cent stores where you could actually buy things for 5 and 10 cents: Ice cream cones, phone calls, rides on a street-car,and a Pepsi were all a nickel and if you didn't want to splurge, you could spend your nickel on enough stamps to mail 1 letter and 2 postcards.

You could buy a new Chevy Coupe for $600 but who could afford one?? Too bad, because gas was only 11 cents a gallon.

In my days, "grass" was mowed, " coke" was a cold drink, " pot " was something your mother cooked in, and " rock music" was your Grandmother's lullaby.

"Aids" were helpers in the Principal's office. "Chip" meant a piece of wood. “Hardware" was found in a hardware store and "software" wasn't even a word.

And we were the last generation to actually believe that a lady needed a husband to have a baby.

No wonder, people call us " OLD and CONFUSED" and say there is a generation gap.

And HOW old do you THINK I am?? Read on... pretty scary IF you think about it and pretty sad at the SAME time.
THIS woman would be ONLY 58 years old !

Ho hum, and I am not much younger than grandma!!!! Such is life. I can relate to most of the above.

Hope you have all had a good day. How are we going with the challenges.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:03 AM   #72  
Suzi in Auz

Oh Shad ...thanks for that. I read it in the journals. I'm not 58 but still remember the simple things.
Tig your answers to the quizz had me in giggles. I loved them, infact i needed to come back and read all these last night.
Thank you ladies for you kind thoughts and comments. Yes things are better today and I have looked at the situation thoroughly. I should have explained things better to my DD who was the major culprit. She was of the impression I owed her some pocket money and this is how she wanted to spend it. I thought it was wasteful. I guess in some ways I should have let her spend her money and let that be that. On a postive note I saw DS give DD $1 to spend so she could get a decent toy, problem being the little tickets didn't come out and still she didn't have enough....real racket. Too hard to explain better. Oh well.
Tomorrow will be a simplier day with perhaps going to the beach for a picnic..it's fun and relatively free.
I have been looking at the budget thing for us as a family and I think we need to do this together...the start of the year is a good time
Mel...thanks for the giggles...I will toot toot away to your hearts content..on a tropical island ...now who's topless?
ok here's my day in a nut shell...it's very late here as the forums were closed and I stayed up until they opened.
A whole day can make things a little brighter.

Happy Australia Day to all your Aussies! The Aussies all stop today and appreciate their country. I think it’s a fabulous thing and the patriotism is so nice to see. Being a kiwi living here it makes me feel very privileged. I saw a lovely sight this morning while I was walking. There was a Garage filled with Tables and chairs and people and they were all having breakfast. The Australian flag was waving proudly in the front garden and it was so nice to see. People were wearing T-shirts and had all sorts on neat get ups on. My hubby and I loved it.
DH had a day off in the middle of the week which is such a treat as he is away tomorrow on Business until the weekend. It makes the weekend come quicker. We walked this morning for a good hour and then came home for a swim. The water was balmy. We were talking together about ways to improve our tummies. It’s kinda hard to miss them with the bathing suits on and DH suggested Pilates, so we hopped out of the pool and did some Pilates together. It was great and I felt so good afterwards. Our goal is to try and do this together 3 times a week but I am going to try for 5. It’s a gentle workout which I really know works as tonight sitting here I feel the benefits. We had a great lunch together as a family. My daughter has come down with some sort of virus which may account for the whiney behaviour yesterday ( now I’m the one who feels sheepish). It made the day very quiet and the boys just play Play station and computers.
I went to the Mall for a latte ( I haven’t had one for ages skinny of course) I have a little coffee maker too :wink: and I bought a cute singlet top in the sales. It’s one of these tank tops with a built in a bra and I am game enough to wear it. I would never have worn anything like this 5 months ago. I feel young and snazzy in it.
When I came home I was all set for a healthy dinner but My neighbour offered to cook us dinner and bring it over to our place. I’m not sure how healthy or not everything was but I chose carefully and didn’t overeat even though it was delicious. I was a nice time, they are such lovely people.
I didn’t hope on the scale today that gives me 4 points total for the week so far on my weekly challenge. Food has been a little picky today. I’ve had little treats here and there. I can get back on track tomorrow with DH away and have a really healthy salad for dinner.
I am looking for some courage to stick to my guns about no more treats for the rest of the holidays. I know my neighbour wants to go out with her children but mine need a rest and need to get into routine for school on Monday. The are ready to go back to school. It It means I’m back at work on Wednesday too. It will mean better routines.
Hope you all had wonderful days
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #73  

I have a sweet 6 month old here for the morning. MY DD has taken right over. She asked me the other day, why I didn't have a baby in my tummy, it was time!

My ankle bone looks like a blue golf ball. I think I am screwed as I get older . I definitely need to unload this weight. I have a sprained this ankle dozens( literally) of times since I was 11. Very weak.( stepped on a toy yesterday, went over on it)

Still thinking about family stuff but not whining and feeling sorry for myself.
I think the most pain comes from the fact that I was an innocent child and there were 3 adults who had the opportunity to love and guide me and through selfish reasons CHOSE not too. As an adult I can meet them on their own ground.
This is why I will sit on the School Council and the Sunday School council. I WILL advocate for children.
I love my immediate family very much. I am thankful for them and the good times we share.I would miss them if we were far apart. It was hard growing up with all the social airs. I never knew what was real. Tough on a kid. I flew off the handle a lot. For me, I have learned how to have a decent relationship with each of them and still be true to myself. I will always be the square peg in the round hole. In a way I am blessed too because I do say what I think. I have been known to say, "bullshit, what a load of crap" and no one bats an eye. In fact sometimes they laugh.
Of, course , none of them would actually say what they really think so it doesn't escalate in to a big drama, ROFLMAO!!!!

DS has been having great days. The anxiety seems to have faded. 4 kids here today. More puttering and icing of the ankle for me. I get soooo restless just sitting. There was a movie on TV I was interested in last night, I lasted 45 minutes and then got up and did stuff. Nutty. Maybe the movie wasn't that good, LOL.

Have a glorious day dear friends!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 10:51 AM   #74  

Oh dear me. I should have clarified the question "Which is your favourite children's book?" I didn't mean, which children's book for children is NOW your favourite read! (tut tut nicking the poor ds's and dd's book collection!! I MEANT "When you were a child which book did you love reading!!! "
My answer by the way, remains the same!!

Shad, good one on How Old Is Grandma?! That was brilliant. Certainly gives cause for thought by the bucketful...

Hollyhock I am sorry to hear about your poor ankle...rest it, raise it and keep it alternatately warm and cold and I am told this gets the swelling down and the pain goes away as well. I think I am very similiar to you...I look at a grain of sand and twist my ankle falling over it!!

I have just backed in to my neighbour's car...."WHAT?????!" Yes you did read it right. I was reversing my car to a parking place near the house where we all park and I somehow got all disorientated because my other neighbour had put his car behind (or would that be in front? of his daughter's..the one who is flying out to Shad's neck of the woods and back packing with her boyfriend for 6 months and longer if the purse can stand the strain! and BANG! I had reversed in to it. I examined both cars but cannot find any hint of damage to either vehicle and I DID go round to confesss but no-one answered the doorbell. Phew!! Don't know what came over me. Sure it wasn't an overdose of brain activity.

I haven't done very well with the eating plan today. I basically haven't eaten very much at all. I had no breakfast apart from a mug of skimmed milk coffee and for lunch I had an apple and a pkt of be good to yourself low fat, low carb but otherwise quite tasty crisps for lunch...oh and a latte with sugar whilst I was with my support worker. I have no inspiration as to what to do for dinner.

Oh well I think I am getting tired now so I am off to my favourite place for a sleep...I think I should have included that in the quiz...wht room in the house is your favourite place? Mine is my bed where it is all warm and cosy....night night all!!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:10 PM   #75  

just wanted to pop on and tell you all the news ive told sheila already i might have to give up the challenge for 8 months and then ill get back to it after im "better"
speak later kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote