Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Linus~ Please count me in this week! Thanks

S.H.A.D Challenge
1-No junk food
2-Exercise 6 days(3-pedals/3 yoga)
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #152  

Default Hi

How is everyone doing? I put in a 50 gal tank for my turtles this weekend but not without burning ahole in my carpet.....stupid me.... oh well. They seem very happy will take me a while to get it just right for them.
My results are only about 5 points this week.... so far...good eating bad exercise.....
I want to do the same challenge til I get it right.... good eating and 30 minutes exercise.
Linus how are you feeling.... so glad the tests came out well for your son...good job!
Miss Mel I do hope your week turns out better.... so sad to watch people fall ill and not able to recover....
Shad you are doing well with your crew... How much longer are you there?
Has Happy check in lately with her house and new job?
Teel you sound pretty good don't beat yourself up about the challenge just keep trying..that is what I am doing.
Everyone else so glad you are with us here...let's hear from everyone this weekend.... a quick check in and update..... from the beautiful chicks around the world
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:09 PM   #153  

Challenge Results for this week... 7 for food, 0 for exercise

My pathetic excuses are a sore ankle, sinus headaches and a stomach bug.

This week I will not eat after 7pm, do 30 min exercise every day.

My day yesterday got horrific.I am feeling much better now but ,whew, it sucked. I ended up being really sick with a queasy tummy, the runs, fever and wicked vertigo. I panicked because I was so sick and had committed to do a lot of stuff for the church for 9 am today. I asked DH for help. He got defensive, I cried, we argued.........
I slept for 2 hours in the aft, made supper, got the church stuff done, got the kids kids to bed, tried to talk stuff out with DH, he shut down, we argued again, I walked away from it and went to bed. He is still very quiet today. I actually feel fine with all of it.
I apologized for the hurtful things I said.I dont care about the details. I love him , that is what matters. He will come around.
In the past something like this would have dragged on or escalated into something much worse so I feel good about this progress.

SS went well. I ran a congregational meeting.It went well too.DD and I met DH and DS after hockey at a players house for a skating/toboganning party.We roasted hotdogs on a fire. Very nice. Kids LOVED it. Just got home. Puttering to do.Beds to change. I bought turkey pieces to roast for supper.
All is is pretty much well. Life goes on.
I am feeling very slim. Haven't been on the scale.I could be an illusion but I'll go with it.

Mel~ HUGS nice to see you back. I missed you too.

Linus~ thanks for commiserating!! Men!

Hello and warm wishes to everyone!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #154  
Radiate self!

Default Sunday in rainy BC

We are supposed to be getting a snow storm but it is still rain at the moment I am on my period and don't feel up to no sugar this week so I'm just going to try for the weights for the challenge this week.Sorry you are having a tough go of it Mel. Here is an Antonio for you
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../ab-inhale.jpg

Hi everyone, I will post later on when I have better focusand my cursor comes back, so weird I'm typing and the words don't show up till like a minute later
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:16 PM   #155  

hi girls, hows we all ??? good i hope me im great another peaceful sunday in the stewart household glad to see mel back and ive talked to sheila today ill talk more tomorrow honestly craig has a chemistry exam at 11.30 so ill have plenty of time to talk in the morning
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:51 PM   #156  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Default The Race and Results

The Race
Tooth Trot 5K Cool t-shirt. PR (Personal Record): First Time I ran the ENTIRE race EVEN THOUGH I missed a turn and had to run backtracking to the turn and kept on running to the finish line! Came in second in my age group. Another trophy!

Week's Results
I ran or walked 5 days. The other two days I did the PT exercises. For a total of 7 points. I am supposed to do the PT exercises more frequently, but two is WAAAY more than Zero which is what I've done the past couple of months.

I'll continue with the same challenge for next week. Thanks for taking us on, Linus!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:55 PM   #157  

Good Job Tig..... that is a great accomplishment..... keep up the good work....we will all enjoy the wins..... it takes dedication to get to the point of being able to run.

Holly my mailbox is clear now I didn't receive your notice...send again if you want to...
Hope everyone is well... I must report that Sparky and Squirts new home is looking fabulous....
what channel is the super bowl on today???????
Lots of love,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:25 PM   #158  

Now I want turtles. I love little creatures. I already have a russian dwarf rabbit and cats.I am thinking on guinea pigs for easter, um, for the kids.lol.
Turtles would be nice too.
I watch the opening and half time of the superbowl. I read in between. Paul McCartney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yummy roast turkey and veg dinner, nice evening. All is well with DH. I am thrilled. We have learned and grown so much. Peaceful!
HUGS to you dear women!
Old 02-07-2005, 04:34 AM   #159  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all, on this hot humid horrid day (again). It's now hit 35+C for 4 days in a row. We are all melting in the heat.

Linus, how are you going with the challenge. Must be time to crown someone shortly. I'll leave you with it, you are truly capable of handling it. Glad to hear that Craig is doing okay with the exams. Hope everything is settling down at home too.
Hows the hamster doing?
Umm Rosie - how do you burn the carpet putting in an aquarium - or should that be turtlearium??? You weren't welding on the carpet were you??
Tig, well done on the Tooth Trot. Ran all the way even when taking detours?? Way to go girl.
Meadow, hope you get over that sweet tooth soon, although I know what you mean about having some of the comforts around you when you feel lousy. Hope you feel better soon.
Holly, well done for trying to talk to the DH. There are ways and means around these things, but they must be said to stop the rot from setting in. Bravo to Holly.
Suzi, how went the Chinese dinner? One part of Sydney I really like is the Chinese Garden in Darling Harbour. It is such a gorgeous peaceful place.

Went to gym this morning and did my weights. I'm starting to up the weights again as it is getting so much easier to lift the old weights. It's a pity I have to go up to Carindale in the mornings because it is so much less congested at Browns Plains. However to get to work on time means Carindale, so I put up with the people who really get on my goat and work around them. Although this morning I did have a word or two to say about one person. See, what they do, is they get on a machine and do a set of exercises, then they sit there and sit and sit and sit, thinking about the next set. It's okay with a lot of the machines as there are two of them, but at least two of the machines I do my reps on are sole types. And that's where they sit and think. Drives me crazy. When I am doing mine, I tend to do a set, get up and move the muscles, go back and do another set, or I do a series of sets on different machines to work different muscles. I try not to sit there and cogitate on the world and its problems. I do wish others would do the same. Guess I am getting to be a grumpy old lady. But it does hack me off.

Okay, time to go pick up the bro. He has been having his car serviced and rung to ask if I could pick him up and take him to pick it up tonight. I could, and would, so I am.

See you all tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:52 AM   #160  

morning girls just a wee quickie im trying to get craig uop and organised for his chemistry exam ,, i still need next weeks challenges and this weeks results from some of you if i can have them by this evening as i will be announcing the winner tonight {my time } thanx ladies ,oops have to go his hair wont go right lol
kirsty
Old 02-07-2005, 07:48 AM   #161  
Suzi in Auz

Hi girls,
A really really quick post ( which usually means a long one) I have DH away for the week in Perth, Melbourne and Adelaide. It means I am naughty and stay up on the puter...tutut.
Dinner at the Chinese restaurant was absolutely fab! Sahrk fin soup, Lobster,
Peeking duck, Chinese Pork, Parrot fish, special fried rice and chinese veges...YUM
The city was really buzzing with all the celebrations and it has made me think that I might take the kids in for Chinese New Year on Wed. We'll see, i'm a little cross at the mo with not going to bed antics tonight ..
I really seemed to blow everything this weekend, 2kgs crept up on me from no where ...uggg. Oh well tomorrow is another day and today was completely OP. I was very Anal about it because I have been so silly with myself.
I am back to my challenge thank you Linus. have 1 point towards it today. Yaaay.
Positivity is truely infectious. I had a great positive note sent to me today and it changed my whole mood. I can easily slip into this silly place after berrating myself with weekend antics but today I just pulled myself up and dusted off the crap.
One of the things that was sent to me was about our days...think of how you were successful with your day today...not the things that got you down but the things that were true successes. these can be anything. Write them down. Think of black spot on the page. So often all we can see is the black spot. Really it's a white page with a tiny black speck! I liked this.
A little quote for you all
“Essentially, a great life is nothing more than a series of great, well-lived days strung together like a necklace of pearls. As you live your days, so you create your life.”
I have started to string mine for the week.
Holly ...it is so interesting to take a look at ourselves and see that we are living that dream, it may be different than we expected but it is still the dream. things change, idealism vanishes a little, the dream doesn't die though it just evolves.
I better get to bed, i am starting to ramble.
Have wonderful days and I am thinking of you all
Tig ....you rock! PB...alright!
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 07:53 AM   #162  

Talking Hold On To Your Hats!!

Oh my goodnight!! I do believe something's happened at last!! Now I can confess that on Saturday morning I had a sneaky peak on the scales but as it was not off icial weigh-day I couldn't let on the resultsI HAVE LOST 5 LBS!!!!! I am astounded to say the least! I do confess though that it is not due to excersise other than 1 walk for about 45 minutes with Holly right at the beginning of the week I have not been out at all. It certainly is more due to the lack of eating over the last few days. I have been completely off my appetite and have eaten breakfast occassionally...usually a yoghurt but that is what I normally have. Lunch has been soup as usual most days but dinner has been a right problem. I have cooked it and looked forward to eating it all but have ended up giving a third of it to Holly...needless to say she has been delighted! So I don't know what to say about the challenge. I have failed totally on the Diamond Video but the other part was to lose at least 1 lb. I will leave it up to our new esteemed leader, Linus, to award what she thinks fit!!
TIG congratulations on the latest run..The Tooth Trot!! As usual you have done brilliantly!!
Linus you must be very pleased with DS to get on so well with his exams. Coo you talking about them really does bring back memories! I 'spect he will be relieved when they are all over and done with too.
HOLLYHOCK I am sorry to read that you are having a horrible time at present, yesterday especially. I hope DH comes round and is his all-loving self again very soon. It must be terrible to live in a house so fulll of tension every day. Doesn't do your health much good for a start. Well done for being the first to make moves toward reconciliation. That must be the hardest thing in the world to do, especially when you know the other person should be making those moves first!!
SHAD it was great to talk to you over the phone at the weekend at last. Sorry it is such a heatwave over there! Give me chilly old England anytime...I think!! Upping those weights again?! Gosh, look out folks..we will have weight-lifter in our midst soon and will be able to watch her lifting for Australia in the next games!!!
Ok. Time for the news and lunch. Take care everyone. Looking forward to talking to you tonight, Miss Linus.
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:09 AM   #163  

I go to sleep and then wake to all these wonderful posts form worldly chicks. Great way to start a day!!!!

Tig~ woohoo! You are an inspiration.
Shad~ great workout again!! Give those machine hoggers the boot!
Suzi~ the dinner sounds yummy. Drink lots of water. That food has tons of sodium.Flush that bod!
Teel~ congrats on the loss! Have a great week!

Miss Mel posted in her journal that the rosacea has flared up. She is off to the Doc. HUGS and prayers dear Mel!

Yesterdays recap... Dh came home and he was kind and cheerful. He has worked through his feeling and let them go.We had a fun evening . He and the kids watched the superbowl. I only watch halftime.
Paul McCartney... I absolutely think Paul is a dream in many ways. When I watch him perform I fell spiritually uplifted and joyful. I LOVE how he lives his life. I LOVE how much he loved Linda and now Heather. I LOVE how he values and supports his children. I LOVE how he uses his fame and wealth to be an example of goodness. The halftime show made my day!!
I did not over eat at all yesterday. I was in a total groove. I felt connected to my spirit. Today I will aim for the same!!!!!!

Here is a pic of me form last weekend. I have another one that is too big to post. I dont know how to scale it down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hmama (2).jpg (11.4 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-07-2005, 12:34 PM   #164  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Nae~ Hope we both get the challenge right this week! LOL Thanks for the kind words. However did you burn the rig? Hope the turtles appreciate all the work!!!

Holly~Men tend to sulk. Good for you that you are letting it go. Hope you feel better all over!!! ((((HUGS)))))) Glad there is harmony restored in the Hollyhock household! Love Paul too and a very cute pic of you!!

Meadow~ Thanks for the pic. It reminds me when he was in that movie with Daryl Hannah and playing brothers! Hope you don't get snowed in. I hear we might get some over the weekend after our near 50 degree days are gone!

Linus~ Hope Craig does well!!! Thanks for taking us all on!!! I am starting off the week very well today! Have a good one!

Tig~You must be so proud!!! and to have to back track too and still get a trophy!!!! Very nice!!! congratulations!!!

Shad's taxi sertvice is available for parties and weddings also! People get more selfish and less thoughtful every day it seems! MOVE THAT BUTT!!! (is that what you said?)
Have fun with the boys. I look forward to their next report card!

Suzi~ Dinner sounded great and glad you enjoyed the celebration. I jus saw a thing about this being the Chinese New Year and the year of the rooster. Have a good time if you go and enjoy the week!!! Pamper, Pamper, Pamper!!!

teel~ Sorry to hear about the appetite but WOW!!! Nice weight loss! Congratulations!!! You must be very excited!! Please send your scale over here along with the appetite loss!! I am freezing also and think I should fly over to you and we both go to Shad's till Spring thaw!!

I went to the Dr's to get a prescription refilled....or the paper I mean. Dermatology Clinic this time. The rosacea is too close to the inner corner of the eye......if it moves any closer they want to see me. I had the paper dropped at the pharmacy and will go back on the meds again. This time I told him that I am retaining water, gained 4 lbs, have a sinus problem and can feel fluid everywhere. He can see the difference also. My cheeks and legs are bloated. He is betting on it being stress related after we talked and so am I. I felt it coming on all week before the face actually bloomed last night. So I am getting out my info from the Mayo clinic and going over it again. Meditation here I come and Thy name WILL be Melody! He said the stress problem is obviously here to stay and I need to get a very quick grip on it. so I will. I just feel bloated and "clogged" up all over. Neck and back are hurting from the water. It would be tolerable but for all the sinus drugs. They make me feel brain dead! The place was mobbed when he sent me to the Allergy/Sinus clinic. They said GO HOME!!! Thank God!!! So here I am sitting an whinging!!!
Have a great day everyone whilst I go and get out my Harry Potter dvds and lie down!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #165  

Default And The Winner Is !!!!!

here are this weeks results chickies {sorry there a wee bitty late}
mel=royal pardon
teel=5
suzi=6
tig=7
meadow=never logged result
holly=7
linus=2
shad=fighting the good fight
rose=5
AND THE WINNER S ARE MISS TIG AND MISS HOLLY WELL DONE LADIES and suzi is the lady in waiting
well done to all and ill post next weeks challenges later
kirsty