Old 01-22-2005, 10:46 PM   #46  
Closed

Hi Everyone
Cristi, I hate that feeling to , the overall feeling is miserable I know, I do hope you feel better for your daughter 21'st birthday my daughter 28th birthday is on tuesday.Both my kids and myself have started feeling under the weather , it started with DS and then DD and now of course Me, it always gets back to me Its just this time of year, we got a lot of snow today, hoping DS will shovel when he gets home, DD's Boyfriend always shovels for us, when he's not here to do it, now how sweet is that.He asked her today what kind of a house she would like, now I'm getting nervous, I hope she's ready ,because I'm not Oh ,to turn back the clock a little, or maybe a lot, time is rushing by,I haven't done much today at all , loaded the dishwasher, read a little, just one of those days,when you just can't get motivated, even though I was up bright and early. I certainly have a lot of catching up to do. not looking forward to the task.My kitty Bri is like Erni. she doesn't leave me when I'm sick she cuddles as close as she can get , and watches me,for hours, poor thing probably gets so stressed out , she has been this was for 17 years.Well I guess there isn't much else to catch up on, Do get lots of rest Cristi,stay in bed, do what you need to ,to take care of yourself, If you don't post tomorrow , we will catch up on Monday, Take Care (((HUGS)))
To Everyone else , hope your having a wonderful night and weekend,
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 04:14 AM   #47  
GmaTo8

Good Sunday morning to you!

Ellen - when your DD does get married or move out, will she still be in the same city? I hope so. Your house will be very quiet, but the Jaded Ladies will be here for you. Maybe you could get some outside interests going for yourself. Get involved in a church, or do visits with shut-ins, or other volunteer work. Call some friends in for lunch, or better yet, meet them out somewhere. I'm not looking forward to the day Katie moves. She's the baby, and it will affect me, I'm sure.

Pam - we had to reset our options, too, regarding security. Why oh why can't the computer read our minds and know the things we want and the ones we don't, lol. You'd think on this new computer, I'd have a button for that, lol.

Cristi - aww, that's sweet about Ernie. Molly is the same way, but only with me, not the rest of the family, lol. She likes to be where I am most of the time. Hope you're feeling better today!

Marti - so how'd you spend your night? Find a good movie? Neal and I watched one called Entrapment last night, with Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones. It was made in 1999, but somehow, we missed it. He sure is hot for an old guy!

For those who asked, I think Neal and I will travel to see family most. I have a sister who's not too far away, but he has sibling spread out, and some cousins, too, that's he'd love to see. Since we'll be on a retiree's budget, we'll probably visit the ones with a guest bedroom, lol.

I'm headed back to bed, so I won't take time to visit the book thread, but want to mention that I've already finished the John Grisham novel The Broker. It was hard to put down, and I highly recommend it!

Have a good Sunday!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:41 AM   #48  
RosieKate

Good morning All!
Just popping in for a quick hi....Cristi I sure hope you feel better soon.....
Marti - I do 30 minutes on my stepper on the days I can't get out to walk, so I guess it's kind of the same. I watch the little tv in the playroom that only gets NBC and PBS, so I've been watching Passions by default...what a wierd little show.

Pam - my daffodils and crocus are starting poke up ...it's way early, but our winter has been mild. Usually the first big plants to leaf out are my weeping cherry and flowering quince, but they haven't shown signs yet.

Jane - Neal's retirement will be the beginning of a whole new wonderful life for you, if my ILs experiences are typical. They volunteer, they travel, they do lots of stuff with their grandchildren...they are blissfully happy. Now you do lots of this stuff already...but with your partner by your side it will be even better!

Ellen -Yay for snow...we didn't get any this year...but that's not unusual. You should get out for a walk and breathe in that snowy air...it's invigorating. DD's BF sounds like a prince...you will be a great MIL.....so many men don't know what they want; it has to be nice to know one who does.

Hi to everyone else....DH's grandma, newly recovered from pneumonia, has to undergo a needle biopsy tomorrow as there is something building up in her lungs still. This on top of DSG passing last week. Tough week for the ILS. We just kind of jump everytime the phone rings.

Today is church...tonight I have a book group meeting...discussing Life of Pi. In between I need to bake a treat to take and I'll be poring over my brand new WW cookbooks I just received from Amazon. The Take Out Tonight looks especially good as it has more international dishes and I am looking forward to trying some new things.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-23-2005, 10:58 AM   #49  
PamPSM644

1 st cup of coffee and watching Sunday Morning on CBS. Good mag. show. Very diverse subjects and commentaries. One thing I learned this morning was theres a new type of med beganning to spread. For $150 more a month you can buy a personal Doc who will spend all the time you want explaining things and no waiting to see.You get more preventive care and get educated.A check up will be detailed and may take a couple hours. You even get a small disk to carry with you with all med history, and get this, your Doc's personal cell phone number. Great huh? $1500. extra on top of what you already pay.The only thing bad is that this means the rich still are getting the best care. I believe that everyone should get the same but until med is nationalized like in England that will never happon.

Ellen, my son moved out once. I cried and thought I was going to be so lonely, but it was kind of nice and I got used to it. He came back when he got run over by a truck, in the crosswalk, and had a 17hr surgery putting 3 pins in his hip to hold it together.He had to recoop for 6 mon and it took a walker to help him get around.I'm glad he's here and enjoy his company when I get it.

Jane,It'll be like you and Neal are on an extended honeymoon when he retires. I can't wait to see the places you go and things you get to do.

Cristi,Erni is a very good baby.My Bon Bon follows me around put is not so quit devoted. He'll go out and lay in the sun and play in the back yard without me. I have an old cat,Nitro,who keeps very close tabs of me. Then theres Baby Huey, a 16lb long haired yellow Tom who rules the roast and keeps his eye on all of us.He's a rescue who really loves his home.

Katy, you and Angie are so busy.There must be puffs of wind trailing behind your foot steps because your moving so fast.

Marti,maybe you need to dump your PC to. I have to say ours is working nicely now. When I thought, for a brief moment, we might lose it I felt panic trying to rear it's ugly head.

Not much to do today. Some laundry and trip to store but not much more. Will check on you ladies later. Hugs to all . Pam
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:48 PM   #50  
a work in progress

Default Am I post #50?

No clue how to start another thread, or if I even CAN....but I know we usually switch at about #50...

Happy Sunday morning to y'all...Tim and I have side-by-side computers...he plays Half Life 2 (some kind of super hightech sci-fi game with monsters to shoot and grenade launchers and gunfire that is way too loud), and I come on here to chat with you guys, and write, and play Sims...and drink my coffee... I have my Eeyore slippers on, and my hair is in a big messy tangled ponytail, and he loves me anyway -- ain't life grand?

I read through the last two threads to catch up on everyone.

Angie, I want to see your red hair! Bet it looks great and really suits your personality I haven't seen Pageant yet, but I definitely want to. Six Women with Brain Death ran at that same theater for like...6 years. The cast kept rotating, and I saw it at least 5 times.

Marti, it's so cool to have a brand new exercise toy that is fun to use and makes you look forward to working out. That's really the key, isn't it -- finding a way to workout that keeps you coming back for more.

Jane, congrats on your new computer! It's always lots of fun to figure out all the bells and whistles on a new machine. And your granddaughters are so cute. I have three sons, so I keep telling them that at least ONE of them better produce a granddaughter for me someday...it's my turn to have a little girl to play with.

Cristi, I didn't see any pics of you, only of your house? But I really liked the new green color for your walls. That shade of green is very natural, tranquil and soothing. I never paint my walls anything but plain old boring white.

Pam, 85 degrees?!?!? Where in CA do you live that it's 85?? I am in Northern CA and it's been soooooo cold here...well, not cold like Ellen's -26 (brrrrrrrr!), but cold for us, like 48 for the high temp. And it's been so gray and dreary, foggy every morning, no sun, really gets you down.

Ellen, hope Amelie starts feeling better soon. Distressed mama kitties tend to distress everyone around them.

Busy week, got a lot done, though. Took Thurs, Fri, and Mon off for a long weekend, got my bills paid, got my car serviced (first 7500 miles, keeps it covered on the warranty), visited with my oldest son, finished the re-fi paperwork and signing for my house (we wanted to cash out some equity to pay off a couple of things and get some home improvements done). Need to go grocery shopping today; I have about 1/3 of a gallon of milk left, and ONE egg. Tomorrow I need to start calling around -- we want to go to Disneyland for our anniversary in March, so gotta start checking around for good deals.

Hope everyone has a great day...

Katiecat
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:51 PM   #51  
a work in progress

Default oh, and almost forgot...

In the whole thong/flip-flop controversy? I grew up in Los Angeles, and when I was a kid, we called them beachwalkers -- but I've never heard anyone else call them that since.
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:03 PM   #52  
PamPSM644

Katiecat, I'm in Highland, close to San Bernardino. Right below Big Bear. Going to Disneyland are you. I'm jealous. Disneyland is one of the reasons I started to loss weight. I love the place. Pam PS. We called them Thongs.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 03:38 PM   #53  
GmaTo8

Exclamation

See you over at Chit Chat #107!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote