Old 01-19-2005, 11:59 AM   #1  
Fit by Forty

Lightbulb New Group...Fit by Forty #1

I decided to start a new group here. Fit by Forty. I'm almost 33 and I want to have this eating and exercise under control so that when the forty's roll around, I'll have some smooth sailing through them.
Anyone who wants to be fit by forty is more than welcome to join this group. This will be an open minded, out spoken, but very supportive group. We'll share our ups and downs, our ins and outs, new food finds, new recipes, we'll have daily exercise accountability and weekly weigh-ins.
We'll try to have a different daily/weekly goal for all of us to work at, such as, drinking 8 glasses a day, exercising 30 min a day for a week, daily exercise challenges as well, like 3 sets of 10 push ups etc.
The main reason that we all should be here is for weightloss and supporting one another. And I'm sure we'll all make some good friends along the way.
If you'd like to join this group, just cut and paste this "introduction" of sort into your reply.
Name: Kelly

DH/DB/DK: DH Patrick of 8 1/2 yrs, DS 14 yrs DD 11 yrs

Pets: 2 cats..Tango and Cash and 1 black female lab Chevy

Work: Full time waitress and supervisor at a Steakhouse

Exercise: 30 minutes a day to Sharon Mann's morning T.V. program

Goals: To lose 11 lbs by summer. Making a lifestyle change, learning to eat better and healthy, with proper portion control, focusing on fruits and veggies, fish, poultry and pork..limiting carbs, and exercising at least 5 times a week, and to be ready for swimsuit season.
krazykellyontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:35 PM   #2  
Fit by Forty

I know there has to be some takers! LOL
Old 01-19-2005, 06:01 PM   #3  
Kim

Name: Kim
DS-13
Location-Jonesboro, AR
Pet: Cat named Navi (short for Navidad, we found him on Christmas)
Work: RN in the ICU
Exercise: 45-70 minutes on eliptical 4days/week, weights 2-3 days/week, 50 minutes of circuit training one day/week, exercise video WATP 1 day/week, Sunday's for resting.
Goals: Short term: 2/4-148
Final goal weight: 4/1-135
Another goal is to add more vegetables to my diet.
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:05 PM   #4  

I'm in!! I'll be 40 in 9 months!!

Can I get to 150 by then? hmmm maybe..Please keep me on track.

WOOHOO!!! i'm PSYCHED!!!

Name: Maria

DH/DB/DK: DH Rob 17 yrs married 2 kids

Pets: 3 cats..1 gecko

Work: Cake decorator

Exercise: 30-45 minutes 4-5 times a week/ including weights

Goals: to be 218 by 2/14; 190 by June; 170 by October; 150 by January 06
THEN TRY AND GET TO 125 so I can get into a red bikini by June 06

Last edited by chocolatecatz; 01-19-2005 at 06:10 PM.
chocolatecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:00 PM   #5  
Fit by Forty

Smile

Welcome ladies!

Kim you seem to be right on track. It's always the last 10 lbs or so are the hardest to lose. So I'm told. Your pic looks great! How long ago did you find your cat at Christmas? Sounds like a really nice story.

Marie, you sound like you are pumped! Being a cake decorator must try your will power! I know how it can be as I work in a restaurant. How old are your kids? Does the rest of your family like the idea of trying new recipes and foods?

Check in and post often. I want to know how you are doing and what's going on with you throughout the day.
I've done pretty well today. Cept for the icecream I ate this afternoon. But I shovelled the friggin snow 3 times today and I took the dog for a walk plus I did my half hour of exercise this morning so I think I can swing the icecream. Are either of you following a specific diet? I'm just trying to eat healthy really. Hoping that with that and exercising that everything will fall into place, or fall out of place I guess..lmao
Not doing nothing tonight. Going to check and see what's on the t.v. I'm a reality t.v. junkie! Mostly shows like the bachelor/ette, American/Canadian Idol. Trading Spouses. But I do love all the CSI shows, Without a Trace and pretty much anything on the Food Network.
Tomorrow I'm working a split, 10:30 till 2ish and then back in at 6 till around 10ish. I never really have a set time when I'm going to be done. All depends on how busy we are.
Well I'm off to check some other threads. Looking forward to getting to know you both more!
Old 01-19-2005, 11:31 PM   #6  
Kim

Wow. You both have challenging jobs. I would be pigging out on cake. Steak and steak fries sound pretty good too. I had been doing so well since Dec. 26th, and for some reason today I blew it. I had an all out binge. I've been doing ww flex points with some girls that I work with, but I don't go to meetings. I haven't been able to control myself today for some reason....it may be PMS. Actually, I have stayed within points using the flex points system. This is the first time I've used any flex points since Christmas. Oh well, tomorrow's a new day. Kelly, I also like Trading Spaces. I've been hooked on The Biggest Loser here lately, but last night was the last show. Thanks for the compliment on my pic. I got my cat Christmas before last. My girlfriend found him at our church. Someone had dropped him off there. She was going to keep him herself, but he didn't get along with her cat. My son and I love him. He is always getting into mischief though. It is so great to meet the two of you. I'll try to check in daily.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:54 PM   #7  
Fit by Forty

How is everyone doing today so far? I'm right on track I think! LOL Did my 1/2 exercise program then after I got done my lunch shift I came home and took the dog out for a half hour walk. I think she's pooped out!

KimI get that some times too when I'm pmsing. I eat what ever is in sight and sometimes it looks like there is no end to the eating! LOL Just stay focused and ask yourself these questions before you given...Am I really hungry? Do I really want/need this? How is this going to help my weightloss? Hope that helps for ya. Should practice what I preach! LOL

MarieHow is your day going? Did you get your exercise in yet today? Hope your eating is good today for ya.

I'm off to check out some other threads. Good luck and I'll talk with you soon.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:37 PM   #8  
Kim

Hello. I've had a great day so far. I stayed up late last night to get back on night shift schedule, and I slept until 4:00pm. I went to the gym at 5:00 and did a circuit training class for 50 minutes, then the treadmill for 15 minutes, then the elliptical for 35 minutes. Whew....100 minutes of cardio. I'm off to a good start. For my first meal, I had Kashi heart to heart cereal with skim milk (2 servings). I love that stuff. I've had 40 ounces of water so far. I have to work 11p-7a tonight, then in the morning I have my first meeting with a personal trainer. It's actually an intern so I get to see her for free. Is that awesome or what?!? I hope I learn some good stuff. I hope she shows me how to get rid of this hail damage on my butt and the back of my legs. Wish me luck girls. Talk to ya later.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:43 AM   #9  
Kim

Well, I just got home and I am so tired. I have a wonderul personal trainer. I'm going to be soooo sore tomorrow. She measured my body fat and to my surprise it was 22.3. The normal for a female is 18-22. She told me that a college athletes is usually 20. I can't hardly believe it. 4 months ago I could barely do 30 minutes of cardio and weighed 175 pounds. I can't wait to lose these last 18 pounds. She thinks I'll drop 6 within the next 2 weeks with the new workouts. That would be great. Then I'd only have 12 to go. I may be able to wear a bathing suit this summer after all. How are you girls doing? Hows the exercise going? I'll probably just wake up at 5:30 and go straight into work. Have a great day!
Old 01-21-2005, 02:58 PM   #10  
Fit by Forty

Good day ladies!
Just got in from workin my lunch shift. And let me tell you how friggin cold it is here in Ontario! It's -18degrees celsius and that's not including the wind chill factor! I'm getting sick and tired of winter already!
I did well last night, hubby made one of those deliciosous pizza and I only had one slice of it where as I could easily devour half the pizza!
Not much going on today. I'm doing good eating so far, and I got my exercise in this morning. Too cold to take the dog our for a walk today so I'm hoping it will be a bit warmer out tomorrow.

Kim Great going on your exercises! You'll be a skinny minny in no time flat! Does work those funny shifts have any impact on your weightloss...negative or possitive? Hope you aren't to sore tomorrow. Anything planned for this weekend?

Well, I'm off to check out some other threads, I'll check in later.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:26 AM   #11  
Kim

Wow, Kelly. Great job on the pizza. I have no control with the stuff. I usually eat like half a medium. It's been a couple of months though. In 2 weeks, I'm going to reward myself with a "cheat day" and I'm planning on ordering one of those Dominos doublemelt pizzas. I can't wait. They are sooooo good. Way to go with your eating and exercise! I did good yesterday. I stayed within my points. Working the night shift does make it hard with weight loss. I want to munch more on the night shift, most night nurses do. Eating is a big stress reliever up there sometimes too. Fortunately most of us are dieting and that makes it a little easier. Most people are starting to backslide though. Actually, I'm not sore yet, for some reason. Well, I've got to get some sleep. Stay warm!
Old 01-23-2005, 08:05 PM   #12  

Hi all! I'll join! I'm new to 3FC but not new to trying to lose weight. I'll be 40 in just under 2 years and boy that sounds scary. I want to be fit by 40!

Name: Karen

DH/DB/DK: DH Les of 4 yrs, DD Kat, 19 yrs

Pets: None at this time

Work: Spanish teacher both in the classroom and Interactive Distance Learning

Exercise: Water aerobics 3-4 times a week, stationary bike and universal weights 2-3 times a week

Goals: Ultimate goal to get to 145. Mini goals to lose 7 pounds by 2/21/05, drink 6-8 glasses of water daily, eat healthy and exercise regularly.
kannwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:43 PM   #13  
Sherrie

Default Mind if I tag along

Name: Sherrie

DH/DB/DK: married to DH for 13 years no children

Pets: Cutest Bichon Frise on the planet -might be biased though

Work: Mixed media artist (and work part-time in the Registrar's Office of a College)

Exercise: working my way up to Weight training - 3 times a week, aerobic activity 5 times a week. Not doing so great yet

Goals: Ultimate goal to get to 125-130. Mini goals to lose 6 pounds by Valentines Day (another challenge on these boards)

Pleased to meet you all,

Hello Kelly -- girl can I relate-- it's been cold here in northern Alberta too. Does nothing to encourage me to go outside. Today we had a repreave though -- all the way up to +8 (from -40 last weekend during a cold snap). For those of you who don't know, we Canadians are almost ready to break out our summer shorts on days like this -- our winters last so long and once you've experienced the really cold stuff - +8 feels downright balmy....

Hi Kim -- look at you go with all that exercise. How inspiring.

Hi Marie -- Ooh that red bikini has to be motivating. You can do it!

Buenos dias Karen (hope I did that right - grade 11 spanish was A LONG time ago LOL) We have 2 years - 1 pound at a time. 40 - here we come!

The past few days have been an absolute minefield but so far I am proud (actually a more accurate word would be ASTOUNDED)to say that I haven't caved in. When I got to my office on Friday someone had left chocolates on my keyboard. When I walked into our lunch room a co-worker brought in freshly baked banana loaf to share. At 11:45 our boss brought in 9 large pizzas as a staff thank you. We keep a movie style popcorn machine in our office and at 3:30 another co-worker decided that a truckload of popcorn popped in oil sounded really good. At 4:00 pm I got a staff e-mail reminding me of dip-day next friday......Good grief. Thank goodness I job share and don't have to be around that all the time. I arrived home at
6:00 pm to a bag full of Reese's Peanut Butter cups on my kitchen counter (and a large container of bakery fresh cookies) - "because they were on sale" according to my DH who doesn't understand what it means to have food issues since he has the metabolism of a cheetah but justifies everything as "it's okay because I didn't buy it for you". A darling man in most ways but he just doesn't get it when it comes to this....sigh

So far I've been doing really well with the eating half of my plan. I have yet to really engage in the exercise half....but I'm working on it.

Here's to a new week free (or at lease less cluttered) of minefields. Hope you're all having a great day!

Abstract927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:30 AM   #14  
Fit by Forty

Smile

Good Morning ladies! And a big welcome to Karen and Sherrie!
How was everyone's weekend? I had an enjoyable weekend, but as for eating wise, it went out the window. And it showed this morning on the scale. I'm up a lb from last week. Seems I'm heading in the wrong direction and I just started! LOL It is TOM and I could blame it on that, or it might even it's self out over the week. I'll just have to watch myself more carefully on the weekend and no more going out after work for a burger and a few glasses of wine!
I really didn't get any exercise in this weekend except for shovelling some snow yesterday. We got dumped on again on saturday! It snowed all friggin day and into the night on Saturday. How depressing.

KIM Good for you for not back sliding with the other nurses. And you are doing great with your exercises! I need to step mine up a bit more I think.

KAREN Welcome aboard! It sounds like you are well on your way to your goals! Come back and tell us how your day went!

SHERRIE Great to see a fellow Canadian here! Sounds like we have similar dhs. Mine works in a big bakery where they make the muffins, cookies and bagels for Tim Hortons and they make the McGriddles for McDonalds. Well they have there own store at the plant where the employees can buy all of the above mentioned and then some. Which he usually does and brings them home and says they are for the kids. Yeah right. I have got to stay away from all those goodies! LOL Sounds like you did great on Friday by not indulging on any of the treats that crossed paths with you!
Well I'm off to check out some other threads and to get dd up for school. Everyone have a great day and I'll check back in later.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:04 AM   #15  
Fit by Forty

Just reporting that I got my 30 min of exercise in!(pilates)