Old 01-09-2005, 10:54 AM   #1  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Battle of the Bulge #7

Good morning everyone!
Here is the new thread! Enjoy!

Please remember that:
Monday- support day and a good day for tips on staying motivated
Tuesday- support day and a good day for reasons why we want to lose- I think that keeps us motivated more than anything when we reexamine why we want to lose..
Wednesday- "what have I been eating all week day" and I want to start trying to get everyone to share quick recipes or tips on cooking that work for them.
Thursday- "what I have done to move my bootie day" and I want to get everyone to start giving us an idea on how they work exercise into their lives and the things they enjoy doing.
Friday- support and influence day- lets make this a day we talk about anything or anyone that influenced our weight loss for the week- things like friends giving bad foods or a partner that supported our efforts.
Saturday- recap day- lets talk about the things we thought worked for us for the week and those that didn't- this might help us see where we strayed and where we stood firm.
Sunday- weigh in day and reaffirm goal day- give us an idea of your goals for the week, month, and long term.

Last edited by Crime girl; 01-09-2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:07 AM   #2  
Trying or Dying

Default Good morning again..

Okay now that the new thread is up and running I can post...
I got on the scale this morning and I am now at 280 down from 287 when I started this so I am thrilled! Just wanted to share my excitement!

Red- Please keep in mind that my post for you is just opinion and I don't in any way claim to fully understand the struggle you are going through at work. It is merely an interpretation of what I see and think from the amount I know of the situation and only to try to help. I reread my post and it seems kind of "know it all" and I dont mean it that way- I just hope it helps in some small way.
I am so happy you finally got to ride- you have got to be feeling so much better! I am betting it helped your stress levels as well.

Little grasshopper- Congrats on the weight loss!!! I hope you get to pick up some new foods tomorrow. I am amazed at the changes you are going through as you detox! WOW! I wonder if we all would go through those if we went through your program? Something to think about especially in regards to what we eat on a daily basis huh?

Question of the day:

If you could learn to do one thing - anything at all, right now, what would it be? Doesn't have to be the end all perfect thing, just what would you love to learn if money and time weren't an issue?

(Today's question provided by little grasshopper- thanks!! )
Okay well just wanted to jump on a sec- I will be on later and I am going to attempt a recap today. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Last edited by Crime girl; 01-09-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:14 PM   #3  

Good afternoon everyone!

Sorry to see that no one's active right now.....

Well, as you can tell by my updated signature, I lost 7 lbs this week! Whoo hoo!!! I couldn't believe it when I saw that number on the scale. Finally seeing some results and hoping to continue what I started last week!

CG - great job! That is so awesome!!! We're right in line with each other. I just want to thank you for keeping me motivated and on track with our little "challenge." I need things like this to keep me going, so thank you!

As far as my goals are concerned, I am hoping for each week to stay on plan. My plan is to stay at or under my 30 WW points each day, work out 30 minutes at least 5 days a week, and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. My goal for January is to get down to 250, which is to lose 11 more pounds by the end of the month. Long term, I want to get down to 165, which was my weight before I started packing it on about 5 years ago! I have not set a time constraint on that goal, I just want to make it happen!

Today's question -- if money and time weren't an issue, I would love to learn to swim with the dolphins. I'm a huge collector of dolphin "stuff" and it's always been my dream to take one of those excursions where you get to swim with them, but I could never afford it. I've taken dolphin cruises in Florida and South Carolina, which were breathtaking, but I'd love to learn to swim with them and perform tricks....weird, I know. But hey, what the heck.....

As a reward to myself for doing so well last week, I'm going to go give myself a pedicure and manicure! I'll be checking back in.....keep up the good work ladies! I can't wait to hear everyone's successes...talk to you later!

kelly
Old 01-09-2005, 02:23 PM   #4  
Trying or Dying

kjk-
I am so thrilled!!!! Congrats!!!

I know you have got to be excited! I am also glad we decided to do this challenge or there is no way I would have exercised this week since I have not been feeling well.

My goals this week are to :
stay on 1200 calories a day
exercise at least 5 times this week
drink 8- .5 liters bottles of water a day
I still want to lose to 270 by Jan 31st so that is 10 more pounds.

Okay well- good for you rewarding yourself kjk!
More later-
Old 01-09-2005, 03:39 PM   #5  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking Hat-trick!!

Good morning. Just up, drinking my daily coffee. I left all my work till this morning. I was just too tired yesterday. Dressage knocks you out. It is SO much exercise, all core stuff and that's something I never do. Really should do this pilates (oh bore me to tears!). I know it's supposed to be great. You see, the caffeine has already kicked in . . . brain shut down, motor mouth!

I MUST do my work and am promising to not post before I get the first draft done, BUT I wanted to wish you amazing bunch of losers CONGRATULATIONS!!! What is going on here!! Everyone, Crime girl (thanks for the new thread by the way!), grasshopper, kjk, you have all posted a loss. Great stuff! That's a round of applause for each of you! I hope to be joining you soon!

Later!
Old 01-09-2005, 04:49 PM   #6  

Hi.. Crime girl, i'm pleased I could be there for you. Currently I am at work and doing a bit of a stealth check on the site! In answer to your question the thing I would love most to learn to do right now is surf! That way I can spend quality time with my BF doing something he loves, and I would develope some core muscles! Also I would be making the most of the awesome coastline I live on.

I'll come back later when I have more time to tell you a bit about myself (i usually post on the 20 somethings post).

Cheers
Tiffany
Old 01-09-2005, 04:51 PM   #7  

p.s Red balloon - do you do grand prix? I used to do dressage, I got my pony up to elementary before I got way too tall for him :-(
Old 01-09-2005, 04:59 PM   #8  
Never give up

NBK, hi there! What's the time in New Zealand. It's 7 a.m. here. You must be an hour or two ahead of Japan, right? Well, it's good to see you. You acquired major points in Crime girl's book when you came to her rescue that lonesome day last week! Grand prix, oh my! no way, not yet. I am very low level. My horse is a handful, she's part Haflinger, cold-blood pony so you know that means she's not the most eager to move. So my progress is really hampered by her just not going forward. Still, I feel that I am learning so much from her because she really makes me learn the true basics, footfall and such, whereas most people, at least here are used to hot-blooded Thoroughbreds and such, who are just always ready to move for you. They're like, "oh, oh, is this want you want? or this?" whereas my girl is like "what the heck was that?, do you expect me to do something?" kick, buck, get annoyed. . .

Oh, yes, surfing is probably the same as dressage as far as working your core muscles goes. I think it's probably the best analogy too, balancing and working with a living creature, the ocean! the waves! having to be prepared to deal with sudden unexpected movements, "reading" what's going on beneath you. I'm afraid of the ocean though. Don't like the water though I've done kayaking and sea kayaking. Whereabouts in N.Z. are you?

Glad to have you posting with us, stealthy you. Hope to hear more from you.

Last edited by redballoon; 01-09-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys!! What losers you all are!!!

NBK - I grew up on the ocean (much smaller waves though, I'm sure) anyway, I tried to learn to surf! I got knocked out my first try The board came off my ankle and hit me in the head - I was out cold. I have tried a few times since but it seems a lot harder to stand up on little, short waves!

Crime girl - I'm so glad you're feeling better and that loss has to give you a boost! You're doing great things!!! Keep it up!

KJK - all the walking - you're gonna walk yourself right out of those pants soon! I'm really impressed by your getting up every day, so early to walk like that. You're my hero

Red - Your horse sounds wonderful!! And don't worry - you're eating well, and working out....it will all catch up with you! You're going to wake up one day to a huge loss!!!! Kick up that water consumption and enjoy the small pleasures in life! You earn it daily!!

Okay, I know I asked for the question, but now that I have to chose one thing I'm having a hard time. I guess it would be to speak, read and write Italian (that would put me close to spanish also). I have the cd's there's nothign really stopping me. Except me.

KJK - you're wanting to swim with the dolphins sounds wonderful! I got to swim with beluga whales in TX once. It was really really neat. Scary but neat! It was at sea world. I'll never forget it! I'm sure you're wanting something a little more thorough that my swim was though. It was really short and it took them an hour to teach us not to poke the soft spot on their heads! I got in the first minute - but we plugged on for an hour still

Well I made it to the gym today. I cycled for 30 then did lower body weights for 30 then sat in the sauna for 15. It was HOT. I felt good afterwards though. Being spotless on my diet today - not even the mostly okay rewards are allowed today Here are the foods I'm bringing in to be tested on..

yucca root (can't have potatoes, this might be a good sub)
sweet potato (nice dessert)
goat milk (and cheese and sourcream)

They will also test things like honey, eggs, grains and night shades (peppers, tomatoes, eggplant) I don't expect to get those back yet, but I'd be okay with eggs or honey - I think I'd freak if I could have honey!

I bought an organic/dark chocolate bar as my reward for being so good for the past month - I'm going to have some after my visit and then immediately freeze the rest. (too expensive to throw away).

well before the book gets longer I'd better stop! Talk to you all later!!
Old 01-09-2005, 06:32 PM   #10  
Trying or Dying

Default Hey everyone!

So glad everyone is getting on today- I was beginning to worry earlier..

little grasshopper- I am crossing my fingers for eggs and honey. I think those two things would make a lot of difference for you. Let us know when you find out- I am dying to know how things will work out.
Italian would be really fun to learn- it is such a romantic language. You should do that! Then you can teach me!
Good job on the exercise and I think your reward is a great idea.

red balloon- I am still so jealous of your horse. I bet she is so beautiful! I really miss riding!

NBK- red is right- you are my hero! If you would not have talked me down I wouldn't have done so well this week- thanks again!
Are you from New Zealand originally? lived there all your life? I would love if you get a chance to tell us some things about you.

Okay- I better go- need to go for a walk- I am going to take Charlie and he might just have a heart attack that I am taking this early in the night. He loves to get out and explore and he has been dragging today!
Back later-
Old 01-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #11  
Never give up

Smile getting through my work . . .

Ok, allowing myself a quick post here even though I'm not done with my work.

Grasshopper, you're doing great with all your exercise. Italian! Yes, that's the language I want to learn next, either that or Cantonese. I have a good friend in Italy. Do you want to write to her? She speaks excellent English.

Crime girl, who's Charlie? Don't think you mentioned him. I'm taking it it's a dog.

Yes, my horse is beautiful. Small and stocky. Chestnut (same as my hair) (that's horse "chestnut" which is like auburn) with a white blaze (that's a streak down her face) and a white mark on her muzzle that looks like a map of South America and she has one white sock. She has a big head for her body size and huge dark brown eyes. She is so pretty and varies from looks of utter boredom and annoyance to ones of extreme indignation such as "you fool! did you forget my sugar again?!?!" She looks and is very smart, that's why she gives me such a hard time! Are you more jealous now? tee-hee-hee. . .

Last edited by redballoon; 01-09-2005 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #12  
stormy1

Hi everyone. I'm home again! I really missed everyone. I hope everyone is doing great. CG and KJK, congrats on the weightloss. You are both doing so great! I loss 2 pounds this week. I did well at school. I ate really well Thursday through Saturday. No cheating plus I made time for exercise despite having little time. I even got some of the girls who I split the hotel with to exercise with me. Today is my cheat day for the week. I had one of those kid's real snack packs at the movies. We saw White Noise after my hubby picked me up from the airport. Now he is going pick up Mexican food. So I will really be cheating! KJK, I like your wish to swim with the dolphins. I have swam with them before. It is a great experience. I have also swam with Whale Sharks in Honduras, that was really awesome. They are huge!!! I know that there is a place in the Keys (grassy key) where you can swim with the dolphins. You can help feed them, play games with them, etc. It is at the dolphin research center there.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:02 PM   #13  
Never give up

Talking Welcome back, stormy!!

Stormy, welcome back!! I was thinking about you and hoping you were doing well. Great going while you were at school. Eating well AND working out. Fantastic! Now that is dedication. And of course, congratulations on your weight loss!

Yes, I would have expected you to have done whale or dolphin swimming with your love of the water and ocean.

Have fun with your eating day. Instead of a "cheat day" which sounds so negative, I think you should call it your "indulgence day" or "privilege day" or something like that, no? Yes, preferential treatment for someone who has put in a week's worth of hard work!

Last edited by redballoon; 01-09-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:18 PM   #14  
stormy1

Red, I like that "Indulgence Day" !

How are you? How has your exercise and eating been? How are you feeling? Is work going any better?
Old 01-09-2005, 07:19 PM   #15  
Trying or Dying

Hi again!
Stormy- I am with red-you should do away with the title "cheat". It is definitely a deserved day for someone who has worked hard. I like "reward" day or "guilt free day". Congrats on the weight loss!
That is real dedication to stay on the program while juggling school and being away from home. Great job!

red balloon-to answer your question - Charlie is my dog- the barrel on legs. He about had a heart attack on our walk- all the smells and he got to go further than he ever does. He was so excited and it made me walk further then I intended.
Your horse makes me insansely jealous and I can see why you are willing to sacrifice to have her.

Okay- more later- need to go eat supper before it gets too late.
Closed Thread