Old 01-12-2005, 03:59 PM   #16  

CHris- I forgot to thank you for what you said about Ella's name. Her full name is Ella Georgia Faith! I know it's long, but we picked Georgia for a woman who was an amazing person and meant so much to us. I wanted to honor her with that. Faith we picked b/c we had 2 boys and we were praying and putting all our faith in God to give us a baby girl. Ella I picked. I thought a girl's name should be feminine and when I looked it up it actually means very beautiful woman with fairylike traits! So I guess it was perfect. When people ask her name they always say it sounds so "southern belle" which I love since I am a huge fan of Gone With the Wind. Your daughters names are also beautiful and the reasons you chose them are perfect. Thanks again!!
stephi1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:00 PM   #17  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Stephanie-Too cool. Tiana's middle name is Faith too. Okay, here's all there names. Tiana Faith Garcia, Kayla Marie Smith, Nicole Maylee Smith. Nicole's middle name came from my Grandma's and my dh's mother. My grandma died 1 month before Nicole was born...so we used the May...and Kelly's mom almost died earlier that year too so she got the Lee from her.

Michelle-Okay....SPILL IT! What book were you reading? I love to read and I'm that way too. If it's good, I don't put it down until it's done. Esp. if its Dean Koontz or something else along that line. I'm looking for a good book to read.

Kristin-Maybe you need some protein in your lunch. That might give you some more energy. Of course, with all you've been through, you have a right to be drained and tired. God knows, I would be too.

Penny-HOpe your tum-tum feels better. I'm crossing my fingers that we don't get the flu for awhile. Nicole had it New Year's Day along with Tiana. That was enough for me. I don't know what's worse...having all the kids sick at once or spacing them out. The first is hectic and the second is time-consuming....

Okay...Dinner ideas? Hummm.....Maybe I need to click on the tv and watch 30-min. Meals. Whatcha think?

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #18  
Jeniqua

Hey ladies, this is going to be a quick post for me. I haven't been getting to bed before 1am this week and up by 6am. I think my tierdness is finally catching up with me. Today school was closed because we got freezing rain so I had a house full of children. It was very hetic here. Also because school was closed, so was the fitness center so I am just going to get ready and exercise. I did good with my water too. I am still very much motivated, but TIERD. Well I hope all you ladies have a great night. I'll be back in the morning.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #19  

Hey all, thought you might like this.

FAT BURNING FOODS

Besides our fat burning products (the most effective), here's a list of foods you can
eat which will wake up your metabolism and help you flush fat out of your system.

Citrus Fruits

Citrus fruits like, oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, lemons, and limes contain high concentrations of Vitamin C (this is also called ascorbic acid). This Vitamin C has a fat burning quality.

Vitamin C reduces the effectiveness of fat. It reduces its content and can liquefy or dilute fat. By diluting the fat, it makes it less effective, and easier to flush out of your system. Vitamin C also works on cholesterol deposits. Vitamin C can help burn out the cholesterol, hence, making it difficult for cholesterol deposits to form in blood vessels.

By adding Citrus Fruits to your daily diet, try every meal and also a snack, you will great increase your metabolism, increase your ability to get rid of fat, and also help you to control your cholesterol levels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soybeans

Soybeans contain lecithin, this chemical will shield your cells from accumulating fat. This chemical prevents, like a shield, fat from forming on your cells. It will also break down fatty deposits in your body.

Eat soybeans at least 3 times a week and you'll be boosting your bodies ability to get rid of fat. You can find soybeans in most health food stores.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apples, Berries, Fresh Fruit

Apples contain a chemical call pectin. This chemical is found in most berries, and fresh fruit. The pectin is in the cell walls of most fruits, especially apples.

Pectin limits the amount of fat your cells can absorb. This will put a natural limitation on the amount of fat your cells can absorb. Pectin, once in your system, has a water binding property, it absorbs watery substances, and these watery substances in turn bombards the cells and makes it release fat deposits.

Add applesauce (it's loaded with pectin), apples, fresh fruit and berries, to your diet and let the power of pectin pulverize the fat that accumulates on your cells. An apple a day can help keep the fat away.

Garlic Oil

Garlic oil or the juice of garlic has a significant protective quality to cells which help to reduce fatty deposits. When taken, it brings down the levels of fat. Garlic, garlic oil, or anything with garlic, also has an antibiotic property to it and can be used to cure many ailments. Please look at a home remedies page I wrote and you'll see all the uses garlic has to offer, but in brief, it can be used as an antibiotic, it also destroys bacterial infections, and has the power to reduce fat in your cells dramatically.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:04 AM   #20  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Melissa!
Great article!!!!

Thank you so much for posting that!

Gonna start a new thread! C-ya there!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote