Old 01-11-2005, 12:55 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Toning Talk #2

Hi Ladies!

Want to talk about your struggles and successes with weight loss and exercise? Need some encouragement to keep on keepin' on? You found the right place! Jump in with your ideas and concerns to help make this lifelong journey a positive one.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:03 PM   #2  
PamPSM644

I've got a question. Is there any means short of surgery to shrink skin back into shape?I'm surprised that I don't seem to have alot of lose skin so far but that doesn't mean I couldn't when I reach my goal.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Katy - About the Italian dressing, I'd just use however much you feel like sprinkling on, within points range. About the veggie burger I mentioned, it has mozzerella cheese in it along with the tomato and basil flavors, and is so good.

Cristi - the way I make the ww 0 point soup is good frozen, but I'm not sure how it would be with zuchinni or cauliflower. One thing, the tomatoes and lack of meat make it good for about 5 days anyway, without freezing.

Pam - I've read that it takes about 1 year for your skin to go back where it's going. Although after a certain age, it isn't going ALL the way back, lol. And I'm not sure that face skin ever goes back at all!

Remember how I told you the Crystal Light On the Go lemonade packs are so good? OMG, I just tried the raspberry flavor that I give the grandkids, and it is just as good, if you like raspberry stuff! What a nice way to get some of the water in. (I'm still leery about that, though!) But anyway, if you like raspberry, give it a try!
Old 01-11-2005, 05:43 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hurray to Cristi for the one pound gone!!! Take all you can get, anything is worth celebrating!!

This mention of Crystal lite got me to thinking that I need to make some and then take it to work. It's harder getting water in while at work. Can't have it with you at the computer station.....

So maybe having something flavored would help make it go down faster on breaks?
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:43 PM   #5  
Closed

Cristi
I'm not sure why Jane would suggest you record me ,I'm really not much to look at , but good for a laugh I suppose
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:02 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Ellen - you're too funny!

Marti - yes, try the Crystal Light! I think you'll like it.

About the soup - my Katie calls it "pointless" . I prefer the term "zero points", lol.

Had a near-misshap yesterday! I bought some chocolate candy that you can find only near Valentine's Day. And thought I could mete it out with no problem. Wrong! I had to use most of my evening points to cover what I ate, then gave what was left to Neal as soon as he got home, lol. At least I nipped it in the bud, but just proves that I can't let myself be around more than one piece at a time. Portion control - it's all about portion control, lol.

Hope things are going well for you today!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:22 AM   #7  
RosieKate

Jane I had a moment like that with some ice cream we had in the house - I just can't keep that stuff around....way too tempting. But I am back on track now - ice cream is gone....won't say how
Old 01-14-2005, 10:26 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Ice Cream Breath - er, I mean Katy, lol. It's all a learning process, isn't it? It takes me a while to figure things out sometimes! I truly thought I could handle the candy! One more thing to add to the 1-oz-at-a-time-list, lol.

Marti, Cristi, Pam - how's it going?

My weight is fine, and today I worked my rear end off in the house, moving 3 bookcases and unloading and reloading books and stuff. This also included cleaning everything while I was at it. Lots of bending and stretching - not normal housework. I'm bushed, but love the end result!

Have an OP weekend!!
Old 01-15-2005, 08:29 AM   #9  
RosieKate

Oh Jane - you know me so well! Yesterday we received two candy gifts, and I didn't even open them. I had DH put them in his car to take to work. So that's the high point to round out the week

We are anticipating being in snowed in sometime today...forecast calls for snow and/or freezing rain....so I'll have make sure I get some exercise on my stepper.

Today is WI day, but haven't done it yet ....will report back later

Cheers
Old 01-15-2005, 10:43 AM   #10  
PamPSM644

I'm feeling a bit grrrrrr. Lost only 1lb last week. For me ,when I've mostly been on track, thats nothing to smile about.I guess I'll blaim it on the Wheat Thins and Triskets I snacked on.I've got to learn not to keep anything like that in the house.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:29 PM   #11  
RosieKate

I'm more grrr than you...I didn't lose any grumpy grumpy grumpy... that's what I get for my little fling with the ice cream...there's got to be a morning after... remember that song...I am too dang old.

Upside - I worked out this a.m., so I'm feeling pretty good... I bought some Weight Watchers cookbooks so I 'm getting some great ideas for some new recipes. I read a tip to make a large batch of a dish, then freeze it in one-portion containers; makes dinner time less problematic.

...just remember....One day at a time, no guilt, move on!
Old 01-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #12  

Height: 5'1"

I'm even more GRRRR than you girls! I'm up one pound! (but I'm not changing my siggy just yet) Just can't bare to do that just yet. Next week if it's the same...then I'll change it.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

It's another week closer to summer!

Pam - One pound lost is good! You don't want to lose it too fast.

Katy - yes, I do remember the song, lol. I'm older than dirt, though. If you find any good recipes in your new cookbooks, share, ok? Don't you eat the same food as your family, or are you talking about lunch meals?

Marti - hope the 1 pound comes back off. Did you try the Crystal Light yet?

Speaking of that, the other day, I ran out of juice for the twins, and to avoid a problem with that, I asked if they wanted some Magic Potion for Princesses instead? Of course they did, so I mixed up the raspberry crystal light, lol. They told their mom all about it, lol, and were so excited.

Anyway, back on topic, lol, I'm doing well with the weight and the water. Also, I got out an old calisthenics tape and have been doing it... these are exercises like my generation did in high school. What a hoot - but effective! Judging my breathing, I'd say they are probably aerobic, too.

How's it going for you?
Old 01-17-2005, 11:27 AM   #14  
PamPSM644

Well Ladies,the elephant in the livingroom,(Street Fighter arcade game),so unnerved me that I consoled myself with pizza. I am reconciled with it now so won't continue futher consolations. It makes my son so happy,like a precious momento from his childhood,that I am determined to learn to live with it. It goes so nicely with the Grandfathers clock.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:43 PM   #15  
RosieKate

Quick hi here...
I am getting ready to walk my DS over to a playdate, then I'll walk to my chiropractor, so I'll get 30-40 minutes of walking in that way...may do another 15 on my stepper to round it out and I have a weight workout to do sometime today.

Food plan is off to a good start this week - Jane tonight I am making your italian crockpot chicken...trying to plan meals better...and remind myself of how good I feel when I am not eating sugary stuff....

I generally eat what my family eats and watch my portions. I am trying to find WW recipes that the family will like. Then my plan is make a big batch of something,, eat some for dinner, then freeze up the rest for quick dinners later... or for a night when the family does Papa Murphy's ....that's the plan anyway.

I am really impressed with the WW Take Out Tonight cookbook - lots of restaurant favorites and alot of international recipes... I can make my fave thai and chinese dishes and can make them peanut-free for DS...shrimp pad thai here I come

Later
K