Old 01-12-2005, 10:54 PM   #31  
a work in progress...

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!! I love it!

I wish I had more time to post but I'm on my way to work, and haven't even done my hair yet!

SKITTLES!!!! Welcome to our cozy little place! So glad to have you join us!

Welcome to you too, Laura! I love the dog in your avatar, is it yours?

Kiteen, keep taking those drops in the ocean! They do add up!

Barb, Andria, Tony, Lucky...

I really have to run...dammit! I want to stay and play! "See" you all tomorrow!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:39 AM   #32  
Losing To Win

Default Good Morning!

Good morning everyone! I have no idea what I am doing awake so early in the morning but nonetheless here I am! I was out rather late last night to boot, I should still be sawing logs LOL!
I went out with a girlfriend last night and had dinner out and listenened to a band we know and love. I had a salad with dressing on the side and diet soda. I only ate half of the salad, it was good but I have learned now instead of eating whatever is on my plate to instead just eat until I get signals from my stomach that I am full. I grew up being taught "now clean your plate" and was even made to stay at the table until I did so. Argh....I am so glad that I didn't raise my son that way.
I hope and pray that those of you being ravaged by bad weather remain safe, snug, and untouched by the tempest. Here in FL we will be getting colder weather in a day or two as a result of the storm pushing south. Here's to another day, and another small success. I am down another 1.5 lbs.

{{{Hugs}}} to all!
kiteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:02 AM   #33  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning!
I don't have time to stay and play either, but I wanted to pop in for a second.

Kiteen - where in FL are you? I grew up in the Ft. Walton Beach/Pensacola area. My family is all still there.

Make it a great day!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:08 AM   #34  
Hang In There

Hey Gang!!!

I love your new home, but you are still missed at the old one! I'm glad everyone is doing good. I have been doing super good in the Weight Loss area. We started a new "PLAN" the first of the year, and so far it's working really well, and fairly easy to stay on. It's the Dr Perricone's Prescription plan. It's a total "living" plan saying that weight loss and Skin Care, and Energy, and Mood all come from the fuel you use, or the food you eat. It has a lot of fish, specifically salmon (which I love) salads, whole grains, etc. It also has supplements and exercise tips, and I even bought the JOURNAL to use (and you all know how I hate journals) The journal has places for you to record you thought about your body, skin, mood, exercise etc. But the first thing it has is to like 3 things you appreciate during the day, and it also has a section to record your thoughts, meditation, or prayers. I'm trying to write in it every night.

It must be working,cause so far I've lost 9 pounds!

Well, I've gotta go, but I'll be checking in on you daily and posting when I have something to say

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:35 AM   #35  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

I just barely have time to read this morning before running out the door to physical therapy. I'm heading into my next four days of night work, so you won't see quite as much of me for a few. Ok, maybe you will, just depends on how well I am sleeping or not!

I kept OP yesterday! My WI is today, and I'm feeling like the news should be to the positive. I've worked my food plan as well as my exercise and journaling very consistently this last week.

Time to run! Good seeing so many of you here!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:29 PM   #36  
a work in progress...

BarbG!!! Hey, so good to 'see' you! Thanks for popping in, I sure hope you make a habit of it! Your plan sounds FABULOUS! And you are doing so well! 9 lbs...I'm in awe! How did you find out about this plan? I've never heard of it, and I thought I'd heard 'em all! *Naturally, I just had to pop over to his website...which looks very interesting--I just earmarked it for future reading. Lucky, you may be interested in the "Three Day Nutritional Face Lift" I found at his website. BECAUSE OF YOUR SKIN QUESTION, not because there are any wrinkles on your cute little face!*

Hey, BarbG...I'm going to steal the idea from your plan and list three things that I appreciate today...

1. Our Sanctuary, which includes all of you!
2. The positive vibe here which really encourages me to do well.
3. FREE MEDICAL ADVICE FROM TONY!! woo hoo!

Anyone else want to make a list? Hmmm?

Kiteen...Another 1.5#? Excuse me, that's a few more drops in that ocean! Atta girl!

Laura...The 'regulars' here are pretty much who you see! We branched off from another thread and only just started this a few days ago...so you came in on the ground floor...which means you're a regular too! If you have any questions, just ask! You know, we have something in common...I have one of those 13 year old boys with the strange sense of humor too! Interesting age, isn't it?

Andria...That is so cool about writing restaurant reviews! My kind of job! Details, we want details! Also, what did you end up writing about for the opinion piece? New kids: Andria is our resident writer, if you haven't guessed by now.

Tony...Very descriptive view of heart attack/stroke! A lot of people don't realize what actually happens. I loved the weaving analogy!

Lucky...Not to rub it in or anything...but, it's supposed to be 60 degrees here today!!! Just a freaky weather glitch though, it will be down in the 20s over the weekend. Although, that's probably sweater weather for you! Good thing the Eagles have that home field advantage!

BarbPa...I know you'll be watching that game too! My dh is SO psyched that he's off for the game...

Skittles...You like Lost too? I haven't seen all of the episodes, but dh and my daughter are hooked, so I'm fairly up to speed on what's happening. Great show! Lotsa cute fellers!

All right, I have frittered away most of the morning on this post! Well, maybe I didn't actually fritter it away, I was semi-productive while I tried to type: I answered the phone a few times...let the dog out/in...fed said creature...threw dinner in the crock pot...tidied a little...thought about tidying a LOT...but didn't...got the mail...didn't open it...put it on the coffee table with yesterday's unopened mail...um, that's about it. I really have to sleep. One more night to work and I'm off for three. Oh yeah.

I'd better get a nap in. We have Karate and a basketball game tonight, again. During my regularly scheduled sleep time! *sigh* I gotta get off the night shift!

See ya!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 01-13-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:31 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

I am on my lunch break and thought I would catch up real quick since it might take a while to do it at home. I will be so glad when I am completely moved into the other house.

Andria, I send your way to keep you safe. I hope you enjoy the review. Tell us what you eat.

Tony, thanks for the info. I am ok with the blood pressure so that should be no problem I'm just a worry wart.

Laura & Kiteen, you will love these people here, they are all wonderful. Except for the football teams they root for, but I still love them despite that fact.

BarbPA, You have inspired me to create a sanctuary in my new home. I think it will be on my sun porch, but I will still have candles and fountains and such. Thanks for the idea.

Kat, We had thunderstorms last night and it snowed this morning. :sman: Now we are going to get in to the single digits and below. Brrr! I wish I had your weather right now. And I love Lost, yes there are some very good looking men on there. But the whole concept of the show has got my mind wandering. It is so cool.

Lucky, Baby it's cold outside. I'll be rooting for your Vikings. That is how much I can't stand the Packers.

Well Lunch is over, gotta go, I'll check in later.

Skitt
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:22 PM   #38  
BELIEVE!

Hello Gang!
Whew - So happy to be at home. Today started out great. I felt wonderful most of the morning, spent all day with a co-worker catching up on some things. Then around 2pm my head started to pound and still is. Nothing will get rid of it - next stop is "Barb's Positive Place" for some meditation to see if that helps. Last night I started doing a new guided meditation CD and was just getting into it when my little chihuahua decided to start jumping against the door - that pretty much did in the quiet time.

Tomorrow is another acupuncture appt and I am looking forward to it! The worst part are the needles in my big belly - a little embarrasing, but I guess it's good for me.

Wow, I am completely babbling. My thoughts are all over the place! Maybe I should be cut off from the computer for the night.

Barb.g - Great to see you popping over to visit us! You are are really getting the new year off to a bang!! KEEP IT UP!

Skitt - I am so happy to hear that I've helped inspire you to make your own little place at home! I think you'll love it!

Andria - Don't work too hard!

Kat, Lucky, Tony, Kiteen, Laura --- I hope you are all having a super-dooper day!!!

Talk to you all later!

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:32 PM   #39  

Thumbs up

Well, I am behind here I can see.

I will have to catch up tomorrow - it's 26 below with 40 to 50 below wind chill - it is exhausting to deal with. I feel I could drop and it's only 6:30PM.

Lost - I liked it when I watched it but forgot about it - thanks for the reminder.

I am wearing long johns and sweats to work tomorrow!!!! I HATE being cold not to mention what it does to my fibro body!!!

Kiteen and BarbG on the weight loss. I am going to follow your examples!!!

Reminds me of HOT WARMTH!!!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:37 PM   #40  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

My WI was good! 1.5 lbs. down. Go ME!

Kiteen, another 1.5?! Wow! You are sprinting down the path!

BarbG, Hello! Good to see you! I am going to have to read up on your plan. 9 lbs. is so awesome! I also loved the idea of writing out 3 things you appreciate each day. I'm going to incorporate that into my own journaling.

Laura, we really do need to figure out a way to post simple Bios. Thanks for bringing that up!

Anyone have ideas on that?

Skittles, so happy to see my fellow faerie chick! On the exercise front, I would highly recommend starting with something gentle that you can work up. Curves or water aerobics come first to my mind. Plus, with either of those, you get to see some really speedy results in inch loss.

Kat, you would have to ask about the opinion piece... I started about half a dozen times, and after staring at a blank screen for what seemed like forever, I walked away! The plan is to finish it up tonight while I'm at work. Not like I'll be doing much else besides watching movies and crocheting until morning.

Lucky, that sounds way too cold! You need to come vacation in my part of the world during the winter, and I'll come visit up there this summer when I'm dying of the heat.

BarbPA, I've always wondered about acupuncture, how it feels, how it works, etc. I'm glad it is helping with your headaches. And I don't think any of us want to put pressure on to weigh in. Yes, this is a weight loss support board, but sometimes that can't be your first priority. Part of Sanctuary should be a safe place to be until you are ready or able to move forward again.

Tony, Yes, I'm getting to bed right now!

Take care, everyone!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:19 AM   #41  
a work in progress...

Hi kids! Very quick pop in post here...I'M OFF!! I just need a wee nap this morning, then lots to do the rest of the day and the weekend!

Our weather is ATROCIOUS! Scarily warm...so windy...and raining like it's monsoon season! I had to chase the garbage can down the street earlier! And pull the Christmas tree out of the gutter, so as not to cause a flood from the backed up water...muttering, when the heck are the recycling peeps going to pick this thing up? Bleccch. I was soaked when I finally got in the house. The temp is supposed to plummet tonight to low 20s. Oh, great, just what we need...ice!

Gotta hit the rack...back later!
Old 01-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Default New Years Resolutions for My Life

This is kind of long. I did not write it, but I love it. For me certain resolutions do go along with my weight loss process. I will be hanging this in my sanctuary at home. Which by the way I will be moved into by Tuesday if it kills me. And boy is it friggen freezen outside.
Be back later,
Skitt

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

Did I express love this year, real love? The kind of
love that doesn't announce itself in flashy
circumstances or structured conditions - but an
authentic, quiet, internal love? The kind of love
that bubbles to the surface when I gaze at another
with understanding, a love that places me in their
shoes, granting freedom from judgment and deepening my
compassion? A philanthropic love that expresses
because it simply feels compelled to, because it knows
there is more than enough and everyone can benefit.
If not, then I resolve to be and do better in my
authentic loving.

Did I forgive this year, really forgive? The kind of
forgiveness that cracks open my heart, peeling away
one more layer of righteous indignation, thus allowing
my soul to breathe? The kind of forgiveness that
loosens my clinched fists held high at a situation so
that I don't enter into the next one with guarded
mistrust? The kind of forgiveness that comprehends
there is a difference between understanding a
behavioral choice and condoning it? If not, then I
resolve to be and do better in my forgiving.

Did I stop this year, really stop? The kind of
stopping that can't help but make me vulnerable by
becoming more familiar with who I am without
distraction, smoke screens, excuses or self-imposed
numbing? The kind of stopping that turns me, naked,
towards my feelings, giving them permission to
express? No right or wrong - a stopping that simply
lets me hear what I need to hear so that I can live
more effectively? If not, then I resolve to be and do
better in allowing myself to stop.

Did I seek adventure this year, real adventure? The
kind of adventure that requires me to not only take a
leap of faith off my cliff of familiarity but actually
sends me back to get a running start? The kind of
adventure that shakes the dust off my capable but
underused wings and gives them an opportunity to catch
the gorgeous wind of change? The kind of adventure
that knows there is no outside safety net in this
physical world, only an internal one? The kind of
adventure that shouts, "I choose to live fully!" If
not, then I resolve to be and do better in seeking
adventure.

Did I seek wellness this year, real wellness? The
kind of wellness that requires me to be fully
conscious of what I put in my body - the kind of
wellness that requires me to practice what I preach
when it comes to self-love while understanding that
the power to dissolve poor habits starts by simply
choosing to change? Wellness that says, "This is the
only body you've got. Treat me with respect, praise me
daily and honor me as the holy temple that I am?" If
not, then I resolve to be and do better in allowing
wellness in my life.

Did I play this year, really play? The kind of play
that gives value to the heavenly activity of fun -
knowing that fun is sacred, that play is the
equivalent of work and that during play - renewal and
relaxation usher in the newest ideas and the clearest
choices for better manifestations? Did I view play as
a necessary life function and not a debatable luxury?
If not, then I resolve to be and do better in my
relationship to playing.

Did I set a goal and see it to completion this year,
really complete it? The kind of completion that lets
the vibration of satisfaction and confidence in my
abilities heal any opposing ideas of not being good
enough? Did I honor my life and its sacred purpose by
utilizing my time with forward thinking and letting my
mistakes be motivators not antagonists? Did I dissolve
my insecurities and procrastination by understanding
that my untapped genius has but one mode of expression
and that is through idea, thought, word and action?
If not, then I resolve to be and do better in setting
and completing my goals.

Did I open myself up to learn this year, really
learn? The kind of learning that entices me to enroll
in being a student of life with thirst and enthusiasm?
Did I set an intention for uncovering more of my
potential, letting divine intellect eat from my plate
and stepping deeper into the waters of wisdom? Did I
open a book, take a class, study a language, learn an
instrument, write a poem, visit another culture? Did
I learn to surprise and thrill myself with the
infinite capacity I have to master more than I thought
I could? If not, then I resolve to be and do better
on my personal path of learning.

Did I clean up my relationships this year, really
clean them up? The kind of cleaning that requires me
to break open the lock, pull back the curtain, throw
open the window and start removing the dust of harsh
words, grudges, false accusations and misguided
choices that have layered my heart? Did I make amends
for the fearful ways that disheartened another, for
neglecting to honor their point of view? With careful
examination, did I communicate my truth, understanding
that sometimes all we may be able to do is agree to
disagree and to do so without judgement or malice? If
not, then I resolve to be and do better on cleaning up
my relationships.

Did I share my good this year, really share? The
kind of sharing that comes from the pure joy of seeing
another succeed, not from what I think they can or
will do for me in return? Did I tithe back to where I
was spiritually fed, transformed and inspired? Did I
practice random acts of kindness and give of my time,
talent, and treasure realizing that my good is a part
of a never-ending wellspring that cannot run dry -
whose source is and always will be the infinite
wellspring of the Divine? Did I commit to walking the
altruistic path, remembering that every step brings
healing and enlightenment to the world? If not, then
I resolve to be and do better in my sharing.

Did I pray this year, really pray? The kind of
prayer that is spoken not to God but AS God - prayers
that affirm rather than beseech, are pregnant with
knowing rather than bloated with doubt? Did I make my
every day activities a prayer - realizing that every
thought I think carries with it the responsibility of
an effect on the world? Did I remember how truly
powerful my own prayer actually is and that by simply
devoting myself to the practice of it, I become the
change? Did I remember that my prayer takes what I
seek and introduces it to me, the seeker? If not,
then I resolve to be and do better with praying.

Did I do all these things because deep down inside I
fully understand how precious I am and that these
activities will help me to see that I am held in the
light as a perfect idea? Did I remember that I have
been perfectly conceived and am always held in the
perfect mind of God as perfect being? Did I know that
there is nothing that I can ever say, nothing I can
ever do that will separate me from the love of God?
If for any reason, I forgot my divinity this year,
then I resolve to be and do better in my knowing of
it, to fully understand and embody the truth that it
is done unto me as I believe. And I believe in the
power of Good, for me, for you, for all.

(c)2004 Rev. David Ault
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:54 PM   #43  

Evening everyone!
How do you manage to post in the morning?!!! Between getting the kids off to school, doing my walking, and getting myself to work (usually right at the wire, I might add!), I can just imagine what would happen if I turned on my computer! Things are so hectic that time of day...

I've really been doing well. I'm down 7 lbs. so far - and finally feel like I'm changing my lifestyle, not dieting. I have lost weight on every diet I've ever been own but have never really managed to keep it off for long. I can't go through that again so I'm working on totally changing my mindset this time around. I've worked out a way of eating that I can live with and am just concentrating on getting healthier. I know for me, the key is to exercise so I'm getting that in no matter what!

Kat-Yes, the dog in the avatar is Hershey, queen of the house. Her every whim is catered to by the entire family...13 year olds are interesting, aren't they? Mine is a really cool kid and keeps me entertained. Unfornunately, that sense of humor of his has had me laughing outloud at highly inappropriate times! I hope yours is not as bad!

Kiteen-I can relate to the "clean your plate" thing. It is a very hard habit to break when you've been brought up like that. I'm like you, I'm just glad I didn't do that to my own kids. Congrats on the weight loss! Way to go!

Barb-9 lbs. Wow!!! Your program sounds like it is really working for you. I like the part about writing down 3 things you appreciate every day...We need to remember all our blessings!

Andria-Good for you! Isn't it nice to see the scales move in the right direction?!!! Great job!

Lucky-Your neck of the woods is way to cold for this Southern Gal. It hits 32 here and we think it is too cold to go out...

Skittles-I love "New Year Resolutions". It makes you think doesn't it?

Well, one of my teenagers is breathing down my neck wanting to IM his friends so I'll say goodnight. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Laura
southern gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:04 PM   #44  
Hang In There

I was going to post that I must be the only one without a life, nothing better to do on a Friday night, but then Laura finally posted.

Laura, I agree, exercise is the key! My health club has just set up a '30 minute workout' area to "compete" with all the Curves craze. They've got the machines and the directions on how to use them and to do aerobics between. If I get a chance I might try to get by there tomorrow and try it out. I ususally don't go on Saturday, but I have a SjS meeting at the hospital, and my club is owned/runned by the hospital, and only a couple of blocks away, so I may try to get by there. I'll let y ou know how it goes.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:17 AM   #45  
a work in progress...

Barb, Your picture is a much needed breath of Spring! So pretty! I'm already planning what I'm going to plant this year, some of them (the flowers in your picture, whatever they are) would look lovely in a window box! I've had enough of Winter and we're barely a month into it! We haven't even had any snow yet. Not worried about that though! I'm fairly certain that we've taken care of any snow accumulation this year by purchasing a snow blower this past summer! Just like when we bought our 4WD after a particularly bad winter...we had about 6 years of no snow!!

Laura, sounds like you have the right approach to weight loss...
Quote:
I'm working on totally changing my mindset this time around. I've worked out a way of eating that I can live with and am just concentrating on getting healthier. I know for me, the key is to exercise so I'm getting that in no matter what!
To me, the key is ABSOLUTELY exercise, especially the older I get...the weight just does not come off as quickly as it once did.

Re: My 13 year old...oh, he's a character! He's rather quiet, but has a very dry sense of humor that takes me by surprise quite frequently!

We have a 'queen of the house' too...Molly, our chocolate Lab. She's really got the life, that one!

As for posting in the morning...that's easy! Just work nights and come post after work, getting the kid off to school and getting a cup of tea! And then try to not fall asleep at the keyboard! right, Andria?

Skittles...That piece was so thought provoking and inspiring, thank you for sharing it! Not too long at all, when the words contained are so meaningful. Something else that I will be printing out and keeping handy.

I came across this verse on the 'Buddhist Support' thread and was really struck by the simplicity of the words, but the powerful meaning behind them. Really hit home for me...

The thought manifests as the word;
The word manifests as the deed;
The deed develops into habit;
And habit hardens into character.
So watch the thought and its way with care,
And let it spring from love
Born out of concern for all beings.

Having spent most of my life thinking that I was fat, even when I wasn't, is a great illustration of thought/word/deed/habit/character. I really need to change my way of thinking...I'm working on it, I'm working on it!

Hi, Andria, Barb, Kiteen, Lucky, Tony...I'd do more replies, but I haven't had coffee yet and my brain will not allow me to process another thing until it's been caffeinated! Plus the fact that I got up this early so that I could be working on the invitations to my parent's 50th anniversary. I swore that I would do them last night, fell asleep and got up bright and early so that I could get a jumpstart on them... whoops! Had to check in here first...and then I sort of get carried away. So....

see you all later, Have a great day!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 01-15-2005 at 06:21 AM.