3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperate Housewives # 7 Friday Get Well Bayley (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/51432-desperate-housewives-7-friday-get-well-bayley.html)

melmcc99 01-07-2005 07:40 AM

Desperate Housewives # 7 Friday Get Well Bayley

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!
Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

melmcc99 01-07-2005 07:45 AM

Prayer for Bayley

Thinking of you often
With a special prayer
That God above
In His great love
Will keep you in His care.
Get Well Soon

melmcc99 01-07-2005 08:03 AM

Good morning ladies!

Jill, I am very sorry that Bayley is still so sick. I can't imagine how worried and tired and frightened you must be. Please know that we are ALL thinking of you. My prayers are with you every day.

CHALLANGES..............IT'S FRIDAY............LUNGES ARE CALLING YOU!...............GET UP AND MOVE AND GROOVE.............

Penny, thanks so much for calling to check on me. I am much better this morning....sore.....but no more shakes...how is your body feeling?

Deana, it stinks that you have to wait for pictures. When I develope I want them right away too. I love pic, especially of the kiddies.

Chris, how r u this morning?

Jeniqua, How is dh? He has been in our prayers also. I hope he is doing much better and can come home soon. I know your children must be frightened and you too.

Roxy, I just don't know how you do it with 10. I bet they keep you young....But it must make you feel grey sometimes too, when you have ten doing things and they all do something dangerous at somepoint that just makes your head spin. You'll get down in weight 45 or less. Come on, just do the challange exercises, even if you are not in the challange. We will encourage you!

Crystal, you gettin close girl.....that baby is gonna move....you must feel like ughhh get this baby out! I know I wouldn't be sleeping right now with a belly so big.

Oki Doki, I will be heading for the gym to work this butt off. I am so close right now to onderland. I will be there tomorrow........I hope.......

Have a great day all!!! bbl

mompen 01-07-2005 08:38 AM

Mel,
I hope you have a great workout today... I just know you will be under 200 this week.... You sure enough deserve it.. :)

Ok Chris,
Why did you send TOM over here.. :lol: You could have kept him! :devil:

Jeniqua,
Any word on dh? He has also been in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Crystal,
Hope little Allison is doing great :) Can't wait to see pics of her!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Michelle, Roxy, Cindi, Ginny, Ricci, Sherry, Kristen, Steph, Tracy, Spryng, Geri, Deana, Julie and all you other sahm's Hugs to you all! :)

mompen 01-07-2005 08:49 AM

PRAYERS, LOVE, & THOUGHTS For Bayley!

Jill,
I know words can not express how you are feeling right now. Bayley is in my prayers and has been everyday. We love her and YOU :)

As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust in God with the impossible.
~ Ruth Bell Graham

chrily 01-07-2005 10:04 AM

First of all...

Jill-I am so sorry that Bayley is still very sick. I know it's hard. I'm still praying for her everyday too. I may not know you too well but I do care about you and Bayley and your dh. Hold steady girl. Be strong for Bayley.

Mel-I'm doing fine this morning. My hand and arm are a little sore from work yesterday but it'll lessen up as soon as I get moving some more. Okay...Okay...I'll get the lunges done. :lol: I went lower with them on Monday and my thighs are still sore. Wonder how they'll feel after today.

Penny-TOM loves you too... :lol: I had to share. What did you have the shakes from? I read that in your post.

Jeniqua-How's dh? Hopefully he'll be better soon too.

Crystal-Our tired mom.... :) Hope today is a good day for you.

Morning Roxy-How do you do it? You are definitely an inspiration to mothers. I got some doll patterns I plan to copy for you. Then I can send them to ya to make some more dolls if you want. HUH? HUH? HUH? I found a sewing buddy... ;)

Michelle-It's snowing again....did you send it down here? It was like 20 degrees yesterday and I woke up this morning and its cold again.

Well for all of you-My BIL has pneumonia too. Their son isn't doing so good either. I told my sister to keep a close eye on him. He was napping on the couch when I got there and he woke himself up gasping for air. I pray that he's okay. He has a nasty cold and his cough just doesn't sound right to me. It's airy sounding and tight. Not like croup or any other cough I've heard. Where is all this CRAP coming from? It's scary.

Oops, time to get the kiddies to school. Be back in a bit.

~chris

MichelleRae 01-07-2005 10:50 AM

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Jillybean, I'm thinkin of you this morning, I hope you guys come home soon. We miss you. Give Bayley lots of love from us :)

Mel have a great workout today!! If you feel like folding more laundry you can come over to my house ;) lol

Penny, are you heading to the gym today too? Don't overwork yourself, I worry about you!!

Chris, I hope your arm starts to feel better soon! Girl, it's been snowing here for 24 hours straight now but its nice, it's that very quiet soft snowfall, I enjoy watching it. How's your weather? It's been pretty cold here the last few days. Hope you have a great day!

Well I have some great news!! My scale is down to 212 today!!! I was sooo excited!! I have been sooo OP it's not even funny. I'm going to have a great weigh in this week, I just know it!!

Oh yeah Mel, are you in Onederland yet? Can't wait to hear!!

Okay time for me to start my day!!
Lots of love!
Michelle

1hot_tomato 01-07-2005 10:55 AM

Get Well Bayley! Get Well Bayley! Get well Bayley!

"Mom"

God gives her strength
she doesn't have,
to give them loving care.

They don't know her
weaknesses;
they only know
she's there.

~R.T.

God can move mountains
prayer moves God

JillyBean,
We're all praying for you and Bayley
Courage!

1hot_tomato 01-07-2005 11:12 AM

Good morning ladies!
I am doing alright this morning. My baby has discovered how much fun it is to eat. He wants to taste everything and is very offended if you don;t let him. I just fed him half a banana but he wanted coffee and Aaron's wheaties and a taste of whatever was out. Man! Look what we did! Now he is mad and fussing because he got stuck under the chair. Oh the joys of having a crawling baby! So I have a screaming parrot in the next room. He's not hurt just mad. I'm down 2 lbs. this morn. and I have to drink more water. I have a slight headache and don't feel in the best mood. The screaming parrot doesn't help. Good he stopped!

Michelle- :bravo: on the weight!! You da girl! Whoo Hoo! Feels so good!

Chris- sorry to hear that your BIL is sick now too. It must be viral. If their son isn't well also. Stay away! You are right there seems to be alot of bad germs out now. It is scary. I can't even imagine what's all going on in Indonisia! Those poor people. Many of them will be sick too. God give them strength. Those doll patterns sound great! I had so much fun playing!

Penny-that icky TOM! Hope you have a good OP day anyway! Go Challangers!

Mel- work hard at the gym this morning! You are almost there. Blow that last smidgen to kindom come, never to return! Have a great day. Is your cold better?

I better get going Martin's into something again! TTYL

~Roxy

mamawithdreams 01-07-2005 12:00 PM

Hi all.
Jill, I'm totally keeping you and Bayley in my prayers. Keep strong because she needs you. Hope you two get to come home soon.

Hello to Mel, Roxy, Chris, Michelle, Penny and all you other desperate housewives. Girl scouts went fine, we got all of our info to start selling girl scout cookies so we're excited to get started. Anyways, we're staying home today, catching up on cleaning and laundry. It's cold and rainy outside so I don't want to get out. Getting ready for lunch and then school. Ally wants to dress me up with her play jewelry so I've got to go get pampered. TTYL

melmcc99 01-07-2005 12:46 PM

Hey all, I burned 620 calories at the gym... I did 20 minutes on the treadmil with intervals going up to 6mph and intervals with hills up to 5%incline. THen I did lundges for 15 minutes. I am sore from yesterday, so that was hard for me. THen I went on the Precore/eliptcal machine for 43 minutes....I know odd number, but I set it for 38 figuring a 2 minute cool down, but the cool down was 5 minutes. So just on that machine was 430 calories and tread was 190. I feel so good and confident that tomorrow I will be 199. You will all here me screaming.

Chris, I'm sorry your hand and arm are hurting. Hopefully it will let up for you. You are doing so wonderful with the exercise though. I'm so proud of you.

Michelle, did you lunge your brains out yet? Hope you are having a good one.

Penny, how was that class this am. Did you go there today? You are doing awesome, I bet you'll have a loss this weekend.

Crystal, Yuck on the rain, I guess no work on the house today huh?

Roxy, Sounds like you are having a crazy morning. I hope the rest of your day gets better. What;s with the Parrot?

Anyway, I am eating a salad with chicken on it and then I will head for the shower before everyone in the country smells me. bbl

1hot_tomato 01-07-2005 01:04 PM

Hi again,
Hi Crystal and Mel! I don't have a "parrot" bird. I have what sounds like a squawking "parrot" son! He isn't getting what he want and he loudly voices his protest! It was very noisy this morning. You are doing so great at the gym, honestly I don't know of too many people (outside of the men) that push themselves as hard as you do. I bet in a year we will see pics of you with you're six-pack abs! I'm not a betting gal, but I'd put one on that! Come on the rest of you challangers go catch Mel!
Lunges! Lunges! Lunges! Okay, done yellin'. Have fun today too! When is the car going to be done? Do you still have the rental?

~Roxy

melmcc99 01-07-2005 01:07 PM

Roxy, too funny about your son. I wasn't sure when I read your post. I was getting confused. I know hwat you mean though. I told dd that she sounded like a broken record and she said "whats a record?". lol. have a good one.

chrily 01-07-2005 01:25 PM

Okay Mel, I think I got the kinks worked out of my arm. Just a little flare up, I think. Either that or I really do have carpal tunnel. Who knows. I got my lunges done so I have to start thinking about getting some other exercise in today. WHO HOO!

Roxy-I hate the "loud" days. It's just nerve-racking I guess. Pretty sound little Martin will be walking. :D Then you'll really be on your toes. Let see...Kayla and Nicole were my early walkers. Both of them were walking at 9 months. They crawled early and everything. Nothing slowing those two down. They were early talkers too. Tiana was 1 yr. when she started walking, and never talked much. I guess she didn't have much to say. :lol:

Crystal-Stay warm... The girls wanted to do girl scouts really bad this year. I was a little mad. They started selling cookies and were done with that when the main office finally called and said they had found a troop for Tiana to be in. She already lost out on making any cookie dough and earning stuff. Kayla..I never got a call for her troop until 2 weeks ago. The Girl Scouts's end in April. There first meeting was going to be in February. What's the point? Needless to say, I am very disappointed with the GS around here. Tiana was in GS before and they had trouble with organizing troops then too. She and 5 other girls were selling cookies and the office said they'd see what they could do about finding them a spot. I'm glad you're GS sound more organized.

Okay, my book is done. Nicole is a crab, and I'm waiting for a phonecall.
TTFN and I'll check back after I get some exercise in. Darn my laziness today.

~chris

mamawithdreams 01-07-2005 01:56 PM

Chris, don't get me wrong, the girl scouts troop aren't that organized but they are very strong in the girl scout law and do whatever need be to make the girl scouts happy. We haven't been in it very long so I'm still learning alot. I like it because they have so much to do however, none of it's mandatory and I don't like to get too involved in anything or have my kids get that way. We just pick and choose what we want to participate in and that pleases us and they are fine with that too. Alisa has been really looking forward to selling cookies so I'm glad we're able to get involved in this. I don't know what the next big thing is for her. Every other Friday they have a skating party, because you see the troop we're in are all homeschoolers so they have that time available to them, but we don't go to it, because I've got the other two that I wouldn't know what to do with. Anyways, sorry your troops aren't working out, maybe they'll get things together before next year.
Mel, wtg on that exercise, have you made it to onderland yet? Surely you have. Our house is closed in so they can work in the rain, but we're getting held up on some things, I think because of the holidays people and company's are just now getting back in the groove of things. We're hoping to insulate next week, get the outside panels on the walls and roof so by the next week we can sheetrock. That's the plan, but we'll see.

Okay, we've had lunch and now we're gonna school as soon as I clean the kitchen.
TTYL