Old 01-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #16  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Sorry I didn't post this am. I tried, but my computer kept freezing and I got tired of waiting.
Anyways, didn't sleep too good last night, of course. Hoping to get some rest in shortly. We went to walmart after breakfast to get some groceries and some things for the baby so I'm set...I think.
Ally had gotten sick yesterday but I'm not sure what was wrong. First she started complaining about a headache but pointed to behind her ear. Now she has never had an ear infection and actually is never sick. So I gave her Tylenol and she laid around all day. Then as the day progressed she acted like it was hurting down her neck. She didn't even want to get up and walk around or anything. I was getting worried, because like I said she's never sick. But through the night she was fine and today she says her neck is alittle stiff but nothing hurts. I'm thinking just a crick or something.

Anyways, Welcome Starla!!! I'm Crystal, 27 yo sahm of 3; almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, and Andrew 2. I'm due in 26 days, but I'm not counting, LOL!!! I live in Texas and I homeschool. Been married for 9 years. So glad you found us and hope you stick around and get all the support and motivation that I know you will get.

Hello Jeniqua, Mel, Michelle, Penny, Deana, Chris, Roxy and all you other Desperate Housewives. We've got to get some school done and we have a girl scout meeting tonight.
Hope all is going well. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:16 PM   #17  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Sorry to Mel and Michelle for leaving ya earlier... Andrew decided it was time for my tower to be turned off! Then I had to feed porker lunch and shower.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Default Can I join you guys?

Hi there! I'm new to this site and the forums. I'm a desperate housewife - desperate to finally get rid of this weight that's been holding me back for years. I just turned 40 this past year and I don't want to keep adding on the pounds with every year.. LOL. I am a stay at home Mom to my two boys. I'm doing a reduced calorie diet (not really following a plan) and have an appointment at Curves tomorrow to finally start my exercise routine.

So.. what's the secret handshake to join your group?

Last edited by breakingasweat; 01-06-2005 at 02:23 PM.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Gretchen Welcome to the group!! No secret handshake needed! Several of us are involved in a first run biggest loser challenge, we have another 4 weeks on the challenge but if you would like to join up on the next one we'd be glad to have you! Its all hosted on our msn site I started at the same weight you are at You'll do great if you stick to your guns! This is a great place for support, I'm sure you'll love it here!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:09 PM   #20  

Welcome Gretchen! THe secret handshake is just trying to keep up with us busy bees.....Enjoy and good luck at curves tomorrow. Stick with us and you will have a wealth of support and friendship..BTW, I am Melissa, MOM of 2 ages 4 and 2. Girl and boy.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #21  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Welcome Gretchen! I'm Deana, sahm to Erik 16, Andrew 9, Matthew 7 and Abby 5 on Saturday. I too am following a reduced calorie intake and am a member at Curves. It's great, you'll love it. Remember to drink lots of water! Post often and let us get to know you better. We start a new thread each day so watch for it.

On my way to town, I'm running out of glass to paint and patience with kids. Crazy I tell ya! Christmas break, 2 days of school and now 2 days off. Not sure if they will go tomorrow or not. Wait and see I guess.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:13 PM   #22  
I'm a homeschool mama

Welcome Gretchen, I'm Crystal, 27 yo sahm of 3; almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, and Andrew 2, I'm due in 26 days with Allison, not that I'm counting!!! I've been married for 9 years and I live in Texas where I homeschool. So glad you found us and hope you stick around. We are usually busy around here so check in often and let us learn more about you. Good luck.

Okay ladies, we schooled and I've got dinner in the oven and I think I'm gonna get Allison's bag packed, I've never had to do this part before and I want, need, to be ready. We have to leave here at 600 for Girl Scouts so I'll check in later or in the morning. Hope everyone is having a great day. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:15 PM   #23  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Starla and Gretchen...
My name is Chris. I'm a sahm of 3 girls. Tiana is 11. Kayla is 5, and Nicole is 2. Nicole is my challenge. One busy little bundle of energy. And boy can she come up with bad things to do. I live in Montana, the cold capital of the world right now... I've been doing WW since May. I work part-time for my dad. Will be married 6 years to my DH, Kelly, on January 23. Just had to say and make yourselves at "home". I'll be looking forward to posts from you guys. TTFN. Gotta help with dinner.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #24  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Well, I've been back for a while, fed everyone and getting ready to paint some more. I checked at Walmart for my pictures and they said the photo lab was closed for 2 days due to the ice storm so it may be Sunday before mine come back....Ughhhh! I'm so impatient. I hate to wait on pictures. Guess I have to wait for my digital to get fixed. As soon as I get them they will be posted, especially since I got them online too.

Will try to check in again before bed. Still no cancellation on school....YEAH!!!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:23 PM   #25  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi again,
Back for the evening now. No one has homework tonight so I rented Garfield the movie, I hope it's clean. It's been very cold outside for more than a week now and if it's below 20 degrees the children aren't allowed outside for recess so needless to say they are restless. They(4 oldest) did go skiing on Monday and it was cold so they all came home with cherry red lips. Now they are lizard lips.

Welcome Gretchen! You will really like it here, these girls are so wonderful! I'm Roxy, mom to 4 boys and 6 girls, I'm a little nuts but they keeps me young. I just turned 40 this year too! I really can't yet if that's a good thing or not. I only know I don't want to be 45 and still fat! Post often!

Crystal- have fun at scouts. What is Allison going to wear home from the hospital?

Deana- What are you painting and how are you doing it? Are you gonna show us? I'm glad you didn't lose your power!

Jillybean- how is Bayley tonight? Is she improving? Big hugs!!

Jeniqua- hope you are back home now, is dh better too? Still in our prayers.

Hi all you other moms! TTYL
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #26  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey girls, they flew us up to Portland last night to the childrens hospital. I am writing from Ronald McDonald house and Bayley seems to be doing a little better. They don't think she needs a chest tube but we will be here a couple more days I think. Just wanted to update. Can't talk long since I am on a computer here and am only allotted 30 minutes. TTYL I'll keep you updated
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:38 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Jillybean, I am thinking of you girly, give Bayley a big hug and kiss from me and Taylor and Teagan. I hope you get to come home soon. I lit a candle and said a prayer for your little trooper tonight. Lots of love girl!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 07:38 AM   #28  

Starting a New Thread.....Friday #7
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote