Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 08:50 AM   #16  

Gayle my friend, if you are reading this, then I have to assume you have power. I pray that you do and that you are all safe and warm. I have been watching your weather situation on TV and I know that we have already sent crews from our state to help in restoring power. Please let us know if you are okay!
Old 01-06-2005, 09:18 AM   #17  
Losing it!

I'm fine, Ramona. We had an underlayer of ice mixed with probably 2" of snow that arrived later. Right now it is a brisk 2 degrees with ice/snow coverage everywhere, last night it was -10 degrees. We didn't have the broken power lines and trees in this area like your seeing on T.V. (Thank goodness!!) My dear hubby drove Allison and I to school this morning and he is even going to try to make it back to town this afternoon to pick her up from school. I HATE driving on the stuff, plus my car is not designed for this type of weather, it slides everywhere. Thank you for checking on me! They are saying now, by Saturday, it will be in the 50's!
Old 01-06-2005, 06:14 PM   #18  

Hello

Just checking in to say hi! Another day OP so far!!!!

Gayle....I can't believe the damage where you live! Please take care and try to stay inside so you don't fall. I can't believe the kids went to school!! Honestly here when we have snow or ice, we won't go back to school until ALL the side roads are cleared! They would NEVER let us go with what you have there! Take care!!

Ramona....Happy belated Anniversary!!!! I agree with Gayle...you have either been real good or real bad!!! (Shhhh....I think you're a little spoiled like Dee but I won't tell your hubby!) You DESERVE to be treated like a queen!!!

Dee...PLEASE post soon and tell us how you feel. I sure do miss & love you!!!!

Shelley.....A teacher said today the same thing you just posted!!!! She is doing Core and she said by her 4th or 5th day that most of her gravings left! I don't say it enough Shelley but I'm soooo proud of you!! You're an inspiration!

Carol....Is this cold weather affecting your arthritis? My ankle was hurting a little this morning (the ankle I broke roller skating 3 years ago...remember that?) and I'm now wondering if the older I get if it will bother me more?

Also Gayle... I forgot something....I often wonder about Vicki too. I miss her. If anyone hears from her..please tell her we need her back!

Debbie........How was going back to school? I dreaded it!! I can't wait until spring break now!!!! We are wishing our lives away, aren't we? I'm going to get up my nerves to talk to Wayne about a CRUISE tonight! wish me luck!!

Cheryl....Good luck on the tests and get some rest when you're done!!!

To everyone else I didn't address: Take care...Love ya!!
Old 01-07-2005, 05:34 AM   #19  

Sherry-We had 3 half days this week for the kids because of high school testing and Monday is a teacher duty day, then the following Monday is Martin Luther King day. WooHoo! I was told that I could take this Monday off if I want. Also, I asked for the 20th off to take Patty to get her permit then shopping. The AP said I could have lied and said that I had a dr appointment or something, but why? I always tell them the truth. Anyway, they said okay! I am so proud of you for staying OP for the past few days!

Gayle-I just love your 3fc counter. It's the cutest yet.

I had another day of doing excellent on Core. Shhhh--don't tell anyone, but I still eat the sf/ff fudgsicles, since I don't ever eat the pudding.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #20  
Losing it!

GREAT JOB SHELLEY! YOU REACHED HE 120's! SUPER!!!!!!! You are one lean machine!!!!!

I finally had to get out and drive today, I took Allison to school and visited a couple of Hospice clients. The highways were cleared off fairly well but the regular roads are the pits. Today we are to have a small amount of sun, so hopefully it will start melting away. By next week, it is forcasted to be in the 50's again. YIPPEEE!!!!! I hate these single digits!

I didn't tell you guys, Steve (santa) gifted me with a compresser and airbrush for Christmas! I am trying to learn to airbrush and it is completely different from stroke work! I plan to eventually work into painting some T-shirts and vests.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #21  
Losing it!

Sher, Steve and I planned to take a cruise this year, but now it looks like we will put it on hold for awhile. We need to save the money for Liz starting college, to help out if we need to. Actually the cruises are reasonable, for us, the expense came from the airline tickets and the motel lodging. A good site to check into, they have several different cruise forums setup... cruisemates.com ALSO, I guess Walmart is now also offering cruise packages!
Old 01-07-2005, 12:39 PM   #22  

Just popping in to say I miss you. I have no computer yet. Dez has it, hers crapped out in the middle of her exams. Hopefully we will get on this weekend.

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. I am still in a lot of pain. The surgery pain isna't to bad it is my leg that is painful. It isn't suppose to be. My blood pressure is really low and making me dizzy. This morning it was 78/40. I am calling the doctor to see what is up. I have homecare come in monday to friday. They get me out of bed in the morning, down the stairs, showered and make me breakfast and lunch. They are here about 1 1/2 hours. A nurse comes twice a week to see how I am doing. I am glad to be home. I am improving, I am able to walk with a walker and sometimes just my cane. My left leg is weak and it is hard to get up the stairs as my foot will not lift up the stairs. It is getting stronger though so I am hoping for a full recovery. I will be competion for all of you ladies. I am hoping to go to the YMCA this weekend. I will go to an aqua class but will probably just float around. Just being there will make me feel better. Little bit at a time and I will get stronger. I have to be better before Feb 12 because I leave for Puerta Vallarta. I am going alone the first week. Anybody want to be my nurse for the first week if I can't manage by myself.......lol

love you all enough sitting here, hopefully when I have my own pc I will post more
Old 01-07-2005, 05:37 PM   #23  

Dee-I'm so glad you wrote. Your blood pressure sounds dangerous. Please, please call the dr. immediately! Can it be the medicine that you are taking would make it that low? I wish I could take away all of your pain. You are such a dear friend. Please feel better and write again as soon as you can.
I love you!
Old 01-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #24  

Hey All...

If you notice at the TOP OF THE PAGE there is a free book drawing givaway!! Check it out!! Also...Here's a letter from Suzanne:

Weekly book giveaway for active members:

I've made a post in the Help Forum and put a link at the top of the forum to draw attention to it. We are going to have weekly drawings and give away a book each week. To qualify, that member must have posted five times during that week. We can generate a list of qualifying members from the admin panel, then we will randomly choose a winner from that list. The five posts must be made from Saturday through Friday, then on Saturday, we'll choose a winner from the previous week.

Everyone qualifies, even mods

Is this cool or what????
Old 01-08-2005, 06:27 PM   #25  
Losing it!

COOL Sherry! I can always use another book!

Dee, so nice to hear from you, but your blood pressure sounds really low... are you sure you need to be by yourself for a week? I know you are ready to get away, but maybe it would be best to have someone with you in case something comes up. I'm so sorry your recuperation is going so slow. (((HUGS)))

Hanging out today trying to get organized. LOL! It will never happen here...
Old 01-09-2005, 01:39 AM   #26  
Losing it!

Sher, I keep forgetting to tell you... I REALLY like your swinging "I believe in angels" signature.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:50 AM   #27  

hello all!

WELCOME JANICE!
you fit right in here,so glad you found us!
i joined ww rite before christmas and the 1st week was tom,then the 2nd week i had to take prednesone but im looking for a loss this week as my belly doesnt seem so bloaty!
and thats a good thing!
why did they cancell meetings there?

gayle,we had a ice storm here to!
the tree i always talk bout tree branches everywhere!
big ones to blocking our gate!
it sounded so eerie when the ice would fall off and hit the house and windows!
it was scary,i could hear the tree creaking and whoosh anouther limb come sailing by!
south of indianapolis is without power and its flooding very badly!
im in indiana so weve been in the news to im fraid!
and i to love your ticker!

WELCOME BACK TINA!
we missed you!
please pop in when you can!

ramona,WTG ON THE POUNDS LOST!

shelly,im so sorry you fell and got ill!
i couldnt even go 1 mile!
YOUR AWESOME!
i use the e-tools,they gave a free trail pass for christmas at the meeting.
i like it.
its 12.95 per month.
i do go over but use my flex and activity points.
still getting the hang of it.

sherry,WTG ON PROGRAM!
and the pounds lost!
the crazy neighbor is still crazy but ive been doing good just ignoring her.
i dont even miss the freindship.
now whats that say?

hello to all my buds here!
have a happy safe sunday!
xoxo
doni
Old 01-09-2005, 07:40 AM   #28  

Doni-You have probably lost, since you are not feeling bloaty. Pred is horrible and will keep you from losing. Just keep at it and you will do great! Why not do a little exercise and post over at the exercise board with me and Cheryl???

What happened to everyone joining Cheryl and me over at the exercise board??? Come on, ladies!! You can walk at least 3 miles for the coming week. Just do it!!

Sherry-Thanks for the info about the book giveaway. Even though I know I post that much, it does make me want to make sure that I post something everyday.

Check out www.flylady.net. What an awesome sight! I need all the help I can get to start cleaning the clutter from my house. I am enjoying my nice shiny sink for the 2nd day!
Old 01-09-2005, 10:21 AM   #29  

shelly,
thanks im sure its the preds.
they always do that to me.
ive been with the flylady for years.
shes pretty kewl.
great for the holidays!
take care!
hugs,
doni
Old 01-09-2005, 10:33 AM   #30  

HI,
Sherry I was thinking the same thing when I read Gayle say they were going to school. Around here we would be out until nearly every icy patch melted.

Ramona it wounds like you have a wonderful husband! Happy anniversary!

Cheryl good luck on your tests. I bet you are mentally exhausted.

Shelley you are doing great! I wish I had your will power and motivation.

Gayle there is a lady I know started airbrushing about 6 months ago. She is doing a local weekend flea market now and sometimes makes $800 a weekend!! Make me wish I was more artistic.

Dee hope you are feeling better soon.
Hope you all are having a great weekend.
Tina
Closed Thread