Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 12:26 PM   #91  
I will make it!

My weekend starts tomorrow I am so happy about that...looking forward to sleeping in a bit...relaxing in bed before getting up to start my day. Oh joy!!

On the bus ride in to work this morning there were a group of Cirque du Soleil performers..they were on their way to the Old Port of Montreal where the cirqus tent is up for the show they are having. The are all so thin, and strong bodied...their bodies are instruments of art....its was fascinating to see them move with grace and ease...they almost float. Sigh!! I have seen Varikai...and it just blew me away....the things they do with their bodies is out of this world.

Anyway, I went to gym last night...proud to say that I ran again...on the treadmill for 20 minutes, then 15 minutes of the speed cylce and then about 50 minutes of weights....I must admit I am rather enjoying working out at the gym..I was there for a good hour and 20 minutes. My gym will be open friday and sunday so I will go those days too. Monday they close at 8pm so I dont know if I can make it for that day...we will see.

Mario is picking me up today...and he driving me to the grocery store after work .... This way I dont have to go home, get my car out of my driving way..which is so narrow..anyway, it helps me out a lot to have him pick me up and drive me...hugs to him for being so considerate. I need to pick up mussels and shrimp for Good Friday dinner tomorrow. Ivano is going over to his brothers house...so he wont be joing us ..I still have to find out if Lisa is coming. but she probably wont know till the last minute...sigh!! I guess I will have to buy extra food just in case she does show up.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: I have to buy it ...so most likely sushi or a sandwich with side salad
dinner: frozen pizza with caesar salad...light dressing of course.
snacks: strawberries and bolthouse berry boost smoothie, yogurt
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

exercise: dont think I will be getting any today.

Have a great day!

Cyan

ps where is everybody!!! I wonder if I should just quit this post...getting pretty lonely in here all by myself
Old 03-24-2005, 03:29 PM   #92  

Hello all. Sorry I have been MIA. I tend to get that way. It's usually a sign that I'm eating like a pig and sitting around watching TV. It's spring break here so the kids and I are all here hanging out. It's starting to get a little old. I had a job interview on Tuesday in the Labor and Delivery unit at one of the hospitals here. I am so hoping that they hire me. It's my dream job! I hate job interviews though. I start talking and talking...never knowing when to stop. I get so nervous. I hate it!!! Anyway, I hope to know more in a couple of weeks.

Well, I'm eating horribly, but I just bought Dr Phil's weightloss book. A friend told me I should read it. We'll see.

That's all for now!

Lisa
Old 03-29-2005, 12:30 PM   #93  
I will make it!

Happy Tuesday ...Yep..I cant come up with an interesting title today...really most days...anyway....I have a busy day but its all good.

I went to the gym last night...it went well..I didnt run...but cycled instead and then did weights. Food hasnt been the best..I have eating way too much chocolate...all that Easter chocolate is killing me...must be strong..say no to chocolate.

At least Mario didnt give me any chocolate..oh wait..he did..but a small easter egg...cream filled...from Laura Secord..it was gross ...I bit into it..too sweet...I threw it out...He agreed it sucked. He also gave me a pink easter bunny...stuffed toy...Now he is cute...you can bend his ears any which way. He is picking me up today after work and coming over for dinner and to hang out. I am looking forward to seeing him. He told me over the weekend that he is falling in love with me...Yep! he verbalized those words to me. I told him I was feeling the same way.

I have my gynie appointment thursday morning...ACK!! Not looking forward to that but one must not deglect your health..so my yearly exam is up and its time for a Pap smear and all that other poking around and stuff. I also made an appointment for my yearly checkup with my family doctor..this time I will have to do a complete blood work...check cholesterol, sugar, thyroid function, liver, std’s all that stuff...man oh man...that is hard.. I hate taking blood...at least Mario is coming too...he has an appointment for the same blood exams. At least that will only happen the end of May. Have some time to prepare for the blood test.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: french bread with hummus and a slice of ham
lunch: mussels afredo with linguini pasta
dinner: favabean stew with side order of spinach
snack: banana

exercise: maybe cycling if I get the chance otherwise its a night off

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 04-01-2005, 09:51 AM   #94  
I will make it!

Although its gray and somber out there...rain too...most of the night...oh well...my lymphnodes on my neck hurt...I may be getting sick but I think I have enough immunity wellness to fight it off...come on body..you can do this!! I didnt wind up going to the gym last night...it was raining cats and dogs...so Lisa who had come over for dinner ...we were going to walk up to the gym...anyway, we did an hour long accelerated body sculpting Pilates DVD instead!!! Ouch! let me tell you...that was tough...and I got a work out in ...Yay me.

Tonight I am supposed to go over to Mario’s place and then he is supposed to take me out for a sushi dinner!!! Looking forward to that...cant wait to see my cutiepie...but that means I wont be going to the gym tonight...I will cycle at home instead and get in at least 20 minutes on the bike ...I dont want to drive in traffic so I will wait till 6.30 pm to take the bridge over to his house which leaves me enough time to do some at home cycling. I will go to the gym on Saturday and Sunday so its all good.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: pork and clam stew
dinner: sushi!!!
snack: banana and pear

exercise: 20 minutes cycling at home

Have a super duper day

Cyan
Old 04-04-2005, 11:11 AM   #95  

Hello Cyan! I'm so glad to see you here. I do read although I don't aways have time to post. I usually have a baby in my lap or on the floor eating something like a penny or some paper. Anything that shouldn't be in in his mouth.

Please know, cyan, that you inspire me so much! I think of you and your weightloss success many times when I am discouraged. You help me know that it is possible. My problem is that I want immediate results. I'm inpatient. Then when I don't get the results fast enough, I get depressed and I eat and sabotage myself. I've been reading the Dr. Phil book. I haven't gotten very far because my time is limited, but I find it very good at helping me look inward and helping me make changes in my head before I can make changes in my weight.

Things with you and Mario seem to be going so well. I am so happy for you!

Cjunk and the rest of you, hope you are doing well. Talk to you again later,

Lisa
Old 04-04-2005, 11:14 AM   #96  

Default ps

I did NOT get the job I interviewed for, but that's okay. Chalk it up to a learning experience. I have another interview tomorrow in Labor and Delivery at a different hospital. YIPEE!

Lisa
Old 04-05-2005, 11:59 AM   #97  
I will make it!

Good luck Lisa ...fingers crossed for you in regards to getting the new job!!
Thanks for the comment..I will try my best to keep posting. Good going on reading the Dr Phil book..if it helps...its all good.

Yes things are going wonderfully well with Mario and I...he makes me very happy...I love spending time with him and it only gets better!!

My Mom...she is in the early stages of kidney failure and has iron deficiency. It makes me sad to see how much she is suffering...I hate that illness and the fact that I dont have enough money to put her in a private care facility that would take much better care of her.

later

Cyan
Old 04-06-2005, 01:36 AM   #98  

Cyan, I am sorry to hear that your mother is getting sicker. Iron deficiency can be easily treated depending on the cause and her renal failure, though serious can be treated as well for some time. However, how she tolerates treatment, I guess, could be of concern. Hang in there for her. She needs you. You are her main advocate and voice. You obviously love her very much. Make sure most of all that any pain she is having is being treated. Pain is very real to the patient no matter their mental status. Pain can cause eradic behavior and irritability. Treat the pain and you can more easily assess her needs. I am hoping they are monitoring her input and output and restricting fluids if needed. If she is unable to make urine efficiently, she will swell up and then there will be cardiac problems on the way.

I am happy for you and Mario. He sounds so wonderful. It's so nice that you have someone to turn to for comfort who accepts you and loves you. You deserve that in your life with all that you do for others.

Well, it's late and I just got home from clinicals. I am so tired. The room is kind of tilted right now....I have got to go to bed!

Hope to talk to you soon! Hopefully we will meet up on IM at the same time one of these days!

Lisa
Old 04-26-2005, 11:51 AM   #99  
I will make it!

Hi Girls

I have noticed the few posts on this thread so I have decided to only journal from now on. my username on the journal is the same "CYAN" I hope to see you all there!

Good luck with your weight loss plan and life in general. Thank you so much for all of your support and kindness these past few years

hugs to everyone and see you on the journal boards

Cyan
Old 05-20-2005, 07:56 AM   #100  

Wow...is out site really going to end?? I was hoping ya'll were doing better than me in finding time to get here and keeping the thread going. My life has been so hectic for the past year that I dont even have time for necessities most days much less things for my enjoyment. Cyan, I appreciate your steadfastness with coming here for the last several years. I'm sorry I wasnt able to do better. I miss everyone and think of all of you often. I've been dying to get back here!! Looks like everyone has just gotten extra busy these days. One positive note: I have walked 2 miles a day for 6 weeks now. Negative note: My eating is still awul and I havent lost even one lb doing the walking! I just cant seem to get it under control. It's time for me to get in the shower to get ready for work so I better go for now. I'm going to keep checking here occasionally hoping to run into some of you again. By the way, I've never used the journals...not really even sure how to get there. I'll try to check that out soon.
I miss ya'll bunches!!!
MIKI
Old 05-20-2005, 09:21 AM   #101  

Miki

I saw your post! I'm still here. Yes, I'm busy but I'm still here! I graduated from nursing school last weekend! Can you believe I finally did it!!! I start my new job in the Emergency Department next Monday. YIPPEE> I'm so excited!

Food wise, I'm trying a new approach. It's a gradual change. I've been keeping myself busy so as not to get bored and eat. I've also been brushing my teeth after dinner and that keeps me from eating late into the night! I've also been keeping sweet things out of the house. Exercise and I have not found each other in a while...but ...babysteps...

I was so happy to hear from you ! I'll keep posting if you keep posting...and I bet if we try hard enough...cyan will come back and we can get some of the gang together. I post in the journal occasionally and I always check to see what Cyan's been up to. She's in love, you know! It's so nice. She's very happy, it seems.

Well, that is all!

Hope to hear from you again soon!

Lisa
Old 05-22-2005, 11:30 PM   #102  

Hi Lisa!! I was so glad to find a post from you! I just couldnt bear to think of the thread just ending. Even tho I find very little time to get in here, I like knowing it's here when I can.

Congrats on your graduation and new job!! I hope you love your new job. Be sure to let me know how your first week goes. I am going to try very hard to get in here more often...at least once a week. I really do miss everyone.

My sis and her two kids are here right now from Utah. That's a 24 hr drive from us. Her husband is in the military and they were transferred last summer. We've never been more than 2 hrs apart before so I'm thrilled they are here. They have to leave to go back Wednesday.

I've had tons of things going on the last year and one of these days when I have lots of time, I"ll fill you in on everything. As for now, I better run. School night and 10:30 pm and the kids are still up!

Thanks for the reply!
MIKI
Old 05-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #103  

Well, today was my first day and it was so boring!!!!!! Nothing but paperwork and computer stuff...blah blah blah.

I'm glad to see you back, Miki! I hope to hear what's been going on in your life! I just got home and I'm going to relax a while.

Talk to you soon!

Lisa
Old 05-25-2005, 09:30 PM   #104  

Hi Lisa...
Boring day huh...I bet that will change next Monday. Cant wait to hear how well you like your new job. Kinda sad today since my sis and the kids left out today to go back to Utah. My sisters and I are all very close and we hate having one so far away. I may fly out with my mom tho in September. I hope that works out. I didnt walk today but plan on it tomorrow. My sis who lives 2 miles away walks with me every morning at 6 but she couldnt make it today. We have only missed about 3 days in the last 6 weeks. If I could just get a handle on my eating!!! Well, I still have ironing etc to do before bedtime and Luke needs help studying for finals so I better go for now. If I dont get back here before then, have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Miki
Old 05-27-2005, 11:04 PM   #105  

Well, tomorrow night is the big first day in the ER!! Not only is it a Saturday night, but it's a Saturday night on a Holiday Weekend!!! I'm getting started off with a bang! I'm actually very excited!

I just got my littlest one to bed. The other two are watching late night cartoons. It's Friday night so they can stay up as long as they want. It's my sneaky way to get them to sleep in on Saturday! hee hee hee.

I've been doing a lot of contemplating on my weight today. I saw my reflection in my sliding glass door while I was sitting out on our deck. I was kind of disgusted. I'm about 205 right now. I've been eating like a pig for about a week now. I'm really worried that once I'm working these late hours, I'll really start making bad food choices. So, I'm trying to figure out what it is I'm supposed to do. There's low carb which has worked for me before, there's counting calories, which I think will feel like I'm starving to death. There's exercise like crazy and eat what I fee like within reason. There's only eat salad and drink water, there's all the programs, like Slim Fast, Weight Watchers, LA Weightloss, Jenny Craig, ATkins, South Beach, etc, etc. I just don't know what to do. I am such an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm angry, I eat when I'm stressed, I eat when I'm tired, I eat when I'm bored, I eat when I'm frustrated...it goes on and on. I am just lost.

Well, that's all for me today. I feel like I've sufficiently vented.

I hope Miki, that you're doing well. Maybe someone else will venture in here soon enough as well. I sure do miss everyone. I'm glad to see you and can't wait to hear everything that's been going on in your life. Tell me tell me tell me!!

I'll let you know how my first night at work goes! Wish me luck!

Lisa
Closed Thread