Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 06:34 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Thumbs up Watcher's Club: Share Your Food/Exercise Log Here (Foodwatchers #2)

Thought a new, streamlined version of the Foodwatchers Club was needed. Membership has dwindled but let's slog on ... I'll be back with my report tonight and am posting E's Monday one in this thread.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:37 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Here's E's Monday report:

Coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
1 cup lo-fat milk w/ choc. protein powder
2 corn cakes w/ 2 tbsp. peanut butter

potato-vegetable soup
ww tortilla w/ lite cream cheese, cheddar
clementine***1 choc. cherry "truffle" [my date-sweet. ones]

2 ww w/ lite cheese, spinach, peppers, onion
1 serving kettle chips
1 date-sweet. cookie

water: 6 glasses
exercise: 4 miles treadmill

calories:1660
Old 12-21-2004, 06:45 AM   #3  

Thanks Empress!

Food was pretty good yesterday... weighin last night was up .4 (gee, this sounds familiar)....

wasnt a real suprise as I knew I had been overdoing it w fruit...

I am really walking the edge w/ the holiday sugar/etc temptations...
Am almost relieved I have tomorrow off to avoid...

Am taking a sweet potato for a special breakfast this morning as I really need something to get me past the mountains of food....

And its still very cold this morning... !
Old 12-21-2004, 09:00 AM   #4  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Lightbulb

Slogging in....or is it slushing?
Tuesday Dec 21.

2c hot milk w/instant coffee
1/4 c cottage cheese w/chopped yellow pepper
More w/5% cream

so far
Ceara
Old 12-21-2004, 09:08 AM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Exclamation Tuesday: RECOMMIT TO BEING FIT

Thanks for being here, K!!!! Reading thy postie made me think I need to start posting my log now and editing through the day. I need to get a grip and focus now and stop stress eating as I'm bustin' outta me jeans here. Am making a pledge now to avoid the holiday cookies that are on my desk in the newsroom. RECOMMITMENT TO THIS 'CLUB'!!!!! Howdy to C the Sword Bearer ... I'm editing this post through the day for streamlining purposes.

Exercise: Monday was gym (30 min weights, 10 recumbent bike), Tuesday so far: 40 min walk (may do yoga later or something in gym).

Food so far:

Eng muffin w/T pb (honey flavored) 215
Hawaiian sweet roll 90
4 cheese/lean ham rollups 480
3 Christmas cookies 300
4 Super Lite Christmas cookies 160
Diet soda 0
Water 0
Mushroom soup 120
Slimfast Optima smoothie 190
Total: 1555

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-21-2004 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Adding food
Old 12-22-2004, 07:23 AM   #6  
deleted2

Default Tuesday

brown rice w/ vegs, tofu, scrambled egg beaters
clementine
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

'healthy' peanut butter cup [recipe below!]

1 rye bread w/ lite swiss, mustard, onion, spinach
cucumber sticks
1 serving kettle chips
1 serving edamame

6 homemade cheese crackers
2 ww toast w/ peanut butter, 1 wedge 'laughing cow' cheese

calories: 1800
water: 6 glasses
exercise: 50 min. upper/lower body stuff
4 miles treadmill

About those peanut butter cups: first line a 12-cup muffin tin with FOIL muffin liners. Melt 2 cups malt-sweetened chocolate chips with 3 tsps. oil in a double boiler.
Spoon a little of the melted chocolate in each muffin liner and and spoon a bit of the choc. up the sides about 1/2 way. Put the tin in the freezer for the choc. to firm up.

Now for the filling: Mix 1 cup of unsweetened peanut butter, 1/3 cup date sugar, and enough dry milk to make the mixture like cookie dough. Now top the frozen chocolate with a dollop of the peanut butter mixture.
Then remelt the remaining chocolate in the double boiler and top the peanut butter with it, spreading to the edges. Refreeze. These pop out of the foil paper liners very easily.

Of course, you can use regular chocolate chips and sugar instead of date sugar and all that! Could even make miniature ones too. I popped mine out of the liners and wrapped them individually in plastic and am storing them in the freezer, ready for emergencies. I'm going to console myself with one [at a time!] if the holiday stress gets to me, and it will!

Old 12-22-2004, 08:55 PM   #7  
Empress/Queen

Yowza, healthy pb cups!! Thanks, E! I'm going to try these ... looks like an expedition to TJ's is called for to get the healthier ingredients ...

Here's where I am today so far ... I seem to be developing a pattern of alternating low/mid-range cal days ... hoping for a good weigh-in on Sunday to get a jumpstart. Will continue to log here all through the holidays (working anyway):

EAS Carb Control vanilla protein shake 100
3/4 Eng muffin 90
2 T PB 190
2 sl pumkin break 200
2 caramal Santas 300
Eng muffin 120
2 T PB 190
Mushroom soup 120
Eng muffin 120
2 T PB 190
Mushroom soup 120
Slimfast Optima strawberry smoothie 190

Total 1930

Exercise: 40 mins gym (moving through a variety of cardio, weights, mind-body and core exercises, nothing very heavy except leg press)
Old 12-23-2004, 04:12 PM   #8  

Hello all,

It happened... One of the supervisors makes cookies ... for years... has her mother's recipes who was the head chef at the state college here ...
Everyone told me her cookies are the best... she gave everyone a plastic tub of them today....
I was ok for about 2 hrs....
Then saw a choc chip in the tub... and then another... and then the third...
there might have been more but I knew I had to get rid of that box... so I gave it to a coworker to take home to her kid brother... She just became an American citizen on Monday and I'm not even sure they celebrate the holidays...but she was ok once I told her I had 3 already and needed to NOT eat the rest....
BUT.... they were the best, freshest, melt in you mouth cookies I have had in maybe 10 yrs....
so....
I thought it was worth it....

When I got home, there was a box waiting outside. My sil, who used to be a prize winning baker, must have dusted off her cookie sheets because although the box was marked fragile, there must have been 4 doz cookies in hte box...

Dh had 3 and then I convinced him he needed take them to the bowling alley tonight... DH then said, let DS take them when he goes out tonight...which in a way is kind of a shame but my guess is that DH is afraid what will happen if he spends more time w/ the cookies....

SO...

I'm not sure but it looks like we are going to have a close to full moon Dec 25...

Tell you what, I believe it....
Old 12-23-2004, 05:18 PM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Exclamation Ho, ho, ho & ho!

You did good, K ... I'd have scarfed the lot!

As I'm working the next three days, today's shopping trip was my Christmas and the eating got away with me, so I decided (since it's my holiday) not to count calories, but I want to keep this thread going, so here's what I had so far:

Eng muff w/T pb
EAS CC shake
Mushroom soup
Eng muff w/T pb
Lean ham
Brocolli soup
Slimfast Ultima Strawberry Smoothie meal replacement
Slimfast Ultima Strawberry Smoothie meal replacement
Kid's size eggnog ice cream cone
14 chocolate-caramel kisses
EAS CC shake
Mushroom soup
Crackers & Pb

I bought myself the Magic Bullet blender set and will be likely be having a REAL fruit smoothie tonight ... am also wanting to try a vege smoothie ... the set has enough blending cups for me to keep one for fruit and one for vege ... bought some frozen vege for that ... likely will be tomorrow ... tonight I am also likely to eat a frozen "ethnic bun meal" thing I bought with chicken and vegetables ... not sure. This is my report for today ... I don't dare tally up the cals ...

Edited: Yes, had the bun thing and the smoothie ... smoothie made with handful frozen mixed berries and 8 oz vanilla soymilk ... ... my shake was so much better than Slimfast! Also two of the Magic bullets cups are microwavable and you can blend fresh soup and micro all in one container ... I will try that tomorrow!

Exercise: 40 mins walk/run laps in aerobics room in gym, 10 min ball/yoga/stretch!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-23-2004 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Adding exercise, smoothie report
Old 12-23-2004, 07:59 PM   #10  
deleted2

Default Thursday

1 lite string cheese
2 ww bread w/ egg, ff cheese, soy 'bacon'
coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2

brown rice w/ vegs, tofu, lite cheese
pecan-cashew ball

smoothie [l-f milk, chocolate protein powder, banana, peanut butter]
2 clementines

calories: 1330
exercise: none

Old 12-24-2004, 09:22 PM   #11  
Empress/Queen

Talking Christmas Eve

Nutrition much better today; made the soup in Magic Bullet short cup, took handful of mixed frozen vege, put in cup with half a can of ff, low sodium mushroom soup and a little water, blended a few secs and micro'd in the cup, also drank the soup from the cup, much nicer than the high sodium soup-to-go things I've been having and more nutritious. The pb-honey is my own blend, goal tomorrow NO DONUTS:

Eng muff w/2 T honey 240
Creamy vege soup (mush/broc/carrots/caul) 115
Small donut 250
Rice pudding w/cinnamon 140
T honey-pb 95
2 Eng muffins w/2 T honey-pb 440
1/2 cup blackberries 40
Eng muff w/2 T honey-pb 240
2 EAS Carb Control Protein Shakes 200

Total 1760

Exercise: One hour cardio and weights w/trainer

Feliz Navidad!

Old 12-25-2004, 12:41 PM   #12  
Empress/Queen

Talking Adding goals

OK! THIS IS REDEDICATION TO THE FOODWATCH CLUB DAY!!! Let's not let the lil ol' fact that it's Christmas keep us from at least WATCHING our goals and staying with this thread. I had a scare, thinking I couldn't post here again as I had a major problem with the site (again) but all's fixed and I'm rarin' to go!!!! I'm going to add goals for the next day to my FOODWATCH goals ... figured I could reach my 135 pounds by June if I eat at 1550 or below so the goal for today is 1500 and here's where I am at noon, with the salmon and corn cooking:

Soy/brocolli soup 140
2 T pb-honey 200
2 salmon fillets w/dill 200
Corn w/lf btr sauce 70

Total 610

Foodwatch Club members: Let's allow NOTHING stand in our way ... not illness, sadness, stress, holidays, work, cra**y people or whatever ... WE'RE ON OUR WAY TO A GOOD START ... LET'S THRIVE IN 2005 and keep this club going!!!! No droppin' out ALLOWED!

Oh, exercise is done: a 30 min walk and a 10 min walk! Huzzah!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-25-2004 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Was having trouble with site but fixed, now using this as a REDEDICATION to the Food Watch
Old 12-25-2004, 02:11 PM   #13  

Empress--we have the Majic Bullet infomercials here too... am interested see which recipes you perfect with it.....

For breakfast--

aprx 2 cups tofu w/ mixed vegs w/ a little teriakyi sauce
1 med slice WW bread

2 tangerines
aprx 1/2 apple

lunch --snack?

aprx 1 cup white bean pumpkin soup
1 slice ww bread

Dinner
baked eggplant lasagna w/ skim ricootta and mozzarella w/ mixed veg
( which was the absolute best eggplant DH has ever made!)

Apple cranberry compote crumble--we used macintosh apples which completely broke down w/cooking so that is why the title is compote!!

Yum
Old 12-25-2004, 07:56 PM   #14  
Empress/Queen

Here's my whole day, intend to stop here!

K, the soy/broc soup was in the Magic Bullet ... just soymilk, frozen broc and a pinch of low sodium chicken broth powder ... really good.

Soy/brocolli soup 140
2 T pb-honey 200
2 salmon fillets w/dill 200
Corn w/lf btr sauce 70
2 Eng muff w/4 T honey 480
2 T pb-honey 200
EAS Carb Control shake 100

Total 1390
Old 12-26-2004, 08:49 AM   #15  
deleted2

Default Christmas Day

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2