Old 01-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #61  
..5, 6, 7, 8!

Height: 5'9

Sounds like everyone's on track! Last week was horrible.. had 2 birthday party's at Chuck E Cheese's ... And didn't exercise much do to it being so cold.. The great news about my challenge is I didn't gain anything from all that pizza & cake.. We'll see what happens this week!

Good luck everyone!
Shalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:14 PM   #62  

I will except the challange too!!! I would like to lose 10 lbs by Valentines Day! I just started WW last Monday and go for my weigh in tonight! They said 2-3 lbs per week is ideal. So I am going for it!!! Good luck to everyone!!! If you want to email me my email address is [email protected] Or we can post on here!!!
Have a GREAT day!!!
Connie
ccalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:34 PM   #63  

I'm down another 2 pounds this week and feeling great.

Good luck to everyone else with their weigh in.

Congratulations to those who have lost/maintained.
Amity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:17 PM   #64  

Default Sign me up!!

I would love to join this challenge!! I have a formal that I need to attend at the end of February, and would love to be able to fit into a size 16 or less dress. Right now I am a size 18 or so, but can fit into stretchy jeans size 16. So if I got down to a 16, that would be good for 2 months of effort.

I also have a new BF, and while I have not mentioned anything regarding Valentine's day, it would be nice to be looking a bit better by then. Heck, he might think my better look would be an added Valentine's treat!! Yum!!

My goals will be to attend the gym at least 4x per week and to lose 20 pounds. I can do it if I focus.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
snoopychick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:43 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Default Weighing in

Okay, so I am 2 pounds down since accepting Sarah Lee's challenge, 'only' eight pounds to go over the next month or so. I can do it, if I can manage all the lunch meetings, birthday parties and work-related receptions on my calendar between now and 2/14.

Saturday's pot-luck was a bit weird. The hostess blithely said, "Bring whatever," so we had an overabundance of beer, wine and desserts. My green bean dish was the only thing there that wasn't alcoholic, sweet or fat--or like the German rum balls, all of the above! So I fell back on the reasonableness rule, ate lots of green beans, some chicken wings, and a very modest helping of dessert.

A friend got me to sign up for twice-weekly low-impact dance aerobics classes with her, starting later next month. I enjoy aerobic videos, but can't do them in my current apartment. I can hear my upstairs neighbors just walking around, I'm sure that I would sound like I'm coming through the floor. A class would be a new experience. I'm kinda nervous, but it's geared toward big women, so I have high hopes. Plus, it's in the early evening, which would motivate me to get to work earlier and get away from my desk at a reasonable time.

Connie and Clarissa--good luck with the weigh-in. Hope it's not as dramatic as the ones on "the Biggest Loser," ay-yi-yiii!

Congrats, Pook, Amity, Angel and everyone who can post a pound or two down. Shalynn, no worries! I'm happy when I can show changed behavior, if not always changes on the scale. If you didn't lose any ground in a tough situation, that's worth a big pat on the back . Anmyreah--you are a brave woman. I will do my level best to avoid buffets forever. I was raised to believe that it's somehow immoral not to have seconds and thirds at a buffet, just on GP, and that it's a waste of money to not take advantage of all that you can eat.

Okay, back to self-indoctrination. I'm home today, trying to keep some bug from taking over my body, and reading, reading, reading about weight loss and healthy living. Maybe I'll change my signature, to show all my goals: 191 by the end of this year, maintaining at 165 (or better) by 12/07.

Good luck to you all

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 04:15 PM   #66  

I am down 6 lbs as of this morning. I know alot of it is probably water but I have been trying to drink water and green tea also. Now I just need to keep going and not gain any back. I got a work out today. I scraped all the snow off my house and garage roof today. I may be sorry tomorrow but I felt good getting out there and getting motivated to do it. I think with ea. 10 lb loss I would like to treat myself to something special. By the time you are in your 50's I think a massage or manacure is not to much to ask. Will have to think on that one. I also just bought one of those exercise balls anyone have one. Not sure I will like it but thought I would try it.
Anmyreah

one firefly for ea 5 lbs.
Anmyreah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 04:23 PM   #67  

Thumbs up Wonderful Idea

This is a great idea. My long-term goal seems so far out of reach I would like to lose 10 lbs. by Valentine's Day! Count me in!!!!
littledove67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #68  

Hi littledove - welcome aboard

Anmyreah - I think we should absolutely reward ourselves for each 10 pound lost. I am a cabbage patch kid freak and already have one on layby as a reward for my first 10 pounds when I reach it geez talk about optimistic huh but I couldn't resist him, I'm just a big kid at heart lol oh and I think a massage and a manicure at the 50 mark is a great reward too.

Have a great day everyone
Amity
Old 01-10-2005, 11:30 PM   #69  

Hey Everyone,

Ok, here's my progress since accepting the challenge- down 4 lbs this week!!!YAY!!

I have been drinking water like mad, cut out soda completely, and began a new exercise program. I did the elliptical machine for 20 min/3x a week...my goal for this week is to up it to 30 minutes a session. I also began strength training exercise, to begin to tone up.Abs are killing me.

Anmyreah, I just got one of those exerciose balls too...it's great.If you do your crunches on it, they are much more intense and focused, because you have to work to keep balanced.

Good job and keep going everyone!!
-Robin
one motivated chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:55 PM   #70  

I am so so excited! I started last Monday and I have already lost 4 pounds. I think I am going to surpass my Valentine's Day goal of loosing 10 lbs. Now if only I can get more motivated to exercise more than 2x week.
shellbelle73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:01 AM   #71  

Hi,
I would love to join the challenge!! My goal is to lose 10 pounds by Valentine's Day....I am not sure of my actual weight but I will find out on Tuesday!
chica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:23 AM   #72  

Congratulations on your losses this week Robin and Michelle.

Welcome Chica
Old 01-11-2005, 12:41 AM   #73  

Default New girl here..

Hi All-

I've been lurking around 3FC for a while now and decided to finally join in! All of your enthusiasm and positive messages has made me want to jump on the V-Day challenge bandwagon. I'll be 22 on Feb. 8th and would like to add to my (so far) 23 pound loss, so this will be an awesome motivator/birthday present. Keep up your good work!

Last edited by ErMac22; 01-11-2005 at 01:59 PM.
ErMac22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #74  
stacey j

Wow just registered tonight and already makin goals. i hope im not gettin ahead of myself. im would like to go along w/ sakk and just say a few pounds, but i guess 10 is a good number and more of a challenge. i dont wanna be disappointed, but i will rejoice at 8 even!
sw & cw 185
vdw 175
mid monthly goal 10lb less!
(march 15 165, april 15 155)

wish me luck, cause i know itll be much harder this time than last!!
stacey j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #75  

Default Count me in (and down!)

I have a weigh-in on Sunday for the National Body Challenge 2005, although I'm really doing South Beach (can't hurt to learn more, right?).
I will shoot for losing 10 by Valentine's Day!
Goddessof3s is offline   Reply With Quote