Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #31  
stormy1

Well one of my resolutions was to get in bed by 11. Well I got into bed by 11:00 but tossed and turned all night long. I hope tonight is better.

People would probably say that if I were an animal I would be a dolphin. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE WATER. I lived on a boat for several years of my life. It is part of me. Also dolphins seem to be laid back. I am usually pretty laid back. I also like to smile a lot. Look at those dolphins they are always smiling. Also dolphins are known to try to pull people away from danger. I am like that. Sometimes I want to try to save the world, however I long ago realized that I could not. Just trying to help others in little ways is the reason I practice physical therapy.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #32  

Hi all!

CG, Little GH, Red, Stormy -- thanks so much for your cheers! That was so encouraging to me! Every little bit helps! Now we'll see if I can keep it up!

Little GH - sorry to hear about your finger! That second skin stuff can sure smart! I can imagine that it was probably pretty odd seeing a man at the gym! Hopefully he's there for the right reasons!

CG - that stinks about not getting good sleep. Perhaps now that your fever has broken you will get a better night's sleep tonight...I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! As for our challenge, let's try out both -- one of us might lose more weight and the other might be better on their plan! What the heck, why not?

Red - trust me, if I can get up early to workout, anyone can! I don't mind getting up in the morning to get ready for work, but to workout was a killer! I think that if I can make it through this week, I'll be committed to doing it!

Stormy - I was going to say dolphin as well! Mostly because I'm a collector and have dolphin stuff everywhere. And they are so friendly and happy most of the time! I, too, love water....but I'll try and come up with a really off-the-wall answer later!

Hope everyone is having a great day! As for motivation, looking at pictures of myself is motivation enough. I never want to look like this again! That, and I'm still petty and get jealous of little skinny women!

Have a great night -- keep sticking to your plans and the results will follow! Thanks again to you all for the great support!

kelly
Old 01-03-2005, 05:21 PM   #33  

Hi Everyone!
Well I did do my hour this morning at the gym. I was still 231 which was exciting not to be more. I ate kind of bad at work. They had pie, and cake and pasta. I ate it but at least had very small portions so hopefully it will be ok. I have eliminated red meat and eggs.

Its hard for me to be motivated. SOme days its hard to drag my butt to the gym. With impending divorce and such uncertainty in my life, its easy to want to crawl under a rock.

I know sleep and feeling rested is important. Some days I sleep in and dont apologize for it. It does seem to help with stress along with long bubble baths.

Susanne
Old 01-03-2005, 06:04 PM   #34  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Good afternoon!

How is everyone this glorious day??
I just got back from taking bf to work and shopping for tennis shoes- which I hate to do. I can never pick a pair I like! They all feel good in the store but Boy are they mean when I get them home. It's like they get an attitude and start giving me problems and blisters. I couldn't find any today that could trick me into buying them so I am still stuck with crapped out shoes.
( I promise I have not totally lost my mind)

little grasshopper- I assume that guy in your gym works there right? Wow- he knows how to land a good job. Women as far as the eye can see and no competition.
You are doing so great going to the gym- pat yourself on the back- you deserve it!
Okay, for your animal - I understand the dog references- I think I am like my dog Charlie- but how in the world are you like a monkey? Do I want to know? Well you get to be any animal you want so you can be one if you want to. No spaniel for you.

red balloon- you are so sweet looking that up for me. Thanks!
I will give it a try and let you know what I think. I am ready to try something new so this will be perfect.

stormy- Thanks for the tip on the vitamin C- I am about out so when I buy it I will look for rosehips.

kjk- you are on! Okay- how about we get 1 point for making each of our goals? exercise, water intake, food consumption? Then weight loss too! Great idea! I am even more pumped now if that is possible and I was about to shrug off tonight's walk. No way I am doing that now!

susanne- Don't be too hard on yourself- at least you went to the gym and that will help a lot with the office food.
As for motivation- I know you can do it! You know you can do it! Don't let life run you- you run your life. One step at a time and allow yourself to be human and make mistakes and it will happen.

Well-I always end up writing these epic novels and I know you guys have got to be groaning when you see the length of my posts. I will stop here and get on later to talk more.
I need to go to take some more meds and let Charlie in from the backyard before he tunnels under the fence in an attempt to escape. (The funny thing is he ALWAYS tunnels into the neighbors fenced in backyard and is still stuck).
More later-
Old 01-03-2005, 06:39 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Lots to read I love it. Crime girl - have you seen the size of MY posts you got nothing to worry about

Finger made it through the day Thanks for the concern second skin stuff is eeeeevil!

Susanne - I take lots of bubble baths too and no harm done giving yourself extra time to sleep. You'll need it during times of stress - and you sure have some. You're doing a great job though. Sounds like you're taking control and doing well. We're here for you. I can't imagine this is easy but we're all here. Talk to us anytime!!

Crime girl - glad you're feeling better!! About me being like a monkey - see, I like to throw shi....just kidding! I like to play, and I love shiny things I'm really hairy too just kidding I really do love monkey a lot though!!! They're sooo smart and so feeling.

I know I haven't said hi to everyone -forgive me, I'm trying to run out the door to make to my first yoga classs. Dont' want to flunk on the first night.

See you soon!
Old 01-03-2005, 08:29 PM   #36  
stormy1

Hi everyone. One good motivator is to reward yourself after so many pounds lost. For example, when I lose my 10 pounds by Feb 14th I will reward myself with something (I do not know yet), but it could be clothes, a massage, a pedicure, etc.
For me just thinking of wearing shorts this summer is a great motivator. Another good motivator for me is the program that I am in. As GH probably knows, we spend a lot of time touching each other. There is nothing more uncomfortable then knowing that your lab partner may be a guy. I will never forget in undergrad school when I was paired up with a guy on the day we had to learn/practice gluteal massage. I think it scarred me for life!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone sounds like they are doing awesome. Susanne, do not get down on yourself. You are doing awesome despite all that you are going through.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #37  

Poor Stormy!! I was the table dummy when we did glute massage - so everyone in the class was looking at my rump! I'm sure they were trying to figure out how I could have a waist bigger than my butt I can relate though - we did an ab thing and I was partnered with a guy. You had to relax your abs and they felt for something - i can't even remember what we were doing...all I remember is that he kept poking me in the stomach, saying "you're holding it in...you're holding it in.." and I kept going "no." "no." It's all I could think of to say!

Guys if you're looking for a yummy way to cook chicken..I put several pieces in a slow cooker with a tiny bit of water and salt and pepper and turned it on low and let it cook over night. It's SOOOO good!! I'm having to fight BF for it. You can add veggies if you want but it's yummy just like that.

Did the yoga class tonight. It was great! I had a bad mirror - must remember to NEVER stand in front of those mirrors again. They made me look really really fat! And made my boobs look HUGE!!!! I'm trying to relax but thinking "man, are they REALLY that big???"

Better get to bed. I'm going to do pillates tomorrow and work upper body on weights. Oh, I also rode my bike 5 miles and did 40 minutes of weights. I'm almost doing a "normal" weight workout Physical fitness test is Wednesday A.M. Wish me luck
Old 01-03-2005, 09:49 PM   #38  
Trying or Dying

WOW little grasshopper- you are like robo-exerciser now! Good for you..What are you taking that is making you so able to do all that and can I have some?
I am still dragging around the house like a zombie- I am starting to annoy myself. Geez!
I have a question for you - I got a yoga DVD because I want to learn yoga as a stress reliever and one of my friends who does yoga laughed at me because she said it is impossible to learn yoga like that. Is this true?

stormy- I am all about rewarding yourself when you meet your goals. If I meet mine at the end of January I am getting a massage.
I would freak if I had to let some guy play with my abs. First he would need a roadmap to find them Anyway- poor thing!

Well - I will now bore you with the details of my life- Stop here if you just don't really give a fig. I managed to stay on my eating plan today and I am counting calories to make sure I am not overdoing it. Today I only ate 942 calories and I am going for a walk in a few minutes. I also got in 8 glasses of water today so I am happy. If I can manage this until Jan 31st I will definitely meet my goals.

Alrighty,well- just wanted to check in.
kjk- that is 3 points for me for today..how did you do? well- 2 points and I will claim the other after my walk.

More later happy people! You guys rule!
Old 01-03-2005, 09:59 PM   #39  
stormy1

Little GH, he was probably palpating your sacral promontary. That is where you go right under the umbilicus and push down and in towards the pubic bone. Oh yeah I remember that one Okay, I feel better knowing that you were the example in front of everyone Good for you for going to that yoga class, that will be awesome for the fibro

Cg-I am so proud of you You did great today. Do not go too low on your cals. You do not want your body to think that it is starving When your body thinks it is starving you will begin losing muscle instead of fat and your body will store the fat.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:10 PM   #40  

Hi guys!

Crime girl - little miss goody goody - you were awsome today YOu GO GIRL!! sorry, had to get that out As for learning yoga on a tape. I've mostly done yoga on tapes and I wasn't lost in class tonight - she didn't move me around any, and she was moving others a bit. I don't think it's as relaxing to do it on a tape - but then we had two people making all kinds of noise during the relaxation part...as they were packing up to leave. Some people got ticked with them... you avoid THAT on a video I say, do the tape and see if you like it. Try some of the poses in front of a mirror because it's easy to hold your shoulders too high and that changes everything! I have an internal fight with my shoulders

Stormy - You may be right. It's a blur to me now....luckily he was a very kind student and massage therapist. Are you getting ready for your trip or trying not to think about it? Just need to know if we shoud keep your mind of it or pump you up Thanks for the advice on the yoga. I use to love doing it...back before I was 1 1/2 me's. It's a little harder now but I still love it. I feel stronger at the end and more relaxed. Tomorrow is pillates. We'll see if it's better in a class. Different mirror this time, that's for SURE!

Red - you must be at work right now. I hope you're having a great day!!!

Well I need to hit the sack. I'm tired from all this moving See you all tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:15 PM   #41  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face

I am here! I couldn't ride this morning. I am so bummed! It's been a week now and I really wanted to get back riding. Couldn't because it was closed for New Year's holidays and today, after going all the way out there in the dark and cold, the ground was too frozen. I would have had to wait for hours . So I came home and have been sitting here in front of the computer knowing I have things to DO and just starting to feel more and more depressed!

I get stuck a lot, just don't do anything at all, thinking all the time, reading posts, getting lost in all the possibilities out there, forgetting I have to get a move on it.

susanne -- I understand what you're going through. I'm not going through a divorce but with my job it's probably similar. Things look very bad and I need money and don't have other work. My attempts, though feeble, lead no where it seems. The anxiety paralyzes me. The efforts I do make seem so feeble, so meaningless. It's scary, the not knowing if any day I may go in and will have no job or some non-choice as to hours, days to work etc.

My one bright spot, riding my horse, I couldn't do though seeing her is nice. It also, however, makes me think how I don't want to give this part of my life up, though it is what all the worry comes from because I need so much income to keep her. It seems like a Catch-22 and though I try to talk myself into, it'll be OK, it'll be Ok, it's scary. The weight loss, exercise, eating right, it all seems so unimportant in light of needing work, needing money AND both in a way that I can still ride. Well, now, how does that relate to you? Well, I think I was trying to say that the anxiety is similar and I have no motivation because I'm worried and scared all the time.

Oh, poor pitiful me. What a lot of moaning, eh? Got to just get going, do something! anything! but stop sitting around thinking in circles!

Last edited by redballoon; 01-03-2005 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:51 PM   #42  
stormy1

OK Red you have forced me to crack the whip I know your job is important for so many reasons but you have to take care of yourself. Instead of sitting around the puter and thinking go for a run! It will help clear your mind and help some with the anxiety. Why don't you give it a try As soon as possible get on your horse and ride, ride fast. Try to put things in perspective. You are having such a tough time at work and I hate it for you I hate to see that you are so frustrated. I want you to know that I am thinking of you and praying for you.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:09 PM   #43  
stormy1

Red...okay you must have left the computer So are you running or working ?
Old 01-03-2005, 11:11 PM   #44  
Trying or Dying

Default One more before bedtime...

Red balloon- I feel for you and I know uncertainty can really be a downer. I am with stormy though- get out of the house and do something. Get your mind off your job for a little while if you can. Mark my words though- things will work out. It will be OK-I promise. You may have to make some adjustments and things may not always work out the way you think you want them too but in the end it will be OK. Keep posting- get out your thoughts if it helps- we are here for you.

little grasshopper- I am so relieved that I can start with the DVD. The YMCA I go to has a class as well so I may try to catch that. How hard is pilates?

stormy- you are so right about eating too little calories. I didn't do it on purpose- I think I was just a little gung ho and went overboard. I am going to try to reach 1200 tomorrow. Thanks for looking out for me.

Well I need to go to bed- just wanted to check on everyone one last time and say Goodnight! Hope you all had a wonderful day!
Tomorrow is another support day and it is also a day to talk about the reasons we want to lose weight. ( I am starting to sound like a camp counselor) So speak up ladies- lets remind ourselves why we are doing this to begin with.

I will post the question for tomorrow in the morning..
Goodnight everyone and Thanks!
Old 01-03-2005, 11:50 PM   #45  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up

Stormy, Crime girl, thanks so much! I had turned off my computer, ate a sweet potato with only 1 pat of butter and then sat down and did some proofing on a manuscript. I checked my mail on my cell phone (it's an awful habit) and found stormy's message (can only read one and if I found stormy's message then it can't be such an awful habit. . . ) It made me smile! I was going to go to the gym anyhow, just was moaning, but it really is helping me get out the door. Thanks so much for your support and prayers.

And Crime girl, your post made me smile again too. I hope it's going to be all right. And you promised, so I think it will be.

Yes, I know, I must sound like a nutcase or a total wimp but I do need to say these things because they're all so linked to the weight loss. Maybe I don't have total control of what happens in my life but I do have total control over what goes into my mouth and if I have the time, then I have control over whether I exercise. I really don't want to though. . . The lack of caffeine is major too. . .

Well, I also whipped up a protein shake and put it in a thermos and am taking that to the gym for after my workout. You see, all this optimistic thinking. . . i know that if I wait till I get back home that I will stop at a convenience store and buy food I don't need to eat. I'm thinking I should just buy a baby pacifier and stick it in my mouth! No, I think we don't even realize how our bodies our making us seek food and if it doesn't get the right stuff it keeps looking. I find that when I drink the protein drink or eat good food I feel weirdly!!! satisfied.

OK, gals, here goes. I will get to that gym, cold wind or no cold wind, icey roads or not. It is only a 45-minute walk and the sun is out and my efforts are not in vain! I am in training for bigger, bigger things. I just know it. Nobody else does though.

OH, and for a joke, just want you to know that my latest issue of Vogue just came. Now, if you ever saw me, you would be laughing your head off right now, because Vogue and me are about as far apart as you can get! I'm the jock in sweats or the cowgirl in muddy boots type and, well, let's just say fashion and I have a very steady, as in neverchanging neverchanging. But, I bought Vogue to try to expand my mind, not that I want to wear the things I see in there but to try to learn to express myself in more ways than the sorry repetoire I now possess. And I just thought, this was a way of training my mind to see beyond what I now see in the mirror. . . . it's not just the clothes, it's the 'tude, man!

Ok, gonna walk, then run and pump that iron! Thanks again guys. It means so much to me!

Last edited by redballoon; 01-03-2005 at 11:54 PM.
Closed Thread