Old 01-02-2005, 07:07 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #334 ~SUNDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:23 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy sunday Morning

Okay, so I haven't started on my coffee yet, but it's coming.
I slept terrible. And again, Andrew slept great. I'm just so uncomfortable, I tossed and turned all night.
Sorry I was MIA yesterday but we had such a good day. Me and dh and the kids spent almost all day outside and in the new house, cleaning up some to make working in there better. Then we all went with dh to bottle feed a calf for a friend of ours. Then we came home for lunch and naps and cleaned some more. Then we left again, all together and ran a few errands in town then went to Lowes to look at some things for the house. Then we took the kids to McDonald's to eat and play on the indoors thingy. There were no other kids there and so ours had it to themselves and they had a blast. We came home, had baths and put them in the bed. Then dh and I watched I, Robot. Tonight we'll watch The Bourne Supremecy. But today we've got my mom watching the kids because dh and I have some more house stuff to take care of and we don't really need the kids with us. But nonetheless, we had alot of fun yesterday and enjoyed spending time with each other.

Kristin, I am so, so, so, so, sorry to hear how things are going for you. This year shouldn't have ever started out the way it did for you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I wish you luck with your new opportunity and that will be good for you and Sydney. Please stay around as much as you can as you have become part of our family and we want to keep track of you and see how you are doing.

Hello to Penny, Mel, Deana, Chris and all you other Desperate Housewives. I hope you are having a great and happy new year. I'm not sure if I'll be around much later as we have so much to do. But I'll check in at some point.
Hope you all have a great day.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning all...
Crystal-Sounds like you had a great day yesterday. Also sounds like you got alot of stuff done. I, on the other hand, didn't do much. I had intentions of getting things cleaned up better than I did but Tiana and Nicole both had the flu. When it rains, it pours. Then the back of my leg started hurting. I have that sciatic nerve pinched and it kills. I just have no idea how I did it. Makes for a not-so-good day. I did some walking and that helped a little but sitting was another story.

Kristin-I am soo sorry about your uncle. I want you to know that we are all here for you (I'm sure everyone will agree).

Well...I guess I've procrastinated enough. Time to get the gears moving and get some stuff done. Tiana is feeling better today so she can be Mommy's Little Helper. sshh...Gotta keep that one on the down-low.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning ladies!

Crystal: What a great day! Seems like it is too hard to get everyone together to go places anymore. Or we HAVE to take the kids with us while dh is doing his thing. Glad you got all that stuff out of the way yesterday. Allison will be here before you know it and the house will have to wait til you are back to 100%. It will happen, and it sounds like you are getting alot done before she comes.

Kristin: I was so sorry to hear about your uncle. That is the hardest thing in the world to have to tell someone else about something like that. Been there done that when my first dh was killed. His dad thought I was playing a sick joke until he called the police to verify it. Know that I am here for you as well and if you need to talk just im me on yahoo. I am almost always on but move around to much so I am invisible on there. Just shoot me a message and I'll catch ya soon.

Chris: I'm with ya on the not doing much yesterday. I was ebaying all day looking for a Gameboy Advance for my dd for her birthday this Saturday. Still watching some that end today so hopefully I can win one today and get it in time.

Today the kids are cleaning from yesterday's play day and I have to run to Walmart for some things. I need more glass things to paint mosaic. As soon as I get my camera developed I will post some pics of the vase I painted this weekend and the mosaics on plastic in a frame. The frame turns and it has 6 places for pictures so I am filling it with those. Plus have to pick up the necessecities (tp, snacks for dh's lunch, cleaning stuff, etc.....oh and batteries).

I'll check back later. Have a great day everyone!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #5  
Countess Walks-on-Water

(((Kristin))), I'm so sorry to hear your news. I'm glad your cousin lives close by. I'm sure you'll be a great comfort to her and her family. My prayers are with you all.

Well ya'll, finally got the tree down. DH said I could take it down after New Year's, and by golly, I had it down this morning before he got up. I've done my upper body workout and I'm ready to be productive. I need to bake something for my neighbor - she's at the hospital with her sister who is dying of cancer, and she's worried that her husband can't cook anything her kids will eat. So a group of us are taking things over later.

Deana - I'm sorry to learn about your first DH's death. That's something most of us can't even imagine.

Crystal - so are you "nesting"? Are you getting that boost of energy and desire to clean? What's it like?

I'll check back on you folks tomorrow!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:22 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

Deana,
I was looking at your ticker...Man are you doing good! Keep it up. When do we get to see a pic of the thinner you? hummm....I am so looking forward to sending the kids back to school. I am tired of their bickering and for some reason the house stays cleaner when their gone.

Tracey-I bet your neighbor appreciates you guys helping her family out. I know our neighbor has been taking care of his wife since she's been out of the hospital. She went in 2 weeks before Christmas and just got home this last week. We shoveled his walk for him when it snowed so he wouldn't have to worry about that. His son and DIL live just across the street and do the rest.

Sure seems like a lot of bad got crammed into december. My friend's Grandma died right before Christmas and her funeral was Dec. 23. Then my stepmom told me on Monday that her best friend's husband died on Christmas Day while opening Christmas presents. My uncle had a stroke (he's only 48). Kristin's Uncle died. My friend Alissa's baby nephew was diagnosed with leukemia. I sure hope that this year brings good news. The sun will shine brighter tomorrow.

QOTD: In light of everything we experience and see, what are you thankful for as we enter into the new year?

I for one, am thankful for my kids and family. I am also thankful that I have my health, even if it has some glitches in it. I am very thankful that I stumbled across this website, esp. this thread, earlier this year so that I could be a part of this "family". You guys are all great and you have done so much for me. Thank you.

~chris
Old 01-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Well crap if I didn't know I was going to have a horrible weigh in lol I'm up two pounds from last weeks festivities but this is my year for accountability and I plan to stick myself to it!! I have the power to say no, and I have the power to change my weight, I will do it!!

Kristin, I know we talked last night and I want you to know that I'm thinking of you. Give me a call if you need to talk, you have my cell phone # right?

I'll be at work all day today from 3-1am so yippee skippee!! I'm taking my new pilates ab exerciser with me and I'm gonna get my crunches done!

I hope you all have a great day!! Heres to a great start for a great new year!!

Love to all!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #8  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies quickie for me. We just took Bayley to the doctor and she has pnemonia in her right lung and a bad ear infection. She also has a rash all over her upper body but she just got her shots so the doc thinks the rash is from that. So anyway we have antibiotics and he said if she gets worse she will have to be admitted I'm pretty stressed about it since this is really her first bad sickness and my first as a mom and I feel pretty helpless. Great way to start off 2005 huh? Anyway just wanted to let you all know what was going on and why I haven't really been around. This all started Wednesday so I've been pretty consumed by it. Hope you all are doing well, I'll keep ya updated.

Kris we talked last night too but I also want you to know I'm here for ya! Love ya girl!

Ok back to it. TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:32 PM   #9  
soontobethin

Hi, everyone.
Kristen, I am so sorry for your family. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Sorry i haven't been around, but now that ds is better, I have a touch of the flu. I am achy all over, and soooooooooo tired. I haven't worked out in 2 days because of that, but am drinking tons of water. I hope you all have a wonderful year. Remember, we all have the support of each other on here. Keep up the good work everyone
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:14 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

Jill, Sorry to hear about Bayley. I hope she feels better soon. The antibiotics should kick it pretty good. I've had two kids that have had pneumonia. It is scary. I'll agree to that. Nicole was hospitalized with it last year. We were in for 4 days with her. Tiana was 5 when she had it. She got to stay home but she was a little sicko too. Get some rest if you can so you don't get run down and sick too. Sleep....that is the best thing for everyone. TTFN>
~chris
Old 01-03-2005, 12:14 AM   #11  
**Kristin**

Hey there girls a quick one for me. I just got home...been gone since about 2:30....did some grocery shopping for my aunt, took my L.A.S (like a sister) cousin to lunch, and went to the mortuary to support them as they planned the funeral. Just about had enough of that this year. bleck..... I also stopped and bought 2 new fun things for our house at Nebraska Furniture Mart. We got a 13 inch flat screem tv for the kitchen, dh mounted it on the wall tonight (very cool ) and a steam cleaner. We got the new Hoover Agility. I LOVE IT. I started using it tonight for a few minutes after I finished putting the master bath back together (it is all painted, decorated and looks AWESOME) I love it. I can't wait to get everything done, I hate living in disaray like that. dh painted the guest bath too, second coat on that tomorrow and I can put that together tomorrow night quick after work. I start tomorrow taking care of grandma. I am looking forward to it, so is sydney ! Then I work at payless then home to hopefully put that bathroom back together, as dh will have done the second coat. I will take pics to show you all when I get a minute. I made myself this long list of things that I need to do around here and I am so overwhelmed. I always do this though, if I don't stay super busy, I wouldn't know what to do!

Jill - I am so sorry about Bayley! I am praying that she recovers quickly, poor girl....Chris is right, sleep. sleep, sleep. I love ya....try not to stress too much hunny!

Michelle - Thanks dear, yes I think I have your number, I will check it out Thanks again. You will lose that 2 stinkin' lbs and keep it off...I know you can!

Penny - you too girl! You are awesome, keep going! Thanks also for your kind IM

Mel - WHO-HOO! I am so happy for you! That is so wonderful that you have come so far, I know you can be in onederland VERY SOON!

Deana - THanks for your kind words as well. You are a busy mama too, sounds like "santa' was a big hit! LOL, glad you had a nice time!

Crystal - Thanks sweetie, you are all poart of my extended family too! I know youa re big time uncomfortable, just stay strong, it will all be over soon....well not over, just different! LOL, that little girl will still be keeping you up, just now you have to do something about it! LOL!

Ricci - Thanks hun! You are doing so awesome too, you must be a twig by now, from what you write you have been so OP...that is great! HOw is school going? those girls still giving you a hard time?

Tracy - thanks for the kind words. I have been in that situation this year too ! We lost my aunt to cancer last February...she was one of my best friends too. Food is a big deal for men who don't have the "woman" around...I remember my uncle calling a few weeks back and said...what the heck is a "monster cookie"...his kids wanted to bake them like their mom did! LOL, I had to explain that duh, its a oatmeal chocolate chip cookie with m and m's on it! LOL, he was clueless! It was cute though

Okay ladies, gonna stretcha little..my back is hurting bad tonight...and get my butt to bed...another long, long day tomorrow Im going to try and drink all my 100 oz of water while I am at grandmas...make it a habit. Then I can have a little caffeine when I get home from there...should be a good thing! LOL! TTYL! Love you guys, thanks again for the support, it means more than you will ever know!
NIGHT!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:19 AM   #12  

Starting a new thread....
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote