Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 06:48 AM   #106  

Yes Ceara--

You are absolutely right--

after spending the entire day resolving this issue ( and too much money !) ....

as DH was making dinner, he opened a lower cabinet to get a strainer and guess what he found .....
Yes....
Don't know for sure but they must have fallen out of my pocketbook when I picked it up from the counter and slid behind the open cabinet door as they dropped into the cabinet.....

so........

Guess I needed a reminder to slow down.....
Old 01-27-2005, 06:58 AM   #107  

Ho! Up way too early again today. Crashed and burned after dr. visit yesterday including a long afternoon nap. So I don't think I'm actually short on sleep. Short version - dh will probably be back on dialysis within the next two months but not just yet. Gives us time to prepare a bit more. Main thing now is to get him past pneumonia (I know he had the p. shot - wha' happened?)

A little comfort eating again last evening. Him too but in that case it was sort of good as he had had no appetite for a while. Even though he can't eat much it's good to have an appetite.

QOD - Last book read was a Tony Hillerman mystery. I really enjoy his work - not just for the well written mystery part but because of how he explains the culture/lore/beliefs of the Navajo and other tribes.

Favorite flower - well, I too like so many. But the violet still wins, I think. Simple and unassuming and so delightful when you come across them hiding quietly in nature. Close runnersup - blue hyacinth and white lilac. I'm currently growing a white amaryllis which is about 14 inches high in two weeks or so. My own little bit of spring (courtesy of brother). Wonder if it's too early to try to force some forsythia. Maybe next week.

Kaylets,it was your earlier discussion of tai chi and gugong that renewed my thinking in that direction. So when I saw class offered........Tape seems easy enough to follow. Might try to talk dh into doing some breathing and abdominal health ones. Maybe! Class tonight. I like Andrew (coach) and I guess I shouldn't expect to be even semi proficient after only three classes yet feel so uncoordinated. Feel even that little bit has been good for me. If I sign up for next session, I can redo this session (being offered again) at no additional cost so that would be twice a week. Maybe by spring I'd have enough to go w/tapes. Or maybe w/ right tape after this session. One thing bugs me though. Andrew has said from the beginning that our last class will be a party "where we get to know each other on another level". Well, that's nice and all but if it's only to be six classes I'm not sure I'm into a "party" esp. since he stresses (and I do mean stresses) that we're to bring "baked goods". I still have one nut roll in the freezer and could take that so not wanting to bake isn't quite the issue. It's more that I want the time for physical activity (plus it works out to $12 for that class and I don't feel I need to pay for a party). Any tai chi experts out there who can tell me if this is part of the routine?

Thanks for all the kind words re dh. Don't mean to be harping on it - it's just so big a part of my life and another bend in that river to get past. Once it's accomplished, I envision a calmer lifestyle and lots of joy still to be claimed.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:02 AM   #108  

Oh, Kaylets, that's almost too funny. A real reminder of the ironies that crop up. But now you do have the "spare" again. Does remind me too of an old PA Dutch saying - "the hurrieder we go, the behinder we get". Must remember too that slowing down is often faster or at least more efficient than rushing.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:10 AM   #109  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

Yes Kaye! I can't imagine losing my glasses only because since they discovered that I was practically blind in grade 2, I've worn them! I've actually caught myself pushing them back up my nose when I don't have them on! As a consequence I have a few pairs since I'm literally helpless without 'em.

Geez Anagram. Sometimes the knowing is easier than the not. You both are in my thoughts.

Glad to see the west coast contingent checking in........runny nose and all. If you were here Cerise, I'd be chasing you around with the bleach bottle! Seen that Kleenex commercial where the little kid can't get into the house? Just kidding...you'd be wearing a mask

Empress A...I hope those "ladies" and I use that term loosely, are not polluting the pool water. It sounds like their toxicity is just spewing from them. Kinda makes you look at the importance of things, eh? They need to get a significant life!

Oh Ara--bel---la! Are you dug out yet? Or is it EOM already..shoot it is! Time is flying.

Well, I have work this p.m. and a class tonight, so I think I will get back to some of those collection sites......I would be a dream Flylady make-over!

to all. Make it a great one!

Ceara
Old 01-27-2005, 08:59 AM   #110  
Empress/Queen

[color=blue]I'm also thinking of you and the situation with dh's health, Anagramatic, even though I don't express it much. I lurk every day to see how it's going. Stay safe.

This is a flyby again as sinus is still bad and I need to rest ...

Hah, Ceara, re polluting the pool water ... reminds me of another of their arguments with each other ... for awhile the members of one of the classes we're going on and on about one particular class member ... yes, I do have big ears for overhearing and noting conversations (I'm a reporter, it's our chief characteristic) ... they were saying that no one wanted to be in the pool when this individual was in there ... they complained to the management about her but I'm not sure why ... another time they were complaining that someone in the locker room was wearing, gasp, perfume!!!! They carried this line of controversy on for more than two weeks ... offensive perfume. They also harass the poor receptionist all the time that the pool is too hot, too cold or they don't think it's been cleaned ... like she's the one who should be cleaning it personally ... sorry, I'm harping on this ... it's the lack of cupcakes in my diet ... making me obsessive.

Re that, I'm wondering if it'd be cool if someone started a "clublette" here on the miscellaneous forum for people trying to stay off of refined sugar ... I know there are Sugar Busters forums here and on the land far far away, but those seem to be mainly associated with low carb dieting ... not the same thing. Maybe a "club" could be as simple as reporting how many days one has been off the stuff ... dunno if there'd be any interest in this and I'd be reluctant to be the one to start it as I start too many clubs and it probably annoys folks. Just a thought.

Later ...

Well, actually the last book I read was Sugar Busters. Hmmm. I need a life.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #111  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Did I hear my name? I'm in Boston for the semi-annual company meetings. It was fairly quiet when I arrived last Saturday morning and I enjoyed some peace the first couple of days, but since then it's been non-stop. Parties mixed into the meetings and dinners with people that I've become friends with but not a lot (none, really) of downtime. Between meetings and the weather, I haven't stuck my nose outside the hotel since Monday (although I have hit the gym pretty significantly -- where's that "patting self on back" smiley). This is really the first break in the action. I've got 5 hours free, going to go for a walk and have some lunch and then strap myself in and get a little work done. My apologies again for not responding textually -- responding in mind and heart, though, and sending those responses off to you, Dears! K -- off to walk before I conk out here instead.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:55 AM   #112  

I have just finished some of the most incredibly busy work days, and managed to do so without losing my temper, even when the administrative assistant decided to run a disk scan when I stepped out for a moment and had a deadline in an hour. I just remembered when I had a job like that, took a few deep breaths and waited out the fifteen minutes and got everything done after the scan was finished.

Today I am taking ti easy. I was almost tempted to take the day off, but I do have stuff that cannot wait, it is just that it does not have the same ammount of tragic urgency and there are not so many epopel depending on it.

QOD: last thing that I read...well I like to get up a bit early in the morning and do a bit of reading, but I have the habit of reading alound when I am in the house by myself, adn my dh leaves very early (6ish) while I do not have to leave till 8:45. I read to the cats, who seem to enjoy it. Right now they are getting very smart becuase we are reading "The Education of Henry Adams" which is very enjoyable and works well aloud. I have never read it before, but I did read "Mont St. Michael et Chartres" in college and had a love/hate relationship with it.

anagram, I hope things are going a bit easier for dh. I suppose at least know what is wrong makes it easier to treat. Still, take good care of yourself.

Well, I suppose I should get back to work now.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:52 PM   #113  
deleted2

Hugs to you and DH, Anagram. And YES! Lots of joy still to be claimed!
And I'd be kinda put off by the instructor blowing off the last class too. That actually happened with me and Garry once and it was just weird. Maybe he meant after the last class, I hope!

Hey, at least you found your glasses, Kaylets!

Hi Arabella and SeeCat! Speaking of cat I'm dealing with a sick 19 year old now; hoping she has another miracle left in her!

Amarantha, the pool ladies sound horrid! Life's too short, don't give 'em the power. And please, start a no sugar club, I'll join! I'm on Day 131--but who's counting?

Old 01-28-2005, 11:22 AM   #114  
Spreadin' the luv.

I'll be in a little later to post properly, but I just read this interesting article and thought I'd post the link while I've got it on my clipboard: http://articles.health.msn.com/id/100100247/?GT1=6065
Old 01-28-2005, 04:59 PM   #115  

Hi, all. Awfully tired today, could hardly get out of bed. But made it to pool anyway and getting a lot of other stuff done anyway.

Yes, ceara and Seecat, it is better knowing (for me, anyway) because now I know what must be done and can start doing (I'm more a doer than anything, I think - I don't stew, I do- whether it's the right thing or not). DH says he's feeling better a bit today pneumoniawise anyway.

Wood Nymph, what a time to be in Boston!!! A new record snow for January and you're there in the midst. Still there are good things about staying inside.

Now I'm thinking Andrew might not be totally blowing off the last class, maybe just part of it. I ordered the tape he mentioned - convenient anyway as he'll bring it to class. If I sign up for the next (advanced ) session, I can take the beginning as well for the same price so it would be a two hour session. Would it kill me? Have to think about that.

Well, off to finish dinner to take to a friend recuperating from surgery and time ours to be just done when I get back. Let's get out the abacus for this one.......
Old 01-29-2005, 07:56 AM   #116  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

Man oh man. I hit the bed at 8 pm and didn't leave 'til 7 am...was I tired! Don't know why, but obviously I needed the sleep. And the feather mattress is wonderful!

Nice to see you Arabella...hope you're having fun at the convention....they conjure up such bad visuals for me

Anagram...how's things today?

Hi Cerise...am waiting with bated breath for your post...hope the head is clearing out! And where is ms wsw these days? Another Friday has rolled by without Punkin too...Wildfire...madly packing?

I started a journal over in the journal forum....it is a little weird...kinda like a thread instead of a journal per say. However, I have my entries all together on the notepad they provide. Thank goodness I'm not a prolific journaller However, the scale has been behaving now for 3 weeks ...prolly because I've been behaving and the two are a direct reflection right?...and I've lost the weight I put on after Christmas....I didn't sock any on until New Year's practically and then baby watch out! However since the 10 of Jan., I've been stellar...almost a saint...and so humble...and things are movin'...thank goodness.

So I'm off slowly...still a little groggy...must get to some oatmeal and then get the day goin'. More cleaning I suspect.

to all!

Ceara
Old 01-29-2005, 08:25 AM   #117  

Hi, Ho, Ceara! Must have been the post full moon. My bed's seemed more comfy than usual lately. DH still has a cough despite Robitussin/codeine, not huge but not gone either. He did say yesterday he felt better than in ages. Have put off any discussion of dialysis steptaking until Monday, I think.

I'm looking forward to today as a catch up day. Haven't lost, or gained significantly which I consider a miracle in itself. Hovering in the same range as before the holidays.

DD/family having some major problems too so will call to give her support this a.m. I'm going to have to dig deep to do it. Not totally unexpected but, on top of other situations (hers and mine), not a lot left to deal with it. And, I suspect, it's going to take a lot. However, I don't think there's anyone else lining up to do it and I am her Mom so...........

Glad the sun is shining. Some snow to come tonight but then the next week looks almost springlike compared to this week. I timed my trip to bring in the morning paper to hit the sunrise and it was surprising how beautiful the cold trip down the driveway was. I took my good old time too and (except for the wind blowing up the nightie) thoroughly enjoyed relating to Momma Nature.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:35 PM   #118  

Hello all....

Saturday just seems to be rolling along on its own....
been doing lots of little things-- Dh is very busily researching phone company options .... our celluar contract ends soon and he is interested in the best deal...

Deals, deals deals... I feel saturated with folks trying to get me to buy things...

Need a nap so I will be back later.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:38 PM   #119  
deleted2

Looks like I'm getting my Dream Weekend. Lots of snow predicted and it's started already. It'll be dreamy as long as we don't lose electricity!

Old 01-29-2005, 12:59 PM   #120  

Today has become the dreaded laundry day, and it is about time. It has been slow going, but progress is being made. I also just discovered that my cats knocked over my one survivng houseplant, but I have not cleaned it up yet. I am in denial. I am going to do it right after I put in another load of laundry.

So, when I started losing weight on WW there was a friend of mine who started at the same time. We were more or less the same weight. I stuck with the program till I transitioned into my own modified program. She stopped after about a week or so. So now she has gained about twenty pounds and is getting really depressed adn I just do not know what to say about it becuase she talks about it a lot. I want to be helpful without being patronizing, adn I want her to be able to feel good about herself regardless of whether she losing the weight or not.

At any rate, one of my smug cats has just settled in my lap with a very proud "I just killed your plant" look. Sigh.
Closed Thread