Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 11:25 AM   #76  

Hello all.

Have been playing "Beat the Trash Pickup " -- mostly w/ DS 's room.
Cannot express to you how horrid that room was left. Why someone would fill drawers full of cigaratte butts, ( 100's of them) food trash, etc, etc.... And yet, bottles of body spray, febreeze, eyedrops, etc, etc, etc...to mask the odor? from us? him?
If you were going to smoke/ drink/use in secret why would you leave so much evidence behind...Especially when past history has proven more than one parent has come in and gone thru things...
Although I will admit, DH had been doing most of it lately and he admits he would just stick his head in and look around....

I couldnt bear to trying to save dishes, glassware, flatware... couldnt stand the thought of doing more than just picking it up and tossing....

Sounds like the trash man just got here...

Ah well, I guess I could've gotten more out there but I do have other things to get done today....

Thought of the day:

"Sometimes we want to fold up our dreams and put them away.
Then, from somewhere inside, there comes a song of courage and we know we can never give up."

Question of the day :

"If you had to guess, how many times a day would you say you wash your hands?"

Think I might make some soup.....

Hmmmm

HERE WE GO MONDAY, HERE WE GO!~
Old 01-18-2005, 06:47 AM   #77  

Hello all!
Scale went UP last night.... obviously water gain... I had a can of soup Sunday, drank lots and lots of Crystal Lite, and also feel plenty of other symptons that TOM is having a early appearance....

Also, didnt eat nealy any of my extra Flex pts and none of the activtiy points ( although those were only 1-2 per day) ....

SO...

All I can do is go forward.... and maybe eat some more??

Ok, I can do that... came home and had 3 servings of airpopped popcorn, apple, serving of oatmeal, all AFTER dinner....

Ok.... crazy combo but those were the refreshments at last night's pity party...

It's brutally cold outside....Need to get the car running and dress in layers....

Thought of the day :

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
--- Albert Einstein

Question of the day :

"Name the musician you listened to last?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 01-19-2005, 02:38 AM   #78  
Empress/Queen

K!!! Really appreciated your visit in the land far far away ... hope you aren't offended that I started a new journal ... the THIRD since Sunday! Needing to tweak stuff ... having health crisis.

Crystal Lite really acts to retain water so that's probably the reason your scale didn't cooperate. No worries!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:49 AM   #79  
Empress/Queen

Warning, long and completely OT Old-Dog related saga: Well, maybe not completely OT. Since I am really no longer able to eat refined sugar and walk around with unbalanced blood sugar (health care crisis previously mentioned), I realized I needed to go back completely to whole wheat only status, which for some reason I'd abandoned in the past few months. I was desperately ill again last night returning from mountains and hungry so when I reached a grocery, I stopped and bought 100-percent whole wheat bagels (you always need to check the label as they try to fool us ... calling things whole wheat when they aren't) and peanut butter and ate a small amount of this in car ... got home and placed the bag on counter, dealt with all pets and lay down on couch, dimly hearing pets rooting around a lot but fell asleep before I could do anything about it. Woke up an hour or so later and Old Dog was standing right over me (she's a LARGE and elderly dog, not given to jumping on me) with HALF of the bag of bagels in her mouth, which she dropped on top of me, with much grins, excitment and wagging of tail. Bag had lots of tooth marks on it, half the bagels missing. She kept standing there grinning so I told her she was good to bring me the treasure she'd found and gave her a piece of bagel. Then she hopped off the couch and I saw her pick a bagel up from the floor. She proceeded to root around all night hiding and rehiding the bagel she had ... she put in on a chair, in the bedroom, in the exercise room and various other places. At intervals she came and slept on the floor next to me and kept looking up to see if her treasure was there ... she seems to have forgotten it today, which is good as I don't want her to eat it ... but I don't know where it is ... oh well.

Going back to bed now.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:20 AM   #80  

Hello all!

Empress-- Old dog sounds like she'd fit in perfectly here--I have one who likes to hide the bread/bagel-- another who would find it and eat it asap...

Its amazing how they become a part of our lives .... the connection is really beyond my limited vocabulary .....

Its still very cold but this morning also have snow w/ ice so I am off...
to survey the kingdom.
hope everyone is doing well...

Thought of the day :

"Think you can, Think you can't, either way, you'll be right."
-Henry Ford

Question of the day :

"When is the last time yo updated your resume?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:06 AM   #81  

Yo - cold and miserable here too, Kaylets. Brrr! Empress, I like your new ticker. Reminds me of how far you've come. Huzzah!

Medical things have been foremost here. Dh being tested, retested, waiting.......Lookslike his numbers are all going bad and he's pretty much accepted dialysis is about here. Just a matter of hearing it from the doctor's (nurse's) mouth and getting our marching orders. Then Monday his "cold" started reappearing, mostly a small cough, then Tuesday a bigger cough. Yesterday (just after the doctor's offices closed, of course) I checked his temp and it was 101.8. So called both nephrologist and internist. Both were good about getting back to me (though both were the "on call" doctors not his own) and so last evening I trekked to the drug store for an antibiotic and must get him into internist office today while waiting also for test results. I was glad I had insisted on a front wheel drive when we got the car last summer. And I'm fortunate it's only a mile away but up and down hills and over a bridge, etc. Lots of slippery.

All else is on hold (though I've gotten five painting estimates in recent days and must make a decision there) - I feel like I'm hanging in by my very short fingernails. Not looking forward to Saturday storm predicted here either. Must call and reconfirm with snow shovelling kid as he didn't show for last night's work - maybe figured and inch and a half not worth the effort.

So still basically trying as much healthy stuff as I can fit in. But have been awfully "hungry" with all the stress.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:19 AM   #82  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

Mornin'! The Old Dog story is priceless...one of my girls is also very oral...she constantly has a toy or bone of some sort in her mouth that she is quite sure you want to have and will take away from her...even if it is the first trip to the bathroom for the human and the toy is well "loved" and soggy at that time! They are funny aren't they?

WI was up last night but the lady forgot to update my book so I don't really know any numbers. However I have started a journal over in the journal land on this forum and am quite heartened by the scales' movement down.

I have another tale OT...as the Empress sez, but is there really any OT for us? My daughter called me at work last night quite distraught. A pen had poked through her back pack at the U yesterday, unbeknownst to her and had blotted and scribbled all over the back of her 200 dollar winter coat shell. Of course it is pristine white...I never dressed her in white as a child because she is a dirt magnet, but she is 19 and will dress as she wishes. She'd done the hair spray thing and had laundered it in cold water...thank goodness.. but it was still pretty bad...looked kinda like a big blue pumpkin thing right over the butt area, center back. I began working on it with the hair spray...the problem was that the lining was transferring the ink back to the shell and you can't get in between the layers. She was going to go buy a new one today (!!!!!!!) so I got out the Lestoil. I figured what the h$%, the water proofing at that spot was already compromised! Well.... first the ink disappeared from the lining and the blurred transference spots and then I just worked at the 3 main blobs with alternating hair spray, Lestoil and sunlight dishwasher powdered soap. Two hours later, a blind man would be glad to see those spots...you have to know where to look to see them.

So.......resume. That would be 14 years ago...I hate changing jobs. The one I do I like and it pays well...if management would just stay in their tower and leave us alone it'd be perfect. Sigh.

Am off. Got stuff to do....ribbons to count for the show I think. The guys supering it wanna know what we have.

Make it a good day!

Ceara
Old 01-20-2005, 07:55 AM   #83  
deleted2

Loved the Old Dog story, Am! You can really paint a picture! There's nothing like an old dog--I think they're as charming as puppies.

Kaylets, I haven't updated my resume in 13 years. I really do love my job now--I can see myself working there till I'm an old woman--God willing!

Anagram, very distressed to hear about your husband. I'll be thinking of you both and sending good thoughts your way. I can't imagine how stressful this is for you, but you're strong and in love and you'll handle it beautifully. You're such an inspiration to us. Please remember to take care of yourself, okay?

Ceara, I can't believe you got those spots out. I'll have to go buy a jug of Lestoil on your recommendation!

Bitterly cold here--I wish it would snow tomorrow. Garry and I have the weekend off and it would be nice to be snowed in.

Old 01-20-2005, 08:18 PM   #84  

Hello all!

Anagram! Of course you are stressing......and trying to act as though not stressed in front of DH, I am sure....
so, yes....perhaps getting folks into paint would be a good idea as a distraction as well as someone you could let loose on!! Or perhaps w/ the forecast, perhaps not....

And yes, very clever to insist on the 4 wheel drive-- always thinking, you are my clever one.....

I am sending very positive energies your way.... For both you and your DH....
You know we are all here for you.... you are not alone on this journey...we are always here ... a safe place to vent...

and as for the hunger... this is in no way the same, but the bluetick had an emergency trip to the vet tonight as dh found her trembling and hot... ( which the vet diagnosed as a back injury plus the skin rash/infection is probably the old thyroid issue) AND the whole time .... I WAS STARVED... and when I got home I had to come and turn on the computer to avoid an all out food frenzy....

so if it was DH, I can only imagine...

So let me log my food today so I know what is what...

take care all...
Old 01-21-2005, 12:33 PM   #85  

Slinking back into the palace in embarasement. I have had several really bad eating days, which coencide with high stress days. All I can say is: glug. I ate pizza and I do not even like pizza. I had fries and I have not touched fries since about september. The good news is that I feel like crap so I am not tmepted to continue, and the scale has not moved in an upward direction.

I loved the old dog story. It sounds like she was so proud of her gift to you. My cats are fond of people food as well, particularly crackers of all types. We have to put them up in the cabinets or they end up with tiny teeth marks in the wrappers.

QOD: last music - Robin Hitchcock's latest album. resume - three years ago maybe? round about that. I like my job, but sometimes I entertain the idea of leaving ti for something else. I really want to work for an arts orginazation or foundation, but I am not quite ready to move on yet, so no recent updates to the resume.

Well, speaking of which, I suppose that work beckons. Incidently, some day I will learn how to spell.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:26 PM   #86  
Spreadin' the luv.

Talking Smug Viscountess

Geez - sorry to be out so much this last month!

I'm smug today because it's so lovely and warm suddenly here in Seattle. I feel so very sorry for the cold queens in the east, though. I had my own wintry adventure this weekend - drove to E. Washington to surprise my mom with a weekend visit for her birthday. We had a lovely time and I drove back on Monday, but the trip was **** all the 250 miles home to Seattle. Snow on the highway, freezing into ice, with freezing rain coming down the entire way. Then the mountain pass, where everyone was chained up and going 30 miles an hour. The 4.5 (normally) hour trip took me eight white-knuckled hours. I also had to get out every 30 miles or so and de-ice the windshield - a very alarming situation and one I was not at all used to.

So, I've spent this whole week feeling strung-out, exhausted, like I've been beaten with a stick. I also strained my already injured neck (been injured since I was 12) and have been in a lot of pain this week. And now I think I have a sinus infection. Oddly enough, though, I feel pretty OK over all, and I'm still really glad to be home safe in Seattle after that drive, even though it was four bloody days ago. I have a really slow recovery time, as you can see. I really need to start meditating again.

Anagram, I am also very unhappy to hear your news about DH. My dearest friend, I really don't know what to say to you except I love you and love your DH and am sending my most powerful positive chi waves to both of you. You're in my thoughts very, very often.

Amarantha, I love it when you give us little stories about your companions. I can just picture Old Dog's smile. I'm so distressed to hear about animal cruelty cases in the news; it's good for my heart to hear that you love your animals so very well. Thank you so much for sharing.

Kaylets, it makes me feel sad and good at the same time to hear of you clearing out your DS's room. Yes, darling, bag it up and throw it out. It's good for you, good for your soul. I pray that you'll do it and feel good for having done it.

SeeCat, sorry for your embarrassment, though you'll learn (if you haven't already) that all of us ladies could brobably top your story many times over. We've all done eathing things that we feel very stupid for. Why, even now I'm deeply regretting those last 3 bites of rice and beans I ate for lunch. In the words of Rev. MLK Jr. "...if you can't fly, run. If you can't run, walk and if you can't walk, crawl." You're moving up the mountain, love, just like the rest of us, and everyone's pace varies. You could be a couch potato, moaning and doing nothing. You're light-years away from that.

Eydie, I love that you love your job! I love to hear that from people. It makes me smile in your case, too, thinking about that hellish co-worker of yore who made such a bang upon her leaving and I believe made you rather miserable for a while as a result, but look at you! You survived her malice and are still there, loving what you do! I'm so proud of you.

Ceara, you're astonishing. I hope your daughter knows how much you love her for doing all that. Is that cleaning stuff environmentally friendly, by chance? I've been busting my butt trying to clean the house with natural stuff, either "friendly" products I find at the store or just baking soda and elbow grease. I nearly wept last night trying to scrub the stains off my tub with just creamy cleanser and baking soda - who knew I could go through bleach and Comet withdrawal?

That reminds me, Eydie, don't you clean your house using products you've made yourself? Can you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE impart some recipes to me? I'm desperate...is salt too harsh a scrubber for porcelain?

Punkin, Frogger, wsw, thinking about and lovin' you, ladies. You're in our hearts.

I'm going to work now. Love to you all.

Last edited by Cerise; 01-21-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:32 PM   #87  
deleted2

No need to be embarrassed, SeeCat! We've all had our moments of slinking back, believe me.

We finally have snow. Not officially and for real snowed in or anything, but we have the weekend off and may just pretend to be snowed in. It's lovely---one of those snows that clings to the trees and doesn't melt. Like our Xmas tree--which is still up, by the way!

Kaylets, how's your dog? We'll have to exchange pics of our hounds sometime--there's nothing like a hound. Our Jubal has gotten so fat this winter!

Where's Cerise? Wildfire? Wsw? Punkinseed?

Anagram, how are you today? Did you make it in to DH's appointment?

Old 01-21-2005, 04:40 PM   #88  
Spreadin' the luv.

My dear Eydie, my tree is up as well. And I'm glad you finally have snow. I've officially driven through all the snow I care to see this year, thank you.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:55 PM   #89  
deleted2

Cerise, we posted at the same time. Cosmic, eh?

Yes, i've been using my homemade cleaning stuff---wanted to make the switch for New Year's and have been very happy with it. I haven't really researched it, but have been experimenting with potions of white vinegar and baking soda mostly. [Love that fizz!!! ] When I really want to go mad I'll throw in some essential oils for fragrance.
The only cleaner I've held onto is carpet spot cleaner---dogs and cats, you know. One thing that I really like is mixing baking soda and essential oil of choice and sprinkling it on carpets and couches, leaving for a while and then vacuuming it up. Much better than those carpet freshener things. I love using orange oil, or rosemary--my favorites. [And I must insert the warning to test on a tiny unloved corner of your carpet before using, blah, blah, blah...]
Oh my sister, I know how you suffer trying to clean your bathtub. Unfortunately I think in my fervor to clean mine in years past I've irredeemably scratched it and it always looks well, less-than-clean. Oh well.

Ooh, almost forgot! You mentioned meditation. Garry and I have managed to meditate every day this month. Lest you think that we're sitting there in total serenity, let me assure you that's not always the case. Sometimes I simply don't want to and most of the time I still can't rein my wild mind in. But we know it's good for us, and it's only 15 minutes and sometimes less, if I get to set the timer.

Old 01-23-2005, 01:29 AM   #90  
Empress/Queen

Day 6, no refined sugar, no white flour.

Sorry for the brevity, just had to share over here at the palace, now must go to bed.
Closed Thread