Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 06:47 PM   #46  
deleted2

Thanks for the info, Molly! Always interesting to know what our fellow travelers are into. I've done a bunch of different things along the way--you name it, I've most likely tried it! I'll have to make a list sometime...

Ceara, love picturing you in downy fluffy comfort! What's eiderdown? Is there a winged beast called an eider?

Anagram, you've taken your Christmas tree down? Awwww....Guess I'm the last hold-out! Ours is just a 4 footer and looks for all the world like a real tree with litte pine cones and ice crystals on it, and lights. We don't do ornaments so it may stay up all year--who knows?
I just had a memory resurface. When I was very young, I read an interview with one of the Price Is Right girls--you know the ones who fondle the prizes and all?--It was summer and she still had her Xmas tree up and when asked why, she said, "because I can". I recall thinking that was pretty cool. Funny the things that stick with you, isn't it?

Amarantha, Glad you visited and I'll see you in the other realm!

Kaylets, I wanted to ask you too if you had a plans for the 'new' room?

Cerise, truly sorry that you're having difficulties. Yes, we love you, Ramon loves you and all will be well. Just a thought: sometimes a tiny little shift somewhere can make a huge difference. Don't dig in your heels, be open, be flexible!

Old 01-11-2005, 01:21 PM   #47  
Spreadin' the luv.

Arrow Feeling a little better today.

Hello, ladies.

HELLO, FROGGER!!! Yay, Tadpole Sydney's doing well, Mama Frogger is happy, all is well in our Queendom. Pictures, pictures, pictures (and not just of Beloved Sydney, if you catch my meaning, ma'am)!

Ugh. Last evening I spent a great deal of Ramon's time moaning about how miserable I am, then went for a potty break, and remembered (on the toilet, in case you're interested ) that I was almost certainly experiencing PMS last weekend. That accounts for the irritability escalating into rage, I guess. Ramon, when I explained it to him, gave no visible reaction, which usually means that he's mulling over the gross unfairness of the cosmos that his wife becomes a shrieking harpy once a month and is only marginally to blame. And that she only ever remembers that it's time after she has descended into harpy-ism and he has endured it and the inevitable weepy, self-hating aftermath. Poor Monchis. Hey, at least I have a good reason for having lost my bloody mind. He mildly suggested that I start marking my harpy time on a calendar so it doesn't take my by surprise EVERY MONTH. Wow. I shake my head...

Eydie, I still have my holiday tree up, ornaments and all. Think I'll start contemplating packing up the trimmings tonight.

Love to all, and moaning session officially over. For this month.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:30 PM   #48  
Is it Friday yet?

'Tis I, Punkin' of the Realm of the Long Lost and Missing...

Sheesh, what a crazy $^(&#$(*& last few months it's been... Here I swear I'm back to stay and what do I do? Disappear!

First off, THANK YOU all oodles for the Christmas cards! I needed the cheering like crazy and seeing your handwriting showed me just how *real* we all are, even if we're little names on a screen. I've missed you all!

In a nutshell, what happened: We ALL got sick, majorly, extremely sick. My stepfather got carted off in an ambulance at one point because he couldn't get off his oxygen long enough to be driven to the ER. 3 weeks out and he's still on the oxygen, but doing better. My mom and I are still coughing and blowing after 3 WEEKS! At one point I was sleeping 10+ hours a day. Thank the Gods for internet shopping or Christmas would've been a total bust.
All this was followed by a massive implosion of the group that I've been celebrating Sabbats with - my email program should literally be smoking by now from the quanitity of email - not to mention the number of phone calls. Of course I ended up being the "go-to" girl with people's concerns (I'm sure I was a counselor of some sort in a past life) and well, it's still a mess but I've decided they can all just cool their heels so I can start taking care of ME, for a change.
Then, one of my best friends dropped a bomb on me right before Christmas when she said she and her husband were divorcing. That threw me for a loop. She's been coming to me since I'm her only divorced friend that's still single. I've been trying not to relive my nasty divorce, but it's been hard to be positive with her when that's totally NOT what I experienced! She'll be fine though, of that I am sure.

Frogger, I'm SO happy to see you back and to read about little Sydney! Yes, pictures, we need pictures!

Cerise, I've missed you... I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, truly. There's nothing more heartbreaking than marital whoas.

Oop, the work bell's a ringin' and I've got to get to the post office! I shall return!

Your MIA Punkin'
(aka Terri)
Old 01-11-2005, 08:43 PM   #49  

HEllo all!

System issues this am but am here now...

PUNKIN!! SO GLAD TO SEE YOU! so glad you are feeling better and well enough to update us! Hope you and yours continue to get better.....
Its lovely to have you here.

This is for all.... so no one feels left out.....
hmmmm... regarding holiday cards.... suffice to say....I'm still working on it...
Hmmmmmmmm

anyway--- its the end of the day already---have to try again tomorrow
Old 01-12-2005, 06:33 AM   #50  

Hello all !

One of those mornings that started off w/ plenty of time but then DH and I started chatting and b/4 you know it, we're looking at the Body Challenge, other websites, etc, etc.... No matter how much time you have, somehow you will manage to fill it up even if its w/ little things....

Very much like me yesterday w/left over points at the end of the day....
Dogs needed to go out about midnight so what did I do while they were out there?? Yep, ate two apples --- interesting how the brain works....

Just realized a coworker has been a WW lifetime member who is rejoining because she gained some back...She is about 10 yrs younger but had to go thru the change o' life thing already due to some medical condition.... am going to ask lots and lots of questions about intake vs activity--- eating all points allowed vs minimal etc, etc... I really want to get to goal and then to lifetime... its doable and I just need to find the right combination....

So lovely to have so much of our royals in the palace... hope everyone is having a good mid week ....

Thought of the day :

"Class always shows."
---Kaye Letskus

Question of the day :

"How many open bottles of shampoo are in your bathroom right now?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 01-12-2005, 09:20 AM   #51  

Gray morning again but am very well rested. Had massage yesterday (gift from dh and a prereward dietwise). Have strung together a few good days (despite no pool as cold symptoms still hanging in) and am back at my pre-holiday weight, prettymuch.

So onward and downward. Greetings to all royals, esp. the of Friday who hath shown up on a Tuesday!

And I agree wholeheartedly with the quote from Kaye Letskus!!!

Last edited by anagram; 01-12-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #52  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

This is one of those fly-by "still here" posts. Struggling to get back on wagon, too much work (YES!!! Definitely related), etc. etc. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still around and lurking even if I don't manage a post. Love to all, thinking of each and every one of you...
Old 01-12-2005, 11:52 AM   #53  
Momma Frog

Good Morning all!!

Haven't gotten around to uploading any pictures yet. I've caught the intestinal bug that's going around here. I'm alright if I don't eat or drink anything. LOL

It's good to see everyone back again. Now, if only I could lose the baby fat!!

My sad news today is that I have been breastfeeding exclusively for the past 3 and a half months. My wells run dry ladies. I get maybe an ounce out of the girls every day. I have tried everything. All of a sudden, the waterworks are shutting down and now must find a formula that doesn't give the baby terrible gas. Boo on mother nature!
Old 01-12-2005, 04:33 PM   #54  

Well, yesterday I ate really poorly and have pretty much no flex points left for the week, but hye, at least I did not go OP so I am counting my blessings as it were. Today has been a hectic work day, but at least I feel like I am getting the important stuff done.

frogger - I have known a few people that happened to. One day they were just dry and that was it. I never thought about the formula/gas correlation.

QOD: one. DH and I agree on shampoo type so there is no need for more.

I guess I should work rather than complain about work.

molly
Old 01-12-2005, 04:39 PM   #55  
deleted2

Here it is, mid-January and I've got all the windows open. "Unseasonably warm" is putting it mildly. It's been lovely but I hear that the party's over this Friday and winter's back. Suits me--this weather is freakish!
I had an emptionally draining day yesterday. I was coming home from work midafternoon and a deer leapt out and slammed into the side of my car. [Yep, the one that was looking so good since the bodywork from my accident in November.] Huge dent in the passenger door, but no other damage. It all happened in a flash--I thought it was coming onto the hood! I looked in my rearview mirror and it seemed okay. That is, it bounded away and moved normally. I really hope it's okay--it was a big buck. Speaking of big bucks, I don't think that we'll be turning this into our insurance--we'll just have to eat this repair. Who knows, maybe the dent can be pulled out.
A year ago, I would've felt 'screwed' and put upon, but now I just take it as life stuff and am profoundly grateful that it wasn't worse. So it goes....

Punkin!!!! We've all wondered about you a million times--so glad you're back! Hope you've seen the worst of your sickness and sorry to hear about the 'implosion'. Is it redeemable? Please say yes. It's just hard when humans get together. All those personalities.

Anagram, how was the massage? Did you feel all 'boneless' after? Any more tai chi classes? Such nice gifts!

Thanks for checking in, Arabella! I've been wondering about you.

Kaylets, I'm, ahem, "late" with sending out my holiday cards too, so don't feel alone there! I had such good intentions too. Really enjoyed the cards I got from the queens this year. Don't be surprised if you get an Xmas card from me in March! Hey, I'm always harping about extending the holidays anyway!

Frogger, the human body is so fascinating. I'm amazed at what the female body can do. Grow a sprout then nourish it after--it's miraculous! Sorry to hear the well's gone dry, Ma! Could it be a fake-out? and maybe you'll start poducing again?

Think I'll stroll over to Amarantha's place and see what's shakin' there....

Old 01-12-2005, 08:58 PM   #56  
Hot Stuff

Flyby for me, too. Sybil the psycho boss booked the audit for January 24th....THREE WEEKS to close December, close the year, and prepare the auditors' package. INSANE! Been working through lunches, staying late...and when all is said and done it won't even be appreciated.

Mover-Guy was in tonight to give us a quote on relocating our stuff to the new house. Worth every penny not to have to deal with loading/unloading a truck ourselves. The move is booked for Feb 21.

Cerise and Ramon, glad you discovered the reason behind the discord. Have walked THAT path many a time.

Momma Frogger, good to see you back! Yes, pictures please!

Was that a Punkin I saw? Sorry you've all been so sick! That's really too bad about your group. You seemed to enjoy it so at first.

Hello to Kaylets, anagram, ceara, Eydie, wsw, SeeCat, Amarantha, Arabella, and all! Much to do and running out of day!
Old 01-13-2005, 06:05 AM   #57  

HEllo all!

My "row" hosts snack day at work today... one of the ladies suggested we do a breakfast since there has been so much food the last few weeks in the office. I tried a WW's quiche --- DH and I had a tiny sliver to make sure it was tasty enough --- now its just getting it to work.... Its in the reicpes here on the site-- its crustless-- I eliminated the blue cheese and used mozzarella instead of parmesean but as I said it is tasty...

Otherwise--doing pretty good w/ the program-still need to find ways to get more activity in... seems to be my big challenge now that I've gotten so much better at journaling....

Thought of the day :

"Keep It Simple, Sweetie"

Question of the day :

" What is the difference between partly cloudy and partly sunny?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 01-13-2005, 06:06 AM   #58  

Got these from a friend at work and thought they were worth sharing, so enjoy!

A group of professional people posted this question to a group of 4 to 8 year olds. "What does love mean?" The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined.

When my grandma got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandpa does it for her now all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love. - Rebecca- age 8

When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouths. - Billy- age 4

Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving Cologne and they go out and smell each other. - Kari- age 5

Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French Fries without making them give you any of theirs. - Chrissy- age 6

Love is what makes you smile when you're tired. - Terri- age 4

Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK. - Danny- age 7

Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. - Bobby- age 7 (wow!)

If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate. - Nikka- age 6

Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday. - Noelle- age 7

Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well. - Tommy- age 6

During my piano recital, I was on stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore. - Cindy- age 8

My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night. - Clare- age 6

Love is when mommy gives daddy the best piece of chicken. - Elaine- age 5

Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford. - Chris- age 7

Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day. - Mary Ann- age 4

When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you. - Karen- age 7

You really shouldn't say "I LOVE YOU" unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget. - Jessica- age 8

: ) !
Old 01-13-2005, 09:51 AM   #59  
Empress/Queen

That's sweet, K! May I suggest we all post our own answers to "what love is ..."

I'd say love is when your dog follows you around the house wherever you go even when there's food in her bowl.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:36 AM   #60  

So, I had a bit of an adventure yesterday. The weather here has been fairly mild (below freezing, but not too bad), but over the next couple of days it is going to get down to -25. So, I came home yesterday and there was a small grey cat on my doorstep. He was a very handsome cat, but had clearly been roughing it for a while becuase he had a shaggier winter coat. It was not one of my cats, who are indoor cats, but he thought he was mine. I petted him and then went inside. He tried to come inside as well, but I have three cats and they do not like stranger cats at all. It was snowing at the time and I was a bit worried, so about twenty minutes later I checked outside again adn there the cat was. I went out and picked him up and he had melted little paw prints into the snow on the doorstep. He purred very loudly when I picked him up, and clearly he thought he was at home, so I brought him inside and put him in the bathroom so that my cats would not freak out. I knew that I could not leave him outside becuase the weather was going to get deathly cold. So I called everyone I knew and all of the no-kill shelters and had no luck. Finally a friend of mine called and said that her sister would take him adn had been thinking about getting a cat for a long time. They came and picked him up and it was love at first sight. Aparentlly he slept in the car all the way back to her place and now they are fast friends.
Closed Thread