Old 01-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #76  

Helloooooooo.....haha, everyone busy. My day has calmed a bit. The kids were calling my name every scond this am. The kids are fed their lunches and I am thinking about what to have and what to have for dinner.

Well just checking to see if anyone was here.
Summer where have you been? I bet you are busy traveling. Come back and chat when you can!!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:20 PM   #77  

Btw I might start a diet between the Atkins and the SBD. When I did it last spring I had so much more energy. I'll see. I mean eating a cheeseburger without the bun is not so bad. Still have the onions and pickles . I know I should do a way of life diet though, something I can stick with. I am going to have to think about this. Well I might run to the bank but now it looks like freezing rain coming down so I might just stay home. I still have Christmas stuff to put away yet and organize. Check back later girls
Old 01-12-2005, 03:54 PM   #78  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey all!!! How are ya all doing today?

Julie, That sucks that hubby wont take ya to Florida. I want to go back so bad but I dont have anywhere to put Rebel for a few days. My Mom has 3 Rotties and 2 of them dont really care for Rebel so I cant put him there and I dont think he would handle a kennel too well.

It is so cold here today. It was -4 this morning. We are still waiting to hear drom the owner of the building as far as how much rent he would want. The waiting sucks.

I am so proud of all of you for getting on track. I am so jealous that I cant get my big butt in gear and lose all of this weight. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and wow, I am a big girl again. Maybe that is what I am supposed to be, I dont know.

Jay took Brit for a ride on the snowmobile tonight. Oh Julie, What are you guys paying for heating oil out your way? It is $2.20 for the credit price up here and the cash price was like $2.09/
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:00 PM   #79  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

((((ME)))) Man, I needed a hug . I am so stressing out at work today. One of my guys sprained his ankle on the job yesterday, didn't report it until about 4 hours later when it started to swell up. He doesn't want to go to the dr. but I think I'm gonna have to force him to go to cover my @ss. He's a man and thus he doesn't need the doctor, but he's trying to get me to lighten up his schedule--I told him I can't do it w/out dr.'s orders. I'm not having much luck w/getting assistance with my WC insurance company and am waiting on 2 calls back. I hate this, this uncertainty. I hate not knowing exactly what to do, if what I'm doing in business is the right thing and if I'm violating any damn state or federal laws because of ignorance. I am not cut out to be an employer. I just wanna be a barrista at Starbucks.... wah wah wah. OK, enough whining for now. Wait, it's almost lunch and I haven't had breakfast yet OK, enuff whining for real.

I missed the Biggest Loser last night. I watched some DVD's and played my Gameboy instead

Julie, freezing rain? :umbrella: I was freezing this morning and it was only 63 degrees . You and Angie are a penguins I tell you, living up North there in the cold, just kidding.

Kempy, you are sooooo lucky to live where you live, with so much history and cool stuff to explore right in your backyard. I so want to go back and visit. Is the house clean yet? huh? huh?

Angie, where the heck are ya hiding girl? Did you finish laying the RV floor?

Cal how are you doing today? Have you gone back to work? Say hi to Ashley for me.

Cherie, come up for air and say hi when you can

Summer, hope all is well with you

Hmmm, did I miss anyone? Hello to all anyway. Be back later when I'm done having my breakdown.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-12-2005 at 04:39 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #80  

I'm fighting a stomach bug unfortunately Keep you're fingers crossed for me that I'm not getting sick!

>>We watched the movie Super Size Me by Morgan Spurlock last night. It was funny and gross at the same time. I think I won't be eating at McDonald's as much anymore and I will have to recondition Michael on those Happy meals.

Did this movie seem far fetched to you? I mean, I saw it and thought it was funny-but it didn't really address moderation and exercise like I had hoped. What did you all think?
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:53 PM   #81  

((((Noelle)))) hugs to you ....Its all right let it all out!!!! That is what we are here for. Sounds like you are having a tough day. You know what though, I think you are awesome at your profession. Between being a mom, wife and a business owner you got it going on girl! You always sound responsible and so organized about work. Don't be hard on yourself, okey dokey? You are always stronger than you think. And yes I think I am even walking like a damn penguin, haha....can we bring the word bloatation back? I am a bloated popsicle !

Angie we don't use oil to heat our house. But our gas/electric bill is sky high! Crazy, this weekend the high is single digits. I feel for you. Lets just move south, then we can walk and be warm all year . Don't be jealous of me sweetie, I ate like a piggy tonight. Did not snack though after dinner. Just water. Btw next time you look in the mirror....smile, you are a beautiful person inside and out. Are you going to fit in Wife Swap tonight? I am going to try and watch it.

Kempy I hope Joe made it home safe and sound. I bet you guys are cuddling on the couch with your girls!! Have a good night.

Cal hope you are feeling better. I bet Ashley is like a little nurse. She sounds like such a good girl.

Cherie, I hope your work week is getting slower for you I know you said you were going to be so busy.

Hello Summer and everyone else. I think I am going to try and make it to bed by 11:00 again. I am proud of myself I was going to bed last year probally around midnight. Next year I hope to be to bed by 10:30! Year by year and day by day for everything, right girls? God Bless you all and Good Night friends. Morning will be here before I know it .
Old 01-13-2005, 10:30 AM   #82  

Hey guys. I am on my way out the door but I wanted to pop in. We had a really bad rain storm this morning around 7. Joe and I were just laying in bed when he bolted out and yelled at me to do the same. We ran in the bathroom and he said that he thought a tornado was coming. I told him to run get the dogs from the garage and then we stood in the closet. (it is big enough for all of us and then some) I called for the cat and he was already under the bed. He stuck his head out and he didn't want to move. Well, when we looked outside our big heavy grills were off of the deck. Our swing was blown over onto the ground. The umbrella for the table was pulled out and in the front yard. I still have no idea where the actuall unbrella is. It is just the fram sitting in the ditch out front. There were three trees that were spun around in the green space in front of the house. They were laying on the other side of the street thankfully. I think the thing that is most upsetting is a dead tree that was in the back of our house. It had a family of woodpeckers living in it and I would see them flying around it all of the time. Well, it is now on the ground too. I can't believe that I am worried aoubt the birds. I told Joe that I hope they got out b4 it fell. I mean it was their home. When it clears up I am going to see if I can find any of them. I am just keeping my hopes up that they flew out. Of course this feeling came after I knew that we were safe.

Ok, off to work. I just wanted to tell you guys about my crazy morning.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:32 PM   #83  
so close, yet so far...

Kempy, OMG what a morning! I'm so glad you and Joe are safe and it was the woodpeckers home that got hit rather than yours. Hopefully they got out before the tree went down. Animal instincts are pretty keen (except for when they fly in front of your car). I had this image of you as Helen Hunt in the movie Twister, remember that? Whew, your story had my heart racing.

It's a gray and dreary day here, kind of like my mood. It's all work related but I'll live. I'm skipping out for an hour and a half to get my nails done. I need that relaxtion. So far so good on the OP front. High fiber cereal w/skim milk and a vitamin. I signed Michael up for swimming classes again starting next month. Hopefully he'll get through this next level .

Julie, thanks for the hugs . Blotation? I remember that. If you're feeling like a bloated popsicle maybe all you need is a tropical vacation to thaw out. How about it?

Angie, ditto what Julie said--you are a beautiful person inside and out and we like you just the way you are. Has it warmed up a little for you? Did you get word about that account you were worried about?

Cherie, hope we get to chat w/ya before the weekend, but no pressure, just saying hi

Cal, how about you? Feeling better?

Everyone have a good one. Stay safe out there!
Old 01-13-2005, 02:40 PM   #84  

Hi girls

Kempy what a nasty storm. You just never know what mother nature is going to come up with next. I am glad you are safe along with Joe and your animals. Poor little birdies in your tree....but I agree with Noelle maybe they knew the storm was coming and got out.

Noelle getting your nails done will cheer up for sure. I think Jacks made the word bloatation up, I can't remember . I'll come out by you and then thaw out and be skinny as a stick, get it? Popsicle stick!! How cheesy of a joke was that? Haha....just being goofy and trying to get you to laugh. I bet you have a great laugh in person. You know how some people just belt out a good one? LOL. Things will get better and I am always here to talk. Good luck little Michael on swimming! Does he take it at a local Y?

Angie miss chatting away with you. I know everyone's lives are crazy busy right now. Did you watch Wife Swap last night? It was so funny. Those single parent mom girls really learned alot from the experience and so did the Moose, he is not getting a little Loose.

Well I just choked down my lunch a ham and cheese. Don't know whats for dinner. Maybe chili, steaks or hamburgers....should grill today because the high tomorrow if we are lucky will be over 0 degrees, just plain nasty counting the wind chill to go along with it . Enough whining about my dumb weather. It could be worse like the poor people in Thailand. Going to go give the kids some attention and play, did I mention dd is almost potty trained? About darn time, but she just won't number two on the potty yet? I don't know what to do. Sorry way TMI. Haha.... Check back later girls. I am and want to do some excercises but my body is fighting me. Maybe the kids and I will crank up the tunes and dance that should burn calories. Bye for now!
Old 01-13-2005, 10:35 PM   #85  

Good Night!
Old 01-13-2005, 10:37 PM   #86  
so close, yet so far...

Good night Julie...
Old 01-13-2005, 10:44 PM   #87  
so close, yet so far...

Well I did get my nails and pedicure done, that was a temporary respite from all this stress at work. I had to cut my nails way down too because they were getting to be a pain. I also got my teeth cleaned so they're all nice and polished up . Rick got home early today so we're gonna go grab a bite to eat somewhere. It seems like ages since we've gotten to eat dinner as a family so I'm grabbing this opportunity when I can. I made 30 goody bags for Michael's class tomorrow, only 27 students but I always make extra just in case. I'm sure teachers like to eat treats too--I know I would

Kempy, how's the weather holding up over there? Were you guys expecting a big storm or was it a surprise?

Julie, you did great at your BBQ, and you said no to the biscuits and brownie, good girl! Can't wait til tomorrow, TGIF! Oh yeah, Michael's swimming classes are free ones offered by the City Parks dept.

Angie girl hope you're doing great out there.

Everyone else, have a great evening.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:12 AM   #88  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!! Julie, I think we have your weather from a few days ago now. It is 47 and rainy out right now. The kids school was delayed an hour because we got snow yesterday and rain last night so now everything is icy. At least they didnt cancel it!!!!

I am still waiting on the rental price. Jay is going to call him today I think. The man who owns the building is the pharmacist in the town. He owns a few of the buildings. I was reading the menu from the restaurant across the street. They are the ones who started the Road Kill Cafe restaurants and then they became partners with a corporation and bought their way out of it and opened another restaurant. The last I knew the Road Kill restaurants were a franchise. Their menus are funny.

Kempy, HOLY COW!!!! I am glad you are all safe. What caused it a wind gust or tornado or what? Do you guys know? We have had some high winds but I have yet to chase my patio furniture down the street.

Julie, Great job on resisting the biscuits. I am so proud of you!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Noelle, Did you ever find out what to do about your employee? Is he okay. I hope you get some time to unwind this weekend. You deserve it.

Cal, Are you feeling any better yet?

Where is Cherie? Is she gone for the week? I feel so neglectful(is that a word? ) I havent been around as much as I should.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:09 AM   #89  

Good Morning

Angie you are right about something you should be here more! LOL We miss you. I know you are having a hard time right now but never ever give up on something you want! 47 degrees I wish!! Right now the actual temp is -4!! So I am sure that weather will be coming your way, sorry . Cherie said she could probally not check in this week. She was going to be really busy at work. "Road Kill Restaurant" what a funny name.

Noelle that is nice that the Parks offer it for free. I don't think our Parks system does that in the summer. I am glad you got some family time in. Thats great. I hope you relaxed and had fun.

Well I might do some excercising or cleaning now. I have to get moving it is so cold in here. The furnace is kicking in nonstop. Plus didn't sleep that well because dh has a cold and stop the world when a man gets sick . But really he is, he was coughing so bad at three in the morning he went to sleep on the couch. I might tell him to call the doctor. He always gets such an annoying cough, it sounds like he is screaming when he coughs. Okay I am mean , the poor guy is sick. You all know what I am trying to say though I am sure. Thank god I just heard the heat kick in again....brrrr....check back later girls. Hi everyone.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:00 PM   #90  

Hey girls how is it going? My day is going pretty good so far, I am OP as for keeping my carb count lower. My husband said they are suppose to be coming out with a whole grain bread that provides one hundred percent fiber and vitamins....I wonder what brand, I will have to ask him. Hopefully it won't taste like tree bark. I started taking my vitamins yesterday. I feel it would be a good idea if I am cutting out some carbs or trying to. Plus my face is so dry I thought that might help too. Anyone have any exciting plans for this weekend? None here yet. I am thinking about taking the kids to Chuckee Cheese or McDonalds playland. I am not sure yet. Or maybe a movie, something indoors. Well hi Angie, Noelle, Kempy, Summer, Cherie, Cal! TGIF.