Old 01-06-2005, 12:09 PM   #31  

Anyone here today, lol. Well I just my scale out from under my bed, it has been there since Thanksgiving. I am so down. I was at my goal weight before or around Thanksgiving. But I have gained eleven pounds. My eyes almost popped out. I knew I had gained but thought it was only about five pounds. I am going to have to get in gear now and get control or its only going to keep going up. I am just so confused if I should just cut out carbs or just do portion control. It is hard to eat low carb cooking family style meals. Anyway its time to kick myself in the butt and DO IT! Okay had to confess!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:01 PM   #32  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey guys. I am so stressed right now. We have an account that is a big oil company that we do 7 of their stores for donuts and whoopies. They are the ones that we made all the donuts for while we were on vacation so we didnt get them mad because we left them high and dry while we were gone. Well...Jay just went into the main one to get the donut count for the day and they have some frozen donuts that they just take out of the freezer and bake and glaze sitting in the case beside ours. I really think they are going to dump us and do frozen ones themselves. If I lose those accounts then I will be so out of business because that is most of my accounts(at least the big ones anyways) I am scared because we have way too many bills to make it on mill jobs.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:12 PM   #33  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys, I'm getting so PO'd at this darn computer. Keeps closing out my windows. Just wanted to jump in and say hello and hugs to all . Hang in there everybody. I'll post more later when I'm at home and my puter is not so kooky.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #34  

Hey guys. Sorry so late.

Cal I think it is a good idea that you get together with your neighbor. I agree with Julie that you family loves you for you but I also understand that you want to get healthy. That is the right way to look at things. My sugestion is to take things slowly. The number one reason people fall off the wagon I think is b/c they go all or nothing on some sort of plan. i don't know about you but I have to have some cheat time for myself. I know a year or so ago I logged eveything I ate into Fitday and I lost a ton of weight. But, I was all or nothing and I lost it one day. I try to give myself a relax day, not a cheat day b/c I will eat an entire bag of cookies if I did that. Having the ability to relax makes me feel more like a person. I hate always turning away from food b/c I am on a "diet". Let us know if there is any way that we can help you get through this. This goes for any of us. I know that this is a tought thing to do. Food is just way too good tasting sometimes.

Julie I seem to be feeling better these days. i really think it was b/c of my job. I just hated it so much I was sending myself into more of a depression. Thanks for asking. You sound like you worked your butt off yesterday. I havn't had a really down and dirty cleaning day like that in awhile. I have a lady that trades out with me and she will come clean every 2 weeks. I hate to say it but I am lazy.

Angie I will keep you in my prayers. Maybe this is going to be the things that will let you guys move. Do you still want to move? Are you guys getting any of that nasty weather? It is so strange down here b/c it is in the 70's. Isn't it January? I hope we at least get some sort of winter. I know I don't like the cold but I love being able to snuggle with Joe on cold nights. We don't have very many of them so I have to make the best of what we get.

Hey Noelle! By the way, I love your new pic too. If I didn't want a BMW so bad I would look into getting a Mustang. I have just wanted a beemer for so long I would kick myself in the butt if I went and got something else. I will just keep saving and hopefully have one soon.

Ok, Off to watch some tv. I have no idea what is on but I feel the need to veg. It is humid down here and it is draining my energy. Chat later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:26 PM   #35  

Angie I will also say a prayer for you and Jay. I really hope things work out and you do not lose that account. Hugs and prayers

Kempy I worked yesterday but it is hard to say my butt is still here with me ! I don't think it made it smaller, haha....I am glad you are out of your old job and don't have to deal with "boss man" anymore!! I can tell you are much happier now, and that is just great!!

Noelle I hope your computer problems get fixed. They are so much trouble sometimes, aren't they? Oh well we need them to talk .

Well hello everyone else, Cherie, Cal, Summer. I am feeling a little tired so I am going to try and get to bed by 11:00 tonight. I made a one dish taco supper tonight. It turned out good, I found the recipe on the back of a tomato sauce can....well actually I was browning hamburger and onions for chili and had the tomato sauce out and hubby saw the recipe and wanted that instead so I made it for him. The kids played in the snow this afternoon when it warmed up to twenty degrees, they had a blast. It is alot of work getting snow pants, boots, mittens, hats and all that good stuff on though . Well tomorrow is Friday, I am so happy. Dh gets up early everyday no matter what so Saturday I can sleep in, can you believe I am excited to sleep in !! Talk with you all tomorrow. Julie
Old 01-07-2005, 01:43 AM   #36  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, most of you are already in bed or should be! It's 8:30 pm and I'm winding down. Geez I missed you guys. I was busy at work today and didn't have the time to fool w/the computer as much. That sucked. Anyway, we went and looked at the 2005 Mustang last night. No no, I didn't do anything YET. Oh man, it's such a beautiful beast. Of course I want the Torch Red GT model (V8) w/the black and red leather interior. They just came out w/a convertible too...hmmm, choices, choices. Yeah right! Rick and I are going gaga over that car but I just know it just ain't big enough for us--we're big people and Michael would be cramped in that back seat. **phhhhttttt** Dayum, I can dream can't i?

Cal, having a buddy to be accountable to is great. I love the WW plan, i can give you info on the FlexPoints thang if you want. I totally know where you're coming from w/Ashley. I have the same fears--I think we all can relate to what you're saying. Don't be so hard on yourself though, I've met you and you're a beautiful person inside and out.

Kempy, stop giving me ideas! BMW waaaaay You can always buy one and write it off as a business expense, how 'bout it?

Angie, I think Kempy has a point. There's always a silver lining in every dark cloud. Who knows, maybe this is a blessing in disguise? Sending good thoughts for good things to happen.

Julie, I think that when all do get to meet you can be the menu planner--you always come up with some great sounding meals! Of course, when we actually do get to meet none of us are probably cooking anything--we're partying and going out to eat (and drink) I just read that the Crue will be in LV sometime toward the end of March, twice, but not when I'll be there, darn it. I just heard that there was trouble in the ranks already, something to do w/Vince Neil....hmmmm....

Anyway, my boy is refusing to go to bed so I have to go and wrangle him in. Good night ladies, chat tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #37  

Noelle that car sounds hot! I can see you cranking your tunes up and putting the top down and driving it! Yes a girl has to dream. Maybe your dream will come true someday . I know Vince got in trouble for saying the "F" word on Jay Leno live New Years party. ?? I think when we all meet up we will be skipping cooking and just relaxing and going out too.

Well sorry so short ds is calling me. Angie I hope your day is going better.

Cherie, are on plan yet. I screwed up again last night. Check back gotta run. Julie
Old 01-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #38  

Okay back again....not to much to report. I am salting everything I eat like a total freak! My ankles were swollen last night it hurt to walk. I am determined to get some sort of excercise in sometime today. Just because TOM will be here in a week or so does not me I get the week off. I have to get tough, but talk is cheap so I think I am going to go now and get my excercise in NOW! I will check back later to see if anyone was here !
Old 01-07-2005, 01:36 PM   #39  
so close, yet so far...

Happy FRIDAY girls . Oh boy, I have this darn PMS headache again. I am drinking a plain old Starbucks Verona black coffee this morning. No fancy lattes or mochas. Just trying to cut back on the fat and cals. Maybe this caffeine will do my headache some good. I'm feeling a little grumpy but that's normal. Not doing too badly as far as eating OP. I've been fighting some temptations though. It's hard when you live in a house with a number of people and there's all kinds of junk lying around. I've dropped a few pounds but I'm sure that was just water weight from all the overindulgences but a lower number on the scale is definitely encouraging! Now to add exercise to the mix...

Julie, put that salt shaker down! I have to tell you about my sister's MIL from NY who visited over Christmas. This lady is around 75 y.o., and she was diagnosed w/breast cancer about a year or so ago. She's recovering but she's still a little frail from the treatments and whatnot. We had them over for Christmas lunch and she salted her plate–her entire plate of food with what had to be like 1/4–1/2 tsp of salt! My mom was freaking out but just said to her, ‘boy you sure do like your salt'. I felt sorry for her though, I remembered my grandma whose taste buds were shot and when she'd cook she'd hold the Morton's salt container over the pot and just pour it in. Yikes!

Anyway, just rambling as usual. Hello to everyone else! Come out and post!!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:31 PM   #40  

Noelle good to see a post today , just kidding everyone I know you are busy out working! NOELLE, any loss is great, pat your self on the back, GO GIRL....I am not due for you know what for a week and all ready feeling the effects of the evil TOM. I did manage to get some cardio in this morning about 20 minutes and some sit ups with the kids hanging on me . I know I am crazy with salt sometimes, especially with pms, I even salt frozen pizza, crazy me!! Can you believe that? When I get my pms migraines I have a diet pop with caffeine or I will have tea or brew a pot of coffee. The caffeine really does help me anyway. Btw I am a little grumpy too, haha....poor dh just called me from work and I was kind of crabby. Now I feel bad. I might text him on his cell and say I luv ya! The poor guy does not deserve a wife who is a grouch to live with every month for 12-14 days . But he does get moody too, just won't admit it!!

Cal I forgot to ask you, how is your husband? Anymore seizures? That is really scary. I hope you are having a good week and he is okay.

Hi everyone!!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #41  

WOOHOO Girls I am at 900 for posts!! I must be alot! Well just had to add that in. Anyone have big plans for the weekend? We just may go to an ice rink and add some sledding. I think that would count as excercise!! But I hope it warms a bit it is only around ten degrees.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:58 PM   #42  

Hey guys. I finally made it here today.

I only had one client today but that is better than nothing. Now I am off for the weekend and Joe is home too. I think we are going to rent a few movies and veg. I love it when he feels like doing that. Then I don't feel like such a bum when I do it.

Noelle if you get that car I am coming out there. Did you test drive it? Girl where there is a will there is a way.

Julie I love salt too but I use that Tony's I sent you. I put it on pizza too. It is high in sodium too. But it tastes so darn good.

Angie are you ok today?

Cal how is that hubby doing today?
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #43  

Kempy I can't say enough about the Tony's seasoning. My dh puts it on everything. He just loves it. I do too. It was cute my dd tried some on chili and coughed a little, but she loves spicy things, like salsa and such. We used it last night on the casserole I made. He loves it on plain noodles with butter too. Now I am going to have to try it on pizza . Your weekend sounds nice, movies and a comfy couch!

Angie I hope you are doing okay today too.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:19 PM   #44  

Oh btw I did some more excercise so I figure almost close to an hour of cardio. I can't wait until these eleven pounds come off! I just feel so sluggish since I have put the pounds on since the holidays. I have to just watch my portions big time. I think we are going to have salmon tonight with potatoes, coleslaw, veggies and maybe rye bread. Well going to get going dh should be home soon. Got to pick this joint up!

Oh yeah Noelle did you test drive it? I love that new car smell. My brother just bought a new mercedes benz and I would love to fly out there and have him just take me for an all day ride and go to Napa and do some wine tasting. Maybe someday, my mom and I were talking about flying out there.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:37 PM   #45  
so close, yet so far...

Vroom Vrooom....hehe I'm dreaming of my pony again. No, no test drive yet as it was at night and I didn't want to get forced into the sales office to fill out paperwork. I'm waiting for my regular sales guy, he won't pressure me as much and will let me take it for a spin.

No real plans for the weekend but I do have a cousin from Guam in town. His National Guard unit was activated for Iraq or Afghanistan (I can't remember which) and he's on a little R&R in HI. We're having the usual BBQ and poker game, yea! Not. I'll be glad to see him though, it's been ages.

Hi Kempy. A veg weekend sounds great. I just rented Anchoman (Will Ferrell)--funny! and Collateral (Tom Cruise/Jaime Foxx) weird movie but good. Me and Rick have stayed up way past our bedtimes to watch DVD's but it's a great way to have some together time--better than the movie theater too, no need for fighting off the fatty, greasy buttered popcorn! Have fun snuggling.
**So, how do you pronounce Chachere anyway? Just wondering. Any way you say it, it's great stuff.

Julie, exercise queen--you go girl. I'd like to fly out to visit your brother and ride in his new Benz too . Those are sweet.

Cal, sorry I forgot to ask about Alberto. So the docs don't know what causes these seizures? That must be scary and difficult to deal with. At least they aren't happening frequently. Sending healing thoughts. Does your school have Martin Luther King Jr. day off?

Angie how are ya doing today girl?

Cherie, how's your Friday going? Payday right?

Well girls, I've got to get back to work...how fun.