Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 01:55 AM   #91  

Default My reaction to cat reacting to dremel.

Kiwi --How on EARTH did you have enough hands to hold cat, hold dremel, and click camera? What an image it all brings to mind. I bet you can juggle chickens, chain saws and lawn chairs at the same time!! In awe, am I.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #92  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi. yes it's all paid for. The Harvard one extends into the next school year for us. DS is right now camping in Tennesee. Single digit temps. I bought him a fortune in warm clothes and he took SOME OF THEm!

Heres's a quote from the current Time Magazine:

"People have tsk-tsked over last month's study in which women reported being happier having sex or watching TV than playing with their kids. But why shouldn't they? This how the market defines happines. Happiness is feeling good. Kids, those who exist outside ads, make you feel bad -- exhausted, frustrated, bored and poor. Then they move away and break your heart."

I'm heavily relating to that.

I got so sick of not having a decent hair dresser that I whacked it off myself a few minutes ago and it's much better. I can't do the back but th front is improved. I want GREY STREAKS. I can't find that there is such a thing. I had this mop dyed brown and now the roots and metallic and shinny and I want to blend to thema nd let them grow out.

p.s. DD musta done really good Kiwi. From what I read online it's the top one percent of the PSAt who get the invites.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:01 PM   #93  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
Kiwi --How on EARTH did you have enough hands to hold cat, hold dremel, and click camera?
Okay, I guess I must reveal my super-secret magic trick:http://www.baquit.blogger.com.br/cat.JPG Yeah, that's right, I searched online and found that picture. I should be so ashamed....

Wow, there must be something wrong with me. My kid doesn't make me feel bad (this year). I think it's a cyclical thing. Next year, your DS will be the golden son and my DD will put me in an insane asylum.

Kiwi
Old 01-16-2005, 02:24 PM   #94  
loves kleenex box art

kleewee will u please be on line when I look for on Aim?
Old 01-16-2005, 05:46 PM   #95  
Member w/ messiest house

ah'm on now, hunnachile.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:51 PM   #96  

A monte Christo isn't on anybody';s diet. I "only" ate half. I haven't had anything else today. why does gooey fatty stuff taste sooooo good to me. but I do like water, too.
I wish excell had a merge and check function that was automatic. I am now printing out one copy of a file to compare against the back up because xmas got me all mixed up.
Grrrr. And it isn't EVEN monday yet. I think I'll go see what dh is doing and/or knit. NO FOOD for me. I WANT TO BE THIN. Preferably tomorrow... but I WANT IT I WANT IT.
thank you all for putting up with me. I usually have my snits privately. this one is semi-private. (the only good think I have going for me IS my hair).... Hope yours settles in, Cowgirl.

Tomorrow, tomorrow... surely things won't be so frassing annoying tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:04 PM   #97  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, we here at Cows R Us enjoy a good public snit. Carry on.

Gotta go make dinner. So I'm not here anymore, Cowp.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:48 PM   #98  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi, you are a liar. I looked online in between those posts and you were not on.

I do like snits though.

When I was a kid, were were taught not to say **** as it was a bad word. We were to say The Other Place. You are going to The Other Place is perfectly clear. Two nights ago, DS's cell phone wouldn't work so I called customer service and got a foreign nation. The people were quite nice but difficult to understand. Those spoke English just fine but concepts were not coming across and, finally, when the problem was unearthed (Ds's payment had been applied to my phone) I was dismissed and transferred to the billing department. This time, the woman spoke English like a Yankee and I told her it was so nice to hear her voice. She said, "Oh, they sent you to The Other Place." Have I been so bad?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:51 PM   #99  
loves kleenex box art

I am trying to be more positive so here are some things I don't like:

1. Ads that say "if can't beat their price, we'll give it to you free." Idiots.

2. A book I picked up but didn't read because it was written in third person with a first person title. "How I ...."

3. Ads that say "less hormones." I want them to say "fewer hormones" whether it's correct or not.

4. The cancellation of that horrid show "The Will" without telling me who won the house.

5. Teenage stubbornhood that leads to cutting off one's nose to spite one's mom.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:15 PM   #100  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Kiwi, you are a liar.
That's not very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Have I been so bad?
Yes. You called your friend a liar who signed onto AIM at your request and waited for you. You're going to India.

I'm in favor of more lists of things you don't like, in the interests of taking a positive attitude. I'm annoyed by all those things too. Well, except for The Will. That looked like a piece of

Kiwi, "Fewer Filling, Tastes Great"
Old 01-17-2005, 06:46 PM   #101  

I'm thawing out from a freezing rainstorm we had here on Saturday. I was so housebound that I actually almost cleaned out the spare room. And that was my weekend. Except roads were clear enough by Sunday evening for DH to take me out for some Mexican food. Leslie and I walked 4 miles Sunday am and 4 more miles today. Lotta walkin', not getting anywhere fast.

I come back here to find Peaches squabbling w/ Kiwi. I do like the idea of listing things that you don't like. Tell me more.

These are some things that annoy me:

When you ask someone (DS) to take out the trash, etc. and they say "ok" very cheerily and then don't do it.

Books that aren't good enough to finish, and yet not bad enough to put down.

When you buy fast food and they forget to put in the special sauce for whatever. french fries/ketchup - chicken nuggets/sweet and sour sauce, salad/dressing. You never discover it until you've driven at least a mile away.

Waiters that interupt your conversation constantly to ask you "how is your meal?".

Waiters that never come around once they drop off your food.

When you're giving instructions to someone on the phone and after a five minute recitation of how to get to your place of business, they say "just a minute, let me grab a pen", then you have to start all over.

When ppl (DH) calls for messages and when you start to give them to him he says in an irritated voice "just a minute, I don't have anything to write with and I'm in traffic". Duh. Why did you ask for messages????

I'm sure I have more. Let me think.

Did anyone else ever read "A Fine Balance"? I really do think India might be That Other Place.

Painty, snit away, dear. It's what we're here for. If you can't have a snit here, where else?
Old 01-17-2005, 08:13 PM   #102  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
Waiters that interupt your conversation constantly to ask you "how is your meal?".

Waiters that never come around once they drop off your food.
Well, exactly. Why can't they just be good at their job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
When you're giving instructions to someone on the phone and after a five minute recitation of how to get to your place of business, they say "just a minute, let me grab a pen", then you have to start all over.
Not to mention when you call up a company to get directions or information and the person on the phone asks you if "you've got a pen" I always want to say, no, I have a pencil.

How about when DH asks you the same dumb question 4 times even though you've already answered it, so you get mad at him and he laughs at you.

Or when the seemingly competent salesclerk at the book asks you if you want a bag for your rather large book you just bought and you say Yes, and she puts it in a bag that is no more than 1/2" bigger than the book. What was the point of that?

There will be no pleasing me and that's final!!

Kiwi

P.S. Today's excellent George W. Bush quote (from my calendar of Bushisms):
"Do you have blacks, too?"
--To Brazilian president Fernando Cardoso, Wash., DC, 11/8/01
Old 01-18-2005, 01:29 AM   #103  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

How about when the basketball coach is one of those nicey,nicey types who is still cute at 45(but short...he never played b-ball) and who everyone thinks is WONDERFUL. BUT your kid is a better b-ball player than the coach's kid....so the coach refuses to put your kid into the game. THEN when your kid does get in and is cooking and everyone is cheering for him, the coach pulls him out after three minutes. THEN your kid says, "what the h*ll" for everyone in the place to hear completely taking the wind out of any argument that could be made on his behalf. aargh.

I posted today but it disappeared. I could put that on the list, too.

OH, one more thing. This nice/nasty coach has a baby from Korea. Any criticism against him is met with the remark, "but he's such a nice guy, he adopted a baby from Korea." The kids saw him shaking that baby the other day. No adults saw, just kids. Isn't that typical of that type. All nice when people are looking but shaking a baby when he thinks he can get away with it.

DD has gotten into all colleges but she hasn't heard from her first choice, yet. Everyone we know who has heard from them didn't get in, good. Rankings just came out and they got another tippy-top one, bad. They should get those AFTER she's accepted. One of the refused kids had better SAT's than DD(if the mother is telling the truth), but dd wrote a whale of an essay. Otherwise, the girl's grades were the same and she had the same number of AP credits. This is very anxiety producing.

Kiwi, she was never willing to go to any summer programs. Before her knee, she was too busy and after her knee, she wanted to enjoy what summer she had. Regardless, she's gotten into some very tough schools.

I'm going to bed.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:35 AM   #104  
loves kleenex box art

Everybody from New Jersey gets into tough schools. Look at the test scores. The cutoff for NJ on the PSAT is the highest in the nation.

I want to hear about the essay.

Things I don't like:

*tbd

Last edited by Cowpernia; 01-18-2005 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:30 PM   #105  
loves kleenex box art

Wabbitoes, do you use Word? How can I insert a graphic into a cell of a table? It's driving the further nuts.

More things I don't like:

* People who don't say thank you or write thank you notes.

* Teenagers who take me for granted.

* That TV show where they keep performing autopsies.

* Celebrity-marriage-breakup news stories.

* Hearing that the PRESIDENT intends to invade Iran.

The Florida scouts went to Tennessee to camp and returned in agreement that snow is overrated. Froze their toesies and fingersies. Personally I know one whose mom bought him tons of warm clothes but he chose to leave some home.
Closed Thread