Old 01-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #121  

Hi to all everyone is doing great....
Skinny butt I know just how you feel I did the same thing before Christmas gain 10 lbs and and could not stop eating then Jan 1 /05 came and I said thats it no more sweets for me and guess what I havnt had any thing ... and I have tried I think every diet in the books been dieting off and on I think all my life so now I am not dieting any more I just try to eating healthy and walking lots I think it is working before Christmas I was 175 lbs now 180 I only count calories stay to stay at 12 00 and no suger ....I have 10 more lbs to lose for the V day stay healthy Jean
grandma57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:38 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!

Welcome, Selina! You're doing a great job! I love your motivation and dedication. And I'm with you... I rather measure than get on the scale. At least, when I measure I see the efforts of my exercise. And I love to exercise. So keep up the great work and you will lose your inches and get to your goal. Glad you could join us.

Jean, I like your idea of no sweets. I'm doing that, too, and I feel better for it. Good luck this week.

Bonnie, I hope your back feels better for your trip. Life always seems to throw us a curve, when we least expect it. I'll be sending you good thoughts that you will be fine for your vacation.

Skinny, great job on your exercise, water and eating. And now pilates!
Very inspiring!

Kandice, wow, I'm impressed... taking dancing lessons for your wedding. How wonderful! You guys are going to look great!

Well, I'm off to my gym. I just love that place. Everyday I try to do a little more than the day before... just a little challenge for myself to make me stronger. Right now the elliptical is the hardest for me. I can only do a few minutes and my goal is to do it for a 1/2 hour like I do the treadmill and weight machines.
Let's all continue the great work!
Hugs,
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:51 PM   #123  

I joined today, but I'm up for the challenge.

Let's see I'd like to be at 218 by 2/14. Have already lost 3 lbs since I started on 1/2/04

Last edited by chocolatecatz; 01-19-2005 at 05:04 PM.
chocolatecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #124  

welcome Selina! You sound so enthusaistic (sp?) and motivated- I have no doubt you'll get to your goal!
I've done the visualization- look at it everyday... my red size 8 dress, hanging on the front of my closet. And my first bikini I've ever bought for the honeymoon that's on the back of the bedroom door. It does work...

I got the undies and tshirt today- can't wait to try them on! They didn't have Adult sizes in the undies- just juniors, and it said for waist size 30" get XL and 28" get L... I have a 29" waist right now- but still bought the Jr. XL 'cause of my bum
The tshirt I bought in Adult Med- I wear a large right now- so I'm hoping it'll look good- not too tight, but not hanging off me either... I'll let you know tomorrow how everything fits! and if I'm going back on phase 1 for 44 days
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #125  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome, Juitsy, Selina, and Chocolatecatz!! The people on this forum are super friendly.

Thanks for being so supportive, I really appreciate it.

Kandice, what's phase 1?

Hey, I got a job today!!! Casual, but fulltime for the first while for orientation, I'm so excited. Should also help for weightloss, more movin gand less eating time

Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:49 PM   #126  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Bonnie, go have a soak in the tub with a good book, nothing passes time faster than that for me.

I am such an emotional eater, I'm thinking of buying Dr. Phil's book, cause I think he addresses that. Anyone read it

Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:46 AM   #127  

Welcome Chocolatecatz- you must have been posting the same time as me last night because I didn't see you post before. Check back in- tell us how you're doing it! (and your progress!)

Bonnie- I was going to suggest a book too- I usually get so engrossed in a book I forget what time it is!

Congrats Diana on the job! when do you start? Phase 1 of my Low carb is up to 20 grams of total carbs a day... supposed to stay on that no more than 2 weeks and then move to phase 2- 40-60 total carb grams a day... Phase 1 makes me lose a lot of weight... that's how I lost the 5 lbs after coming back from Maine.
I wanted to read the Dr. Phil book too- but haven't... I guess I'm waiting to win the posting reward that the 3FCs are doing... I'm so cheap!

And BTW- the tshirt fits very well. I had to show Chris- I can't keep anything a secret- but I'm keeping the undies a secret from him though. they fit- I'm a little disappointed I thought the writing was on the front side but it's on the back- So I'll have I LOVE CHRIS across my bum... oh well... everything was exactly what I wanted...
Old 01-20-2005, 09:31 AM   #128  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Thank all of you for such a warm welcome. I truly feel support just streaming at me from my computer screen! Yay! Can't wait to be able to keep up with you all enough to respond to each of you in my posts! I love that. :-D

So far so good for me. Still doing about 5 miles a day right now. I'm at over 90 miles for Jan. But just so you know, this is the entire day, not just exercise. I move alot. I stay pretty darn busy. LOL

Please post often. I love reading your thoughts and goals.
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:27 AM   #129  

Good morning all!
Welcome to all the newbies! I am really a newbie myself. I just started posting a couple of days ago, but I am determined to meet my Valentine's goal. Great to have you here. My name is Amy and I am trying to lose about 50 pounds.

Kandice-your undies and shirt sound so cute! He's going to love them.

Selina-I wish I could get rid of my scale. I think I'm more addicted to it than to food, lol!! I weigh myself too often. In fact, today my scale says that I GAINED a pound. I am so bummed. I have been meeting my goals and exercising every day. I HAVE been working with weights so I am hoping that it is just a pound of muscle or something. I can tell that I've lost weight around the middle (my real problem area). My pants are fitting much better.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Amy

SW: 192
CW: 188 (189????)
GW: 140
busymom2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:44 AM   #130  

Good Morning, Everyone!

It's Thursday already?! Man, the days are flying by! I'm so proud of me that yesterday I did three minutes on the elliptical. It sounds like nothing, but I could hardly do one minute in the beginning. I need my leg muscles to get stronger. I'm fine with the other weight machines and treadmill. The weather is really nice now in Las Vegas, so I'm gonna start getting outside more in the early morning, too, for my walk. The weather is around 65 degrees. Just beautiful.

Welcome, chocolatekatz! Glad you found us and could join us. Congratulations to you for losing 3 lbs.! Are you counting calories? What is your eating plan and what exercises are you doing? Don't forget to drink your eight glasses of water each day, too. We're rooting for you!

Bonnie, hang in there. I know how pain can makes you want to eat. I've hurt my foot a few years ago while exercising and couldn't do the regular exercises I was used to, and was so disappointed in myself, that I started hobbling to the refrigerator to relieve my stress. Not good. Food somehow comforts us when in pain, but we have to distract ourselves with new behaviors. (Easy to say, and hard to do.) I'm so glad you're getting back to eating right. And yes, cereal makes me hungrier! Take care of your back now and you will be able to exercise later. I wish you well.

Amy, I hide my scale, so I only face it once a week. It's hard to stay motivated when those numbers go the wrong way. (And my numbers discourage me a lot.) But if you're eating right and exercising, the pounds will come off! Good luck to you!

Dew, congrats to you on your new job! What is it that you are doing? How do you like it so far?

Selina, 5 miles a day?! Wow, that's great! Do you walk or run? Whatever you're doing, keep up the great work!

Kandice, thank you for reminding me to visualize. I think that's a great idea. I have a few size 8 dresses in my closet from the old days, which I want to wear again. Maybe I should stare at those for a while. Oh, only to get back there again! Your panties sound cute!

Flora, Cole, Sweet Pea, where are you?

Take care all.
Hugs,
Dena
Old 01-20-2005, 12:02 PM   #131  

Default Good morning, ladies

Hope everyone is doing well. Things here are good. I was op yesterday, did 30 minute pilates and met water goals. yeah! I'm having a good relationship w/my scale today. I bought a new digital one yesterday and, of course, I had to try it out. I've lost another pound! Woo-Hoo. I won't count it as official until Monday, though. Maybe more will be gone by then!

Kandice-I'm so glad your tee and panties fit! I don't know if I'd have been able to keep the tee a secret either! The dance you have planned sounds lovely (lovely-such a nice word-wonder why it isn't used more often. But, I digress). I'm sure the two of you will be the picture of happiness. Also, thanks for reminding me to visualize. Time to get that little black dress out of the closet and put it where I can see it!

Selina-welcome, welcome, welcome! So glad to have you. You're at the right place for positive pick me ups. I am ready for ONEDERLAND as well. You and I are in very similar places ie: what we weigh and what we want to lose. I'm cheering for you!

Jean-I limit my sweets very much-special occasions, etc. This is a big deal for me. Sweets were my biggest down fall. When I do get the craving, dessert is always a WW recipe so, even though it's sweet, it's better for me than what I used to eat. I also feel better when I limit my sweets. Keep up the good work.

Chocolatecatz-Welcome, welcome, welcome. So glad to have you. You sound like you're already doing well. You'll certainly find lots of encouragement and good advise here. Keep up the good work.

Bonnie-sigh-I'm w/you, friend. I am a very emotional eater. I'm finding ways to avoid emotional eating, though. When I want to eat, I read, do something w/my hands (I like to cross stitch), clean (my house is nearly spotless ) or just ask myself questions that are personal to me like-what is the truth of this sitch? Is food going to help the sitch or make it worse? Also, do you snack throughout the day? I've found that if I have a healthy snack around 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. it helps me continue to stay full and I don't do so much emotional eating. Hang in there. Hope your back is better soon.

Dianna-How's it going? Be sure to fill us in on your job.

Amy-Like Bonnie said-I wouldn't worry too much about the pound. You'll have that gone right off there before you know it. I usually only weigh once a week b/c it's too discouraging to weigh more than that. Our weight is effected by so many things it's just easier for me to weigh in on Mondays and forget about it the rest of the week. You hang in there! You can do it!

Dena-Congrats on doing the elliptical! Good for you! Before you know it, you'll be doing thirty minutes and not even blink. I'll be glad when it warms up here in KY as well. Although I like the Y, I prefer walking outside. I also only weigh once a week-except this week-as I mentioned above-had to check out the new scales!

Have a great health day. Be kind to yourself!
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:34 PM   #132  

Bonnie-I'm a little over 5'8" and consider myself to be large boned. At my very skinniest (which was toooo skinny and I'll never do again) I weighed 140 lbs and wore a 8 1/4 size ring. So, I inherited my dad's big frame. But that's okay. I can live w/that as long as I'm at a healthy weight which is where I'm heading right now! The weight at which I felt my best was around 160-170 so I'm working towards 180 and will regroup from there.

Isn't Laura Bush one of the most gracious, kindest women in the public eye? I really like her. Watch some inaugaration for me! Oh, yeah for you for watching instead of eating!!
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 02:50 PM   #133  

Selina- 5 miles a day is great! perhaps I should move my refrigerator next door seriously- that's really good- keep it up! I have an office job and I sit right here all day- a few trips to the restroom because of the water, but that's it... and at night, I'm too mentally exhausted to do anything... I take out my contacts and sit and watch TV.

Amy- if you're pants are fitting better that's a great sign! we're at about the same weight- have you lost a size yet? I can wear 13/14s now... (down from 16/18s) it feels great!

Bonnie- congrats about starting right back up again- and not letting the one bad day get to you! Weird that raleigh and east coast has had snow and we still haven't had any snow this winter yet in the foothills! I saw snow flurries Sunday night driving back from P. Mountain but nothing that amounted to anything.

Dena- the 3 minutes up for 1 minute is a wonderful Non scale! are you shooting for a specific time? like this week I'll make it to 5 mins? next week 10? I've never done an elliptical before.

I'm 5'10 and a medium frame I'd say... what is it- if you can wrap your thumb and index finger around your wrist? I've always been bottom heavy though. I wear a size 6 ring- I saw skinny had posted her ring size. 155 was in the healthy range for my height- medically recommended is between 132 - 174 lbs (19-25 bmi) so that's the goal.... I started with a 29.3 BMI (overweight/obese) and want to be 22.3 (healthy/ overweight). I like this site pretty good- they have a few different calculations. http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

exercised today too... glad I did- I gossiped the whole time found out that someone that joined our church last sunday, he brought his fiancee to church last night, anyways- his divorce isn't final yet... but he's got a fiancee hummm
not nice to gossip I know...

have a great night everyone!
Old 01-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #134  

Hi there well I am med. bone I think and I just cheked the chart and I should be 150 I like that I am 5'5" so 30 more lbs Jean
grandma57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:21 PM   #135  

I'm 5'5. I'm not sure if I'm small or medium framed. I'm about 146 lbs. now and would be happy to get back down to 132-134, where I was a few years ago. In any event, size 8 is what I'm shooting for (down from size 16.) Needless to say, I've had a few ups and downs in my life.

Kandice, my goal is to stay on the elliptical for 1/2 hour. I can do that fine with the treadmill. I also spend 30 minutes with other weight machines at the gym. When I was at my lower weight I could stay on the elliptical for an hour!

Skinny, I watch the gals at the gym do pilates and i think of you. That still seems too hard for me to do. Kudos to you for accompishing that one. I'm actually afraid to try it. I don't want to look like a klutz.

Off to the gym I go~~~~
Hugs,
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 01-20-2005 at 05:28 PM.