Old 01-06-2005, 01:37 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!

Well, I'm getting back into my exercise routine and I love it. Yesterday I walked 1/2 hour in the morning, 45 minutes at lunch and did a video called "Body Flex." (It's sort of like pilates.) I also had about 1300 cals (no starchy foods) and drank 10 glasses of water. Now we're talking! Those inches better disappear!

Kandice, I love your picture! Is that you in the white sweater? Wow!! You're doing a great job! You look super! Your exercises at Curves inspires me! What a beautiful bride to be!

Bonnie, congrats on losing your two pounds. Have a wonderful trip!!

Sweet, I love your idea of watching movies while being on the treadmill. Then continuing part 2 the next day. Smart idea! I usually listen to music and tread to the beat. Somehow I get lost in the music and think I'm dancing instead of treading. I like to reward myself, too. I'm thinking of a pedicure at the end of this week. It's time.

Diana, how are you doing? Are you counting cals or doing any specific food plan? Glad you are back with us.

Dollar, welome. You will get back to your goal!. You've done it before, so I know you can do it again. Having a goal like going to Quebec is great motivation. Good luck to you!

OK, guys, we're on a roll now. Let's keep up the great work!

Hugs,
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:47 PM   #32  

dena- yup that's me in the white sweater. 10 glasses of water will definitely make them disappear! I'm strict about my 8 glasses- even found a jug at walmart with 64 ounces designed all about water- this is how much you're need to drink at least... blah blah blah.

bonnie- have fun in NC! we're going to W-S tomorrow to go dancing for the night.

sweetpea- I borrow movies from the library too and Chris laughs at me- thought I was the only one. They usually have some pretty good movies- a few years old, but who cares!

still waiting to get my picture up- a coworker is working on it while he's trying to close month-end/ year end.. hehehehe
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #33  

Good afternoon,

It sounds as if everyone is motivated and ready to lose.

I have a question about water consumption. I have about 6 cups a tea a day--most of it herbal. I drink it plain with no sugar or milk. I’ve been counting this as part of my water intake for the day. I assume this is okay, but I just thought I’d ask if the rest of you do this, or if you only count “pure” water.

Kandice, thanks for sharing the picture. You look great!

Have to get back to work now.
Florafae
Florafae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 170/153/135

Hello, Ladies. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Work has been crazy, no time to post! I am heading over to the gym after work to sign up for a membership. I have been trying to walk after work, but it is impossible to fight with the daylight, I never win. So, I am just going to suck it up and join the gym. That way, I can go before and after work, with no excuses!

Kandice-I am also upset that Moe left, he really did need that treadmill, but I am sure he will get some sort of endorsement deal from the show. I am so inspired by all of them, although they did have a lot of help and a completely controlled environment. I wish I could go away for 6 months and get skinny, but I just have to accept that this is a slow process. I am just too impatient! I love your pic-you and your friends look like you were having a great time, there is nothing better than good friends. I am sure they are so proud of your weight loss! You will make a beautiful bride.

skinny butt- I have been doing pretty good with my points, I know that WW is the best diet for me, it has already worked once, but I gained it back- sigh! We will do this the right way this time and keep it off!!!

K, girlies gotta run to the gym to let this sales guy talk me into a membership! I know that I need to do it, so I will! Welcome to any new people, I know that this group will help us all to reach our goals. Everyone have a great nite. Stay healthy! XOXO~Nicole
Cole63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:23 PM   #35  

Hi ladies
I have had a good day today stayed OP agian. The water issue tea is ok as long as it is decaf for every glass of non decaf tea or coffee you need to have I glass of water. Pretty much all I drink is water or green tea. So much so I had to increase my water because my body got use to the amount I was drinking so I now drink anywhere from 10-16 glass a day but I sure know when I haven't met my range in water my body lets me know. I didn't get to the gym today due to our lovely winter storm but I should make it there tomorrow night. Have a good evening everyone.
dollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:56 PM   #36  

Hi Ladies~

I had a good day, too. Folks here in southern Ohio are looking over Arc plans as we are having major flooding! So, I had to stay indoors and walk the treadmill today again, but watched the first half of NOTORIOUS with Cary Grant (yes, library movies - old movies, but I love to look at the clothes and sets!)

As for the water/tea question...my daily FLUID goal is 1 gallon (or 4 quarts or 16 cups or 128 oz). I make sure that no less than HALF is of water (64oz or better). The rest I make up in 1 quart of green tea and 1 quart of other flavored teas or flavored water (no sugar). I am cutting out caffiene and carbonated beverages...more as an experiment. I haven't had too much trouble getting in my fluids as I have a rule that if I get the hungries or think about food, I grab a fluid and nurse that until the feeling goes away. The hard part is when I am running errands....I am learning where all the CLEAN public restrooms are in my town!!! lol

SInce I stayed OP today, I am giving myself a mini reward. I am going to bed EARLY (10pm is early for me) and starting a new book.

High Fives to Everyone!!

Sweetpea
Oh,sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:16 AM   #37  

Good morning!

Cole- did you sign up at the gym?

Sweetpea- that sounds like a good reward! Mine is a bubble bath and a book. The boys are good about it too they know when I’m in the bath- that’s my time. Chris takes care of everything.

May have to “down” by V-Day goal. I weighed last night at Curves and I was down to 179. I knew I weighed less. I brought Carrie over- a trainer the same age as me and she’s getting married in the same chapel we are later on this summer. She’s great.
So anyways, if this stays off this weekend then I’ll have 5 weeks to lose 4 lbs. I think what happened is I jump started my metabolism again. Last week I ate and ate and ate and then this week I’m doing Phase 1 of the diet. When I first started the diet I think I lost 5 lbs that first week too. They said that would happen, when you’re at your peak, you can eat all month and only diet strict for 2-3 days out of the month to maintain.

Flora- I think you and me talked about my stepmom on the Christmas post. She was good at Christmas. I got all Large shirts except for a PJ set- XL and she said she bought that before I told her the smaller size. They had French toast one morning and she made me eggs- without being asked- and she stressed while we were growing up that she wasn’t a short order cook- you ate what she made. When we got “home” and hugged hello- she said “you really are getting smaller!” the rest of the visit was good too with her. She even got me my dannon carb control yogurt that I have every day.

Wondering if this happens to anyone else- people that “don’t believe” in them. That you can keep off the weight and everything. I hate getting comments like “are you doing this just for the wedding?” Are you going to keep it off? Things like that… YES! I needed to lose weight for a long time but obviously the wedding is a huge motivator- what bride doesn’t want to look beautiful on her wedding day?! But yes yes yes- this weight is staying off- never to gain it back again. That and I’ve spent too much on smaller clothes already not to wear them for longer than I have

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-07-2005, 09:18 AM   #38  

oh and if I updated my ticker- I will on Jan 27th- official weigh in day- I would be 1/2 way to goal! YAY! 25 lbs lost- 24 more to go!

Last edited by KandiceA; 01-07-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #39  

Default Yea Kandice!

Yes, I understand about the struggle with relatives/friends being understanding. As far as explanations....I think you explained it very well in your message! Sound like all good reasons to me! Mostly I get "growls" from people who need to lose weight, but haven't the muster to do it. It's like I am making then feel weak about their problem when I am strong and doing something about mine. As we all know...we can't make someone face up to their problem, whatever the addiction may be (ours just happens to be food!). They have to find it in themselves on their own to make a lifelong change, THEN we can influence them by being supportive, etc. We ALL here had to dig deep within ourself and do that. My sister, for the first time in her life, weighs more than me. I know it bothers her to be around me when I am in "diet mode" because she hasn't found it in herself to do anything about her problem. I can't get her to that point either. BUT I can't feel guilty for her either. I have to take care of me. If what I am doing, being strong and taking care of my health, inspires her, then that is all I can hope for and I have to just focus on myself. Whew, glad I got that off my chest!

Have a great day, everyone.
Sweetpea
Old 01-07-2005, 10:37 AM   #40  

Default I was wondering...

Dena, Could you tell us more about the body flex video. Although I am walking and strength training, my main focus on the physical part of my plan is to increase my flexibilty and balance. At 43, I see those things really becoming a problem. Activities that require a lot of balance, such as skating, skiiing, kayaking....all of which I used to be pretty good at... I have noticed I am having trouble with them. Plus, my posture is getting bad, especially when I am tired, and my flexibilty has diminished. Pilates seems to focus on strengthening the innor core by contracting muscles. I guess I am looking for something to stretch them. Any hints from the rest of the gang??

Thanks!
Sweetpea
Old 01-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #41  

sweetpea- it was in the christmas challenge that I was talking about my stepmom- she tried everything and always loses and then gain all + back. She hadn't been supportive and was comparing my success to her history. Dreaded seeing her at Christmas and her making a comment or not accepting my loss (buying me "fat clothes" still). You said it exactly right! I wish my stepmom would see what I'm doing and inspire her- I've even brought "home" a guestpass from Curves and asked her to go, but she was "too busy". 30 minutes out of your life a day (2% of your day!)- you at least owe it to yourself. But I can't make her see it- she's gotta want it.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:29 AM   #42  

sweetpea- are you near lima, oh? they had a picture on the front page of our paper today about the ice storm. all the trees hanging down with ice. I was in Maine in 1998 during our ice storm up there. 11 days without power and the HS turned into the the Red Cross shelter- showering with strangers, was not fun.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #43  

Good afternoon to all of you.

Dollar and Sweetpea, thanks for the feedback on the water/tea issue. I appreciate it.

Kandice, I’m glad things went relatively (pun intended) well with your stepmother during your visit. I’ve been wondering how things turned out and was hoping you’d mention it. I think it says a lot that she fixed you eggs without asking. If she were in full sabotage mode, she would have made a big deal about it.

Regarding relatives and friends and negative vibes about our weight loss, there was an interesting article on weight loss in Parade Magazine last Sunday. Did anyone else read it? The gist of it was that losing weight has as much to do with the brain, as it does with the stomach. It talked a lot about the importance of positive affirmations and positive images in attaining and maintaining weight loss. For example, visualizing one’s self as a thin person and saying things like, “I am in control of my eating” can improve the outcome of a weight loss program.

I’m giving it a try. I’ve created an image in my mind of how I will look in a pair of jeans when I’ve reached my goal weight. I’ve also started saying little positive mantras throughout the day. I figure it can’t hurt, and it just might help.

Thinking good thoughts,
Florafae
Florafae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:06 PM   #44  

Wow, is this place jumping. I love it! Everyone is so motivated. Cheers for us!!

Yesterday I walked for an hour and did my Body Flex tape. I drank my 10 glasses of water and ate right, too. I'm so happy I'm doing the right things.

Sweet Pea, you asked about my Body Flex tape. It's a combination of breathing while tightening your muscles. It's great for the circulation, breathing, strenthening muscles, flexibility and stamina. I know it works because I did it religiously for a year, and I lost many inches. And it only takes 15-20 minutes. But somehow life got in the way, and I stopped, and I when I started up again a few days ago, I was surprised to see how pathetic I am these days. My flexibility and stamina really need help. What an eye opener! By the way, SP, I like looking at old movies, too. I love looking at the costumes and decor. Of couse, I just love movies in general. And before I finally got cable, I went to the library for my videos, too.

Kandice, I'm glad your step-mother is trying. I can relate to your situation. My mother tries to sabbatage my success with lots of temptations and then watches every thing I do. She doesn't try to make things easier, always harder, and somehow gets satisfaction when I fail. No compliments when I look good, but lots of comments when I gain. (She has lost weight with my help, so you'd think she'd be understanding, but my hubby thinks she doesn't want me to succeed.) Just thinking about the situation is very irritating. I can't seem to win either way. I just hsve to believe I can do this! With God's help and the support of our little group, I will reach my goal!

Flora, I like the idea of visualization. I definitely know that I dress and act differently when I'm looking good. I'm a lot more outgoing and fun, too.

dollar, you're doing a great job. Keep up the great work! It's snowing here fabulous in Las Vegas, too. What a crazy winter. It hardly ever snows here.

Cole, I think it's great that you are joining a gym. I know I do better at a gym. It's good to have a regular schedule and routine. And you get tons of motivation from watching all the other people work out.

Like I said, it's snowing here today, so I'm freezing. Not used to this cold weather. Can't wait for Spring. Hope to be looking great in my new shorts!

Have a great day, everyone!
Hugs,
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 01-07-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:50 AM   #45  

Bonnie,
Great to see you back! I'm glad your trip went well. Sounds like you had a great time, and that what life is all about. Sorry about your sister's pain. But congrats to you for your wonderful Christmas present!
Hugs,
Dena