Old 01-20-2005, 09:59 PM   #136  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Kandice, you're just too funny!!!!

Dena, you tripled your endurance, way to go

I'm 5'2" and medium boned. Medically I should weigh 137 or so, but I'd be happy at 147. I carry a ton of weight around by tummy and chest. I have a problem that if jeans fit my *** then they are way to tight on my tummy. My sister has the opposite problem, if jeans fit her *** they are way to loose on her tummy. If only our genetics had evened out a bit more.

As for my job, I'm an RN and will work in the hospital. Monday I'll find out when I start.

Happy Apprentice and ER oh and CSI for those who watch. I always bike in the evening while I watch my shows. Did anyone watch SuperNanny? Nasty kids, scares me half to death.

Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:40 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hey, hey, hey I did four minutes on the elliptical today!! Plus my usual 30 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the weight machines. Tonite hubby and I went for our evening walk. The weather is finally tolerable at night. It was pretty cold there for a while. It's amazing to see all our neighbors out there, too. I guess we had enough of staying indoors at night.
My computer is acting funny, so I better go.
Hugs,
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:17 AM   #138  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Smile Wow! Everyone is doing so well! :D

Hey peeps! I read all the new posts.. lol. I don't have the memory that you all do! I want to address each of you and I go blank when I start typing my post.

Ok, let me think. There was the cereal question. I have found that eating cereal in the morning is ok for me, but I let myself eat some throughout the day as well, to keep hunger at bay. I carry a bag with me in my car so I'm not tempted to stop for fries. If I get too hungry, I'm done for. So I have found that eating a fruit and a cup of cereal for snacks does me good. Sweets are my downfall too. I have to be very careful.

Oh and about my five miles a day.. yes, I walk/jog that in a day, sometimes more. But that's not just when I am exercising. It's from the time I get up til I go to bed. I wear a pedometer. So I don't really know exactly how many I do while I'm jogging. I think about 2+ miles in the 30 mins of jogging. The rest, I do all day.

I truly do park furthest from the door at a store (even if it's midnight and I just have to pick something up quick), and I have even walked around my kitchen table while folding clothes there. Just pick up a shirt, fold while walking around once, and then do it again. Y'all probably think I'm crazy, but with five small kids, you have to be creative! I usually jog in place while watching TV too. I even put the box for storing my Christmas ornaments across my living room so that each one I took off my tree and wrapped, I had to walk over there to put it in the box, and walk back over to the tree. I hit my 15K no problem that day, I think I cleared 20K. I've done that about 3 times this month I think.

I also want to say this. I am probably more fit now than I have ever been in my whole life, including childhood. I can do more now than ever b4. The gradual addition of a little more intensity, a little longer walk, a little jogging added in, slowly, have brought up my level of fitness so much in the last seven months. It's so weird. But good.

The smallest weight I have ever been at as an adult was 179. That was in 1996. I was about 22 years old. And I stayed at that weight all of 3 months. Uphill from there, sadly. That's what happens when we marry! LOL. He and I both gained! That is why my first goal is 178. I want to hit my smallest ever first.. then go from there. Another weird thing? I'm fitter now than I was 40 lbs. lighter at 179. No way I could have jogged much at all back then. I did walk several miles at a time then tho. Either way, I'm very happy that it's paying off.

And see? I can't remember who wrote what in all the posts! Dang it! Ok, I'll work on that.
Thanks again for the cheers of support. You all are helping me alot. I want to get thru this plateau and move on!

Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by Soon2BFitChick; 01-21-2005 at 09:19 AM.
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:41 AM   #139  

Good morning ladies!

Okay, I have a very serious question for you! I am calorie counting (and fat % counting). Now, if I stay under my calorie count for the day AND my fat count, does it matter what I have eaten? I ask because yesterday I broke down and had a Charleston Chew. However, when the day was said and done, I had only eaten 1197 calories (even though I am shooting for 1500 a day), 18% of which came from fat (I am trying to stay at 20-25%). So, did I stay OP or not? Technically it is easily within my goal for the day, but I feel like I cheated horribly and shouldn't count it. So, if sweets are a part of my calories, but I don't go over the calorie count, is that still okay? If it IS okay to have a little bit of sweets, as long as I don't go overboard, I can actually see how I might be able to stick to this plan long-term. I don't know if I can go without sweets forever. Sigh. It can sure be frustrating, can't it.

On a positive note, that darn extra pound I had yesterday has melted away from my scale this morning (I weigh in unofficially each morning first thing, and on Monday morning officially). Maybe it was just some water weight or something.

Hope you all are doing well. Chiming in on the cereal discussion...I find that if I have cold cereal for breakfast that I get hungry very quickly. I eat a wheat bagel with a little bit of jam on it for breakfast instead. It keeps me feeling full for hours.

Cheers and may we all lose more fat today!!

Amy
busymom2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:55 AM   #140  

Diana- I watch apprentice- I like how he split them up this season... the college grads failed miserably last night though! and the guy that's a marketing tech! (the hippy sing songy one) I hope he does better in his real life!

it's fun because Chris only has a HS.. he went through basic law enforcement at the college to become a policeman (in his old life), but he doesn't have a college degree. I have my MBA and fairly established I think- I'm an accountant... so of course we picked sides at the very beginning. All in the name of fun.

Dena- 4 mins! YAY! 5 today?

selina- oh selina, don't say that "that's what happens when we marry..." sigh... I do think that's what happened to me though. In May 2003 I was 173 at the dr's, May 2003 we moved in together and June 2004 I was 204! and moving down south too, where most of the traditions (that I've experienced anyways) involve "Mom's" home cooking, biscuits and gravy for every meal- breakfast, or as a side for dinner, sweet tea...and before March 2003 I was single and eating when I wanted to, and now I cook dinner- that's a big change too...

This is about my average weight now- the lowest I've worn in jeans that I can remember is a size 12 in 1998 when I was a senior in highschool and delivering papers in the morning to get some extra money. I walked a little over 3 miles in my loop every day.

I would love to be my lowest at the wedding- I set a goal of 175 because I thought that was attainable but if I can make it to 173 and weigh the same as I did 2 years ago- that would be the best!!

We're taking a co-worker out to eat for his birthday so send happy thoughts to me that I can choose a healthy meal and not be tempted. and I'll go to Curves for #15 after work.

Have a great day!
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:57 AM   #141  

Amy- if you were under in both categories, I would think you stayed OP for the day, even with the sweets.

congrats!
Old 01-21-2005, 12:11 PM   #142  

Good Morning, Everyone!

I love the energy everyone has. It's so motivating!

Selina, we don't all have perfect memories. We just scroll down and read what was said before. I even have to write names down to remember who did what, but that's my problem. We're just happy you're here with us and doing so well. I love your keeping busy and walking around attitude. I, too, park far away from the store in the parking lot, (but that's mostly because I don't like to park near anyone else, who can bang into my car.) Good excuse for walking, though.

Amy, some us are trying to stay away from sweets, because they cause some of us to want to overeat. But if you can control the situation, and count it in your calories, no problem. Last night I had a cup of popcorn and it was within my calories. It's not sweet, but a snack I don't usually eat. It's all about control and moderation. You're doing absolutely great!

Kandice, I'm sending you good thoughts, so when you go out to lunch you'll be fine. I know you will order the right thing. I'll be the little angel on your shoulder watching you.

Well, it's another gorgeous day here in Las Vegas. It should hit 70 degrees today, so I better get out there for my morning walk. I do love all that sunshine. Enough with winter. And I plan on doing my 5 minutes on the elliptical later at the gym. Wish me luck, ladies. Kandice, I took my little size 8 dress out of the closet and put it where I can see it. Talk about motivation. We shall get there!

Have a great day, everyone.
Hugs,
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 01-21-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:28 PM   #143  

Default Hello, my friends!

Sounds like veryone is doing well. Things here are good. I was op-even w/some LF cookies-walked 3 miles and met water goals. That's 20 miles for the week and 60 miles for the month. Whew! I'm tired!

Selina-Don't feel bad about not remember what everyone said. I do one better than Dena-I use a cheat sheet! I get a blank piece of paper and write down names and responses! It works! I just want to be sure to get to know everyone a little personally. I know I like it when people address me by my name so I try to do the same. Good going on your walking!

Kandice-thanks for posting that weight site. My idea weight is 166 lbs, 2 pounds above the high end of the medical weight. So, I guess when I hit 180 I'll need to regroup, aye? So, the undivorced man brought his fiancee to church? Well, good-sounds like they both need to be there! Oh, did I say that out loud? hee, hee. I have a co-worker whose dating a man whose divorce isn't final. I'm so afraid she's going to get hurt but she's an adult. I personally wouldn't date someone who isn't divorced yet but that's between them and their God. Anyway, sending you strength to eat healthy at lunch time! I'm sure you'll choose wisely!

Dena-congrats on the elliptical! When I first started on it, I could only do about 5-8 minutes. Now, I'm up to 50-60 minutes. You can do it! It's good to challenge ourselves sometimes. Also, on the pilates-I have a video. It's called pilates for dummies! When I first started doing that, I couldn't do all the reps and I didn't even attempt the last two exercises until I'd been doing it for quite a while. I built up to it, just like you're doing on the ellip. So, keep going, girl. Pretty soon, you'll be able to outdo me on that ellip!

Diana-My family doesn't have cable right now so the only things we can watch is our local ABC and NBC channel. I'm not much into reality shows. I figure my life is reality enough!! However, we do have a friend that tapes CSI (original) and Gilmore Girls for us. Oh, our cable is gone b/c of disobedient children. They're not supposed to watch t.v. until homework/chores are done. They decided they didn't like that rule so we decided we'd remove the temptation for them! If more parents would do this, we wouldn't need shows like super nanny!

Amy-As long as you were op, I wouldn't worry about the candy bar. I definitely limit my sugar intake. I usually save it for special occasions but as long I'm op, I don't sweat it. The other time I allow myself something small (sweet) is when I'm PMSing. Don't think I would survive, nor would those around me survive, my PMS w/o a little bit of chocolate! Congrats on the pound being gone!! See, we told you! Just hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself.

Gotta run. Have a great day, ladies.Thanks for all the encouragement and support! (((((hugs)))))) all around!!
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:29 PM   #144  

Hi all,

I’m in the middle of a big project, and I haven’t had much time to post. I’m hoping to be caught up by the end of next week.

I’m a hair under 5’6” with a medium frame. I’m aiming for the 140 - 150 range. I have a long way to go, but I’m getting there one pound at a time. Having a large amount of weight to lose can seem a daunting task at times, but this great group continues to keep me motivated. Thanks so much to all of you.

And now, it’s back to work. Have a good weekend everyone.
Florafae
Florafae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 02:54 PM   #145  

grilled chicken salad with honey mustard dressing. The honey mustard was in a packet and it said 8 total carbs and then I think the only other thing I have to count is tomatoes- everything else is free... so about 10 carbs for lunch.
(and Dena- felt you there- a coworker sitting on my left offerred me fries (I said no)
and then the coworker on my right- she had a ton of fries left over- I was like "you can't let those be thrown out!!" but thankfully the waitress came and asked her if she was done before my hands made it over there!)

I forgot to pack snacks today since I wasn't packing a lunch- so I've only eaten breakfast- 20 carbs (protein mix- 12 carbs and skim milk- 8 carbs) so 30 for today so far... we're having "rooster rollups" for dinner tonight, chicken and cheese and crescent rolls, and chicken soup- it's alot like chicken dumplings. I think it comes up to 11 carbs for 2 rolls ... I'll have to look it up- we haven't had them for a while... so I'll be within my carbs today (40-60).
I would love to get to a new low- been bouncing around 173 (naked) for a week or so now...

I don't know if anyone rents a lot of movies- we do- but on moviegallery.com they have rent 3 gets the 4th free coupon and it doesn't expire until 12/31/05.. I printed a bunch out. Usually we all get to pick 1 movie (=3) but if we get a 4th free... we can find 1 more no problem! We haven't been to the library in a while either- we should see if there's movies that we haven't seen there.

have a great weekend everyone!
Old 01-21-2005, 07:38 PM   #146  

Wow, good for you, Kandice! You're doing a great job. I'm proud of you for skipping those fries. Not an easy thing to do! (And I was looking over your shoulder!) The weekend is coming up... my downfall... so now it's your turn to watch me. On a brighter note, I did my 5 minutes on the elliptical today. I really wasn't looking forward to it. I made it some kind of pressure on myself. But thank you, everyone, for cheering me on. I feel like I accomplished something! By the way, I used to go to the library every weekend to get movies. They have the newest and best films on DVD. If I didn't get cable a few months ago (to finally see the latest episodes of the Sopranos), I'd still be going there. The only problem with cable is now I sit a lot more and want to keep watching tv. Not good.

Skinny, I must tell you that you inspired me when you said you can go on "that thing" for 50-60 minutes. That's awesome! Plus you walked 60 miles in a month?! And pilates?! Wow, girl, you put me to shame. But I love to hear what you are doing. It inspires me to get going, too. Speaking of inspiration, have either you or Kandice ever watched Joyce Meyers? She's a minister on TV. And I just love her. She's very intelligent and teaches scripture and about life extremely well. She has a great sense of humor, too. She's on every morning at 7:00 am. And I enjoy listening to what she says. (Oh, wait... I think she's on cable.)

Florafae, glad to see you again. Sorry about the huge project, but you'll get through it. Take care!

Well, it's time for me to make dinner. Have a great weekend, everyone!

P.S. How do you like my new avatar?
Hugs,
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 01-22-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:46 AM   #147  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Skinny butt, you are quite an uncommon mother, to take away cable from your kids. But I think it is a very good decision on your part. I'm sure that some tday I will have to od the same thing. I grew up without tv and so did my DH and we both think we are better for it. I read lots and he said he was very outdoorsy. Hats off to you for making tv a treat for your kids.

I hope your'e all doing well. I think I'mm addicted to eating the way others are to smoking. I mean well, but just can't quit. I wonder if there is a medicine out there that I can get from my doctor, I'm serious, I try everyday and it never works. I've had 2 good eating days in the last 3 weeks how pathetic is that.

Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:09 PM   #148  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi everyone!

Hey! Imma use my cheat sheet today! hee hee

Oh first I needa report my inches lost since I started all this. I just added them up. It's only measuring my Chest, Waist, Hips, Calf, Bicep, and Thigh. All together there are 38 3/4 inches gone! Yay! Why are they going away so slowly now tho?

Amy, Eat sweets if you can put them into ur plan. I eat Bit O Honeys... let me go get one and tell u the stats.. brb. Ok, I'm back. 1 whole bar is 190 cals, 3.5 gms of fat. Not so bad when most candy bars are 200+ cals and 13 gms or so of fat. I love those. I don't eat them every day but I do eat them. I just add them in. Oh and I eat fat free sherbet for ice cream when everyone else here is eating ice cream. I have just come to accept that for the rest of my life.. this is how it will be for me. And that's ok. Because I am going to hit my goal and maintain it, dang it!~

Kandice, Oh yeah, the food of the South. MMM.. so gooood, yet sooooo bad. I hear ya. You did very well at lunch. ^5! I bet you will make it to 173.

Dena, Congrats on your additional minute! I love it when my fitness level increases. It's great! Oh and I want springtime to get here soooo bad. I love flowers and all the greenery that comes out. I wrote a poem about it about 2 years ago and it's published in a book now. ::sigh::

Smart doing Skinny! LOL. I'm with you there on the cable issue. I'm a stickler for rules too. I try not to be too strict but you have to keep priorities. And I love that nanny show too! You are doing very well with your exercising too!

Hiya Flora! nice to meet you. I'm new here.

Diana, about being a food addict. I am one. Oh yeah. That's why I knowwww that I will have to be so diligent the rest of my days with this lifestyle I have now. I simply cannot allow it to overcome me again. Too many other things I want in life. Don't you all notice that food is something we HAVE to have about 3 times a day? You don't NEED drugs, cigarettes, sex, alcohol, etc. 3 times every single day of the week, do you? With those things, an addict would still live if they never had them again. (Ok, the no sex part, maybe would make life boring, but you get my drift.) So No Fair!! We have to struggle several times a day to eat THIS food and not THAT food. They can just choose not to even see what they overuse. We have to face it head on, non stop.. forever. That is why this is so hard. But I do believe that we can do this. Just means we are strong. Fine with me! I can be strong. ::flexing muscles:: Ha ha. Really tho, over time our tastes will change. I know that when I started Sugar Busters, which I don't really do anymore, the lack of sugar in my diet made it to where I had to drink my sweet tea only half sweetened bc I couldn't stand it so sweet. I had limited it so much that getting only half as much sugar in it was plenty. That was nice.

Ok, hope I got to each one of you who wrote!

Well, high fives to everyone. Keep at it. You all are doing greatttt! Hugs!!

Last edited by Soon2BFitChick; 01-22-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:11 AM   #149  

Dena- thanks for your encouragement... and congrats to you too- for making it 5 minutes! And no, never seen that show. I don't think I've ever watched a TV ministry- we just always turn the channel.

this weekend was my downfall... I was 177 naked this AM- so that's like 180+ on the curves scale ... I'm gonna get back on today. I get weighed and measured Thursday and I want it to be the real thing, instead of just measuring my mistake this weekend. it was so cold and icy, we didn't go out. All those comfort foods- cupcakes, pancakes; yeah that's what I ate. and I felt so bad about it at the time too- but still didn't stop myself! ugh!

selina- I noticed my taste buds changing too- I asked if I was normal. sweet things are (most of the time, except this weekend) too sweet, and bread, same thing, I can feel myself getting full when I eat bread.

everyone else- keep up the great work- can't wait to hear your progress!
Old 01-24-2005, 10:52 AM   #150  

Thumbs up Measurement/Weigh in Day

Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm happy to report that all of my exercising is paying off. I lost another inch... 1/2 inch from each thigh. That makes a total of 8 inches, so I met my goal this time. It's a good thing I didn't set a goal for weight loss. The scale hasn't budged. It's super discouraging when I rely on the scale and don't see progress. At least with taking my measurements, I know that I'm getting fitter. It's really hard for me to tell unless I measure. My hubby says I'm looking better, however!

Kandice, good for you for getting back on track. I know how hard it is to be good when it's cold out and all you want to do is kick back and eat comfort food. I'm glad the temp is the 60's here. It makes life a lot easier.

Selina, congrats to you for losing so many inches! Keep up the great work! Wow, you wrote a poem and got it published? Congrats to you!

Diana, I think you are going through some stress with your new job. Stress tends to make us want to eat. Once you settle in with your new routine you will be able to be a little stronger. Hang in there. We're rooting for you!

OK, how did everyone else do? Here's to another successful week~~
Hugs,
Dena